PDA

View Full Version : DC media LOVES the Spurs

washingtonwizard
02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
good game Spurs! eventhough the Wiz came out to lose the game from the beginning, you cannot beleive the praise from the DC media. They love the Spurs and would pretty much trade everyone on the WIz except for Gil for all the Spurs players. The Spurs 3 bigs killed us tonight one at a time, like clockwork.

It really hurts especially because Manu comes off the bench, like an assasin. We really thought we had a chance to start the 4th quarter.

then Manu came with 11 straight points I think! wow.

I've been around the country and seen hate toward the Spurs especially from local media, but not from DC. We have a decent media and they appreciate good ball.

SequSpur
02-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Manu does show up occasionally and actually contributes.

~Sweetmelody~
02-07-2007, 10:08 PM

:frying:

NorCal510
02-07-2007, 10:12 PM
there are some gangsters in DC

Kori Ellis
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
good game Spurs! eventhough the Wiz came out to lose the game from the beginning, you cannot beleive the praise from the DC media. They love the Spurs and would pretty much trade everyone on the WIz except for Gil for all the Spurs players. The Spurs 3 bigs killed us tonight one at a time, like clockwork.

It really hurts especially because Manu comes off the bench, like an assasin. We really thought we had a chance to start the 4th quarter.

then Manu came with 11 straight points I think! wow.

I've been around the country and seen hate toward the Spurs especially from local media, but not from DC. We have a decent media and they appreciate good ball.

Nice post. Welcome to the forum.

timvp
02-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Wizards fans must think the Spurs are the 72-10 Bulls. But the truth is the Spurs have played probably their two best games of the year against Washington.

Parker can defend Arenas well, Bowen can shut down Butler and that pretty much ends the game.

washingtonwizard
02-07-2007, 10:19 PM
BTW Suns and Mavs blew us out here too. Media here has also praised them. Mavs, Suns, Spurs are the envy of the NBA. may the best win it all.

milkyway21
02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
thank you, thank you :lol

Manu_The _Best
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
110-83 says it all! Manu was the man in the 4th. I watch the Spurs via my NBA League Pass, and very often they show the games away through the local media - I have to say NOT only the DC media says good things about us - most of the opponents say good things - the last time Boston was very favorable to us as well (I happened to see the game LIVE)...Props to Elson today, who showed SOLID performance in the starting position - FINALLY the bench showed up!!! I would say - THE BEST "W" of the season came out today - we beat the TOP, 2nd team in the Eastern Conference, which lost only few times at home this year, beat Dallas at home as well, and the Suns away...Props to everyone, Finley had a good night, BUT, AS I SAID, the BEST OF surprises was Elson at the starting center - good performance by him! The BIG 3 played well, especially Manu in the 4th as hitting 3 consecutive 3s and kind of nailing the Wizards down for good [as they were able to cut the deficit to 11]...GIVE OUR "OLD DONKEYS" 5 DAYS REST AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT THEY COULD DO!!! Hahahaha...If the Spurs have 5 days between every game, they could very well finish 82-00, hohohohoho...I hope we build on that "W" for good and win the NEXT 4 on the Road - this could be something, eh???!!! Orlando is "in the bag" for sure...Miami will be the REAL TEST thereafter...with Shaq and Wade they are 5-0 in the last 5... :smokin :smokin

LET'S GO SPURS!!!
Beno is finished (didn't play today as a backup...) :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

washingtonwizard
02-07-2007, 11:42 PM
FYI,

"48 minute beating, thurough ass kicking. If you gonna get beat like that, best be by the class of the league." -Eddie Jordan

"That's where we wanna be. Defensively and overall like the Spurs." -Caron Butler

MI21
02-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I like the Wizards.

Gilbert is one of my very favourite players. I've always liked AD and I love how they managed to trade Kwame Brown for an All-Star :lol

Big Shot Rob
02-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Classy post by Wiz fan--welcome aboard and thanks for the words.

judaspriestess
02-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Props to DC, its one hell of a city. I love it there.

ShoogarBear
02-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Nice to see the Wiz' response to the loss of one of their Big Three has been to play even less defense.

The Spurs could have gotten any shot they wanted, any time they wanted last night. You know it's bad when you're blowing someone out even though they have a 16-4 FTA lead at the half.

Most exciting moment of the night was when one of the tumblers went too far across the court and crashed into the scorer's table.

Hey, did anyone in here accuse Manu of stat-padding in the fourth? :lol

sghspurs
02-08-2007, 04:27 AM
great posts wizard. Gilbert is a riot and I love watching him play ball.

doldrums
02-08-2007, 06:42 AM
watched the game on league pass, wizards announcers were very gracious towards the Spurs. They also don't whine like other teams' announcers. Yes classy is the word.

Solid D
02-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Welcome washingtonwizard! How did you find out about this site? Have you visited here for a while prior to signing in?

I agree that the Wizards really miss Jamison. Elson comes out matched-up with Jarvis Hayes. The Spurs definitely had the matchup advantage and, in fact, Timmy had some help patrolling the paint because of that.

Taco
02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
FYI,

"48 minute beating, thurough ass kicking. If you gonna get beat like that, best be by the class of the league." -Eddie Jordan

"That's where we wanna be. Defensively and overall like the Spurs." -Caron Butler

Thanks for your post WW :clap

Like Kori said

Welcome to the Forum!!! :downspin:

ArgSpursFan
02-08-2007, 08:49 AM

shup up Manu hater!!
or should I say SJax lover??? :elephant

MoSpur
02-08-2007, 09:59 AM
The Wizzards didn't have anything on the defensive end. I like Caron Butler. Never understood why he's always being traded.

sammy
02-08-2007, 10:16 AM

Are you nuts! He gives his all everytime dumbass! :bang

VaSpursFan
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
living in VA, if i don't drive up for the game, i watch the local DC broadcast on Comcast. Washington Wizard fan is correct, the broadcasters down to the coach and players had nothing but the utmost respect for the spurs. and he's right, DC is a town that appreciates good b-ball from the high school level on up.

DC is a great town. Loved being there as an undergrad...and if the Hoyas can make some noise in the tourney this year, this alum will be proud!

welcome to the board, you get really good b-ball dicussion here.

703 Spurz
02-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Nice to see the Wiz' response to the loss of one of their Big Three has been to play even less defense.

The Spurs could have gotten any shot they wanted, any time they wanted last night. You know it's bad when you're blowing someone out even though they have a 16-4 FTA lead at the half.

Most exciting moment of the night was when one of the tumblers went too far across the court and crashed into the scorer's table.

Hey, did anyone in here accuse Manu of stat-padding in the fourth? :lol

I saw that shit and was thinking, did that guy plan to do that? LOL fucking idiot. Section 220 was pretty sweet. Got the tickets for Xmas. Hell of a game to witness if you're a Spurs fan :lol

703 Spurz
02-08-2007, 10:20 AM
watched the game on league pass, wizards announcers were very gracious towards the Spurs. They also don't whine like other teams' announcers. Yes classy is the word.

Buckhantz and Chenier? Sometimes they get real homer-ific. Especially when we played the Wiz in SA. Most of the night they were bitching about calls going in favor of SA.

I like Buck and Chenier most of the time but they can get a little one sided at times

LilMissSPURfect
02-08-2007, 10:22 AM
FYI,

:toast