PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse Gives Spurs major props

The_Game
02-07-2007, 08:56 AM
“It’s really not about the Suns to me,” says Jerry Stackhouse. “It’s still about San Antonio. Phoenix hasn’t done anything. We haven’t really done anything, but we’ve done more than them. We’ve been to the Finals. They’ve had a couple of good playoff runs, but most teams in the Western Conference have had those. You look at their record and what they’ve done and they haven’t beaten any of the good playoff teams. There’s some blemishes on their record. I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.”

exstatic
02-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I'd say that was more of a diss on the Suns than props for the Spurs.

ThomasGranger
02-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Isn't Phoenix on I-10 as well?

Hook Dem
02-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Stackhouse is a classless FROG!......an ugly one at that!!!!

lebomb
02-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Some of yall are dumbasses.........if you dont see what Jerry said as a sign of respect for the Spurs............... :rolleyes

dbestpro
02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Mind games. He wants the Suns to think they have no respect and then go out watch the Suns and Spurs beat up each other in the playoffs so that Dallas has an easier road to travel. There is always an ulterior motive.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2007, 10:24 AM
robert horry would love to have another bite thank you

ArgSpursFan
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM

Yeah,I agree,He is just downplaying the Suns

cheguevara
02-07-2007, 10:40 AM
fuck stackhouse. That negro will compliment you and then stab you in the back.

RonMexico
02-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Stack is an idiot. Let's remember - this is the guy who said he had a "good look" when he passed up a wide open 15 foot jumper in the WCSF to run back to the 3 point line and try to take a last second shot with Manu in his face.

His comments are just indicative of his fear of the Suns. Spurs are the only team that has done shit in the west. Getting to the Finals means nothing when you choke like that. Other teams have had playoff runs like the Suns? Nope, they're the only ones besides the Spurs to have back-to-back WCF appearences in the last 5 years.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
playin finals is > b2b losin teams in wcf

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I think this was more a shot at the Suns through a back handed compliment to the Spurs. Jerry's got a chip on his shoulder because even though they're neck and neck right now there's more love for the Suns from the national media (at least that's how it seems to me). What it looks like he really wanted to say was, "They haven't won shit, we went to the finals last year." He avoided saying that while propping a team with championship success that they just happened to beat last year as the team to watch out for. It's a pretty savvy move, IMO.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
He may be an idiot, but he's saying the same things I believe. PHX is not a team I'm afraid of the Spurs facing in the playoffs. Dallas and possibly LA (the have a pretty big frontline when healthy and above avg defense) are the only teams I cringe about in a 7 game series. I would put Houston here, but as of late they are a one man show. I assume he feels the same way. PHX is good, but they are VERY vunerable b/c of their size. I for one, fel we have just as good a shot as Dallas in taking the west and I think Stackhouse knows that too.

Brutalis
02-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Stack has long been known as a selfish jerk in the NBA, and when he opens his mouth it's like a trainwreck.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Some players I don't like when i see them on the court (Mourning), but when you meet them in person, they're pretty cool people (Mourning at the Essence music fest). Stop calling people jerks when you don't know them. I don't know Stack personally, but I've seen him out years ago in HOU and ATL and he seemed like a pretty cool cat. If I can find them, I'll scan some photos (pre-digital camera photos).

remingtonbo2001
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
“It’s really not about the Suns to me,” says Jerry Stackhouse. “It’s still about San Antonio. Phoenix hasn’t done anything. We haven’t really done anything, but we’ve done more than them. We’ve been to the Finals. They’ve had a couple of good playoff runs, but most teams in the Western Conference have had those. You look at their record and what they’ve done and they haven’t beaten any of the good playoff teams. There’s some blemishes on their record. I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.”

Has anyone notified Stackhouse that the interstate connection between Dallas and San Antonio is I-35....Hmmm...This draws the question....Did Cuban ever visit the San Antonio River, or was he actually describing the town of Houston?

Tradition
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
A team who matches up very well with the Spurs/Mavs as well when healthy is Houston. Tmac I heard is having his back messaged all the time and the way they have messaged it has helped him dramatically. As a result he could miss much fewer games. Yao, who has been a fucking monster this season before the injury, will be back in a few weeks and Battier was a sick pickup. Houston also has a 4.3 million dollar trade exception to go along with Sura's short contract to get another big to help out on the boards/depth. Oh yeah Houston also can play defense pretty fucking well.

StylisticS
02-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Has anyone notified Stackhouse that the interstate connection between Dallas and San Antonio is I-35....Hmmm...This draws the question....Did Cuban ever visit the San Antonio River, or was he actually describing the town of Houston?

Uh. San Antonio sits on I-10. Does it not?

cornbread
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
It's a just a little trash talk. No big deal. I think the respect IS there for the Spurs though.

smeagol
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
That was a big props on the Spurs (and a little diss on the Suns).

Recognize.

DDS4
02-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Mind boggling that some of you see this as a diss on the Spurs.

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
You can tell a lot of things just by watching a player on the court. Stackhouse seems like a fucking asshole. That plus the local media that gives you insights when he was playing here in DC, I can guarantee Stackhouse is a jerk.
Didn't he bitchslap his wife or something in VA?

Fuck him.

DePastino
02-07-2007, 02:19 PM
:huh

I don't understand why some of you are flaming Stackhouse. He said NOTHING derogatory about the Spurs whatsoever.

Distrust his motives, but how can you hurl F bombs at a guy paying his respects?

Anyone care to explain?

Testing
02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Damn, this sucks. I was hoping that the Mavs had forgotten all about the Spurs and had gotten overconfident in their ability to beat them. This way they would try a little less when they play them in the playoffs and the Spurs can surprise them. So much for mind games :depressed

:tu Good quote by Stackhouse. I believe Jason Terry also had some good things to say in that same article about the Spurs.

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
:huh

I don't understand why some of you are flaming Stackhouse. He said NOTHING derogatory about the Spurs whatsoever.

Distrust his motives, but how can you hurl F bombs at a guy paying his respects?

Anyone care to explain?

I am not flaming him because of what he said. I just think he is a fake ass and don't even take anything he says seriously.

I personally don't like him because when he was playing here in DC he was a really bad teamate, and had his shitty behaviour inside and outside the court.

If you watch him closely, even now he will always try to pick a fight with opposing players eventhough they don't wanna fight. He is an instigator. and I've seen the worse flagrant fouls being commited by him.

Oh, Gee!!
02-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I think the Mavs should worry about the Suns more than they should about the Spurs. Sad really.

Budkin
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
The best Stackhouse quote ever is the one about Dick Bavetta...

"Somebody saw Bavetta get off the bus [Wednesday] night and I thought, 'Oh, [expletive].' I knew what was coming."

Shank
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/Literacy/images/RIFLogo2.jpg

confined
02-07-2007, 04:30 PM
fuck stackhouse. That negro will compliment you and then stab you in the back.
yeah its comments like these that really show how much of a fucking moron you are....you sir...are an idiot

cheguevara
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/images/caveman.jpghttp://pistonsonline.com/images/historypics/Jerry_Stackhouse.jpg

Jerry Stackhouse
02-07-2007, 05:56 PM
That's right. Someone had to say it. The suns ain't shit. The reason why is they don't have someone on their team that scores a ton. They pass too much. I'll add to it by saying the Lakers are more of a threat than the Suns because of Kobe Bryant.

dg7md
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't see why you guys are so hellbent against him. He complimented us and he is a player on his own team trying to win, but he sees that we're still a very established, proven team. He just won some respect from me.

cherylsteele
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Uh. San Antonio sits on I-10. Does it not?
Not to be a smart ass but....but to get from Dallas to San Antonio you do take I-35 not I-10.

As I Spurs' fan, I take it as a compliment, albeit with a grain of salt.

bonesinaz
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Isn't Phoenix on I-10 as well?

:lol :lol :lol @ Satckhouse. Phoenix is indeed on I-10.

Caveman
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/images/caveman.jpghttp://pistonsonline.com/images/historypics/Jerry_Stackhouse.jpg

i'm not totally in love with your post there.

and we all know, respect, disrespect, props or no props, this team is not winning anything without major defensive improvements.

The Truth #6
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM
What he said was respectful towards the Spurs, but I still think he plays like a dickweed in picking fights with people and throwing unneeded elbows and crap like that.

His comment give props to the Spurs but was a stupid diss on the Suns. Overall, it's not a great comment to make and I doubt Avery would be happy with it.

cheguevara
02-07-2007, 06:58 PM
i'm not totally in love with your post there.

and we all know, respect, disrespect, props or no props, this team is not winning anything without major defensive improvements.

even a caveman could have BSd a compliment to the Spurs. Stack's resume speaks for itself.

StylisticS
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
but to get from Dallas to San Antonio you do take I-35 not I-10.
Yeah i know lol and i'm sure he does too. But I don't think he was trying to teach us all a geography lesson on how to get from Dallas to San Antonio in the article.

Extra Stout
02-07-2007, 07:54 PM
I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring
Was he referring to the Lakers, Clippers, Suns, Spurs, Rockets, or Hornets?

Amarelooms
02-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Stack is being way too kind and full of shit. Trust me the Mavs much rather face the Spurs. They are more athletic than the Spurs and honestly should win the series in 5-6 games. Suns are just a tough team to matchup against.

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Stack is being way too kind and full of shit. Trust me the Mavs much rather face the Spurs. They are more athletic than the Spurs and honestly should win the series in 5-6 games. Suns are just a tough team to matchup against.

what a closet Suns fan(especially w/a name like Amarelooms). u're embarrasing to sports in general.

milkyway21
02-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Stackhouse respects the Spurs game but i think he's jealous of the Sun's good run as well...

but i always remember this guy giving Finley some crazy props in the last playoff, acting like crazy as if he was on top of the world :rolleyes

Mavschick
02-07-2007, 10:17 PM
The one thing I hate about a lot of the Mavs players like Stackhouse and a lot of Mavs fans is how cocky and smug they are. We haven't learned a thing after last year. We commit one of the biggest choke jobs, if not the biggest choke job, in NBA finals history, and come back the next year all serene like it never happened and bragging like last year about how great we're doing in the regular season. Make like the Colts. Until you actually win something meaningful, you know, like a championship, show some humility and shut up about yourselves because you literally have nothing to brag about.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
The one thing I hate about a lot of the Mavs players like Stackhouse and a lot of Mavs fans is how cocky and smug they are. We haven't learned a thing after last year. We commit one of the biggest choke jobs, if not the biggest choke job, in NBA finals history, and come back the next year all serene like it never happened and bragging like last year about how great we're doing in the regular season. Make like the Colts. Until you actually win something meaningful, you know, like a championship, show some humility and shut up about yourselves because you literally have nothing to brag about.

that's what millionaires do.

dirk4mvp
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
damn, the guy gives your team hella props and all most of you can do is flame him for it. 1st class :rolleyes

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
wow, mavschick knows more than 99% of the Mav trolls

Amuseddaysleeper
02-07-2007, 10:28 PM
can anyone post the terry quote if there was one about the Spurs

dirk4mvp
02-07-2007, 10:30 PM

the nasty fart I let go a few minutes ago makes you look like a dumbass.

cherylsteele
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah i know lol and i'm sure he does too. But I don't think he was trying to teach us all a geography lesson on how to get from Dallas to San Antonio in the article.
I know...I am sure he meant I-35.

milkyway21
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
damn, the guy gives your team hella props and all most of you can do is flame him for it. 1st class :rolleyesi wish it was Dirk or Dampier saying good things about the Spurs not Stackhouse, those are nice guys, and we won't be debating this long right now :lol

adrienne
02-07-2007, 11:31 PM

Which is what you would say about me, or any Mavs fan if they came in here and said "The Mavs suck. All hail San Antonio".

Please_dont_ban_me
02-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Of course he wants to see SA.

His elbow just isn't the same without Manu's face plastered on it.

dbreiden83080
02-07-2007, 11:45 PM

You know if the Spurs finish the season hot i really don't think the Suns wiil want any part of us in the 2nd round. Spurs have so much title experience and the Suns have yet to get over the hump.

Big Shot Rob
02-08-2007, 12:27 AM
People--get real.

Stackhouse was giving major props to the Spurs.

Frankly--Stack plays with a lot of heart. I was glad to see this quote--it was classy on his part and people here who say use his quote to say shit about him are assholes.

When we play the Mavs, its natural to get all riled up. The only team who can beat us in the playoffs are the Mavs. The only team that may have a chance against the Mavs will be the Spurs.

Stack recognized this and came right out and spoke the truth--The Suns can take their winning streak and stick it where the sun don't shine come playoff time--if and when the Spurs play the Suns in the WCF semi-finals, the Spurs can sweep them/

Only team I lose sleep over is the Mavs...

awktalk
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
I thought he hated the Spurs?

DMC
01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
“it’s really not about the suns to me,” says jerry stackhouse. “it’s still about san antonio. They gots some good ass weed. Phoenix hasn’t done anything to grow any decent shit for years. We haven’t really done anything to help them, but we’ve done more than them to grow our own. We’ve been to the fields. They’ve had a couple of good drug runs, but most teams in the western conference have had those. You look at their record and what they’ve done and they haven’t grown any of the good stuff. There’s some seeds in their shit. I know what those boys down on i-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish, which is to secure some fucking shiiiiiit... Biatch.”

fify