PDA

View Full Version : Barry + Fins combo last night

Fabbs
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
15-22 fgs and 7-11 on treys. What 85% FGA?
Finally they are shooting well in the same game.
Up 18 early third.
And we lose.

Because they both suck at D?

Or because Pop left Barry on Jameer most of his 16 point run?
Or neither, nothing but props for Jameer, he would have hit those vs anybody?

1Parker1
02-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Lack of defense on Barry's part. Lack of a useful Center who can rebound and defend causing us to go small ball with Finley. Poor substitution patterns by Pop.

I feel like a broken record. This is the tale of the Spurs season.

angel_luv
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Lack of defense on Barry's part. Lack of a useful Center who can rebound and defend* causing us to go small ball with Finley. Poor substitution patterns by Pop.

I feel like a broken record. This is the tale of the Spurs season.

*I.e Rasho.

Extra Stout
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Unless Pop wants to go with a six-man rotation the rest of year, he is going to have to use bad players.

angel_luv
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
This is my opinion, take it or leave it.

The Spurs front office wanted to be cheap and now the Spurs are paying the price.
I think it is a real shame and really unfair to the guys currently on our roster.
I feel like they are having to overcome being set up to fail.

Budkin
02-10-2007, 02:24 PM

The Spurs front office wanted to be cheap and now the Spurs are paying the price.
I think it is a real shame and really unfair to the guys currently on our roster.

Wow even Angel has seen enough! This is truly a sign that all is not well in Spursland.

1Parker1
02-10-2007, 02:29 PM

You're right. I wouldn't be so mad at the Spurs losing if I didn't feel like the talent of our Big 3 (and Bowen) was being wasted when the Spurs knew this offseason that they had a lot of holes to fill. Tim Duncan is 30 years old, Manu is going to be 30 also. How long do the Spurs management think they will continue playing at this level? Especially since every season they always go deep into the playoffs. How does a championship level team, not have a quality/useful draft player since Ginobili? All the others are stashed away abroad, completely unuseful and untradeable. Beno sucks so he doesn't count.

The problem is you can see that this team is good, very good. But they aren't going anywhere until their missing pieces (Center, back up PG, Athletic swingman) are addressed.

whottt
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I blame the guys that bricked all the FreeThrows at the end of the game...and Pop for having them on the court to do so.

Trifecta
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM

WOW Angel -- you feelin' alright! Comin' down on the Spurs front office!

I agree with ya' -- cheap front office is payin' the piper now!

whottt
02-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Perhaps if Finley or Barry had been on the court instead of Bowen who missed 2 FT's...

gtownspur
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
*I.e Rasho.

Rasho blows tripas.

rayray2k8
02-10-2007, 02:37 PM
So you're saying that Rasho would of solved the spurs problems??
I'm sorry but theres more to it than just that!
Your hero is in toronto.. For a reason.
Regardless of what you think about the spurs organization, Rasho was overpaid. (Even though he took a pay cut)
His size didnt equal his value.
Go root for the Craptors.

Slinkyman
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Lack of a useful Center who can rebound and defend

two things rasho ain't.

angel_luv
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow even Angel has seen enough! This is truly a sign that all is not well in Spursland.

I am still with the team- I love my Spurs.
I just hate to see them struggling in areas I think were preventable.

angel_luv
02-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm not going to debate Rasho with you guys. All you critics are all entitled to your wrong opinion about him. :lol

Big Shot Rob
02-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Angel--is that a picture of you?

Kori Ellis
02-10-2007, 03:12 PM
*I.e Rasho.

Rasho couldn't rebound in San Antonio. He was a horrible rebounder last year - worse than Elson/Oberto.

Kori Ellis
02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Perhaps if Finley or Barry had been on the court instead of Bowen who missed 2 FT's...

What was weird was Pop pulled Barry and replaced him with Bowen right before that OFFENSIVE possession.

It didn't make sense.

But oh well, Spurs shouldn't have let the big lead slip away anyway.

doldrums
02-10-2007, 03:25 PM
not bowen's best game. Hopefully other gm's noticed Barry's points and didn't see how he played D

Kori Ellis
02-10-2007, 03:26 PM
not bowen's best game. Hopefully other gm's noticed Barry's points and didn't see how he played D

Bowen actually played awesome D last night against Hedo and Bogans. But Manu, TP and especially Barry weren't good defensively.

angel_luv
02-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Angel--is that a picture of you?

Yes, tis me. :)

whottt
02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
What was weird was Pop pulled Barry and replaced him with Bowen right before that OFFENSIVE possession.

It didn't make sense.

But oh well, Spurs shouldn't have let the big lead slip away anyway.

I hope you aren't questioning Pop almighty Mrs. Ellis...

I mean how could anyone have foreseen that was a situation in which the Magic could capitalize on missed FT's and that Bowen is a lousy FT shooter.

Defense is always more important than offense, even on offensive posessions...

Additionally, every other team in the NBA has 9 men on the All NBA D team...only the Spurs lack such players, and Barry and Finley are the only 2 players in the NBA that don't play D, and we all know it's impossible to win a game without 5 men on the All NBA D team on the floor at all times, thus the justification for Pop's all D lineups.

Trust Pop.

SpursFanInAustin
02-10-2007, 05:43 PM
*I.e Rasho.

I.E. Nazr cause Nazr > Rasho at rebounding, as well as offense ;)

rayray2k8
02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Rasho couldn't rebound in San Antonio. He was a horrible rebounder last year - worse than Elson/Oberto.
Damn that's gotta hurt hearing kori say that huh Rasho fans??

Que Gee
02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I blame the guys that bricked all the FreeThrows at the end of the game...and Pop for having them on the court to do so.

Absofuckinglutely!

He actually pulled Barry for Bowen coming out of the time out, and Bowen promptly bricked two free throws...if they were coming out of the time out on defense, I can see the sub, but coming out to an offensive set....fucking stupid.

Worst substitution of the whole game, and all people wanted to do was talk about Barry letting Jameer Nelson go off, like he lost the game for them. Classic.
:clap

wildbill2u
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Bowen actually played awesome D last night against Hedo and Bogans. But Manu, TP and especially Barry weren't good defensively.
Strange, because he only played 17 minutes against their combined 39 minutes according to the box in the Express online today.

wildbill2u
02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Why wasn't Bowen, our premier defender and lock down stopper, on Nelson?

If you look at the box, they played small ball against us with Arroyo, Nelson, and Reddick all logging 30 + minutes.