PDA

View Full Version : Bonner's Progress?

jn77
02-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Has anyone heard when Matt Bonner might make it back to action? Has he started working out yet? I haven't seen or heard anything yet, but there are alot of eyes and ears on this board so.........

LilMissSPURfect
02-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Has anyone heard when Matt Bonner might make it back to action? Has he started working out yet? I haven't seen or heard anything yet, but there are alot of eyes and ears on this board so.........

WOW...im all for wishing bonner well and the rest of the spurs but whodda thought it last summer? 2 b looking forward to bonner's return!.....things that make u go hmmmmmmm
:toast :toast :toast

johnpaulwall21
02-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Bonner = GOAT :smokin :smokin :elephant

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
the commentators last night said that Bonner was running on the treadmill before the game. It sounds like he is on pace for a return.

AFBlue
02-08-2007, 03:10 PM
the commentators last night said that Bonner was running on the treadmill before the game. It sounds like he is on pace for a return.

Can you be any less difinitive??? I mean, I know you're offering up an update, but "on pace for a return" begs the obvious question...When?

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Can you be any less difinitive??? I mean, I know you're offering up an update, but "on pace for a return" begs the obvious question...When?

The poster Sam should have an update. Hopefully he sees this thread when he's on.

steppy
02-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Bill Schoening stated that the trainer anticipated a return for Bonner after the All Star Break. Supposedly Bonner thinks he'll be ready before ASB.

jn77
02-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I hope it's after the ASB, I'd think the training staff would urge him to take the extra time to rest before returning so he dosen't re-injure himself.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM

sorry I meant "on schedule", and failed to fill in the facts. He was injured on Jan. 13th and was expected to take a month or 6 weeks before returning. The first game after the all-star break is Denver at home which is 5 1/2 weeks. If he's running now, 2 weeks before that game, I think that's "on pace".

boutons_
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
"If he's running now "

he's been running since the day after his injury, I would guess. He hurt his shoulder, not his running equipment.

BigVee
02-08-2007, 03:40 PM
his knee

boutons_
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
ah, right, it Elson's shoulder. I get them mixed up, they look alike.

YoMamaIsCallin
02-08-2007, 04:13 PM
ah, right, it Elson's shoulder. I get them mixed up, they look alike.

Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord, why dont we?
We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in evryone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord why dont we?

Ebony, ivory living in perfect harmony
Ebony, ivory, ooh

We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in evryone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh lord why dont we?

Ebony, ivory living in perfect harmony (repeat and fade)

Sam
02-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Bonner is running on treadmill, riding bike and working out in the pool. He started shooting last week some but just started doing some agilities and minor cuts this week. He's thinking he could be back at the Miami game but Will is telling him to wait to make sure after the all star break. Matt isn't really wanting to though. He's been lifting weights and still working out some. Feb. 22nd is the trade deadline.

Pugglekicker_21
02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
if he comes back before the ASB i know he wont be the bonner before the injury

Sam
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
if he comes back before the ASB i know he wont be the bonner before the injury
No, actually might be better because he has had the time to study film and he has the confidence that he didn't have at the beginning. He's really bonding with the guys now.

dave
02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
when bonner was drafted by toronto, he promised he would get them a championship

that really shows how hard he is willing to work

timvp
02-08-2007, 08:58 PM
What will be interesting to me is what happens when Bonner comes back. One of the bigmen will have to be knocked out of the rotation. Elson is probably safe so it'll come down to one of Oberto, Horry or Bonner not being in the rotation.

If it were up to me, I'd replace Oberto in the current rotation with Bonner.

AFBlue
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
What will be interesting to me is what happens when Bonner comes back. One of the bigmen will have to be knocked out of the rotation. Elson is probably safe so it'll come down to one of Oberto, Horry or Bonner not being in the rotation.

If it were up to me, I'd replace Oberto in the current rotation with Bonner.

Bonner was averaging 17mpg (his highest all season) during the month of Jan before he went down with the injury and some of those minutes were due largely to the back-to-backs in which Horry didn't dress. I think when he comes back from injury he'll have to continue to prove himself before he gets close to 20mpg and a regular spot in the rotation.

Not sure if he's the go-to-guy off the bench or even a regular rotation guy after the injury, but it's an interesting situation to watch....

ShoogarBear
02-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I think John Bunyan has this information.