PDA

View Full Version : What QB has the new "Peyton Manning" pressure to win a super bowl?

SoCalSpursFan
02-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Donovan McNabb or Steve McNair?

Others?

dirk4mvp
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Grossman

johnsmith
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Donovan McNabb or Steve McNair?

Others?

Good question.

I think you gotta go with McNabb.

Pugglekicker_21
02-08-2007, 06:25 PM
mcnabb because mcnair its too late for him and manning the younger is still too young to have that pressure but after the 07 season it will really start for him so that leaves mcnabb as the one because hes an all pro whos becoming injury prone.

mardigan
02-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Vick

stretch
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM
McNabb, because hes labeled as a choker, like Manning used to be.

loveThe23
02-09-2007, 09:30 AM
rex grossman.

Extra Stout
02-09-2007, 03:02 PM
rex grossman.
Rex Grossman does not have pressure to validate his Hall of Fame career with a Super Bowl victory. Rex Grossman has pressure to validate his having an NFL career in the first place.

johnsmith
02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
mcnabb isn't nearly as good as manning..i'm not sure any qb in the league could be compared favorably with him

While I agree, what does this have to do with who now has pressure to win a super bowl?

T-Pain
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Vick or Romo

johnsmith
02-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Vick or Romo

The Payton Manning type of pressure comes from being an elite quarterback in the NFL and playing at a level that no one else really does while still not managing to win a super bowl.

No one is accusing of Vick or Romo of playing at a level that much higher then any other quarterback in the league so I don't think the pressure is any worse on them then it is on say............Chad Pennington.

Originally I thought McNabb would have it, but no one really "expects" him to win a super bowl like we all did with Marino, Manning, etc.

I now think that no one has the pressure, however, if the Carson Palmers and Drew Brees of the world continue to play at the level they do now and still not win one, they could have it in another few years.

Pugglekicker_21
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
i think if the bengals can bail out their players and grow some balls on D they'll contend as long as Carson stays upright

Fillmoe
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
vick

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
daunte cullpeper

johnsmith
02-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Who really expects Vick or Culpepper to win a Super Bowl?

P-O-Z
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Who really expects Vick or Culpepper to win a Super Bowl?
if daunte plays like in his prime we have a shot not next year though im givin my dolphins semis and out

johnsmith
02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
if daunte plays like in his prime we have a shot not next year though im givin my dolphins semis and out

I want to believe that the Dolphins will be good next year, but I got baited into that one at the beginning of this season already.

I don't see Culpepper ever playing like his prime again..........then again, I didn't see Jeff Garcia play this season coming either.

NorCal510
02-09-2007, 06:54 PM
niners boyyyy

The Instigator
02-09-2007, 06:54 PM
no one has the same pressure but if i had to pic one person is CARR lmao

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Romo...since he's had the latest choke job of any QB

J.T.
02-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Romo choked as a HOLDER not as QB. It is a different position. Get your facts right.

Oh and for what it's worth, Eli Manning is never going to be Super Bowl material. I am almost convinced he was adopted into the Manning family. Either that or Peyton is just so good it makes Eli look horrible.

RealEstateDude
02-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Carson Palmer

McChoke

McNair actually has a shot with the Ravens, man what a waste of a #1 defense...

CarmeloNumeroUno
02-16-2007, 10:03 PM
McNabb!
Awsome seasons---->playoff runs------>DIVION TITLE GAMES-----> Comes up short every time

dirk4mvp
02-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Vince young

just beacause you think he's jesus doesn't mean he has that pressure.

Marklar MM
02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I would probably say McNabb. Aren't really any other quarterbacks that are there every year and fail.

McNair almost won the superbowl but came up a yard short.

Rex Grossman should go shoot himself in the foot.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Rex Grossman should go shoot himself in the foot.What do you mean "should"? He's the MASTER of it.

MajorMike
02-20-2007, 12:52 PM
The Payton Manning type of pressure comes from being an elite quarterback in the NFL and playing at a level that no one else really does while still not managing to win a super bowl.

No one is accusing of Vick or Romo of playing at a level that much higher then any other quarterback in the league so I don't think the pressure is any worse on them then it is on say............Chad Pennington.

Originally I thought McNabb would have it, but no one really "expects" him to win a super bowl like we all did with Marino, Manning, etc.

I now think that no one has the pressure, however, if the Carson Palmers and Drew Brees of the world continue to play at the level they do now and still not win one, they could have it in another few years.

I agree with this. The pressure on Peyton was that he was widely perceived as being the next best ever' type of guy. A no-brainer HOF guy. We have seen and heard the arguement before about Marino, therefore there was even more pressure for Peyton since it was mainly Marino's records he was breaking.

Right now I see no QB in the NFL that will ever be placed in this high realm. even some of the 1st rounders are nice QBs, but none is seen as the franchise savior or the next Marino/Montana.

Usually, the best of all time have Rings. After Marino, the next best example would be Barry. The only player I can see right now maybe in the category would be Urlacher. Possibly LT in a few years. I don't see another player right now reaching that status. You could argue TO, but he pisses people off so much they don't care unless he's on their team.

sa_butta
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I say Mcnabb, Im sure the Philly fans are already frustrated with him. Rex Grossman is still young for that kind of pressure. Mcnabb is just getting older.

AFBlue
02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
I'll go Vick...

Ever since his first day in the league he's been touted as the "next step" in the evolution as a quarterback. He has all the tools (mobility, vision, strong arm) to make a great QB, but has fallen short of expectations. His team will need to rebound from a so-so year, but I think if he ever figures out how to manage his unbelievable skill he could be the best QB in the league. He has to carry his team to victory and until he does, he'll have that pressure of never winning big when he had all the tools.