PDA

View Full Version : Imperialism

Phil Hellmuth
02-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Why is this never talked about on national television.

The general public need to know the dangers of international capitiliasm as well when it gets out of hand.

Jules
02-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Why is this never talked about on national television.

The general public need to know the dangers of international capitiliasm as well when it gets out of hand.

The mainstream media does not want to discuss U.S. economic exploitation and human rights violations inflicted upon poor countries.

What about neo-liberalism? Corporations, not under-devopled nations, benefit from Free Trade.

If you want to inform others, refer them to Noam Chomsky's literary work on the subject.

gtownspur
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
The mainstream media does not want to discuss U.S. economic exploitation and human rights violations inflicted upon poor countries.

What about neo-liberalism? Corporations, not under-devopled nations, benefit from Free Trade.

If you want to inform others, refer them to Noam Chomsky's literary work on the subject.

Why won't they, if they already love hammering Bush on economic news, like emphasizing the wage gap, and focusing on corporate greed.

And Chomsky is a linguist, not a sociologist or historian.

He needs to stick to his profession.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
is anyone else as amazed as i am that gtownspur even knows who noam chomsky is?

What's the over under that he looked him up on wiki?

Ya Vez
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
yes lets stay out of darfar....

smeagol
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
it's not imperialism...we're liberating other countries! peace through war! what's there not to understand?
The war on Iraq is stupid, but don't tell mookie because he said I can't opine on certain matters.

smeagol
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
darfur

smeagol
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
is anyone else as amazed as i am that gtownspur even knows who noam chomsky is?

Chomsky is an idiot.

Phil Hellmuth
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM

this is clearly not the point and you missed it.

NorCal510
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
u sound like my world studies teacher

anti american motherfuckers

Phil Hellmuth
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
u sound like my world studies teacher

anti american motherfuckers

bullshit.

there are many things wrong that the U.S. GOVERNMENT has done for 200 years. respect your country and fellow people is one thing. to learn about the GOVERNMENT and how it impacts the world is another.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Exactly its like if one is mad at being treated like an animal then one should not act like an animal

on the other hand if you want to be seen as an animal, then just watch joe millionaire

velik_m
02-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Chomsky is an idiot.

Unless you contributed as much as he has to various fields of science, you need to shut up.

smeagol
02-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Unless you contributed as much as he has to various fields of science, you need to shut up.
I know a bunch of "Chomskys" in Argentina who contribute to science, literature and other areas, but are retards.

Threrfore, I will continue to say he is an idiot.

NorCal510
02-10-2007, 01:04 PM
it is bullshit phil

to a point where my world studies teacher influences his students that everything is americas fault even 9/11 that it was planned by bush to gain profit wtf is that. he also says stupid bullshit that america went to war to make profit and all this other BS that i just cant stand sometimes. AMERICA FTW!

RobinsontoDuncan
02-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Chomsky is an idiot.

One of the most brilliant scholars of this generation, it takes intelligence to recognize intelligence however

I know a bunch of "Chomskys" in Argentina who contribute to science, literature and other areas, but are retards.

Therefore, I will continue to say he is an idiot.

And sorry, what do you do that makes you so qualified to judge anyone?

Have you even read one of Chomsky's books? Which one? And what the fuck made it so "retarded" to you?

gtownspur
02-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Linguistics is not science.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-10-2007, 03:08 PM
uh...communication science

I double majored in history and communication in college... my comm degree is a BS

i just dont talk about the comm major as much because I got that one from JMU

01Snake
02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
uh...communication science

I double majored in history and communication in college... my comm degree is a BS

Sounds like BS to me! :lol :lol :lol :lol

gtownspur
02-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Sounds like BS to me! :lol :lol :lol :lol

You know what snake?

You're an insensitive idiot.

When i have questions concerning molecular physics, i consult a concert celloist with a PHd in Music Composition.

Don't you all have a clue?

smeagol
02-10-2007, 07:01 PM
One of the most brilliant scholars of this generation, it takes intelligence to recognize intelligence however

You are so full of shit. Nice way to covertly, and very humbly may I add, announce to the world you are intelligent.

And sorry, what do you do that makes you so qualified to judge anyone?

Even though you might think you are a brilliant person, I'm as qualified as you are to give an opinion.

This is the same guy Chavez used in his retarded UN speach last year to make a point about Bush being the devil.

Look, Chomsky is an extreme leftist, so extreme he is stupid. I know his kind.

smeagol
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
RtD and Velik, you seem to know Chomsky very well.

Why do you like him so much?

What are your political coincidences with Noam?