PDA

View Full Version : Bar Suggestion

SrA Husker
02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I figure this place will be well in tune with bars in San Antonio.

I have a friend who wants to go to a bar with good martinis, and is not smoky. I don't like typical "martini bars" where it's jazz and fashion and all that crap...I'll prefer to sit back with a nice beer.

So basically,

--Has good martinis
--Not smoky
--Not 'trendy'
--Has good beer selection
--Not expensive would be nice

For those of you who have been to Chicago or anywhere else that has one, Bar Louie is basically what I'm looking for, except there's not one down here :(

( http://www.barlouieamerica.com/ )

And Kori, I'm about to head over to your About page but want opinions of all the drunks here in the club, too :)

spurschick
02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Zinc or Swig downtown

SrA Husker
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I did a google for SA martini bars and swig was the first that came up, she looked at it but said no because it was also a cigar bar.

SrA Husker
02-09-2007, 08:23 PM
I'd also prefer to stay away from downtown to avoid parking, etc.

Melmart1
02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I think all of the martini bars in this town are pretty much 'trendy'.

SrA Husker
02-09-2007, 09:15 PM
So how about a place that happens to serve decent martinis? Being a "martini bar" isn't necessarily all I'm looking at...

Melmart1
02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
We used to go to this place called The Aquarium which was strange... half trendy,half sports bar. But the dirty martinis were pretty good and you can play pool and other bar games on one side or relax on the sofas and stuff on the other side. The bar is one big fish tank and there are others on the walls. Haven't been in ages though so not sure if it's even open but it was decent when we used to go.

Mr Dio
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
I think all of the martini bars in this town are pretty much 'trendy'.

True, many out there trying to fit in and be trendy rather than just be themselves.

Mr Dio
02-09-2007, 09:25 PM
We used to go to this place called The Aquarium which was strange... half trendy,half sports bar. But the dirty martinis were pretty good and you can play pool and other bar games on one side or relax on the sofas and stuff on the other side. The bar is one big fish tank and there are others on the walls. Haven't been in ages though so not sure if it's even open but it was decent when we used to go.

Is that the one that changed to the Babcock Bar?
If not, what was the name of that place?

expander
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/stories/MYSA.pubpage.73293bae.html :drunk

01Snake
02-10-2007, 09:43 AM
The Point Martini Bar at Blanco/1604. No smoking allowed. :D

Shelly
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't know if they still do it, but Bravo Cucina at La Cantera does a Thursday Night Martini Happy Hour

expander
02-10-2007, 11:06 AM
The Point Martini Bar at Blanco/1604. No smoking allowed. :D

Smoking is now allowed, beware!! :smokin

spurschick
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
If you're looking for a good martini, but not necessarily a martini bar, then you are inevitably looking for a good bartender.