PDA

View Full Version : Major Development coming to Stone Oak area.

Buddy Holly
02-10-2007, 01:18 AM
May include a Emeril Lagasse owned restaurant.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/matttwentyeight/parkplace1.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/matttwentyeight/parkplace2.jpg

PM5K
02-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah that's just what they need out there, more shit...

EmerilLagasse
02-10-2007, 06:41 AM
BAM!

AlamoSpursFan
02-10-2007, 07:53 AM
GodDAMN, I'm glad I don't live up that way anymore...

AlamoSpursFan
02-10-2007, 07:56 AM
"There are a quarter-million people in the area with $135,000-plus annual incomes."

Not according to the NFL...

CheapBastard
02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Just another development I'll never visit. Just like the shops at la cantera.

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Too bad a 281 expansion project won't complete until sometime between 2012-2014. Thanks anti-toll road groups and environmentalists.

The project would already be a year in with only one year remaining had they not bitched and moaned about it the first time around.

Best part is, it's still going to be built and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Well, actually there is something, but those douche bags don't have near the support that is needed.

01Snake
02-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info Buddy.

I agree with you Johnsmith. SOMETHING will have to be done to 281 soon as they just keep adding more and more stuff in the area. If you don't want to pay a toll, use the damn access road for free.

KEDA
02-10-2007, 09:47 AM
SWEETNESS!!!!

maybe I can get a job out there!!!!

AlamoSpursFan
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
If you don't want to pay a toll, use the damn access road for free.

What if I'd rather use the overpasses that were already budgeted for?

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 10:08 AM

Bad news chief, that money's gone. There is nothing you can do about that now. It was gone before the word toll was ever muttered out of anyone's mouth.

So unless you want nothing out there until around 2025, keep complaining about the money that was budgeted for those overpasses.

exstatic
02-10-2007, 10:15 AM
You mean the ones that the gas tax, which the asshole politicians are illegally spending on other shit, is supposed to pay for? Yeah, it's the protestors and environmentalists fault. Damn, you toll-trolls must never get to fish. You swallow all the hooks, line and sinkers.

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 10:23 AM
You mean the ones that the gas tax, which the asshole politicians are illegally spending on other shit, is supposed to pay for? Yeah, it's the protestors and environmentalists fault. Damn, you toll-trolls must never get to fish. You swallow all the hooks, line and sinkers.

I promise you I know more about why the first attempt at the job was shut down. Environmentalists got a hold of the contract and noticed (which was pretty fucking obvious), that TxDot (which is the most poorly run agency in the world) decided to do a shitty job on the environmental impact study. This was a bad mistake on TxDot's part because this job as everyone knows will be right over the Edward's Aquafer. So yeah, it is the environmentalist's fault as well as Txdot for getting too cocky.

The job was then cancelled (not delayed) so that a proper environmental impact study could be done. These studies usually take a couple of years. So in those couple of years, the landscape of the area (such as this development) will change and thus, new drawings, new plans, and the job has to be re-bid. Therefore, construction of the new toll road will not start until around 2012.

Oh and by the way, when it's done, it's not as if everyone will be paying a toll immediately. 1604 still needs to begin work before tolling ever begins. A SA driver won't pay a toll until around 2015-2018.

Finally, did you know that one of the items that gas taxes are going towards are the emergency flight for life around the area? While I agree with you that gas taxes have been moved around without voter consent, we can't just rob Peter to pay Paul at this point, we're in too deep into other areas with gas taxes.

I know, I just thought of an alternative that would make it where gas taxes don't have to be raised, other items that are being paid for by gas taxes won't suffer, the road can be built quickly............this is genious, I can't believe I never thought of this before...........you ready for it.................BUILD FUCKING TOLL ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exstatic
02-10-2007, 10:32 AM
The real bad part about a tolled 281 is that Blanco rd. and Bulverde rd. above 1604 will stay as they are. There is a no-compete clause that disallows improvements to nearby roads and highways so that people will use the fucking toll road instead.

02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
The real bad part about a tolled 281 is that Blanco rd. and Bulverde rd. above 1604 will stay as they are. There is a no-compete clause that disallows improvements to nearby roads and highways so that people will use the fucking toll road instead.

Not so, Ex. They just had a meeting in my area about the planned expansion of Blanco to Borgfield (which is sorely needed).

One thing about the planned hotel deal I don't get is that with all the construction and access being for shit for a number of years, why build it now?

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Not so, Ex. They just had a meeting in my area about the planned expansion of Blanco to Borgfield (which is sorely needed).

One thing about the planned hotel deal I don't get is that with all the construction and access being for shit for a number of years, why build it now?

They're building on the assumption (of which is correct) that the roads will be improved.

Trainwreck2100
02-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Why'd they build all that other shit?

T Park
02-10-2007, 01:01 PM
how about they use our tax dollars to build roads instead of social services bullshit.

Use tax dollars to fund road projects.

Novel idea.

01Snake
02-10-2007, 01:15 PM

Anymore details on this? I'd assume the expansion of Blanco will run from 1604 out to Borgfield Rd, correct? Any idea when they are going to start the project?

02-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Anymore details on this? I'd assume the expansion of Blanco will run from 1604 out to Borgfield Rd, correct? Any idea when they are going to start the project?

They had the meeting late last month in the neighborhood (That church off Wilderness Oak). I didn't make it, but our HOA president did. He still owes me the minutes. From what I understand, it'll widen Blanco to 4 lanes from where it necks down between 1604 and Huebner and carry it on the Borgfield.

As soon as I get the minutes I'll post them.

braeden0613
02-10-2007, 02:23 PM
everyone is so anti-everything new around here...this isnt a bad thing

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 02:25 PM
everyone is so anti-everything new around here...this isnt a bad thing

Exactly. I'm tired of the "we like our small town atmosphere" bull shit. Bad news, you don't live in a fucking small town anymore. If it bothers you so much that your city is growing, leave.

spurschick
02-10-2007, 02:32 PM
From what I understand, it'll widen Blanco to 4 lanes from where it necks down between 1604 and Huebner and carry it on the Borgfield.

Halle-fuckin-lujah! If I leave my house in the morning before 6:30am or after 9:00am, I'm fine. If I leave anywhere in between, it takes around a half-hour just to get from my front gate to Huebner. It's ridiculous. They're clearing quite a bit of land at the Blanco/Huebner area for retail and a sign went up for a Mexican restaurant right next to the Mays YMCA, so I figured a widening of the road wasn't far behind.

braeden0613
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Exactly. I'm tired of the "we like our small town atmosphere" bull shit. Bad news, you don't live in a fucking small town anymore. If it bothers you so much that your city is growing, leave.
Yeah, if we had it like alot of people around here seem to want it, we would be a small traders outpost on the Mexican border with no shopping centers and heaven forbid any construction over the recharge zone. And no white people! And no modern conveniences either, we want to live in shacks on the southside.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-10-2007, 02:50 PM
They had the meeting late last month in the neighborhood (That church off Wilderness Oak). I didn't make it, but our HOA president did. He still owes me the minutes. From what I understand, it'll widen Blanco to 4 lanes from where it necks down between 1604 and Huebner and carry it on the Borgfield.

As soon as I get the minutes I'll post them.

I could stand in my backyard and hit that Church's parking lot with a football.:lol

01Snake
02-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Halle-fuckin-lujah! If I leave my house in the morning before 6:30am or after 9:00am, I'm fine. If I leave anywhere in between, it takes around a half-hour just to get from my front gate to Huebner. It's ridiculous. They're clearing quite a bit of land at the Blanco/Huebner area for retail and a sign went up for a Mexican restaurant right next to the Mays YMCA, so I figured a widening of the road wasn't far behind.

AMEN! The traffic times you mentioned are to the tee. Its a joke. I hate the traffic that the YMCA produces as well.

Funny, I just saw that sign for the mexican restaurant a few days ago too. I'm sure more businesses won't be far behind.

davi78239
02-10-2007, 04:59 PM

A-fucken MEN!!! I'm sick of that shit too. People talking about "oh, we don't want another Houston or Dallas". Well, whether you want it or not, it's gonna happen and it is already. The bigger the city gets, the more ammenities and advancements come with it. If you stay small, you ain't going nowhere and then people will bitch and complain why we don't have this or that in SA. I know the traffic gonna get even worse, but oh well. That's part of growth and if people don't like, move out to the fucken country!

ididnotnothat
02-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't like it and I ain't going anywhere. There ain't no law against bitching about the growth and congestion in that area. I'll take small town USA over the big city any damn day of the week.
If you all don't like the small town feel of SA why don't YOU move to a big city.

davi78239
02-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't like it and I ain't going anywhere. There ain't no law against bitching about the growth and congestion in that area. I'll take small town USA over the big city any damn day of the week.
If you all don't like the small town feel of SA why don't YOU move to a big city.

We don't have to because it's coming to us!

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 05:30 PM

That's our point, this isn't a small town, nor does it feel like a small town, so quit living in denial.

ididnotnothat
02-10-2007, 05:38 PM
That's our point, this isn't a small town, nor does it feel like a small town, so quit living in denial.

It does to me. Perhaps you are in denial?

ididnotnothat
02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
My point is you all are saying if you don't like the big city then we should leave. My point is that if YOU want a big city why don't YOU leave? Works both ways don't you think? Nobody says you can't move to Dallas or Houston.

But I agree that progress, good or bad, cannot be stopped unless the people want it to. Some people want to stop Wal-Mart and have successful but I know the area around Stone Oak WANTS the big developments and fancy stores. I just don't need them.

johnsmith
02-10-2007, 06:00 PM
My point is you all are saying if you don't like the big city then we should leave. My point is that if YOU want a big city why don't YOU leave? Works both ways don't you think? Nobody says you can't move to Dallas or Houston.

But I agree that progress, good or bad, cannot be stopped unless the people want it to. Some people want to stop Wal-Mart and have successful but I know the area around Stone Oak WANTS the big developments and fancy stores. I just don't need them.

I agree with your piont that it indeed does work both ways, however, in this instance, the city is growing. It will continue to grow for a long time as well. Accept it, or don't and find a real small town. I hear there are plenty of them in West Texas.

02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree with your piont that it indeed does work both ways, however, in this instance, the city is growing. It will continue to grow for a long time as well. Accept it, or don't and find a real small town. I hear there are plenty of them in West Texas.

No doubt the city is growing, I just wish it would grow somewhere else than 281/1604.

Buddy Holly
02-10-2007, 06:52 PM
No doubt the city is growing, I just wish it would grow somewhere else than 281/1604.

It is, the 281/1604 area is probably the third or fourth fastest growing area in SA. The far west sector is the fastest growing area.

02-10-2007, 07:08 PM
It is, the 281/1604 area is probably the third or fourth fastest growing area in SA. The far west sector is the fastest growing area.

Well, hopefully some of the traffic woes will head that way as well.

/Get off my lawn

Buddy Holly
02-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Speaking of toll roads, if everything goes as planned construction will begin next year.

Buddy Holly
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM

They are. Have you ever driven Potranco from 1604 to 151 at 6 pm?

02-10-2007, 07:16 PM
They are. Have you ever driven Potranco from 1604 to 151 at 6 pm?

No, but since it takes me 20+ minutes to get from the intersection of 1604/Stone Oak Parkway to Knights Cross at 6:00 in the evening, relief can't come soon enough.

2Blonde
02-10-2007, 08:48 PM

/Get off my lawn

I'm trying, I'm trying. :lol We just listed our house yesterday. Had our first showing today. I have to say I sure won't miss the Blanco traffic nightmare. After 7 years of watching it go from nothing to gridlock, I can hardly wait to escape it. But then in the new home I'll just have to deal with 281/1604 traffic when ever I come into town from Spring Branch/ Canyon Lake area. But at least I'll have more than an acre to go home to and get away from it all. :spin

Mark in Austin
02-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I promise you I know more about why the first attempt at the job was shut down. Environmentalists got a hold of the contract and noticed (which was pretty fucking obvious), that TxDot (which is the most poorly run agency in the world) decided to do a shitty job on the environmental impact study. This was a bad mistake on TxDot's part because this job as everyone knows will be right over the Edward's Aquafer. So yeah, it is the environmentalist's fault as well as Txdot for getting too cocky.

Yeah, the nerve of those wacky enviros to insist TXDOT follow the rules over the aquifer. So how is this the environmentalists fault? TXDOT didn't follow regulations. The only party guilty of delaying the project is TXDOT for either intentionally violating edwards aquifer rules or being so fucking incompetant that they don't know how to comply with them.

Finally, did you know that one of the items that gas taxes are going towards are the emergency flight for life around the area? While I agree with you that gas taxes have been moved around without voter consent, we can't just rob Peter to pay Paul at this point, we're in too deep into other areas with gas taxes.

So it is past time to take responsibility for our actions and fund non-road needs with cuts in other areas or higher taxes. The gas tax is for roads.

I know, I just thought of an alternative that would make it where gas taxes don't have to be raised, other items that are being paid for by gas taxes won't suffer, the road can be built quickly............this is genious, I can't believe I never thought of this before...........you ready for it.................BUILD FUCKING TOLL ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, you could make the developers who are right now being subsidized with free roads (and who are generating a huge chunk of the added traffic that is leading to the toll road debate) to pay the true costs associated with their development, and link the gas tax to inflation. Two pretty reasonable actions.

KEDA
02-11-2007, 01:39 AM
I'm trying, I'm trying. :lol We just listed our house yesterday. Had our first showing today. I have to say I sure won't miss the Blanco traffic nightmare. After 7 years of watching it go from nothing to gridlock, I can hardly wait to escape it. But then in the new home I'll just have to deal with 281/1604 traffic when ever I come into town from Spring Branch/ Canyon Lake area. But at least I'll have more than an acre to go home to and get away from it all. :spin

welcome to my world!!!

looks like we might be neighbors

young_prosecutor
02-11-2007, 04:53 AM
you may be my neighbor too! LOL

Mr Dio
02-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Is the sign for the new Perico's?

johnsmith
02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Speaking of toll roads, if everything goes as planned construction will begin next year.

It won't start next year.

At least last time I looked into it, I'll find out on Monday the "projected" start date.

I do know they haven't finished the impact study as of yet.

01Snake
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM

Not sure of you are talking about the new sign for a Mexican restaurant metion above but no, its not for Percio's. This sign is on Blanco just past Wilderness Oaks. Next to the YMCA.

spurschick
02-11-2007, 05:02 PM

The new Perico's is going to be over by the new Lifetime Fitness. This other Mexican restaurant is right next to the Mays Y on Blanco.

johnsmith
02-11-2007, 06:16 PM
what does ?progress? have to do with san antonio's population growth? it's not like SA is one of the biggest 5 or 10 cities in the world and this can be considered objectively as an experiment to see how many people can live comfortably in one place

Ok

txallstar
02-12-2007, 12:39 AM
yeah sa is growing and becoming a great city, yeah more shops cant wait for more urban sprawl in the 281n area, never mind building up. more home depots more hotels, more walmarts, barnes n noble, best buy, circuit city, cant wait. our city is evovling into maid jobs,cashiers, and sales associates. great work shedding our small town atmosphere.

txdot will do shit the way they want, they are private company, not a government agency. since the state gov doesnt have to put anything to a vote, whatever they want to happen will happen.

Buddy Holly
02-12-2007, 01:00 AM
txdot will do shit the way they want, they are private company, not a government agency. since the state gov doesnt have to put anything to a vote, whatever they want to happen will happen.

:wtf

txallstar
02-12-2007, 01:42 AM
just meant a txdot is a private company hired by the state for the road constuction plus in tx we dont have the voting referendum i believe it's called. issues dont have to be put to a vote. tolls are gonna get done like it or not. unless as tx citizens some how change the voting law.