PDA

View Full Version : Manu is Fvcking insane

RobinsontoDuncan
11-12-2004, 10:33 PM
did you see that play where he got his rebound off the missed free throw, and hit a three

i think im gonna cry

deepsouth
11-12-2004, 10:37 PM
This is the first Spurs' game on Buenos Aires' TV and Manu absolutely shined.

HUIIIIJAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru of Nothing
11-12-2004, 10:38 PM
and hit an tree

Ducks, is that you?

Seriously, Manu is underpaid.

Leo_ARG
11-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Nice gift from Manu.
Maybe he knew we were watching ;)

TMTTRIO
11-12-2004, 10:43 PM
All I can do is laugh. Absolutely amazing:lol

TwoHandJam
11-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Incredible game. Looks like Manu is going to become Duncan's "Kobe" as the 1-2 punch.

T Park
11-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Ginobili is playing out of his mind.

Parker seemed to play better.

Rasho played 1 good half.

Barry was ok.

The Spurs played there C game and won by 9.

good times

Useruser666
11-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Incredible game. Looks like Manu is going to become Duncan's "Kobe" as the 1-2 punch.

I hope he doesn't become Kobe. Then I would have to hate him too. :lol

Solid D
11-12-2004, 10:47 PM
This guy did everything tonight. What a joy to watch! His confidence is tremendous but his instincts...some of the best I've ever seen.

spursfaninla
Manu played the best all around game I have seen him, EVER, and scored close to his "take on the lakers single-handedly" game. Duncan was WAY off from the line, but manu evened things out.

I hate to think how this game turns out with wade in there.

Ginofan
Manu is a STUD!!! Thank god he's playing up to his contract, because a certain PG certainly isn't! Come on Tony let's see the star we all know you are!

Guru of Nothing
11-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Manu is a STUD!!! Thank god he's playing up to his contract, because a certain PG certainly isn't! Come on Tony let's see the star we all know you are!

Ah, the ol' Small Sample Syndrome.

spursfaninla
11-12-2004, 10:53 PM
parker didn't get many assists (4), but he shot 50% from the field; not sure how much better you want him to score.

Again, the spurs with 24 assists, that is pretty decent. Parker doesn't have to have that many when barry, duncan and manu are going to get many assists themselves.

T Park
11-12-2004, 10:54 PM
true, because, 5 games a player makes no question.

Back away from the ledge peeps.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Tony is creating for other players by getting to the middle, he doesnt end up getting the assist because the spurs usually swing the ball around the perimeter... but tony is doin a decent job of creating

mattyc
11-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Saw this game on Aussie TV. Manu is unbelievable and I have a feeling his consistency from 3pt land has improved.

Still can't fathom how good his reflexes are. He's almost a sure thing to get a handful of steals and tip-aways per game.

Keep it up Gino. He's a integral cog.

baseline bum
11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Man, is Manu a top-20 player in this league now!?!?! :wow

It might be time to start asking that now. He's playing unreal basketball.

TheWriter
29 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts, 6 stls in 35 minutes.

I think he might be a good player.

boutons
Bill Walton said he thought Manu has the best anticipation and (apparent) quickness since his former Boston teammate, Larry something or other. It's a bit early for that, but maybe just this once in his whole fricking broadcast career, Walton isn't overstating.

What a shame Manu missed that late FT, missing a 30-pt game as Pop gets his 400th win.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-12-2004, 11:23 PM
and hit an tree
Ducks, is that you?

Seriously, Manu is underpaid.

No why does everyone keep asking if i am someone else (jk, jk)

i was thinking faster than i could type b uti t's n ott hat bdA.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-12-2004, 11:24 PM
no he isnt overpaid yet, at the end of the season if he continues at this rate, then hell yeah

FilSpursFan
11-12-2004, 11:24 PM
He should be in the All-Star!! He was great full of energy!

Ginofan
11-12-2004, 11:25 PM
parker didn't get many assists (4), but he shot 50% from the field; not sure how much better you want him to score.

Again, the spurs with 24 assists, that is pretty decent. Parker doesn't have to have that many when barry, duncan and manu are going to get many assists themselves.

I'm being a little hard on Tony because I've seen much better from him. This game he was decent. But that's what 1 out of 5 games? I'd just like to see what I'm used to seeing from him. But no worries, I'm sure he'll get back to his best form soon.

RobinsontoDuncan
11-12-2004, 11:26 PM

nothing in my mind ever justified bigger dollars for parker than manu, if you look throughout my history here i have always maintained that parker only deserves manu money.

he isnt ever going to be a star, just a nice complementary role player

TwoHandJam
11-13-2004, 12:00 AM
nothing in my mind ever justified bigger dollars for parker than manu, if you look throughout my history here i have always maintained that parker only deserves manu money.

he isnt ever going to be a star, just a nice complementary role playerLet's not go overboard. Role players don't often average around 20ppg for six playoff games in a row. Tony has hit a rough patch but he'll be fine.

SpursWoman
11-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Manu is Fvcking insane

Married life must be agreeing with him. :(

AlamoSpursFan
11-13-2004, 01:23 AM
29 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts, 6 stls in 35 minutes.

I think he might be a good player.

I didn't get to watch the game because I was stuck at work, but Bill Schoening said he thought Manu even sold a little popcorn at halftime.

:lmao

toosmallshoes
11-13-2004, 01:36 AM
If Manu continues at this rate you have to seriously consider him for Most Improved Player in the NBA.

Phenomanul
11-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Do you believe the Argentine team could win against and American team formed by Shaq, Garnet, Kobe, Ben Wallas, Wallas, Hamilton, Carmelo, Lebron, Prince, Iverson and Duncan?

Who knows? It depends on how they play as a team. Anyway, in this team, I can’t find a guard who makes the rest of the team play.

This was from Manu's "Minuto con Manu" page.....

This is a very telling stat concerning what Manu requires a player to do.... or be for a team to succeed. In answering the question, one gets the feeling Manu considers himself that type of player... and he has certainly shown it.

I know it's early... and he's bound to slow down... but this settles the issue that Manu is not an up-n-coming star, nor an emerging star.... he is a star... and I would even dare say he is an up-n-coming SUPERstar.

timvp
11-13-2004, 02:29 AM
If Manu keeps playing like this, he might be voted in as a starter. There might be some sort of Kobe backlash ... plus Manu should get the international vote.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
11-13-2004, 02:39 AM
i doubt he will be a starter... but maybe his international popularity sky rocketed after the winning the gold, If he keeps up the good play, he should be a reserve on the allstar team, but with all the big name players in the west its gonna be tough

toosmallshoes
11-13-2004, 03:07 AM
If he keeps this kind of highlight reel basketball commin' he WILL be a big name player in the West.

TheWriter
11-13-2004, 03:41 AM
He was what, sixth in voting last season.

He will sure as hell move up. But even if he isn't voted as a starter, you'd have to think he'd get chosen just for the simple fact that almost every coach would love to have this guy on their team, because he plays basketball the right way. I would think any sensible coach would want to reward him for that.

TheWriter
11-13-2004, 03:44 AM
So far in five games this season Manu is avg:

23 pts, 7 rebs, 4 asts, 3 stls in 31 minutes.

Karl Mundt
11-13-2004, 04:51 AM
22,8 points per game on 56% FG and 55% 3PT while shooting only 13,2 FG's a game. All that in only 30,8 MPG. That's over 28 points a game if you translate the numbers to 38 minutes a game. Forget All-Star Game, he's the 2005 MVP. :P

AgSnake361
11-13-2004, 06:07 AM
So,

Do y'all think this explosion is related to the fact that he led Arg to the gold this summer?

Meaning, he spent a summer competing against the best of the world, had to elevate his game to do so, and we are now reaping the benefits? I LOVE to see Manu have games like this, but i would trade games like this in November for games like this in May and June.

LOL, what i'd love to see is the Spurs wrap up HCA early and get Manu and Tim some rest towards the end of the regular season, to make up for their long summers.

Rummpd
11-13-2004, 06:17 AM
See my post yesterday when I said strong case can be made for Manu right there behind Kobe and that head case McGrady and I am not sure the Spurs would benefit more from either one than the developing superstud MANU!!!!!!!!!

MadDoc

Marcus Bryant
11-13-2004, 09:36 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041104/capt.sad10111040303.kings_spurs_sad101.jpg
http://www.nxtlevel.com/images/NXTbanner.jpg

Athenea
11-13-2004, 01:44 PM
The Gold Medal helped Manu (and still does) in many ways:
1º he recovered his usual free-style of game, leadership and go-to guy lost in
translation in last year Spurs necessities
2º he gained definitely the confidence and respect from Pop, TD and now referees and the league as a whole
3º he proved himself he was able to compete and win against big time players from all over the Globe w/added bulk of being the main focus-target of his team
If you ask me, the 2º will be the most profitable in the long run for the Spurs and for Manu himself.

Kori Ellis
11-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Listen to the audio of Manu after last night's game. He says he won't shoot this well all season, but also says that the main difference in his game this year is his confidence.

Go to SpursZONE (http://www.spurszone.com) .. all the audio from last night is in the sidebar.

genghisrex
11-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking Per 48 Minutes(40.83)
So, yeah, its only been 5 games, but damn is he ever on fire (#6 in efficiency ranking overall).

E20
11-13-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm waiting for his quadruple double still.