PDA

View Full Version : Melo and Howard going to the ASG

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Carmelo Anthony is going to the NBA All-Star game after all.

The Denver Nuggets forward, the league's leading scorer, and Dallas Mavericks were both named by NBA Commissioner David Stern as injury replacements to the Western Conference team. They will replace Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets and Carlos Boozer of the Utah Jazz for the game, Sunday, February 18 in Las Vegas.

Anthony had been left off the West roster, and there was speculation that he was being quietly punished for the punch he threw in a brawl against the New York Knicks that cost him a 15-game suspension. But Stern said he would not hold the incident against Anthony when choosing subs for Yao and Howard.

West All-Star head coach Mike D'Antoni will determine which player on his roster will replace Yao in the starting line-up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2760140

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-09-2007, 01:56 PM
better late than never

cheguevara
02-09-2007, 01:57 PM
But Stern said he would not hold the incident against Anthony when choosing subs for Yao and Howard.

way to be unbiased Stern. Your decisions make a lot of sense.

Chris Childs
02-09-2007, 02:06 PM
This is a disgrace! That Hit & Run doesn't deserve to be in the All-Star game, neither does Coward!
I'm definitely not watching the All-Star game now!

johnpaulwall21
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh well as long as neither start and duncan and parker make the selection, Im good.

BgT
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Parker made the AS game?

dirk4mvp
02-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Suck something, Mav haters.

dieman8686
02-10-2007, 05:01 AM
This is a disgrace! That Hit & Run doesn't deserve to be in the All-Star game, neither does Coward!

Oh well as long as neither start and duncan and parker make the selection, Im good

Parker made the AS game?
That sums it up :downspin:, the irony :( .

mavsfan1000
02-10-2007, 07:14 AM
No way Parker should've gone ahead of Howard in the all-star picking. Oh well I guess it works out best this way. No controversy as both Howard and Melo get in.

Texas_Ranger
02-10-2007, 07:20 AM
They deserved it.:tu

Duncanoypi
02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
looking back at all-star players last 2004

http://individual.utoronto.ca/nabji/pics/all_star.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2007, 12:33 PM
seriously i wouldve had okur or deron replace boozer

zach randolf misses out....even though his puttin up nice stats on a shit team

tlongII
02-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Zach should have been picked. This is bullshit.

exstatic
02-10-2007, 01:57 PM
No way Parker should've gone ahead of Howard in the all-star picking. Oh well I guess it works out best this way. No controversy as both Howard and Melo get in.
The coaches vote for the reserves, and they have to vote positionally for 5 players and then two wildcards. Parker was probably voted as a guard, and Howard got caught in a numbers game at forward and wildcard.

mavsfan1000
02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
The coaches vote for the reserves, and they have to vote positionally for 5 players and then two wildcards. Parker was probably voted as a guard, and Howard got caught in a numbers game at forward and wildcard.
Actually what I heard was Parker was a wildcard pick over Josh Howard.

exstatic
02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Actually what I heard was Parker was a wildcard pick over Josh Howard.
Someone else said that, but the article that was posted didn't differentiate who was picked as what. At least it was coaches picking the reserves. That's more of an honor than being picked by the stupid-ass fans. JHo is definitely deserving, but every year there are a handful of deserving players who don't go. At least you don't have to worry about that now. I'm still hoping Manu gets picked if AI can't go.

Tradition
02-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Well if Odom had not of gotten hurt, he would of made a case of being an all star this season. Then again if it werent for Kobe, he wouldnt of prob made it. Same thing goes for Josh Howard. If he didnt have Dirk he wouldnt of even been considered.

dallaskd
02-10-2007, 08:55 PM
finally

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-11-2007, 12:03 AM
29/8/10 for Melo tonight :smokin

Had a triple double a couple games back and 34/6/5 last night :clap

RonMexico
02-11-2007, 07:29 PM

If you read this estimation that John Hollinger has, he actually thinks LESS coaches voted for Parker and AI than the ones that wanted to vote for Marion, Howard, Melo, Brand, and some other dude. He just said that the votes were so spread out for the forwards that the two guards probably snuck in with one point victories over Howard and Melo.

I.E. - Marion got in with the most votes, but Howard and Melo could have had 7 apiece, while there were 8 each to Parker and AI because the guard pool was so much more shallow. Basically, he admitted that there really was no better way to get it done, so West teams are going to have to start trading their all-star caliber forwards away in order to make the voting easier.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Player of the Week for Melo :smokin

30.3/8.3/7.8 :smokin Now thats some nice stats. It just sucks the team is still battling injuries and lost 2 games during that week

ponky
02-12-2007, 03:34 PM
If you read this estimation that John Hollinger has, he actually thinks LESS coaches voted for Parker and AI than the ones that wanted to vote for Marion, Howard, Melo, Brand, and some other dude. He just said that the votes were so spread out for the forwards that the two guards probably snuck in with one point victories over Howard and Melo.

I.E. - Marion got in with the most votes, but Howard and Melo could have had 7 apiece, while there were 8 each to Parker and AI because the guard pool was so much more shallow. Basically, he admitted that there really was no better way to get it done, so West teams are going to have to start trading their all-star caliber forwards away in order to make the voting easier.

hollinger is an idiot...his daily rankings didn't predict what went down this week! :lol :lol :lol

RonMexico
02-13-2007, 01:25 PM
hollinger is an idiot...his daily rankings didn't predict what went down this week! :lol :lol :lol

We don't have to turn this into a "Nash for MVP" thread right now... :elephant

I still think he was onto something with how the coaches voted.