PDA

View Full Version : The Pop Show 2/8/07

Solid D
02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
On ticket760.com next

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Pop said that they have decided to give JV the backup point guard spot because he brings leadership, steadiness, defense etc.

He said that they decided to go with Elson as a starter to see where he is at because they liked where he was before he got hurt and want to see what he can do with extended minutes, etc.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Bonner is coming along much more quickly than Pop thought. He went one-on-one today and they think he might be back on the floor before the end of the road trip. Pop also said that he thinks he may be a Spur for a long, long time.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Pop said it stinks that Brent Barry didn't get invited to the 3-point contest. He called it Baloney and said Brent deserves to be there.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Earlier in the show, he said that during these days in practice it was a refresher course in the basics. Defensively working on rotations, individual D, transition D. Offensively working on execution, cutting, setting picks, etc.

Mr. Body
02-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Bonner is coming along much more quickly than Pop thought. He went one-on-one today and they think he might be back on the floor before the end of the road trip. Pop also said that he thinks he may be a Spur for a long, long time.

Boy, will he be disappointed when he sees his contract.

That said, that's a pretty clear indication that Bonner won't get traded.

ThomasGranger
02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Boy, will he be disappointed when he sees his contract.

I hear he lives on a shoestring budget anyway.

Solid D
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Pop also said that the players respond real well to Jacque Vaughn. He's a very vocal player, calls out plays, moves the players around where they are supposed to be. Jacque gives them a vocal leader very much like what Avery Johnson did for the Spurs. They are very similar.

cheguevara
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Pop said it stinks that Brent Barry didn't get invited to the 3-point contest. He called it Baloney and said Brent deserves to be there.

All star 3pt contest:
Gilbert Arenas .373
Damon Jones .397
Jason Kapono .559
Mike Miller .430
Dirk Nowitzki .426
Jason Terry .419

Brent Barry .496

what the fuck? NBA sucks

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Ha ha, Walter asked a question about John Amaechi coming out with his book and announcement about being gay. And Pop said that he doesn't care and doesn't understand why it's a big enough deal to write a book about.

By the way - Walter called him Don Ameche (actor).

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:50 PM
No one is calling in to the show :lol

Solid D
02-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Pop also said he just hopes that he and Walter aren't mentioned in Amaechi's book.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Now he's talking about Dwight Howard and how awesome he is. He's saying he might be the best rebounder in the league. He's giving the other Magic players props and saying it sucks that Grant Hill got injured (again).

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
A caller asked him about Durant (Texas) he said he didn't want to comment because he doesn't see much of college players.

They asked him about Tony's A-S selection. Pop said he's very deserving, improving his decision making, shooting, free throw shooting, leadership, etc every year. And that they are thrilled for him.

timvp

Nice.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
Show is over now.

There wasn't much of substance outside saying Bonner should be a Spur for a long, long time.

SpursFanFirst
02-08-2007, 05:59 PM
That's great news about Bonner!

Solid D
02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
By the way - Walter called him Don Ameche (actor).

Who's Don Ameche? :angel :p:

SequSpur
02-08-2007, 06:08 PM
A caller asked him about Durant (Texas) he said he didn't want to comment because he doesn't see much of college players.

They asked him about Tony's A-S selection. Pop said he's very deserving, improving his decision making, shooting, free throw shooting, leadership, etc every year. And that they are thrilled for him.

now we know why they can't draft shit.

Mr. Body
02-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Who's Don Ameche? :angel :p:

Seen Trading Places? He's one of the evil older brothers.

Mr. Body
02-08-2007, 06:14 PM
now we know why they can't draft shit.

Seriously. Someone should introduce them to the college game. It sounds like they're just not interested. :rolleyes

Solid D
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
What Kori didn't say in her summary was that seeing college players are the job of RC, Sam and Dell. Pop said he hardly sees those guys because they are out doing their jobs evaluating talent, including college talent. Pop also said the league doesn't like them commenting on college players.

timvp
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Seriously. Someone should introduce them to the college game. It sounds like they're just not interested. :rolleyes
Another draft-n-stash coming up.

:hat

Southwest Texas Fan
02-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Kori I remember reading it somewhere but didn’t the FO get a coach or a scout to help them draft college players. I believe it was mentioned here on spurstalk.

Trainwreck2100
02-08-2007, 06:17 PM

The one who got a boner in Cacoon?

Solid D
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM

I was digging at Kori because I didn't want to show how old "we" are.

ShoogarBear
02-08-2007, 06:20 PM
A caller asked him about Durant (Texas) he said he didn't want to comment because he doesn't see much of college players.:wtf I hope that's just CIA.

Speaking of Vaughn, the dude's jumper is an instant fast break going the other way. WTF was up with that airball he shot last night that was three feet short of the basket?

ShoogarBear
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
By the way - Walter called him Don Ameche (actor).What a cornball joke. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
02-08-2007, 06:27 PM
:wtf I hope that's just CIA.

He said that's more of something for RC or the scouts to comment on and that he doesn't watch enough college basketball to want to make comments on it. But he did say that he thinks players should stay in school, not come out early and all that.

Solid D
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about the Spurs college talent evaluation. You can look at their past and expect more of the same if you wish...but...this year is a new year and George Felton was hired to bolster the college player eval. The Spurs haven't really had a Director of College Player Personnel...at least not in a long time. This year they have one...so we should probably watch to see if anything changes in the draft and post-draft Free Agency this year.

Spurs Brazil
02-08-2007, 06:30 PM

Great news

Bruno
02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the summary.

It looks like Vaugh will be the backup PG for more than few games and that Beno is done in SA. I will be curious to see what Spurs FO will do with Beno.

Carlessimo has too said that Spurs want to re-sign Bonner, Spurs have all the cards to do that : Bonner will be restricted and Spurs will have full bird rights on him. It means too that Scola with a Spurs jersey is less and less likely : I hope that Spurs will get something good for his rights.

1Parker1
02-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Vaughn sucks, I don't know what Pop is :smokin comparing him to AJ.

I guess though anyone is better compared to Beno.

tmtcsc
02-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the summary.

It looks like Vaugh will be the backup PG for more than few games and that Beno is done in SA. I will be curious to see what Spurs FO will do with Beno.

Carlessimo has too said that Spurs want to re-sign Bonner, Spurs have all the cards to do that : Bonner will be restricted and Spurs will have full bird rights on him. It means too that Scola with a Spurs jersey is less and less likely : I hope that Spurs will get something good for his rights.

Hey Bruno, my comments have nothing to do with you and everything to do with your avatar....That is the gayest picture of Beno I have ever seen. That includes the one with him carrying the man-purse...Wow. Was that taken for Teen Beat magazine ? If he just spent more time playing basketball and less time .. ah nevermind

Cant_Be_Faded
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Why does the Spurs organization go out of their way to avoid college players?

Marcus Bryant
02-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Let's see....

France
The Netherlands
Slovenia
Argentina
Ukraine
Georgia
Lithuania

How about Bangladesh?

Bruno
02-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey Bruno, my comments have nothing to do with you and everything to do with your avatar....That is the gayest picture of Beno I have ever seen.

:wtf
It's not gay, Beno is just so cute and you can't blame him for that :

http://beno-udrih.atspace.com/images/otherpics/op1.jpg

Budkin
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
We need to dump Beno AND Vaughn. Both of them are fucking terrible.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
vaughan may be terrible but its nice to see someone on the spurs be vocal about something even if they dont play well enough to back up being in charge on the floor.

VaSpursFan
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
We need to dump Beno AND Vaughn. Both of them are fucking terrible.

beno = waste, JV = capable waste with no jump shot

ShoogarBear
02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
JV the backup point guardQuoted for truth.

conversekid
02-08-2007, 11:06 PM
It's not gay, Beno is just so cute and you can't blame him for that

He looks like john boy.

pjjrfan
02-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Pop also said he just hopes that he and Walter aren't mentioned in Amaechi's book.
:lmao :lmao :lmao