PDA

View Full Version : AI's nagging injury may pave way for a Mello All Star appearance

trueD
02-08-2007, 03:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007020707

He [AI] said he might miss the next couple of games because "I don't want this bothering me for the rest of the season. My speed is a big part of my game and when I can't move by people the way I want to I know something is wrong."

Iverson also suggested for the first time that he might have to miss the All-Star game.

"This is more important than the All-Star game," Iverson said. "This means more to me than the All-Star game. I have been there and done that in my career. If I have to (skip it), if that's the right thing for me to do, then that is exactly what I will do. That is something that I haven't thought about because I don't care about that right now. I care about this team right here."

If Iverson backs out of his eighth All-Star appearance, that would give Anthony another crack at making his first All-Star team as one of commissioner David Stern's injury replacement picks.

Stern has said he won't hold Anthony's 15-game suspension for fighting against him when choosing replacements for the Feb. 18 game in Las Vegas.

trueD
02-08-2007, 03:08 AM
P.S. AI played 48 minutes (including O.T.) tonight on his "injured" ankle. The playa is indescructable, so why not go to Vegas? Because, let's face it...it's really just a social thang, no real hardcore competing going on. As for needing rest, HUH? AI?? :)

I like it that he may open up a spot for Mello, kudos Iverson.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-08-2007, 03:19 AM
Gk made a big mistake playing AI that much tonight. He reinjured it late in OT :depressed

The team is in disarray but its still too early to give up this season .

I dont think i even want Melo going to the ASG. The Nuggets need to figure out what is going so wrong for them :smokin

trueD
02-08-2007, 03:27 AM
The ASG could prove to be a huge confidence booster for Mello, and he shouldn't be denied that. Plus, this could solidify the relationship between AI & Mello, should AI backout and Mello is inserted. What harm could come from playing lowkey b-ball in Las Vegas?

Although, Kings did lose Brad Miller for a bunch of games three years ago when he injured his ankle. But Brad is a clutz :lol

sabar
02-08-2007, 03:33 AM
Playing that much on the injury was a mistake. He needs to get healthy instead of prolong his injury. Then Denver can worry about the playoffs. If you try to squeeze in wins on an injured foot it's going to get ugly. And it doesn't help that Denver still lost.

He should rest, pass up the ASG, get Melo some confidence, and start getting wins after the allstar break with Melo hopefully coming off a dominating ASG performance and a healthy ankle for Iverson.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-08-2007, 03:41 AM
Great Points. The ASG could be one less thing on Melo's mind if he gets put in by Stern. AI has said many times that Melo deserved to get in and this is obviously something he is willing to do to give Melo an extra chance to get in.

I dont care if the Nuggs are only .500 by the All Star Break but after that they have to do some serious winning.

This isnt the Nuggets i know, there has to be something going on with the team.

ponky
02-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Gk made a big mistake playing AI that much tonight. He reinjured it late in OT :depressed

The team is in disarray but its still too early to give up this season .

I dont think i even want Melo going to the ASG. The Nuggets need to figure out what is going so wrong for them :smokin

I just got back to Austin from Dallas (Mavs game) so I'm catching up with the other games tonight...damn, that's really too bad about AI in OT...did he leave the game? Looks like he had a good night, 9 assists and a decent fg%.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-08-2007, 04:19 AM
I just got back to Austin from Dallas (Mavs game) so I'm catching up with the other games tonight...damn, that's really too bad about AI in OT...did he leave the game? Looks like he had a good night, 9 assists and a decent fg%.

he played great and all was going well till the Nuggets blew a 10pt lead with 3 minutes to go :lol

There shouldnt have even been an OT and that just made it worse.

He sat out the last minute or so and he just wants to sit out a few more games so he can get back to 100%, he said he felt sore all night and couldnt play effectively.

ponky
02-08-2007, 04:31 AM
he played great and all was going well till the Nuggets blew a 10pt lead with 3 minutes to go :lol

There shouldnt have even been an OT and that just made it worse.

He sat out the last minute or so and he just wants to sit out a few more games so he can get back to 100%, he said he felt sore all night and couldnt play effectively.

It's not like him to sit out just for the hell of it so I think he's probably doing the right thing and just resting up. Nuggets have dropped to the eighth spot, just behind the Clippers. UGH, I have a bet going on and the Nuggets are not coming through right now!!! :madrun :madrun :madrun

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-08-2007, 04:59 AM
It's not like him to sit out just for the hell of it so I think he's probably doing the right thing and just resting up. Nuggets have dropped to the eighth spot, just behind the Clippers. UGH, I have a bet going on and the Nuggets are not coming through right now!!! :madrun :madrun :madrun

Patience is something i have learned alot of as a Nuggets fan :lol

They have until just after the ASG to get into gear and to start winning alot. Its only going to be the 8th or 7th seed for them though, and that means a collision course with the Mavs or the Suns :bang :lol

ponky
02-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Patience is something i have learned alot of as a Nuggets fan :lol

They have until just after the ASG to get into gear and to start winning alot. Its only going to be the 8th or 7th seed for them though, and that means a collision course with the Mavs or the Suns :bang :lol

i think they'll take the 7th seed, clippers aren't that good, nuggets are still adjusting with AI and Melo together, AI's injury didn't help...as long as they make the playoffs, i win my bet!

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-08-2007, 03:10 PM
i think they'll take the 7th seed, clippers aren't that good, nuggets are still adjusting with AI and Melo together, AI's injury didn't help...as long as they make the playoffs, i win my bet!

:smokin They will still make the playoffs but it will be one tough 1st round matchup. It most likely will be against your mavs