Alberto Medina Guadalajara (Mex)
Omar Bravo Guadalajara (Mex)
Adolfo Bautista Guadalajara (Mex)
Cuauhtemoc Blanco Club America (Mex)
Francisco Fonseca Tigres UANL (Mex)
Nery Castillo Olympiacos (Greece)
Jared Borgetti Cruz Azul (Mex)

Head Coach: Hugo Sanchez

This team has a lot more offensive weapons than the squad that went to Germany. We have a lot more players that play in Europe than before. I expect a very open and physical game.

johngateswhiteley
02-07-2007, 07:33 AM
tonight at 8PM!!!!
on ESPN2
should be a goodie

tomorrow, you meant...

T-Pain
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
tomorrow, you meant...
no tonight

dallaskd
02-07-2007, 06:43 PM
yeah its tonight. its only an exibition though. i made a bet wit my friend. i put my money on the USA. it should be good. 50,000 tix have already been sold. its played somewhere in Arizona. cant remember where. Is Freddy Adu on the US squad?

mardigan
02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
USA wins, 3-1, USA a-ok!

dallaskd
02-07-2007, 06:47 PM
didnt they beat us last year?

SAtown
02-07-2007, 07:48 PM
didnt they beat us last year?

Mexico and USA are both part of Concacaf, and play 2 meaningful games every 4 years before the World Cup (once in Mexico City and once in USA). Mexico won at home 2-1, and USA won in Columbus, OH. Mexico has not been good in the USA for a long while now. This is probably Mexico's strongest squad in a very long time though.

I say Mexico 3-1. It technically doesn't matter cuz this is a "friendly" game, but whenever they play, especially recently, it's been very physical. Bruce Arena didn't help it either when he created an anti-Mexican sentiment among the US players.

mardigan
02-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I hope Mapp gets some more run, and they play Cooper more. Bornstein looked great last game

cornbread
02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

Gerryatrics
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
http://gfx.download-by.net/screen/74/74023-3d-us-flag-screensaver.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/thomas12gow/US-Soccer-Dont-tread-on-me.jpg

Spurologist
02-07-2007, 09:22 PM
3-1 Usa

This match will be very intense. US will miss Onyewu's physical presence on defense. It also features two new coaches. Bob Bradley for US and Hugo Sanchez for Mexico. They will both want to get their first win for country.

Spurologist
02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Jimmy Conrad makes 1-0 US. Nice standing header off the corner

01Snake
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
W00T!

Nice deflection off ref for the stoppage time goal. :lol

T-Pain
02-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Usa!!!!!!!!!!! Usa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phenomanul
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
W00T!

Nice deflection off ref for the stoppage time goal. :lol

Fortuitous deflection...

Difference in the game: the US took advantage of it's limited opportunities at goal - Mexico didn't.

Great game. Glad it didn't break out into a brawl this year.

02-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Caught the end of the match. Pretty classless of the Mexico team not to shake hands at the end.

Question: Is it customary to shake after the game like they do in hockey?

Reason I ask is one of the ESPN commentators was talking about how this isn't the first time Mexico has done this.

Phenomanul
02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Caught the end of the match. Pretty classless of the Mexico team not to shake hands at the end.

Reason I ask is one of the ESPN commentators was talking about how this isn't the first time Mexico has done this.

About as classless as say... US players not granting interviews to the hispanic press and pushing them off on national TV?

The Mexican players were mad, I don't condone their behaviour but I understand their reluctance to go centerfield and say, "good game" -- it was a dissapointing game for them. To answer your question; no, it is not customary to greet each other after international matches... this is done at the start of games before or after the national anthems are played... If they do meet after games it is simply voluntary.... Did you expect the Australian National Squad to happily greet and meddle with the Italians after their WC game? No, they were dissapointed?

It's not like tennis where everyone expects the players to meet each other after the match. As someone mentioned above, their is alot of bad blood between the teams due to instigations emanating from different sources (Coach Bruce Arena, the media, ignorant fans etc...). The game itself was good. Aside from a victory, that's all that can be wanted by the fans.

Gerryatrics
02-08-2007, 10:47 AM

Teams almost always meet, shake hands/hug, chat/congratulate each other and often times exchange jerseys. At the very least players are expected to shake hands, which is where the controversy comes from. This isn't the first time the Mexican team has walked off the field without shaking hands. Of course the Mexican keeper trying to take out one of the US players after a goal was a lot worse than not shaking hands, but just more examples of how classless the Mexican National Team is.

Dos a Cero! Dos a Cero! Dos a Cero!

Phenomanul
02-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Teams almost always meet, shake hands/hug, chat/congratulate each other and often times exchange jerseys. At the very least players are expected to shake hands, which is where the controversy comes from. This isn't the first time the Mexican team has walked off the field without shaking hands. Of course the Mexican keeper trying to take out one of the US players after a goal was a lot worse than not shaking hands, but just more examples of how classless the Mexican National Team is.

Yeah that was bad....

01Snake
02-08-2007, 10:56 AM

My thoughts exactly.
:clap

MajorMike
02-08-2007, 10:56 AM
We have a soccer team?

Phenomanul
02-08-2007, 10:57 AM
both teams played like stuffing in the first half... feels good to beat the mexicanos on our own soil though

Why would you be surprised? They've yet to drop a game in the states to Mexico since 1995 - I believe?.