PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Million Sq. Ft. Shopping Center planned for Kyle Seale and 1604.

Buddy Holly
02-07-2007, 05:17 PM
This will be bigger than The Rim.

http://xs412.xs.to/xs412/07063/kylesealedevelopment.PNG

http://www.hausmanunited.org/issues/development/kyle_seale_site_plan.pdf

Anchors include: Costco, HEB, Barnes and Noble, Home Depot and more.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Why would the put B&N, HEB, and Home Depot there when there's each at Bandera/1604 less than a few miles away? That doesn't make sense

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Why would the put B&N, HEB, and Home Depot there when there's each at Bandera/1604 less than a few miles away? That doesn't make sense

That Bandera HEB ain't much to write home about and I wonder if maybe the Bandera/1604 will close.

sa_butta
02-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Why would the put B&N, HEB, and Home Depot there when there's each at Bandera/1604 less than a few miles away? That doesn't make senseDoesnt make any sense to have Valeros across the street from each other, but they do it anyway. Maybe this one will be an HEB plus.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Doesnt make any sense to have Valeros across the street from each other, but they do it anyway. Maybe this one will be an HEB plus.

I heard that the Bandera HEB is supposed to be an HEB Plus.

I'd rather have Central Market

That Bandera HEB ain't much to write home about and I wonder if maybe the Bandera/1604 will close.

If you're talking about the one on Guilbeau...I agree. I hate that one. But the Bandera/1604 one is nice.

mookie2001
02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
que lastima

AlamoSpursFan
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Just what the world needs...another shopping center.

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I heard that the Bandera HEB is supposed to be an HEB Plus.

I'd rather have Central Market

If you're talking about the one on Guilbeau...I agree. I hate that one. But the Bandera/1604 one is nice.

I've only been to the B/1604 location once recently (I have a "family" member working there who I can't stand and would just rather not take the chance at seeing her) so I don't know if it's gotten better, but it's okay, I guess.

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Just what the world needs...another shopping center.

:lol

No shit, I wonder how many they can eventually fit along 1604?

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I've only been to the B/1604 location once recently (I have a "family" member working there who I can't stand and would just rather not take the chance at seeing her) so I don't know if it's gotten better, but it's okay, I guess.

They brought back the Central Market feel to it. They are constantly updating it too. Just when I get used to where something is, they move it! :lol

It's waaay nice than the one on Guilbeau.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Damn straight. I go to the one on Culebra/1604.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM
No shit, I wonder how many they can eventually fit along 1604?

I don't know, but it's bad enough now. Hey, JB...did you notice they are adding another turn lane to where you turn to go to Target and on the other side going into HEB at the light?

01Snake
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
That area will be soon replace Stone Oak as "The" place to live.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't know, but it's bad enough now. Hey, JB...did you notice they are adding another turn lane to where you turn to go to Target and on the other side going into HEB at the light?

Yes, F'n finally.

Although I will give the sensor credit for staying on to get damn near every car in that left turn lane to turn.

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:39 PM
When is this supposed to be built anyway?

Shelly
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes, F'n finally.

Although I will give the sensor credit for staying on to get damn near every car in that left turn lane to turn.

This is true!

Last night, we went to O'Connor for elective night info. It tooks us forever to get through there, which is why my son will be taking the bus in the morning.

It's still up in the air if we'll be switching to Brandeis.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
This is true!

Last night, we went to O'Connor for elective night info. It tooks us forever to get through there, which is why my son will be taking the bus in the morning.

It's still up in the air if we'll be switching to Brandeis.

Anytime I drive towards that area, I rarely go through Bandera - I think 1604 is a little faster.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 06:03 PM
They brought back the Central Market feel to it. They are constantly updating it too. Just when I get used to where something is, they move it! :lol

Yeah Bandera/1604 is actually a very nice HEB, but I rarely go there. The Guibeau one is just so much closer to us. But I think I actually go to Wal-Mart more than either one of them because of the timing.

mookie2001
02-07-2007, 06:11 PM
yall sure are suburban

METALMiKE
02-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Buddy Holly, what is going to become of the area around the AT&T Center? I know the city wants to revitalize that area, I haven't heard anything though.:(

01Snake
02-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Buddy Holly, what is going to become of the area around the AT&T Center? I know the city wants to revitalize that area, I haven't heard anything though.:(

Good luck revitalizing that area. It's scary driving to/from the game.

RashoFan
02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Damn straight. I go to the one on Culebra/1604.
** NOTE: Places to stalk Johnny Blaze**
1. E-N offices
2. HEB at Culebra/1604
3. SpursTalk GTG
4. ....

:D

Mark in Austin
02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
The 2,178,000 sf on the plan refers to total land area, not retail SF. In the development field, the square feet you reference in the size of a retail center should refer to floor area, not land area.

"1.08 Million SF Shopping Center planned for..." would be the accurate way to describe this.

More details:

The site plan shows an Academy, but last I heard Academy is looking for spaces bigger than the 52k shown on the plan.

It also has a Wal-Mart footprint next to the Costco, but it is an outdated Wal-Mart footprint. And Wal-Mart rarely locates next to a Costco, as they are direct competitors with Sam's Club.

The HEB shown is not a PLUS! model. And they don't show the HEB gas station, which HEB insists on having on all their sites unless it is specifically deed restricted against.

The plan is dated November 2004 and is very conceptual (and amateur) in nature. - Probably less than a day was spent on it. This is no more then the developer's wet dream - likely there are no agreements in place with these retailers and this is speculative zoning. If there are agreements in place, there is also an updated plan that should accurately reflect the site design requirements of the retailers.

Buddy Holly
02-07-2007, 11:55 PM
There was a meeting tonight with Sonoma residents and the developers.

So more info will be known by tomorrow.

Mark in Austin
02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Some developers like to talk big but don't have anything concrete. All hat, no cattle.

If this is the site plan they are using, they don't have deals in place.

Buddy Holly
02-08-2007, 12:21 AM
We'll see what is planned tomorrow, or maybe late tonight.

johnsmith
02-08-2007, 11:27 AM

Wasn't the AT&T Center itself supposed to revitalize the area? All it did was add a big as building right in the middle of a shitty part of town.