PDA

View Full Version : Our Last Hope?

ShoogarBear
02-09-2007, 10:20 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Matt_Bonner-arton20875-240x240.jpg

1Parker1
02-09-2007, 10:21 PM
You know your team is in trouble when that is the type of player who is your last hope. :depressed

How the mighty have fallen...

Trainwreck2100
the truthiness of that scares the hell out of me, but his game is perfect for the idiotic small ball pop wants to run

timvp
He's supposedly almost ready to play. I just hope Pop puts him in the rotation.

ShoogarBear
02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
If I could photoshop, I'd put him in Luke Skywalker gear.

smeagol
nah shoog, the Spurs can always trade Manu.

johnpaulwall21
:worthy: Matt Bonner

Manu_The _Best
02-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Tough loss for the Spurs today (Spurs 104-106 Orlando) and PROPS to Barry and Finley – they were both terrific,
Unfortunately today we saw “Last year’s Playoffs give away officiating towards Dallas in Games 3 and 4” – The Spurs got bad calls in the end of the game – give away points to Orlando, no offensive-push-foul on Nelson’s last drive to tie the game at 104-104, no call on Howard for "breaking" Timmy's hand before that – The Spurs’ 2 BIGS Manu and Tony really didn’t give 100% - My Manu was LOST during the entire game, Tony also didn’t contribute much and in clutch situations made poor decisions – ORL was doing what every smart and capable team did/does against the Spurs – shut down Tony and Manu, let Timmy gets his points and you will beat the Spurs – still, Barry and Finley kept the Spurs in the game; However, bad officiating kept Elson on the bench with BOGUS fouls given against him, and basically the Spurs played without a center today. Oberto helped as much as he could... However, this game clearly showed again the Spurs DON’T HAVE a reliable backup PG – and the inconsistency continues – after 1 good WIN, another disappointing LOSS – I know JJ Redick and Nelson shot like crazy, and they got the officiating calls in the end, but there is no excuse for Popovich to take Barry out of the game with 27 sec to go and put Bowen, who was fouled and miss both FTs! Tony also struggled on the line as he was 3 out 6 FTs – Orlando did a good job keeping him away from the basket – he wasn’t that aggressive. Manu played real bad (the worse of all) and finished with only 7 pts…Popovich also made a BAD SET PLAY in the end going for the win with 0.5 sec to go – the ball got in Tony’s hands, who struggled in the 4th – Tony tried to score from impossible situation and Howard blocked it instead of faking and finding Timmy under the basket for an easy 2 to finish those guys off; thus it is fair to say despite the POOR officiating, Popovich shut himself in the FOOT again with extremely POOR decisions in the end of the game…

Unfortunately we have to repeat once again – the Spurs CANNOT get several good wins in a row against strong teams, and this inconsistency [in Ginobili and Parker and some others] will cost them the entire season…The Spurs had no answer against ORL’s shooters and allowed 32 points in the 3rd and 26 pts in the 4th, i.e 58 pts in the second half – YOU CANNOT win many games by doing that…

Unfortunately, the Spurs are in a situation that they NEED ALL BIG 3 stars to score over 20 pts per game in order for us to WIN every game – this is How bad this team is positioned as far as players go...This is HOW BAD POPOVICH [and the management] is by putting our big 3 in a situation to try to carry this team all season long (along with Barry)…If one of our big 3 has a bad night (like Manu today), we CANNOT WIN close games, even though the bench produced today…

Sunday’s game with Miami is coming, and it appears the Spurs will put another LOSS in the bag after today's tough one – they are miserably 2-3 in this "rodeo road show", a CLEAR INDICATION to ALL of us that THEIR “TRIP” in the Playoffs this year will be A SHORT ONE, without a doubt…

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

GO SPURS!!!
Beno is finished

angel_luv
02-09-2007, 10:28 PM
You know your team is in trouble when that is the type of player who is your last hope. :depressed

Okay, we have got to cheer you up. Believe! :)

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
a trade.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2007, 10:30 PM

:lol I agree.

Bonner gives the Spurs some more hustle and fire, but doesn't really solve any of the pressing problems.

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Bonner gives the Spurs some more hustle and fire, but doesn't really solve any of the pressing problems.

Why must you douse the flickering flame that is our hope/

dg7md
If Matt goddam Bonner is our hero and savior I want to switch teams.

Manu_The _Best
a trade.

Trade WHO? YOU???

Kori Ellis
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Why must you douse the flickering flame that is our hope/

Speaking of flame - can someone please put out that frickin mulch fire?!!?

1Parker1
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Man, I remember those good ol' days when Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, and Stephen Jackson were our last hope :drunk

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Speaking of flame - can someone please put out that frickin mulch fire?!!?

I'll see what I can do.

ShoogarBear
02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
If Matt goddam Bonner is our hero and savior I want to switch teams.You will change your mind when the Great Red Rocket leads us to the promised land.

angel_luv
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
You will change your mind when the Great Red Rocket leads us to the promised land.

To infinity and beyond.

angel_luv
02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Oops wrong hero. :lol

lefty
02-09-2007, 10:43 PM
That would be our last hope :
http://www.sportsnet.ca/images/nba/dal/nowitzki_injured_hor.jpg

JUST KIDDING ; I still believe; as long as Pop doesn't draw important plays for TP...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
:lol

Red Rocket. Why do you have to be like that about Bonner? He's one of the good guys! I just think he's a better alternative to our Small Ball..

but yeah, this is so SAD!

Dirk Nowitzki
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
That would be our last hope :
http://www.sportsnet.ca/images/nba/dal/nowitzki_injured_hor.jpg

JUST KIDDING ; I still believe; as long as Pop doesn't draw important plays for TP...

That is your best chance of beating the Mavs is if something like that happens to Dirk or the 3rd best SF in the West (Howard). :)

Duncanoypi
02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
whats the latest about the red rocket?will he play the next game?

Kori Ellis
02-09-2007, 11:46 PM
whats the latest about the red rocket?will he play the next game?

They expect he'll see some minutes by the end of the road trip.

Trainwreck2100
02-10-2007, 12:11 AM
That is your best chance of beating the Mavs is if something like that happens to Dirk or the 3rd best SF in the West (Howard). :)

If he really was the third best you wouldn't have to put his name in parenthesis

Obstructed_View
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
If he really was the third best you wouldn't have to put his name in parenthesis
If he really was the third best a homer Mavs fan named DIRK NOWITZKI certainly wouldn't have to.

Holt's Cat
02-10-2007, 03:23 AM
My Gawd we are fuwked.

ShoogarBear
02-13-2007, 04:01 PM
http://swg.stratics.com/content/lore/personas/images/yoda.gif
"No, there is another . . . "

ShoogarBear
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Melvin_Ely-arton20954-240x240.jpg

Bruno
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM