PDA

View Full Version : A Little Help Needed (Spurs Essay)

texbumTHElife
02-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I am writing an essay for school that just so happens to be about the spurs ;).

My essay is essentially about how many people want to blame the Spurs disappointing season, to this point, on several things:

- The Spurs don't have the personnel to keep up with the younger more athletic teams in the NBA (West).
- The talent is there but the players are not consistently giving 100% or playing at their best.
- A lack of being able to adapt by the coaches has handicapped the team.

But how I believe the real reason the Spurs are disappointing so many fans this season is because of the insanely high standards fans have on the Spurs.

I am going to use several points:

- Multiple Championships in a short time span
- High Rate of Playoff appearances the last decade
- The number of truly great players the Spurs have had over the past decade

To show how this unrealistic expectation was created.

So, to get on with it, I am not really looking for arguments about any of my criteria, I am really just looking for credible sources (articles) to cite.

Any help would be very much appreciated either in this thread or in the form of a PM.

I will post this finished product here on this site for those of you who are interested when I am finished.

- Thnx Kori for letting me post this.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
http://eteamz.active.com/ArkansasLadyTitans/images/BLOCKINGOUTPICTURE.jpg

Here is an illustration you could use. The girl blocking out has better rebounding skills than Elson, Oberto, Horry, Butler and Duncan.

Leetonidas
02-07-2007, 12:35 AM
You rang? :lol

bdictjames
02-07-2007, 01:07 PM
http://eteamz.active.com/ArkansasLadyTitans/images/BLOCKINGOUTPICTURE.jpg

Here is an illustration you could use. The girl blocking out has better rebounding skills than Elson, Oberto, Horry, Butler and Duncan.

Get Duncan out of that list!!! :madrun

MoSpur
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
You rang? :lol

:lmao