PDA

View Full Version : How good is Dallas? How bad is SA Spurs?

Manu_The _Best
02-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I happened to watch last night how Dallas dismantled the Rockets by 20+++ points, going 41-9 in the season, and showing to the entire NBA that is a CLASS-level above everyone else…If the Mavericks didn’t lose the first 4 games of the season, they would’ve gone for a new NBA record for “W-s” in a season – this is how good they are right now…The Spurs CANNOT fool themselves –they are hundreds of MILES away from the Mavericks – unfortunately since last year, the Spurs team has gone to a BIG regression; Dallas headed in the opposite direction - improvement in all categories and spending more and more money $$$ to win it all. In today’s NBA, Holt, R.C. and Popovich need to understand that if you want to win a title, you either have to spend $$$ or draft young talented College players. They didn’t do either of those and found themselves in a BIG HOLE…If you are 34+ y.old player with 12+ years NBA experience and make LESS THAN $1,000,000 per year, you are a great prospect of G. Popovich and the Spurs. How great is this, eh? Young players don’t get the chance to play for the Spurs – Beno was “sitting” for over 2 seasons and burned out, and finally couldn't deliver this year - a little too late to put him in the team's regular roster – Popovich missed the opportunity to get the best out of him early and the only logical solution right now is a trade or exit. The same thing will happen with C. Butler (he will exit the team the same way Beno is about to do...), who is basically sitting the entire season(WHY???) – how would you expect a player to show you something going forward if you don’t give him a chance to play from the beginning? It is so STUPID!!!

Going back to the game last night vs. Orlando, If our OLD DONKEYS had 5 days rest yesterday (like they had vs. Washington the other day), they would never let Orlando back in the game, but with 1 day rest only, the OLD Spurs were outran and outplayed in the 2nd half by allowing 58 pts (!!!) and over 50% FG shooting – OLD, OLD and OLD…Even Barry and Finley couldn’t help – they both couldn’t play any better(!!!?), they were simply fantastic!!! It shows you clearly the STUPIDITY and the CHAOS of the Spurs Management – they couldn’t care LESS for the Fans (and their hard earned money, spent to watch the agony of this OLD team!) and the players, who carry the Spurs all season. Do you trade to make this team better? NO. Trade is NOT the answer – ASK HOLT to OPEN HIS DEEP POCKETS and BUY straight up a quality backup PG and a shot blocker to help this team reaching the next level…The same way Cuban did...I REFUSE to drive my nerves down to the ground with this “UP" and "DOWN" team in a daily basis, I REFUSE to spend my hard earned money on tickets and traveling and get NOTHING in return until I see Holt opening his pockets and improving the ROSTER - This year Holt, R.C., Popovich and Co. “assembled” the worse squad the Spurs ever had in the Tim Duncan’s era…SHAME ON YOU POPOVICH! SHAME ON YOU MANAGEMENT! SHAME ON YOU HOLT!!!

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

Beno is finished

RC's Boss
02-10-2007, 09:42 AM
All our games this season have been pretty tight. Dallas is playing at their peak right now, and I don't feel they have another notch to kick it up to. SA is not paking right now (not to say they will before the season ends). As long as I see some improvement (Finley's play over the past 2 wks., Tim going insane) I unlike most posters, don't think we lag that far behind at this point of the season. Come playoff time, it's either way IMO. Both teams are good. One relys on youth, athleticism, and good coaching... The other relys on vets, good ball movement, and good coaching. We'll be right there.

RC's Boss
02-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes our bench is older than the Mavs, but it's not like they're geriatric. Calm down! Age has nothing to do w/ intensity and focus... Actually they SHOULD be better at it.

LEONARD
02-10-2007, 09:50 AM
The 16-0 run in a 2:30 span against the Rockettes last night in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty... :fro

Manu_The _Best
02-10-2007, 09:51 AM
The 16-0 run in a 2:30 span against the Rockettes last night in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty... :fro

I saw it - the Mavericks were simply flying...

BUMP
02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Dallas spending more and more money $$$ to win it all.

but unlike years past where we got guys that didnt fill any position we are getting good role players and veterans who can help in the playoffs. in the past if Nash, Finley, or Dirk have a bad game than we would lose. now if howard is getting frustrated, you can put in George to try and give you a spark. if Stack is having a bad game, you can try Buckner to give you a spark. and you dont lose much when you make subs like that. more options

Manu_The _Best
02-10-2007, 10:07 AM
but unlike years past where we got guys that didnt fill any position we are getting good role players and veterans who can help in the playoffs. in the past if Nash, Finley, or Dirk have a bad game than we would lose. now if howard is getting frustrated, you can put in George to try and give you a spark. if Stack is having a bad game, you can try Buckner to give you a spark. and you dont lose much when you make subs like that. more options

true - the Mavs improved the roster this year, as I said, the Spurs were simply watching...

wildbill2u
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
In the West, Mavs, Suns on one level in that order with Jazz Spurs and maybe Lakers in the second tier. Rockets will be in second tier when Yao returns.

leemajors
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
how many times are you gonna post this bullshit?

RC's Boss
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
While the record doesn't indicate it, I think we beat the Suns in 6 games NOW. Dallas may win but ALL games would be nail biters. Now by the time the playoffs roll around, things may be different. Regardless of what most think, there's no clear cut favorite to win it all.

Manu_The _Best
02-10-2007, 10:31 AM

??? :nope :nope :nope ??? :downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

ArgSpursFan
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I still think that,eventhough our bench sucks and we haven´t improved our roster,it´s gonna come down to one good play(eather on the Defensive or Offensive end)in the finals seconds of a game 6 or 7,for the Suns or the mavs to eather beat or loose to the spurs.
We´ll see what happens,may be this year Dirk,or Someone else makes a bad faul,or turns the ball over at the end of a game 6 or 7,and we end up winning the series.

Manu_The _Best
02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I still think that,eventhough our bench sucks and we haven´t improved our roster,it´s gonna come down to one good play(eather on the Defensive or Offensive end)in the finals seconds of a game 6 or 7,for the Suns or the mavs to eather beat or loose to the spurs.
We´ll see what happens,may be this year Dirk,or Someone else make a bad faul at the end of a game 6 or 7,and we end up winning the series.

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT, but I doubt it...

mabber
02-10-2007, 11:06 AM
All our games this season have been pretty tight. Dallas is playing at their peak right now, and I don't feel they have another notch to kick it up to. SA is not paking right now (not to say they will before the season ends). As long as I see some improvement (Finley's play over the past 2 wks., Tim going insane) I unlike most posters, don't think we lag that far behind at this point of the season. Come playoff time, it's either way IMO. Both teams are good. One relys on youth, athleticism, and good coaching... The other relys on vets, good ball movement, and good coaching. We'll be right there.

Mavs have been playing like shit the last 2 weeks. They've played tight games against subpar teams. Houston was the first decent team they've played in awhile and they kicked it up a notch big time. They've been so bored lately that getting to play Houston was enjoyable to them. To say that the Mavs are peaking right now is a complete joke. They're just cruising along trying to keep winning games. They played their best ball in December/January and hopefully will get back to that level come playoff time.

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
dude spurs suck period.

Manu_The _Best
02-10-2007, 11:28 AM
dude spurs suck period.

AGREE

Bruno
02-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Between Mavs' troll who hijacks each thread, bandwagonner and poster who always post the same thing ( X sucks, Spurs are done...) : Spurstalk has reached an all time low quality level lately.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2007, 11:56 AM
You've posted this same post four times since last night after I asked you not to do keep doing it.

I think you need a break from the forum.