PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Nation...Mock Draft Poll

johngateswhiteley
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2777

...hmm, some people are smarter than i thought.

RonMexico
02-09-2007, 10:00 AM
That is a very surprsing percentage voting for A&M

tlongII
02-09-2007, 12:41 PM
A&M is good, but they aren't that good.

Holmes_Fans
02-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Because one person at A&M sees this, then has someone send it to every a&m system email so everyone can vote.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2007, 06:18 PM
It's hard for me to see anyone really beating Florida right now. A team certainly can, but they'd have to be playing as well as they possibly can be with Florida playing poorly. Florida has the most talented and balanced starting five in college, they play solid defense and they have great offensive potential any given game. They don't always start up, which could hurt them, but they never quit and take stuff personally, which they feed off of.

A&M, UCLA (healthy) and North Carolina are the only teams I see with a legit shot. All three can play suffocating defense, NC is as explosive offensively while A&M and UCLA are very efficient.

It'll be interesting...

K-State Spur
02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
It's hard for me to see anyone really beating Florida right now. A team certainly can, but they'd have to be playing as well as they possibly can be with Florida playing poorly. Florida has the most talented and balanced starting five in college, they play solid defense and they have great offensive potential any given game. They don't always start up, which could hurt them, but they never quit and take stuff personally, which they feed off of.

A&M, UCLA (healthy) and North Carolina are the only teams I see with a legit shot. All three can play suffocating defense, NC is as explosive offensively while A&M and UCLA are very efficient.

It'll be interesting...

KU has a ceiling that can beat the Gators (look at my handle and realize how much it pains me to say that). They are really inconsistent, but when their cylinders are firing, they are as good as anybody, including Florida (who they have already beaten). I don't want to take anything away from the Aggies impressive win last saturday (and it was damn impressive), but KU had them beat by double digits before they decided to pack it in.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2007, 09:18 PM
KU has a ceiling that can beat the Gators (look at my handle and realize how much it pains me to say that). They are really inconsistent, but when their cylinders are firing, they are as good as anybody, including Florida (who they have already beaten). I don't want to take anything away from the Aggies impressive win last saturday (and it was damn impressive), but KU had them beat by double digits before they decided to pack it in.

KU's had the same ceiling two years straight and have two first-round exits to show for it. KU beat Florida when Florida was weakened by mono. Also, as you mentioned, they are very inconsistant. I'm not convinced Kansas, you'll likely be a #3 seed at worst, will advance far enough to the point where they'll meet the Gaters again. It would likely end up in the Elite 8. I'm not sure I'll buy Kansas getting that far. I'll say the same for good Pac-10 teams like Oregon and Arizona as well. Consistant teams advance in March.

Mr Dio
02-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Because one person at A&M sees this, then has someone send it to every a&m system email so everyone can vote.

:lol
You got the same 12 'necks voting all day long.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
KU's had the same ceiling two years straight and have two first-round exits to show for it. KU beat Florida when Florida was weakened by mono. Also, as you mentioned, they are very inconsistant. I'm not convinced Kansas, you'll likely be a #3 seed at worst, will advance far enough to the point where they'll meet the Gaters again. It would likely end up in the Elite 8. I'm not sure I'll buy Kansas getting that far. I'll say the same for good Pac-10 teams like Oregon and Arizona as well. Consistant teams advance in March.

OK, I take back the bit about being afflicted by mono. They did suffer through players like Noah and Brewer missing a few games, but evidently, not vs. Kansas. Still, I stand by my other comments.

johngateswhiteley
02-10-2007, 06:45 AM

:blah :blah :blah

...A&M is top 5 (imo), and thats good enough to beat anybody on a neutral court. i'd be surprised, but not shocked, if they lost a big 12 game the rest of the way. i'd bet they don't lose more than 1 from here till big 12 tourney starts.

they did just beat kansas and spanked t.u. in 2 days.

my top 5:

1. Florida
2. UCLA
3. UNC
4. Wisconsin
5. Texas A&M

K-State Spur
02-10-2007, 09:33 AM

Exactly, KU is very inconsistent and plays to the level of their competition on many an occasion. But they still have that top gear than nobody else, except Florida has. Not saying they will. In fact, if they played tomorrow, Florida would certainly be the favorites. But KU is clearly capable of beating the gators.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to throw up.

remingtonbo2001
02-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Okay, first off...look at the number of votes placed....somewhere well over 600,000. Political Pollsters would love that amount of participation. I doubt even a quarter of that number attend A&M.

Secondly, A&M could very well sneak into the Final Four....I still don't think such elite teams have them positioned on radar....They are just now getting a national spotlight. It's very possible, if Gillispie can continue to improve this squad at the rate he has accomplished over the past 3 years, that A&M wins it all....They beat Nebreska tonight completing 0 ASSISTS....Nebreska as well threw 0 ASSIST.....They can grind it out....TEAMS LIKE THAT ARE SCARY....

Holmes_Fans
02-19-2007, 11:11 PM

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=816403&forum_id=7

you see what I mean :lol :lol

johngateswhiteley
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=816403&forum_id=7

you see what I mean :lol :lol

you're kidding yourself if you don't think other fans do the same thing, that these guys made a big dent in the 1.3 million votes, and if these opinions are not completely accurate. :smokin

SrA Husker
02-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Exactly, KU is very inconsistent and plays to the level of their competition on many an occasion. But they still have that top gear than nobody else, except Florida has. Not saying they will. In fact, if they played tomorrow, Florida would certainly be the favorites. But KU is clearly capable of beating the gators.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to throw up.

Seeing KU's margin of victory ever since Texas A&M, I'd say they've been playing their best ball of all season. They just need to hope they can keep it up past the first round of the NCAA's.