PDA

View Full Version : Beno vs. Vaughn official thread

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I think there will be_no surprise trades anymore. We are stuck with Beno and Vaughn as backup PGs. Who do you like?

At this point I think Beno embarrasses the SPurs organization, Vaughn just makes bad plays. who would you play?

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Mateen Cleaves.

johnpaulwall21
02-07-2007, 08:18 PM
well i would put in chumphumper and calll it a day......... :wakeup

Fillmoe
02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Mateen Cleaves.

best towel waiver in the history of the game..... turiaf is a close second

AFBlue
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't count out a trade....mostly because I'm praying to God the Spurs FO doesn't count one out. This should be a priority....

:rollin @ Vaughn with that crazy lane-driving with 20 seconds on the shot clock when both Tim and Manu were on the floor.

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 08:40 PM
All I'm gonna say is Vaughn does not look like a deer in front of head lights. He can at least handle the ball. Yes, he will overdribble, yes he will make a bad pass, yes he will hesitate on an open shot, yes he will make a dumb defensive play. But at least he doesnt have that deer in headlights look.

mardigan
02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
God Shammgod

dg7md
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I trust Vaughn a lot more, especially in the playoffs.

Spurs Brazil
02-07-2007, 09:06 PM
I think Beno sucks more on practices than in games.

This season, everytime the Spurs have some days to practice is Vaughn the 2nd PG and Beno the 3rd

Tek_XX
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Beno is the better point guard but you wouldn't know it by the way he plays

mavs>spurs2
02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Beno Udrih is so bad he looks shaky bringing the ball upcourt with no one even on him. A point guard that can't dribble.....or play defense doesn't really have a place on a championship contending team.

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I'd play Vaughn unfortunately. Beno is more talented but just can't get it together it seems.

angel_luv
02-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I want both guys to have great games and be strong help for the team. I'm rooting for them both to succeed with us- for Beno the most, of course. :)

baseline bum
02-07-2007, 10:01 PM
If I had a turd in one hand and a fistful of puke in the other, would I really be able to say one side is better?

mavs>spurs2
02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
^ :lmao that just about sums it up.

~Sweetmelody~
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
If I had a turd in one hand and a fistful of puke in the other, would I really be able to say one side is better?

:spless:

ploto
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I'd take the puke- which one is that?

cheguevara
02-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm guessing Vaughn is a dry turd and Beno is a fistful of puke after a night of tequila. I'd take the turd.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM
We've come to far not to sign Mateen Cleaves.

timvp
02-07-2007, 10:12 PM
We've come to far not to sign Mateen Cleaves.

Mateen Cleaves is the love child of Beno and Vaughn -- a fat point guard who can't shoot, play defense or bring up the ball when pressured.

timvp
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
To answer this thread, you have to go with Vaughn. He sucks but Beno is on a whole 'nother level of suckage.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't want Mateen, I just wanted to use his line.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't want Mateen, I just wanted to use his line.

do you even have a take on this subject? i didn't think so. actually, when do you have a take on anything? grow some balls and take a stance for once. shit.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 10:19 PM
My stance on this subject is well known, stretch. That you didn't get it is no surprise.

timvp
02-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Aaron Miles, Andre Barrett, Will Conroy > Beno or Vaughn

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
My stance on this subject is well known, stretch. That you didn't get it is no surprise.

what is your take? do you have a hard line stance on anything? i didn't think so.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 10:25 PM
what is your take? do you have a hard line stance on anything? i didn't think so.Do a search and blow me.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Do a search and blow me.

exactly.. good point chumpdump.

ChumpDumper
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Exactly. Why would you start reading other people's posts now?

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
exactly.. good point chumpdump.

Why are you so disgruntled tonight?
Didn't get any ...

pie?

joeyjfive
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM

hahahaha, couldnt put it any better. great post. but seriously i'd take vaughn

mavs>spurs2
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Yea chump u gonna take that?

Please_dont_ban_me
02-07-2007, 10:51 PM
What a lovely choice.

I'd have to go with Beno. Vaughn is a vet, but he makes dumb decisions and overall sucks. Not saying Beno doesn't suck. But I think he sucks just a little less than Vaughn. Who knows, maybe he starts hitting open shots like he's supposed. Honest to god stick me on the Spurs and I could shoot a higher % than him. Good lord.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Where's that little guy we had last year or the year before. Can't remember his name I've been drinking, but he was like 5'10 and also played for the Cavs in recent years. Fuck, it's on the tip of my tongue!

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Where's that little guy we had last year or the year before. Can't remember his name I've been drinking, but he was like 5'10 and also played for the Cavs in recent years. Fuck, it's on the tip of my tongue!

Mike Wilks

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Mike Wilks
Yeah, that guy. Where is he now? Anyone know? He's no saviour, but he can't possibly play worse than these shrunken sacs posing as NBA players.

Extra Stout
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Rick Santorum > Beno Udrih

Extra Stout
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
The thing that left-wing activists named after Rick Santorum > Beno Udrih.

RC's Boss
He was in the NBDL commercial a couple years back about his dream coming true. Chris Anderson was in their too snorting blow!

timvp
Yeah, that guy. Where is he now? Anyone know? He's no saviour, but he can't possibly play worse than these shrunken sacs posing as NBA players.

On Seattle.

I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs.

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
On Seattle.

I wouldn't mind him on the Spurs.
Ain't that a bitch. Okay, someone has to need a PG somewhere. We can't be the only team w/ out a backup PG. Just dump him for someone. I really don't think he will ever get back in Pop's regular rotation. he needs a fresh start and the fans need a cure for the strokes he's given us.

nkdlunch
02-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Ain't that a bitch. Okay, someone has to need a PG somewhere. We can't be the only team w/ out a backup PG. Just dump him for someone. I really don't think he will ever get back in Pop's regular rotation. he needs a fresh start and the fans need a cure for the strokes he's given us.

unfortunately, even a bad-to-mediocre NBA team has a better backup PG than us.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-07-2007, 11:31 PM

How does dumping your back-up PG solve your need for a backup PG?

It just makes an already bad situation even worse. Something > Nothing

RC's Boss
02-07-2007, 11:32 PM
unfortunately, even a bad-to-mediocre NBA team has a better backup PG than us.
:yield

baseline bum
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Something > Nothing?

Not so fast... we all know Beno contributes Nothing, as does Vaughn. If your Something is Nothing, than Something > Nothing leads to the ridiculous contradiction of Nothing > Nothing, an obvious falsehood for any linear ordering.

ploto
02-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Just for fun I thought I would let you guys know that tonight both Raptors PG's had double doubles. :spin

zeleni
02-08-2007, 05:23 AM
again a dilema:

Slovenian versus a black mediocre NBA player.

We all know the end. Slovenian goes away and flourishes, American disappears in obscurity. Can somebody explain to me why is this a good topic to reason?

BgT
02-08-2007, 05:34 AM
They are both bad at the moment.

BgT
02-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Just for fun I thought I would let you guys know that tonight both Raptors PG's had double doubles. :spin
11 assists TJ Ford, 11 assists Calderon, yeah. The way TJ runs the game (when he is healthy (he is currently coming of an injury) no player on Spurs team can.

mountainballer
02-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Aaron Miles, Andre Barrett, Will Conroy > Beno or Vaughn

don't know about Miles contract situation with Pau, but if he has an opt-out clausea he could be signed as a FA, if the Spurs waive a player. (likely Vaughn).
I agree, that right now almost any PG is better than Beno or Vaughn, but I doubt, that a player like Miles would be very helpfull right away, it might be more of an option for the back-up of the future.

Bruno
02-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Vaughn if Spurs don't do a trade before the trade deadline.

Beno has had a fair opportunity this year and has failled. Playoffs are now in 30 games and Spurs need to have a reliable backup PG for them : Pop should now give playtime to Vaughn to improve the chemistry with other players and to give him some confidence. Vaughn will never be a good backup PG but he will be solid and won't hurt the team : Vaughn as backup PG won't be a disaster.

I really like Beno and I hope he will find his place somewhere (even it's not in nba). The best thing for him now is likely to be traded to a bad team where he will get a lot of playtime despites his mistakes. The best thing for Spurs is too to trade him (even for garbage) at the trade dealine or this summer to free a roster spot/money for working with another young PG.

mountainballer
02-08-2007, 07:49 AM
The best thing for Spurs is too to trade him (even for garbage) at the trade dealine or this summer to free a roster spot/money for working with another young PG.

I wonder if the Cavs would trade Pavlovic for Beno. Pavlovic got more minutes in the last games and played well, but it will be just a matter of time till he's back in Mike Brown's doghouse IMO. Sasha's career with the Cavs is similar to Beno's with the Spurs. maybe both would find a better chance to flourish at the other team.
one thing for sure: Spurs need a SF and Cavs need a PG. swaping the underachiever could be a move with upside for both teams.
currently Sasha's trade value might be a bit higher, could be balanced by adding a 2nd rounder.

zeleni
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
I wonder if the Cavs would trade Pavlovic for Beno. Pavlovic got more minutes in the last games and played well, but it will be just a matter of time till he's back in Mike Brown's doghouse IMO. Sasha's career with the Cavs is similar to Beno's with the Spurs. maybe both would find a better chance to flourish at the other team.
one thing for sure: Spurs need a SF and Cavs need a PG. swaping the underachiever could be a move with upside for both teams.
currently Sasha's trade value might be a bit higher, could be balanced by adding a 2nd rounder.

agree... do it! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

bigdog
02-08-2007, 02:36 PM
pavlovic isnt a point guard. and to answer this thread, i would take vaughn over beno any day. beno has been given many many opporitunities, and he fails to impress. when he was drafted,i thought "hey this could be a great guy for this team".and what has he turned out to be? a piece of shit. vaughn might not be the best shooter, but at least hes not scared and he knows how to run an offense,unlike beno,who jacks up shots as soon as he sees a pick for him. Vaughn over beno.period.

Texas_Ranger
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
They both suck. I'd trade them.

LEONARD
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
TD's merkin should be the backup PG...