PDA

View Full Version : Pet Boarding

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have experience with any pet boarders here in San Antonio? We will be out of town for about four days and Yogi and Deuce (labs) need to go somewhere.

We need to keep in mind, they are escape artists so probably will be better in some place that has cement floors like at the Humane Society.

Recommendations?

AlamoSpursFan
02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Rob Cary Pet Resort

02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I think Acres North on 281 still boards and I've passed by this one before http://www.robcary.com/ but don't know much about it other than what I saw on the news (talking about the pet spa stuff)

Chief
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
kori, please update us on where you decide and how you liked it and the pricing and all.

My fam is gonna vacation in the summer and needs to leave our cat somewhere.

101A
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Home Alone Pets

(210) 680-0881

Seriously, Kori.

We used her MANY times when we lived in SA; Animals stay home, she takes complete care of them; economical, as well.

We had dog, cats and fish, always happy with the service.

ashbeeigh
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Be careful wherever you do go, our dogs alway get kennel cough when we returned from vacation.

AlamoSpursFan
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Well I was gonna edit my post to add the linkage, but 1369 got it for me.

Caryl Scrimpsher's one of the best dog folks in the city...hell, maybe the state.

I wouldn't mention that you heard about them from me though...she hates my guts because of the way my 2 year relationship with her daughter ended several years ago. Long story.

They're good peeps though.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Home Alone Pets

(210) 680-0881

Seriously, Kori.

We used her MANY times when we lived in SA; Animals stay home, she takes complete care of them; economical, as well.

We had dog, cats and fish, always happy with the service.

Well see there's a problem with them staying home.

They can't stay in the house unless someone is with them, or else Deuce will panic and destroy the house.

They can't stay in the backyard because they can escape. We have tried 100's of things to stop them.

We work from home and are with them all the time. If we have to leave the house for a while, they go in the garage (but now Deuce tore a hole in the garage wall :shootme).

So I'm not sure if pet sitting would work unless that person was actually house sitting and just didn't leave the house.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Okay, I'll call Rob Cary and see (but I don't want to pay like $50 a day for spa treatment and for them to watch TV and stuff :lol).

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

gay abc
02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
we used rob cary when we lived san antonio - never had any problems

always got the "bow wow suite" - can't beat $24.00 a day

http://www.robcary.com

Shelly
02-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Kori-

Use Home Away From Home kennels on Mainland. They are a lot cheaper than Rob Carey (we used to board there) and close by.

They also don't charge you for play time and leash walks like Rob Carey does. You can go down and visit and talk to them before deciding.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
We haven't used it yet, Kori, but there's a spot right down the road from you on Mainland between Tezel and Bandera (it's right across from Pet Medical Center).

Also (and since it's our vet and they've been nothing but great), Ingram Park Animal Hospital (on Ingram near the old Toys 'R Us) offers boarding. I don't have the number on me, but will post it when I get home.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Be careful wherever you do go, our dogs alway get kennel cough when we returned from vacation.

You have to get the Bordatella drops or they won't take your pet.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
We haven't used it yet, Kori, but there's a spot right down the road from you on Mainland between Tezel and Bandera (it's right across from Pet Medical Center).

Also (and since it's our vet and they've been nothing but great), Ingram Park Animal Hospital (on Ingram near the old Toys 'R Us) offers boarding. I don't have the number on me, but will post it when I get home.

That's Home Away from Home :)

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Their # is 509-4663

Indoor/Outdoor Run is $18/day
Additional dog 25% off $13.50/day
Leash Walks Free
Play Time/Yard Time Free
Good Doggie discount $3.00 off (my dog earned this!)

These were the prices as of May 06

Don't use Holidawg on Braun...it's a dump!

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Their # is 509-4663

Indoor/Outdoor Run is $18/day
Additional dog 25% off $13.50/day
Leash Walks Free
Play Time/Yard Time Free

These were the prices as of May 06

Don't use Holidawg on Braun...it's a dump!

Thanks I just emailed them to see how secure it is to make sure Deuce can't escape.

:lol That won't be happening with our dogs.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Thanks.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Kori,

do you have a fax machine? I can fax their brochure

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks.

Here you go. I would call instead of e-mailing, though. The first time I took Kiki (over five years ago), I sent them an e-mail after the visit to thank them and ask a general question and never got a response. When I took her for a follow-up visit, our doctor told me he never had an e-mail in the entire time they'd had it up and was surprised when he had ours.

http://ipahvets.com/index.html

Ingram Park Animal Hospital
6603 Ingram Road
San Antonio, TX 78238

Phone: 210-680-1800
Fax: 210-523-6609

[email protected]

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Rob Cary Pet Resort

:tu

sa_butta
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I have a personal friend that takes care of animals in your home. She works for Alamo Heights Pet clinic. If you want more info PM me.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
At this point I'm leaning toward keep them at their vet (Fredricksburg Road Animal Hospital) but still taking other things into consideration.

Thanks everyone and keep the suggestions coming.

101A
02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Well see there's a problem with them staying home.

They can't stay in the house unless someone is with them, or else Deuce will panic and destroy the house.

They can't stay in the backyard because they can escape. We have tried 100's of things to stop them.

We work from home and are with them all the time. If we have to leave the house for a while, they go in the garage (but now Deuce tore a hole in the garage wall :shootme).

So I'm not sure if pet sitting would work unless that person was actually house sitting and just didn't leave the house.

In PA where we live, nobody has fences AT ALL - we moved from Texas with a border collie that NEVER spent a moment indoors:

Invisible Fence (http://www.invisiblefence.com/?utm_source=GoogleAdwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleAdWords&utm_term=Invisible+Fence&gclid=CJber-OonYoCFSiANAodDlYgmg)

Everybody uses those things; works unbelievably well. Our dog, and our neighbor's both have the collars on; they each go right to the edge of the property and stare at each other; neither will cross the line. Cats walk by, other dogs, anything at all - they WON'T leave their yards. And that's with absolutely no other barrier - just a wire buried 12" underground. They have stuff for inside the house, as well.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:44 PM
go ahead and delete...i'm faxing now

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 05:44 PM
In PA where we live, nobody has fences AT ALL - we moved from Texas with a border collie that NEVER spent a moment indoors:

Invisible Fence (http://www.invisiblefence.com/?utm_source=GoogleAdwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleAdWords&utm_term=Invisible+Fence&gclid=CJber-OonYoCFSiANAodDlYgmg)

Everybody uses those things; works unbelievably well. Our dog, and our neighbor's both have the collars on; they each go right to the edge of the property and stare at each other; neither will cross the line. Cats walk by, other dogs, anything at all - they WON'T leave their yards. And that's with absolutely no other barrier - just a wire buried 12" underground. They have stuff for inside the house, as well.

I will look into it, thanks.

ORION
02-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I think midge knows some vietnamese people that will take care of them real cheap

tlongII
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Ron Artest's house.

Mijo
02-07-2007, 07:11 PM
I rarely go out of town but when I have to leave her she stays here:
Holidawg Pet Resort
10742 Braun Road,
San Antonio, TX 78254
(210) 688-3621

Family oriented and reasonably priced. Very escape proof.

Fillmoe
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Ron Artest's house.

:lol :lol

RashoFan
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I think midge knows some vietnamese people that will take care of them real cheap
:lol That's F@CKED UP.....

:hungry:

NorCal510
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
snowboarding?

Slomo
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I can easily picture timvp on a snowboard.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2007, 08:27 PM
We ended up just boarding them at Fredericksburg Road Animal Hospital for under $120 for five days. They were very understanding about Deuce being anxiety-ridden and both of them being escape artists.

We picked them up this afternoon and everything seemed to go fine.

Shelly, I had talked to the one that you recommended and their answer to me was that they would want them tranquilized while they were there if they were any kind of problem dogs :wtf That wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.