PDA

View Full Version : Nash misses second game with sore shoulder

ducks
02-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Nash misses second game with sore shoulder

February 9, 2007

PHOENIX (AP) -- All-Star Steve Nash sat out the Suns' game against Atlanta because of a sore right shoulder.

It was the second game in a row that the league's two-time defending MVP was sidelined. He missed Tuesday's overtime victory at Portland and sat out the second half of Monday's win at Denver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nash felt better Friday but decided not to play.

"It's still sore," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "If it improves as much from now until Sunday as it did from yesterday to today, then he will play Sunday."

The Suns are home against the Chicago Bulls on Sunday.

ponky
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
they *should* win this game, it's the hawks!!!! that is, unless josh childress and ex-suns joe johnson step it up and play ball...looking at the boxscore, i don't see how the hawks are winning (except, amare is 1-8!) but whatever

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
This game is a "should" win Nash or no Nash. But anything can happen.

ponky
02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
haha, it looks like the suns have stepped it up in the third like they often do against lesser teams

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 10:37 PM
haha, it looks like the suns have stepped it up in the third like they often do against lesser teams

:drunk

Crunchy Black
02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
soft ass bitch. pau is a 10 times better pg than steve "got the mvp cuz im white" nash

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
soft ass bitch. pau is a 10 times better pg than steve "got the mvp cuz im white" nash

Gasol is a power forward not a point guard.

kingsfan
02-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Hawks leading by 5 with 4.47 left. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:16 PM
well, like i said, unless josh childress and joe johnson step it up...but of course, so has josh smith...damn, that layup by amare was weak, no wonder it was blocked by smith

mavsfan1000
02-09-2007, 11:17 PM
If Atlanta wins this game expect Nash to be 3 time MVP.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Apathetic play by Diaw and, to lesser extents, Marion and Bell has really hurt the Suns tonight. Amare was terrible in the first half, but has played very well in the second half (save for that limp dunk attempt baseline that was blocked), Banks has stepped up and Barbosa has hit every big shot he's taken. Unfortunately they ran into a team hungry and ready to play physical, swarming defense that forced turnovers and took the Suns out of their style for large parts of the game.

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Apathetic play by Diaw and, to lesser extents, Marion and Bell has really hurt the Suns tonight. Amare was terrible in the first half, but has played very well in the second half (save for that limp dunk attempt baseline that was blocked), Banks has stepped up and Barbosa has hit every big shot he's taken. Unfortunately they ran into a team hungry and ready to play physical, swarming defense that forced turnovers and took the Suns out of their style for large parts of the game.

Well chalk it up to them not getting up for the Hawks. Hopefully they can bounce back against Chicago on Sunday.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2007, 11:26 PM
They had enough to win, but didn't. Barbosa, Banks and Amare gave them enough, but, as evidensed by that last scramble off a missed FT, Atlanta was willing to poke, prod, dive and all together sacrifice themselves for every loose ball, every rebound and it gave them the win.

Atlanta won this game. They overcame an 11-point, second-half deficit with grit and guts and deserve this win more than the Suns.

ponky
02-09-2007, 11:41 PM
god, this is the never-ending game!!! enough, just end it already!!!

Amare_32
02-09-2007, 11:42 PM
god, this is the never-ending game!!! enough, just end it already!!!

:lol

JMarkJohns
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Those last two minutes were an hour of my life I'll never get back :rolleyes

Nashfan
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Suns played horrible tonight!! :depressed

timvp
02-10-2007, 12:21 AM
I'm just glad Joe Johnson isn't on the Suns anymore. If they still had him, they'd be going after the 72-10 mark.

Oh and don't even think what would have happened if the Suns would have just kept Luol Deng.

BillsCarnage
02-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Apathetic play by Diaw
Diaw has a stiff back. You could see him hurt it more in the game.

and, to lesser extents, Marion and Bell has really hurt the Suns tonight.
Bell was the only one playing D; JoJo was 10/25. Had the everyone else played D like that they would have likely won.
C'mon, allowing 51% shooting, 71pts in the second half and 120pts to a team that avgs 91???

Unfortunately they ran into a team hungry and ready to play physical, swarming defense that forced turnovers and took the Suns out of their style for large parts of the game.
The Suns played like crap, plain and simple. They played like crap in Portland but got lucky in OT. They've lost that mental edge they had against the Spurs, but maybe that's because players like Banks, Burke don't have it.

They just stunk up the joint tonight.

Nashfan
02-10-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm just glad Joe Johnson isn't on the Suns anymore. If they still had him, they'd be going after the 72-10 mark.

Oh and don't even think what would have happened if the Suns would have just kept Luol Deng.

Don't remind me. :depressed

Nashfan
02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Diaw has a stiff back. You could see him hurt it more in the game.

Bell was the only one playing D; JoJo was 10/25. Had the everyone else played D like that they would have likely won.
C'mon, allowing 51% shooting, 71pts in the second half and 120pts to a team that avgs 91???

The Suns played like crap, plain and simple. They played like crap in Portland but got lucky in OT. They've lost that mental edge they had against the Spurs, but maybe that's because players like Banks, Burke don't have it.

They just stunk up the joint tonight.

Agree :depressed

Nashfan
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
By the way, great game tonight Maverick fans. :toast You really took it to Houston. To bad I did not get to watch it since I was watching the Suns screw up royally. :rolleyes

Flopper
02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
By the way, great game tonight Maverick fans. :toast You really took it to Houston. To bad I did not get to watch it since I was watching the Suns screw up royally. :rolleyes

meh...Houston played crappy today...couldn't buy a shot.

ponky
02-10-2007, 12:50 AM

thanks...you should get league pass AND tivo, fast forward through timeouts, commercials, free throws and watch several games in the time that it takes to watch 1-2 games

ponky
02-10-2007, 01:14 AM
fast forward through mavs free throws and what is left of the game?

uh, the rockets only made 10 FGs the entire 2nd and 3rd quarters...dirk went to the line for a whopping two free throws, what's your point with regards to the free throws? maybe you should look at a relevant stat like rebounds and turnovers

Nashfan
02-10-2007, 04:12 PM
thanks...you should get league pass AND tivo, fast forward through timeouts, commercials, free throws and watch several games in the time that it takes to watch 1-2 games

Oh, I do have league pass and a dvr but stupid me thought our game would be interesting to watch all the way through. :oops I also forgot to tape the Mavs/Rockets game, duh! :lol I wish our teams played at different times but they seem to play at the same time or close to the same time. I will learn to tape it in the future, that is for sure. :lol

RonMexico
02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Marcus Banks 20 points and Amare 29, but Suns suck it up - didn't even watch the game cause I was driving up to Dallas (and I forgot to record it)... who could have thought they would blow it to the Hawks?