PDA

View Full Version : Not worried about the Mavs

SpursInSevenIn07
02-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Anyone here ever get the feeling the spurs aren't worried about the mavericks? Which is why i think everyone here should stop arguing back and forth. Neither team has the championship, we're bringing it back this year. It's too bad the mavs only have one true star while we have three. Yeah josh howard hits some clutch shots now and then, jason terry does also, but those shots don't always fall in the playoffs in a 7 game series. Tim Duncan finals mvp 2007

SequSpur
02-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I am not worried about anything.

mavsfan1000
02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Anyone here ever get the feeling the spurs aren't worried about the mavericks? Which is why i think everyone here should stop arguing back and forth. Neither team has the championship, we're bringing it back this year. It's too bad the mavs only have one true star while we have three. Yeah josh howard hits some clutch shots now and then, jason terry does also, but those shots don't always fall in the playoffs in a 7 game series. Tim Duncan finals mvp 2007
Too bad the spurs don't have a supporting cast after their top 3 players like the mavs do.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2007, 07:57 PM
The Mavs lost Mbenga. Their secret weapon is gone.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-08-2007, 07:59 PM

:drunk :drunk :drunk We beat you last year in a 7 game series and we are an even better team this year while you simply are not. I hope to God that we play you guys in the postseason again because not only do I like our chances of winning the series again, but I feel we are going to HUMILATE the spurs the same kind of way the Lakers did in 2001. After this year that so called "even match" talk will come to an end. However, if you guys manage to pull some quality trades off before the 22nd, that could totally change my opinion. But chances of that happening............ :flypig

timvp
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Forgot To Watch The 2006 Playoffs Forum.

kalikot_boy_kr
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
hahaha! funny mavs, no trades! no at all! Spurs team is more than enough.........period...

Trainwreck2100
02-08-2007, 08:04 PM
The Mavs lost Mbenga. Their secret weapon is gone.

He was the heart of that team. Now who will give out the gatorade, let's see how good the Mavs are, when forced to play thirsty http://boards1.wizards.com/images/smilies/evillaugh.gif

kalikot_boy_kr
02-08-2007, 08:04 PM
and....ask jerry stockhouse and jason terry WHY.......

Dirk Nowitzki
02-08-2007, 08:05 PM
and....ask jerry stockhouse and jason terry WHY.......

:blah :blah :blah

SpursInSevenIn07
02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
:drunk :drunk :drunk We beat you last year in a 7 game series and we are an even better team this year while you simply are not. I hope to God that we play you guys in the postseason again because not only do I like our chances of winning the series again, but I feel we are going to HUMILATE the spurs the same kind of way the Lakers did in 2001. After this year that so called "even match" talk will come to an end. However, if you guys manage to pull some quality trades off before the 22nd, that could totally change my opinion. But chances of that happening............ :flypig

here is why we are not worried: dallas lost in the finals plain and simple. if you win the finals 2006, THEN we have reason to feel threatened by a legit nba champion. for some odd reason the entire nba world has decided to overlook the finals loss, i don't know why. coming out with a killer regular season the following year doesn't mean jack sh*t. it never has in the past for anyone else and that isn't any different this year. its like pistons losing finals 2005 and then running everyone over the following regular season, didn't amount to much in the long run.

besides, all we have to do is score one more bucket than we did last year. not too hard to do.

kalikot_boy_kr
02-08-2007, 08:11 PM
another one...........bla bla bla! spurs are old..bla bla bla spurs need athliticism..bla bla bla spurs need young..blabla bla bla!!! yet they are afraid to play the spurs this coming may...hehehehhe,.....im tired of this.... Go spurs Go!

kalikot_boy_kr
02-08-2007, 08:19 PM
The miami heat win 2006 against the "THE LAST" MAVERICS" while this maverics are called "young & athletics" (hahahaha!) & miami got oneal who is more than 30 yrs old.+ alonzo+ PAYTON+walker+posey+haslem+ bla bla bla! hey make up your mind you mavs fan! hahhahahha! :elephant

DubMcDub
02-08-2007, 08:19 PM
here is why we are not worried: dallas lost in the finals plain and simple. if you win the finals 2006, THEN we have reason to feel threatened by a legit nba champion. for some odd reason the entire nba world has decided to overlook the finals loss, i don't know why. coming out with a killer regular season the following year doesn't mean jack sh*t. it never has in the past for anyone else and that isn't any different this year. its like pistons losing finals 2005 and then running everyone over the following regular season, didn't amount to much in the long run.

besides, all we have to do is score one more bucket than we did last year. not too hard to do.

What in the world does whether or not the Mavs won the Finals against a 3rd team have to do with this year's matchup(s) between the Mavs and the Spurs?

If anything, the Mavs losing the Finals would make them more dangerous to the Spurs, as now they are angrier and will be less complacent than if they already had a title under their belts.

As for your analogy to the Pistons, no dice. The Pistons had the same players but a new coach, and they were poorly coached in the playoffs. The Mavericks have one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the NBA. Terrible comparison.

kalikot_boy_kr
02-08-2007, 08:21 PM
the answer is: STILL THE SPURS IS DANGEROUS.....DANGEROUS.......DANGEROUS...

Dirk Nowitzki
02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
What in the world does whether or not the Mavs won the Finals against a 3rd team have to do with this year's matchup(s) between the Mavs and the Spurs?

If anything, the Mavs losing the Finals would make them more dangerous to the Spurs, as now they are angrier and will be less complacent than if they already had a title under their belts.

As for your analogy to the Pistons, no dice. The Pistons had the same players but a new coach, and they were poorly coached in the playoffs. The Mavericks have one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the NBA. Terrible comparison.

Hey you dont know what you are talking about. Spurs 3 Mavs 0. Spurs have the big 3 and know how to handle adversity! :drunk :drunk :drunk :downspin: :lol

Marcus Bryant
02-08-2007, 08:30 PM
http://www.eurobasket.lt/images/players/photos/Dial_Derrick.jpg

FEAR

SpursInSevenIn07
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM

It has everything to do with it. Just an indicator that the Mavs are not for real, despite NBA commentators' constant ignoring of the Finals loss. It's funny actually. The Mavs have not really improved since last year. They added Devean George, but that player has not won anything since 2002.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM

What was the record of the Heat last year when they beat you for the Title?

Regular season glory does not necessarily translate into post-season success.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
if the spurs are losing close games this year due to "old age" and were losing almost all of the close games against the mavs in the playoffs last year, there is no reason to think our fortunes would change against them this year.

I just hope the mavs slow down and we hit our peak come may or else the mavs will finish us off in 5

RC's Boss
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
we shall

TheMulvany
02-08-2007, 09:52 PM
The Spurs arent good enough to have to worry about the Mavs. They need to worry about the Jazz, Lakers, and Rockets right now.

ponky
02-08-2007, 09:55 PM

spurs weren't written off during the in-between seasonS when they got bumped in the playoffs and failed to secure BTB championships, people didn't just say that they were no longer any good. there is no reason to believe that the mavs can't repeat and do better or that they at least won't *choke*...best records might not mean shit but while you're busy mentioning the pistons, don't forget to mention the teams that have had best records and gone on to win championships

for the record, i don't see why any team should be *worried* about any other team

Amarelooms
02-08-2007, 10:00 PM
spurs weren't written off during the in-between seasonS when they got bumped in the playoffs and failed to secure BTB championships, people didn't just say that they were no longer any good. there is no reason to believe that the mavs can't repeat and do better or that they at least won't *choke*...best records might not mean shit but while you're busy mentioning the pistons, don't forget to mention the teams that have had best records and gone on to win championships

for the record, i don't see why any team should be *worried* about any other team

Why are you on here typing nonsense? Please go back to Mavstalk. Thanks.

ponky
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Why are you on here typing nonsense? Please go back to Mavstalk. Thanks.

no, i wanna stay here! anyway, mavtalk is slow, i'll go check out dallas-mavs.com later

nkdlunch
02-08-2007, 10:14 PM
THe only reason SPurs should not worry about the Mavs, is they should be only worrying about getting past the 1st round of the playoffs. at this point and w/this team, that is not 100% sure.

confined
02-08-2007, 10:15 PM
The miami heat win 2006 against the "THE LAST" MAVERICS" while this maverics are called "young & athletics" (hahahaha!) & miami got oneal who is more than 30 yrs old.+ alonzo+ PAYTON+walker+posey+haslem+ bla bla bla! hey make up your mind you mavs fan! hahhahahha! :elephant
wow calm down

sammy
02-08-2007, 10:20 PM

Bitch PLEASE! In your dreams! :blah
You had your opportunity last year courtesy of refs and still choked to an old-ass Miami Heat team!

Enjoy watching us win again! :clap

DubMcDub
02-08-2007, 10:23 PM
It has everything to do with it. Just an indicator that the Mavs are not for real, despite NBA commentators' constant ignoring of the Finals loss. It's funny actually. The Mavs have not really improved since last year. They added Devean George, but that player has not won anything since 2002.

They were "For real" enough to beat the Spurs. I think it's a pretty fuckin stupid notion that only the team that wins the title each year is "for real". There are always a handful of really really good teams in the NBA.

DubMcDub
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Regular season glory does not necessarily translate into post-season success.

I'm pretty sure Mavs fans are well aware of this, given what happened in the WC semifinals in SA last year.

ponky
02-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Bitch PLEASE! In your dreams! :blah
You had your opportunity last year courtesy of refs and still choked to an old-ass Miami Heat team!

wow, you're the bitch. so the refs fucked the spurs over in the semis and helped us out and they didn't help the heat out at all, we just choked? this is why some people outside the mavs org mentioned the officiating in the heat series, not the spurs series...i'm not saying the mavs lost the finals because of the officiating, but you can't have it both ways. anyway, we just choked due to lack of experience, issues with the paint, etc. i don't think officiating should be an issue in either series, only bitches place the blame on officiating

DubMcDub
02-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Guess you better hope that Dallas gets home court and that the Spurs beat them in Dallas in Games 1, 2, 5, and 7....cause the Spurs are apparently incapable of beating the Mavs at ATT anymore :lol .

Gino20
02-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Guess you better hope that Dallas gets home court and that the Spurs beat them in Dallas in Games 1, 2, 5, and 7....cause the Spurs are apparently incapable of beating the Mavs at ATT anymore :lol .

I would not be to confident...

dbreiden83080
02-08-2007, 11:40 PM

You really think you are that much better this year. I am not so sure especially after you damn near lost to Wade by himself in Miami not too long ago. You guys got a lot to prove this year come playoff time and i am counting on Dirk the choke artist to give me more memorable moments.

SPURS vs NBA media
02-09-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Mavs fans are well aware of this, given what happened in the WC semifinals in SA last year.

and the FINALS in dallas last year game 6 YOUR NBA CHAMPION MIAMI HEAT

angryllama
02-09-2007, 01:24 AM
You really think you are that much better this year. I am not so sure especially after you damn near lost to Wade by himself in Miami not too long ago. You guys got a lot to prove this year come playoff time and i am counting on Dirk the choke artist to give me more memorable moments.

http://static1.freenet.de/feed/spe_images/images/nowitzki_antonio.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41675000/jpg/_41675418_dirk203.jpg

http://www.voanews.com/serbian/images/novicki-stiska-pesnicu.jpg

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/pop0523.jpg

Hoy
02-09-2007, 01:50 AM

I refrain myself from opining(?) about your statement because it would be an insult. I do wonder, though: can truth be an insult?
I will say that this sort of complaceny stops progress. Such denial of reality might explain why Spurs FO did not work harder to upgrade our declining roster.
Lack of insight, lack of forsight, caught in a bind.

lefty
02-09-2007, 01:55 AM

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41675000/jpg/_41675418_dirk203.jpg

http://www.voanews.com/serbian/images/novicki-stiska-pesnicu.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/WadeGJ_400_060620.jpg

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2007, 01:55 AM

You do know if Manu doesn't foul him they're still down by one, right?

lefty
02-09-2007, 01:59 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/shaqZO_600_060620.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/shaqGP_600_060620.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/heatfansTV_600_060620.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/DallasFans2_399_060620.jpg

lefty
02-09-2007, 02:03 AM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2002-02/2127636.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki
02-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Come May... 2006 Finals and the 3-0 rant will be at its peak in terms of coping strategies. I cant wait to finish the spurs off for good this year and watch those fuckers continue to fall off the charts. Whats even sweeter is now that we have homecourt in this round, well get to conclude our humilating sweep of you guys from the AT&T Center! You guys ought to focus on finals,new movies,end of the school year get drunk,get stoned, and get laid parties,going out to the Park, or anything that avoids watching the Spurs/Mavs series. Remember when I advised you guys to ignore the last 2 spurs/Mavs games and to go do something fun instead? You didnt listen and ended up having 2 shitty fridays.

lefty
02-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Come May... 2006 Finals and the 3-0 rant will be at its peak in terms of coping strategies. I cant wait to finish the spurs off for good this year and watch those fuckers continue to fall off the charts. Whats even sweeter is now that we have homecourt in this round, well get to conclude our humilating sweep of you guys from the AT&T Center! You guys ought to focus on finals,new movies,end of the school year get drunk,get stoned, and get laid parties,going out to the Park, or anything that avoids watching the Spurs/Mavs series. Remember when I advised you guys to ignore the last 2 spurs/Mavs games and to go do something fun instead? You didnt listen and ended up having 2 shitty fridays.

:eyebrows :eyebrows

ponky
02-09-2007, 02:47 AM
You do know if Manu doesn't foul him they're still down by one, right?

there are no IFs in life, save that crap for dreams :rolleyes

ponky
02-09-2007, 02:49 AM
lefty, thanks for the motivation, i will be sure to cheer extra loud during the playoffs...seriously, what's with all the pics? i didn't know you were also a heat fan

cornbread
02-09-2007, 02:49 AM
but I feel we are going to HUMILATE the spurs the same kind of way the Lakers did in 2001.
:lol :lol :lol So now the 2007 Mavs are comparable to the 2001 Lakers. Okay Dirk.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 02:50 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/shaqZO_600_060620.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/shaqGP_600_060620.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/heatfansTV_600_060620.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/finals2006/DallasFans2_399_060620.jpg
What are you? A closet heat fan? Fuck the Heat. I hate them with a passion.

cornbread
02-09-2007, 02:55 AM

That's all you got. Enjoy it.

lefty
02-09-2007, 02:55 AM
Those pics were an answer to Angryllama's pics

And I was a Heat fan during the Finals only :lol :toast

ponky
02-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Those pics were an answer to Angryllama's pics

And I was a Heat fan during the Finals only :lol :toast

eh, it's a bit weak to use another team that you aren't even a real fan of, at least i think so...why not just use some pics from 2003 WCF?

lefty
02-09-2007, 03:05 AM
eh, it's a bit weak to use another team that you aren't even a real fan of, at least i think so...why not just use some pics from 2003 WCF?

Haven't thought about that...maybe because the 2006 Finals hurt more... :lol
But let's be honest; u guys missed Dirk during the 2003 WCF ; he missed 3 games or so

ponky
02-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Haven't thought about that...maybe because the 2006 Finals hurt more... :lol
But let's be honest; u guys missed Dirk during the 2003 WCF ; he missed 3 games or so

eh whatever, sh*t happens and it was a good run for such an inexperienced team playing nellie's run and gun style ball...anyway, i guess that pic of manu/dirk IS annoying to spurs fans...my cousin sent me a huge newspaper clipping from germany with that pic on it and this past christmas my bf gave me a t-shirt with that photo on it.

lefty
02-09-2007, 03:26 AM
eh whatever, sh*t happens and it was a good run for such an inexperienced team playing nellie's run and gun style ball...anyway, i guess that pic of manu/dirk IS annoying to spurs fans...my cousin sent me a huge newspaper clipping from germany with that pic on it and this past christmas my bf gave me a t-shirt with that photo on it.
:nutkick:

Spurs #23
02-09-2007, 06:19 AM
you know i was reading all the maverick fan posts .... i just wanna get some thing clear and as a loyal confident spur fan since 1990' i wanna say first guys .... u have no say to begin with ... so u beat us one series ...... if we could brag bout everytime we sent u home for the playoffs we would have gotten bored ... wait!! we did and we r bored!!!! ok one win? of series .. how bout dont talk to us NBA CHAMPIONS until u win one!! dirk worshipers !!! how bout 2 more after that!!! second dont u feel embarrassed that the only player u guys had in the 80s were Xman and Rolando Blackman or Blackwelll ....thats how cheap he is i dont know his name lol and lastly also dont u all feel ashamed that it took a SPUR to be ur coach and he took OUR plans OUR ways of winning to ur cheap city and team??? just to win games!?!? and on allll top of this .. why are u talking to smack to spur fans who only did cheer for a team that won more games than the mav fans lied about !!?!? im talking no other team has won more games than us since 1998 !?!?!?!??? i think bout covers it points made Spurs 4 - Mavs 0 !!!!!! thank you and good night from champsville!!! *smiles n grins*

FilSpursFan
02-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Let them enjoy winning moments... on regular season, they'll be crying come Playoff time.. :p:

George Gervin's Afro
02-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I hope everyone is concerned about the mavericks at this point. They are by far playing the best basketball in the league right now. If we were to play them today I'm not sure we could win the series.

Shank
02-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I believe denial is the first stage.

SpursInSevenIn07
02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
it's funny how the mavs only claim to glory is that they got past the 2nd round on a ginobili foul in 2006. i've never heard a team that can only get past the 2nd round under those circumstances and their fans talk so much about championships. wcf, never happened with no amare. it's so annoying, i hate to see a team make the west finals and end up doing sh*t, example timberwolves in 2004 during their fluke season, suns in 2005, suns in 2006. worst wcf teams in nba history. we haven't had a real wcf since 2002, because the losing teams lose by so much.

anyone want to quote me on this, do it: the mavs are out in the 2nd round this year.

LEONARD
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh hell...not this guy again...

another one...........bla bla bla! spurs are old..bla bla bla spurs need athliticism..bla bla bla spurs need young..blabla bla bla!!! yet they are afraid to play the spurs this coming may...hehehehhe,.....im tired of this.... Go spurs Go!

the answer is: STILL THE SPURS IS DANGEROUS.....DANGEROUS.......DANGEROUS...

I liked you better during the 5 months that you disappeared...

ArgSpursFan
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
i can´t belive so many Mavs fans like this forum,may be they are trying to learn how to become better fans by reading spurs fans postes.
It looks like,to have a former spurs player coaching the team is not enough to win a championship.they need to learn from spurs fans how to get better on that too.

The Instigator
02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
im worried about the mavs...they are a better team

ArgSpursFan
02-09-2007, 05:55 PM
im worried about the mavs...they are a better team

I´d be worry about your ass.the spurs will be kicking it on the playoffs.

Man In Black
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
YAWN*
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2007/02/09/a1b_heat_0209.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

Dwyane Wade has plenty of evidence to back his status as a clutch player, and he's not afraid to take a big shot.

That holds off the court, as well. Take his disdain for Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, for example.

"Dirk said that they gave us the championship last year," Wade said Thursday. "But he's the reason they lost the championship because he wasn't the leader he's supposed to be in the closing moments."

The Instigator
02-09-2007, 06:49 PM
im a spurs fan...not a mavs fan...i hate the mavs! I just dont have on my spurs goggles when i post

angryllama
02-10-2007, 02:15 AM
That's all you got. Enjoy it.

No, that's all you got.

The defending conference champions are in Dallas.

Not only that, but the defending conference champion Dallas Mavericks might have put a bullet in the heart of the Spurs with that game 7 play Dirk converted. It sure looks like the Spurs are near full crumble mode.

If you take a look at the NBA standings, you'll see:

1. Mavs 41-9

3. Spurs 8 games back...and not catching up any time this season.

Talk all the "yeah, but we were good once" smack you want, but I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being good NOW and watching the Mavs further distance themselves from pretenders like the Spurs.

Man In Black
02-10-2007, 02:40 AM

Like that is something to be proud of. Conference champions? Hey did you guys hang up a banner?

Talk all the "yeah, but we were good once" smack you want, but I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being good NOW and watching the Mavs further distance themselves from pretenders like the Spurs.

You sound like you want to hang up a DIVISION title next to that Conference one :)

To truly distance yourself means that you have ultimately passed your rival by winning all that could be won. That only happens in June, you had your chance and let Dwyane Wade take it away :fro

We'll see how it all plays out when there is rest to be had between games and all out mind battle between the Popi-Wan and Averyoda. While I think that Donnie and Avery have done a commendable job, no matter what you Mavsfan like to think about how you've passed the Spurs like roadkill, the people that actually play the game on the court know that the Spurs are just lying in the weeds :flag:

THE SIXTH MAN
02-10-2007, 02:46 AM
No, that's all you got.

Not only that, but the defending conference champion Dallas Mavericks might have put a bullet in the heart of the Spurs with that game 7 play Dirk converted. It sure looks like the Spurs are near full crumble mode.

1. Mavs 41-9

Dude if your going to talk shit, now is not the time. Throwing that weak smack that your team has the best record right now is lame. Every one except a n00b would know better that regular season wins don't mean a damn thing come playoff time.

ponky
02-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Like that is something to be proud of. Conference champions? Hey did you guys hang up a banner?

You sound like you want to hang up a DIVISION title next to that Conference one :)

To truly distance yourself means that you have ultimately passed your rival by winning all that could be won. That only happens in June, you had your chance and let Dwyane Wade take it away :fro

We'll see how it all plays out when there is rest to be had between games and all out mind battle between the Popi-Wan and Averyoda. While I think that Donnie and Avery have done a commendable job, no matter what you Mavsfan like to think about how you've passed the Spurs like roadkill, the people that actually play the game on the court know that the Spurs are just lying in the weeds :flag:

http://www.graveyards.com/IL/Cook/bachelors/2004-truncated.jpg

haha, i'm just kidding, i'm getting a bit tired of all this suns/spurs/mavs banter

Udrihlooms
02-10-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm not worried about the Mavs.

As a Spurs fan, I'm more worried about my Spurs.

J.T.
02-10-2007, 02:53 AM
No, that's all you got.

I knew Mavfan would still be screaming about that silly conference championship. Conference championship is synonymous with silver, 2nd place, choked in the Finals, etc. It's just a consolation prize for the losing fan's team to talk about the next season. It means shit.

I can guarantee you pretty much every Spurs fan that doesn't buy into the whole "Well Mavs are a Texas team so I'll root for them now!" bullshit philosophy was somewhat over it after Dwyane Wade raped Dallas by himself. I even bought a Wade jersey and proudly wear it in front of some of my best friends who are Mavfans, even though I'm not a Heat fan. It pisses them off so much and I love rubbing it in. Mavfan is still bitter about having no championships. It's great. So is that silly consolation prize of a conference championship. I bet the city of Dallas went bananas when Dirk won the 3pt shootout last year too, huh? Being a Mavfan is all about the consolation prize.

1. Mavs 41-9

As the Spurs and Mavs BOTH proved in last season's playoffs, regular season records and higher seeding mean complete bullshit in the postseason. Spurs had HCA in the semis and Mavs had HCA in the Finals, both had better records, both teams LOST those series. And please do realize, if any key Dallas player gets injured (Dirk, Howard, Terry, Harris), that 8 game lead is going to shrink. But as its going now, congrats on winning the SW division. Just another silly consolation prize for Mavfan.

ponky
02-10-2007, 02:59 AM
i agree with you J.T., history is history and doesn't mean shit when it comes to the present state of things. i'll take the Mavs this season over the Spurs this season, they are definitely playing better ball, records aside...i like to enjoy my pie fresh, i don't buy that day-old crap

Holt's Cat
02-10-2007, 03:21 AM
Fuwk Dawwas.

wildbill2u
02-10-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not worried about the Mavs. We wouldn't have to meet them in the first round. I'm worried about any one of the other seven teams we'd have to play.

Right now, we're no better than 50-50 against the Jazz, Rockets, and Lakers. Make that 40-60 because all those teams are improving their play and their chemistry.

It's gonna be tough for us to get out of the first round and we better get used to the idea.

Extra Stout
02-10-2007, 11:28 AM
The Spurs have nothing to worry about regarding Dallas, because the Spurs will be out of the playoffs long before they would have to worry about Dallas.

jack0fspeed
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20731.shtml

Last Updated: Feb 7th, 2007 - 07:46:28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mavericks: It’s Still All About the Spurs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Bill Ingram
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Feb 7, 2007, 09:30

The Phoenix Suns may be the closest team to the Mavericks in terms of record, but the team the Mavericks consider their biggest challenge is still “those boys on I-10.”

“It’s really not about the Suns to me,” says Jerry Stackhouse. “It’s still about San Antonio. Phoenix hasn’t done anything. We haven’t really done anything, but we’ve done more than them. We’ve been to the Finals. They’ve had a couple of good playoff runs, but most teams in the Western Conference have had those. You look at their record and what they’ve done and they haven’t beaten any of the good playoff teams. There’s some blemishes on their record. I know what those boys down on I-10 gonna bring and to me they’re still the team that we need to have in the back of our minds in order to accomplish what we need to accomplish.”

“That’s definitely true,” agrees Jason Terry. “I mean, they’ve got the rings. They’re the only team in the West with any rings recently. We’re still looking at Miami in the East, but the Spurs are really who we’re looking at at this point. You’ve got the Lakers, Phoenix, Utah – the West is tough, so whoever comes out of the West will have been through a long, tough grind.”

Last season the Mavericks finally put their most vicious demon to rest with a Game 7 overtime win in San Antonio that clinched their team a first-ever berth in the NBA Finals. That clutch victory has actually instilled a level of confidence in this team that they never had before.

“A lot of it in this league is confidence that you can basically win every game if you're in the game and you can close out well,” explains Dirk Nowitzki. “I think we learned that last year in the playoffs. Winning Game 7 in San Antonio, that really gives us a lot of confidence that we can win every game that's close down the stretch and we know we can lock up defensively and get some big buckets because we have a lot of guys who can score. So it's really all about confidence and execution down the stretch.”

The Mavericks have had plenty of opportunities to test their last-second play. The Minnesota Timberwolves pushed them to the limit on Saturday before finally losing by a single point. Two of their three games prior to that were also down to the wire. They beat Memphis 95-94 and Sacramento 106-104.

“It’s been good for us,” says Terry. “You hate to say you need those kind of games, but you definitely do. You can only get better from them. It’s good to see that we still know how to execute down the stretch on the defensive end and can get a stop when we need it in tight situations. We definitely want to look at the film and see what we could have done to put that team away, though.”

“Yeah, I think that’s huge,” adds Stackhouse. “You’re going to find during the course of the playoffs you’re going to have games like that. Somebody’s not really going to be on their game or things happen where you have a player out with an injury or a suspension or whatever. Knowing that you can still win those games gives you a lot of confidence when the playoffs roll around.”

The 2006-07 Dallas Mavericks are being defined by excellence like no other edition of this team has been defined. They’re staying focused, winning the close games, and feeding what head coach Avery Johnson likes to call an addiction to winning.

“This team definitely thrives on winning,” says Terry. “But we’re still staying humble and trying to get better because there’s always situations you can learn from each game. That’s what we’ve been able to do. For the most part we haven’t made the same mistakes twice all season long.”

Trainwreck2100
02-10-2007, 06:03 PM
^^^Welcome to three days ago

DubMcDub
02-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Let them enjoy winning moments... on regular season, they'll be crying come Playoff time.. :p:

Which is exactly what everyone said last year, when the Spurs were a much better team than they are now (and the Mavs were somewhat worse).

But ok.

DubMcDub
02-10-2007, 07:43 PM
And please do realize, if any key Dallas player gets injured (Dirk, Howard, Terry, Harris), that 8 game lead is going to shrink. But as its going now, congrats on winning the SW division. Just another silly consolation prize for Mavfan.

Is this really what Spurs fans have been reduced to? Reminding Mavs fans that "if someone crucial to your team gets injured, that lead will shrink"??? :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's so fuckin sad man. "Potential injury" smack? I guess you don't realize that a Mavs fan could just as easily say "if Duncan/Parker/Gino get injured that 8 game deficit will quickly become a 15 game deficit"?

Course I'm not exactly surprised. You surely know by now that the Spurs roster as is is inferior to the Mavs roster, given that everyone on both squads is healthy. I guess all you have now is hoping that someone gets hurt.

jeffdrums22
02-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Is this really what Spurs fans have been reduced to? Reminding Mavs fans that "if someone crucial to your team gets injured, that lead will shrink"??? :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's so fuckin sad man. "Potential injury" smack? I guess you don't realize that a Mavs fan could just as easily say "if Duncan/Parker/Gino get injured that 8 game deficit will quickly become a 15 game deficit"?

Course I'm not exactly surprised. You surely know by now that the Spurs roster as is is inferior to the Mavs roster, given that everyone on both squads is healthy. I guess all you have now is hoping that someone gets hurt.

Hey, list the Mavericks accomplishments this decade (And by that I mean only by Championships, Conference Titles, Division titles only). Don't say "oh well we beat the spurs last year".

Then read that list and look at how funny it is for Mavs fans to be talking sh*t to the Spurs fans.

GrandeDavid
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
As far as my liking of sports goes, specificially the Spurs, I believe the Spurs will win the championship this year. I just hope the Heat make it to the Finals cuz my business partner in Miami is a Heat season ticket holder and has a luxury box and promised not aonly tickets but airfare to Miami for me should the Spurs and Heat meet in this year's Finals.

Holt's Cat
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Sad? Sad's you.

01Snake
02-10-2007, 11:29 PM
A year ago today the Mavs were 39-11. Not sure what all the hype is about.

E20
02-10-2007, 11:47 PM
The Mavs suck. :lol

They haven't really done anything except lose in the Finals; their isn't much to say about them. If the Spurs see them in the playoffs, the Spurs with no doubt in my mind will win.

Also, right now the Phoenix Suns are better than the Dallas Mavericks.

dirk4mvp
02-10-2007, 11:52 PM

They haven't really done anything except lose in the Finals; their isn't much to say about them. If the Spurs see them in the playoffs, the Spurs with no doubt in my mind will win.

I bet that's what you thought last year.

:lol :lol

mavs>spurs2
02-11-2007, 12:00 AM

Please tell me you're not this dumb. How can you have no doubt that they will win after we just beat you guys last season? Not to mention how poor the spurs are playing this season compared to past seasons.

E20
02-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Please tell me you're not this dumb. How can you have no doubt that they will win after we just beat you guys last season? Not to mention how poor the spurs are playing this season compared to past seasons.
The Spurs are playing poor?

33-17 without any real back-up PG or reliable Center or other big, isn't poor. Last season is last season and that's behind us.

When PO time comes the Spurs will be playing at least 3X as better as they are right now.

E20
02-11-2007, 12:11 AM
i dont think the spurs are playing badly, but they aint as good as they used to be.

i think the mavs are a step ahead right now.
Oh there is no doubt that the Mavs as of right now are better than the Spurs, but lately I've been finding the regular season pretty boring, only in close games do I actually get excited and eager to watch a Spurs game. I just want the playoffs to start, so that happens more often.

I'm also implying that the Spurs in PO mode will beat the Mavs in PO mode.

mavs>spurs2
02-11-2007, 12:18 AM
The Spurs are playing poor?

I said they were playing poor compared to past seasons, they aren't as good as they used to be.

33-17 without any real back-up PG or reliable Center or other big, isn't poor. Last season is last season and that's behind us.

You just answered your own question, those are the reasons why I say they are playing poor.

When PO time comes the Spurs will be playing at least 3X as better as they are right now.

That's yet to be seen.

E20
02-11-2007, 12:22 AM
^
Actually, you never gave any reasons to why they're playing poor. I, however, gave the following reasons on why their play isn't as good as last year:

PG postion sucks (besides Tony)
PF/C sucks (besides Tim)

Those spots are the hardest to fill and yet the Spurs are still 16 games above .500

Also, if last season is behind us, than there is no reason to bring back the WCSF.

mavs>spurs2
02-11-2007, 12:39 AM
^
Actually, you never gave any reasons to why they're playing poor. I, however, gave the following reasons on why their play isn't as good as last year:

PG postion sucks (besides Tony)
PF/C sucks (besides Tim)

Those spots are the hardest to fill and yet the Spurs are still 16 games above .500

Also, if last season is behind us, than there is no reason to bring back the WCSF.

That's plenty to make a team play poor. Unless they address these problems then the spurs have little to no chance of beating Dallas or Phoenix.

E20
02-11-2007, 12:46 AM
That's plenty to make a team play poor. Unless they address these problems then the spurs have little to no chance of beating Dallas or Phoenix.
They had the same problem in the 2005 WCF against the Suns and yet the Spurs nearly swept them. (4-1)

And the Suns haven't really changed, except that Amare isn't 100% when he was two years ago. I don't know about the Mavs, in comparison to last year, we still had the same problems, went the distance and came back from 3-1, to nearly beat the Mavs. Manu shouldn't have fouled that play. :pctoss

mavsfan1000
02-11-2007, 12:56 AM
The spurs don't have another gear to go to. They didn't impress me last year in the playoffs either. The mavs had a chance to end it in 5 games and the kings took them to 6 games. Duncan is the only player I think that can step it up more in the playoffs than now.

E20
02-11-2007, 01:00 AM
The spurs don't have another gear to go to. They didn't impress me last year in the playoffs either. The mavs had a chance to end it in 5 games and the kings took them to 6 games. Duncan is the only player I think that can step it up more in the playoffs than now.
Not really. Mavs nearly choked against the Spurs and they fully choked against the Heat.

mavsfan1000
02-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Not really. Mavs nearly choked against the Spurs and they fully choked against the Heat.
Yeah it was so obvious the spurs were going to win a one point game. :rolleyes http://www.nba.com/games/20060517/DALSAS/boxscore.html

E20
02-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah it was so obvious the spurs were going to win a one point game. :rolleyes http://www.nba.com/games/20060517/DALSAS/boxscore.html
What's up with the box score? The series was 4-3 and went into OT in Game 7, so what does Game 5 have to do with anything.

smeagol
02-11-2007, 10:51 AM
What the fuck are the MavFans going to say wshen they choke again this year?

Yeah, it's great to be the best regular season team :lol

Or, yeah, at least we made it to the final :blah

Smack talk is for winners, not chokers.

The_Game
02-11-2007, 10:58 AM
what makes you think they will choke? if they make the finals again no way they don't win it all.

Trainwreck2100
02-11-2007, 12:20 PM

They let them come back from 3-1 AND a 20 point deficit in game 7, that's nearly a chokejob.