PDA

View Full Version : Mbenga out for season

mabber
02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Mavericks' Mbenga out for season

Little-used center suffered torn ACL on Wednesday

01:40 PM CST on Thursday, February 8, 2007
From Staff Reports

Mavericks center DJ Mbenga is out for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Mbenga was injured Wednesday during the Mavericks' 113-97 victory over Memhis. He will undergo surgery in the next two weeks, and there is no timetable for his return.

Mbenga has played in 21 games this season, averaging 0.8 points, 0.5 rebounds and 0.24 blocks in 3.8 minutes. The native of Congo is in his third season with the Mavericks.

Mavs will definitely try to pick up another big man prior to the trade deadline now.

LEONARD
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Sucks...you have to like a guy like DJ Moose Daryl Johnston Mbenga...he works his ass off and has raw athletic ability. Usually when he's in it's garbage time and it's funny watching him play...

I knew it was fubar'd last night...he went down in a heap. Been there done that...

Maybe the Spurs would part with Elson?? I hear he's turned things around...

Or Jackie Butler??

:oops

mabber
02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Sucks...you have to like a guy like DJ Moose Daryl Johnston Mbenga...he works his ass off and has raw athletic ability. Usually when he's in it's garbage time and it's funny watching him play...

I knew it was fubar'd last night...he went down in a heap. Been there done that...

Maybe the Spurs would part with Elson?? I hear he's turned things around...

Or Jackie Butler??

:oops

I would think they're going to try to get a big that can back up Dirk some and play some center in a pinch. Probably have to move Croshere to get that person (if he's out there).

cheguevara
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I thought Mbenga was mavs tough man.

would you mavs take Oberto in exchange for Mark Cubans leopard thong?

mabber
02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I thought Mbenga was mavs tough man.

would you mavs take Oberto in exchange for Mark Cubans leopard thong?

Depends...would Cuban have to wash it first?

mavsfan1000
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Shit. The mavs no longer have what it takes to win a championship. There goes their tough big guy.

Flopper
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Who is out for the season?

Dirk Nowitzki
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Chris Wilcox,Zach Randolph,Antonio Mcdyess!! Cuban get one of those because they can be had!! :hungry: :hungry:

mabber
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Shit. The mavs no longer have what it takes to win a championship. There goes their tough big guy.

You're assuming they did in the first place. That's still yet to be determined.

dg7md
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Chris Wilcox,Zach Randolph,Antonio Mcdyess!! Cuban get one of those because they can be had!! :hungry: :hungry:

Randolph is going NOWHERE, he's come into his own this year. He's just about as good as Dirk, but on a much worse team.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Randolph is going NOWHERE, he's come into his own this year. He's just about as good as Dirk, but on a much worse team.
:lol

Flopper
02-08-2007, 07:49 PM

Don't you mean "better" than Dirk, b/c he's on a much worse team. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Free Pops Mensah-Bonsu!

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Pops in Austin next week.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Mavs will definitely try to pick up another big man prior to the trade deadline now.Who would they trade?

Flight3107
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Mensah Bonsu Looms

Bruno
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Mavs are done.
DJ was the best center in the league. They only have now the second best center with Erica.

Holmes_Fans
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I could see the mavs signing a couch sitting center. Same situation as with Adrian Griffin, but a much lesser role.

ponky
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Free Pops Mensah-Bonsu!

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing Pops in Austin next week.

dang, and i was going to go to that game!

dirk4mvp
02-08-2007, 11:15 PM

:lol :lol

good one

mabber
02-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Who would they trade?

What a couple of the local Mav beat writers are saying is that Croshere might be on the move. I'm not sure if that 30 pt game he had last week helped him (It couldn't hurt). Of course he came back and scored a big zero the next game. There has been talk of Anthony Johnson being shopped as well. This was all prior to Mbenga's injury. Mbenga wasn't going to see minutes in the playoffs anyway. Dirk would play center if needed before Avery would play Mbenga in a tight playoff game.

AFBlue
02-09-2007, 09:43 AM
The Mavs shouldn't make a trade because their third string center (averaging 4mpg in 20 games this year) went down with injury. Who could they get, with what asset, and how much would that player be playing in return? It's not feasible.

mabber
02-09-2007, 09:53 AM
The Mavs shouldn't make a trade because their third string center (averaging 4mpg in 20 games this year) went down with injury. Who could they get, with what asset, and how much would that player be playing in return? It's not feasible.

There has been talk about the Mavs looking for another big prior to the Mbenga injury. Thus far, I don't think they're all that excited about what Croshere has given them. They're getting exactly what they wanted & more (George) out of George & Buckner so 2 out of 4 ain't too bad I guess.

AFBlue
02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
There has been talk about the Mavs looking for another big prior to the Mbenga injury. Thus far, I don't think they're all that excited about what Croshere has given them. They're getting exactly what they wanted & more (George) out of George & Buckner so 2 out of 4 ain't too bad I guess.

George was a GREAT pickup for the Mavs (low cost, versatile, and prodcutive). Buckner has been decent, but his long-term cost is prohibitive...still if he helps the Mavs out, he'll be worth it at least this year.

How much does Croshere make and is his contract expiring?