PDA

View Full Version : Easy stretch coming up...

jeffdrums22
02-07-2007, 01:00 AM
It's now the Spurs' turn to get their easy schedule, and not have back to backs against Utah and Phoenix, etc.....which should be able to rack up a lot in the win column, and end all the criticism. Not saying they'll win ALL these games, but they should win the majority of them. Coming up for SA:

Wizards, Magic, Heat, Nets, Pistons, Nuggets, Hawks, Sonics, Raptors, Magic again, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers, Kings, Nets again, Clippers again, Bucks, Celtics, Pacers, Pistons, Sonics, Warriors, Hornets, with their next real game being March 30 vs the Utah Jazz.

Pistons might be the only good team on this list. Rockets, well, maybe, but without any wild fluke shots by McGrady, we should be able to beat them. But look at the rest of the teams. Perfect opportunity to pull it together in time for April...

THE SIXTH MAN
02-07-2007, 01:05 AM
I thought you stopped watching? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59671) :dramaquee

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2007, 01:08 AM
if we lose 3 games in that run, this team definitely sucks

HCA seems very desperate for us now with a shit ageing bench

jeffdrums22
02-07-2007, 01:21 AM
I thought you stopped watching? (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59671) :dramaquee

That post about me not watching anymore was clearly sarcastic to show most people what they sound like regarding the Spurs.

Trainwreck2100
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
That post about me not watching anymore was clearly sarcastic to show most people what they sound like regarding the Spurs.

Yes it was cleary sarcastic, what with you changing your tone and facial expressions.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I hope we lose every game.

thispego
02-07-2007, 01:47 AM
no shit

SenorSpur
02-07-2007, 03:06 AM
I beg to differ. The Spurs could just as easily lose their next 3-5 games on the road. The Blizzards, Magic, Heat, Nets and Pistons will all present a formidable challenge for them - despite having a 5-day break to rest old legs.

boutons_
02-07-2007, 08:08 AM
"5-day break"

.... usually means the Spurs come out "rusty" for next 3 or 4 games :lol

LEONARD
02-07-2007, 09:53 AM
12-6 over that run...

lebomb
02-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I beg to differ. The Spurs could just as easily lose their next 3-5 games on the road. The Blizzards, Magic, Heat, Nets and Pistons will all present a formidable challenge for them - despite having a 5-day break to rest old legs.

X2

MrChug
02-07-2007, 10:12 AM
This Wiz game will be tough, they should come out of the East with the maturity of Arenas. Pistons are really picking up steam. Bucks are getting Michael Redd back (they were playing pretty darn well with him). Magic are playing very badly in the recent stretch so they MAY be wins. The Rockets? Well, they're right on our heels...k'd our A last time out...

J.T.
02-07-2007, 10:27 AM
12-6 over that run...

6-12 is more likely.

ploto
02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Wizards, Magic, Heat, Nets, Pistons, Nuggets, Hawks, Sonics, Raptors, Magic again, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers, Kings, Nets again, Clippers again, Bucks, Celtics, Pacers, Pistons, Sonics, Warriors, Hornets, with their next real game being March 30 vs the Utah Jazz.

That pretty much sums up the Spurs problems this season.

Testing
02-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Almost all those are playoff teams in the East. What are you talking about "Easy?"

jeffdrums22
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Almost all those are playoff teams in the East. What are you talking about "Easy?"

The Eastern Conference is easy. Even though the Spurs are having a pretty bad season, there's not an East team that can say they're playing better basketball than SA. West teams can say that, but not East.

bdictjames
02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
The Heat are not so easy anymore, my friend.

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The Eastern Conference is easy. Even though the Spurs are having a pretty bad season, there's not an East team that can say they're playing better basketball than SA. West teams can say that, but not East.

hello? we don't have a bench. A team without a bench could lose to the Hawks any given day.

ShoogarBear
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Wiz are 19-5 at home. The Spurs would kill for that record.

LEONARD
02-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Solids points...can't argue with that... :)

cheguevara
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Wiz are 19-5 at home. The Spurs would kill for that record.

when Wiz lose at home, they get blown out. Hope tonight is one of those.

jeffdrums22
02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
This Wiz game will be tough, they should come out of the East with the maturity of Arenas. Pistons are really picking up steam. Bucks are getting Michael Redd back (they were playing pretty darn well with him). Magic are playing very badly in the recent stretch so they MAY be wins. The Rockets? Well, they're right on our heels...k'd our A last time out...

Wow, what a tough game against the Wizards huh. What was the final score again? 135-70 Spurs or something like that.

jeffdrums22
02-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Well the "Blizzards" presented no challenge for them. Those old legs ran a basketball clinic for the Wizards last night. Magic, Heat, and Nets? Magic might present a challenge for SA if it is 1993. Heat might give us a challenge if Shaq is 100% which is never almost. I have never seen Wade do anything spectacular vs. the Spurs. Nets? Enough said. Pistons are the only ones out East even close to playing at the level of any West playoff team.

Mr. Body
02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Most of those games won't be terribly hard. Some of those teams are struggling mightily, like the Nets. Orlando and Miami, while strong EC teams, aren't nearly as good as the Spurs are.

The problem with this stretch is that it will wind up masking the problems the Spurs have against the top teams in the West.

mabber
02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
The Heat are not so easy anymore, my friend.

They're still my pick to represent the east in the finals again.

bdictjames
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
They're still my pick to represent the east in the finals again.
Nah, Shaq wouldn't show up. I pick Detroit. :rolleyes

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Before the Rodeo Road Trip started, I predicted (on that OTHER fan forum which seems to be dead now) that the Spurs would beat the Lakers but lose to Utah and Phoenix, and on the Eastern swing, would lose to the Magic and the Heat but beat the Wizards, Nets, and Pistons to go 4-4. I also said that if they don't get moving they may well lose to the Pistons too and go 3-5.

So far, after 4 games, I've called them all exactly right.

I *hope* that they turn it around and beat up on all these Eastern teams, and prove that last night's performance wasn't a fluke.

They certainly did look like a different team against the Wizards. My comments to my wife were along the lines of, "Who are these guys and what did they do with the Spurs?" and "Wow, they are actually trying!"

The one thing that did not bode well was their, once again, absolutely terrible performance on the boards, especially the defensive boards. However, the help defense and the ball movement on offense looked tremendously better. I hope it continues.

jeffdrums22
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Most of those games won't be terribly hard. Some of those teams are struggling mightily, like the Nets. Orlando and Miami, while strong EC teams, aren't nearly as good as the Spurs are.

The problem with this stretch is that it will wind up masking the problems the Spurs have against the top teams in the West.

Exactly. That's why it's the Spurs' turn for their easy schedule. The problem with Phoenix's record is that it also masks the problems they've had against top West teams. No criticism for them though.

LEONARD
02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Orlando = minor road bump

No worries peeps... :fro

NBABaller
02-10-2007, 06:58 PM
if we lose 3 games in that run, this team definitely sucks

HCA seems very desperate for us now with a shit ageing bench

:lol

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Orlando = minor road bump

No worries peeps... :fro

I meant AFTER the Heat game...no worries now...

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2007, 09:55 AM
I smell 20 wins in a row.

nkdlunch
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I smell 20 wins in a row.

for Spurs? :lol no way. We won't even get more than 5 wins in a row for the rest of the season.

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2007, 10:12 AM
for Spurs? :lol no way. We won't even get more than 5 wins in a row for the rest of the season.

If Beno will start playing like an allstar, then we won't lose until the end of the season. :p:

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2007, 04:04 PM
There is no such thing as an easy game for the Spurs, so how can it be possible to go on an easy game stretch?

Big Shot Rob
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Easy games?

For the Spurs?

:grim: :bang :blah :fro

Don Quixote
02-12-2007, 10:07 PM
It's now the Spurs' turn to get their easy schedule, and not have back to backs against Utah and Phoenix, etc.....which should be able to rack up a lot in the win column, and end all the criticism. Not saying they'll win ALL these games, but they should win the majority of them. Coming up for SA:

Pistons might be the only good team on this list. Rockets, well, maybe, but without any wild fluke shots by McGrady, we should be able to beat them. But look at the rest of the teams. Perfect opportunity to pull it together in time for April...

I got excited when I read the headline about an easy stretch coming up, but then I realized that this "easy stretch" the Spurs are allegedly hitting isn't against the likes of Judson High School, the team from Teen Wolf, or High School Musical.

They have to play actual NBA teams. Which they're not beating these days.

They're more likely to go under .500 the rest of the way.

Budkin
02-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I predict that if the Spurs manage not to lose anymore games that they will in fact win them all.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2007, 10:41 PM
this ageing spurs team fuckn sucks, history shows we do good on rodeo road trips, but this year we suck.