PDA

View Full Version : Alright, after today, if I see one more projected bracket that...

K-State Spur
02-10-2007, 08:15 PM
has Texas Tech in and K-State out, I'm gonna break the internet.

dallaskd
02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
k-state is in. no question. tech is a question mark, they have had some big wins but alot of bad losses. although most have been close like todays vs OSU.

K-State Spur
02-11-2007, 01:05 AM
k-state is in. no question. tech is a question mark, they have had some big wins but alot of bad losses. although most have been close like todays vs OSU.

I wouldn't say that quite yet, still some business to take care of. The Cats have 7 conference wins as of today. They figure to be favorites in 3 of their remaining match-ups (@ Colorado, vs. Iowa State, vs. Oklahoma). Win those 3 and it's 10 wins - which probably puts them in, but not assured. @ Nebraska they will probably be underdogs, but that is a very winnable game. @ Okie State will be tough, but their game at tejas was probably harder and they won that. Haven't beaten KU at home since '83, but it's not impossible unless the hawks play their 'A' game again.

I'm just sick of seeing the Cats in the "Last 4 out" in a couple of polls and Texas Tech being comfortably in the same polls. I know that the Raiders beat K-State, but the Cats are now a full 3 games ahead of them in the standings.

MajorMike
02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
You are right on one thing, tho. No one else believes Huggy Bear is of questionable character or recruits thugs but me.

http://i.a.cnn.net./si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702/missedit0209/images/incase6.jpg

K-State Spur
02-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Don't recall saying that you were the only one thought that. By the way, whose car is this?

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/02/13/in-sutton-car.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Spare us CaptMike. Everyone knows Thuggins is dirty. But he'll be in the dance in March.

GhostBusters2PCGame
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree

K-State Spur
02-11-2007, 02:23 PM
In what way is he dirty? Saying that he recruited kids of questionable character is a fair complaint. Calling him dirty? He's had less trouble with the NCAA than 'class acts' like Roy Williams and Rick Majerus.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 04:10 PM
In what way is he dirty? Saying that he recruited kids of questionable character is a fair complaint. Calling him dirty? He's had less trouble with the NCAA than 'class acts' like Roy Williams and Rick Majerus.

:rolleyes

Go look at his graduation rates while at Cinci. Not to mention when the NCAA turned up the heat, he basically walked away from the program to get out of dodge before he got busted. Basically, same situation as Kelvin Sampson, but Sampson wasn't smart enough to not get caught.

And I guess your perspective is that seeings most of them have verballed or already signed to play at KState, it was okay for him to be running around recruiting without any thought for NCAA visit and contact limitations because he wasn't a coach at a school. That's been pretty damn thoroughly documented at this point, regarding kids like Bill Walker.

Like I said, he's a thug and a cheat, but he'll be in the tourney this year.

K-State Spur
02-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow, you didn't pay attention to that situation at all did you? walked away? he was pushed out. he loved cincy and their fans loved (still love) him. if he was looking to get out of there, he would have taken the west virginia job (his alma mater) when it went to beilein.

when did the ncaa turn up the heat?????? he's only been cited for one violation (lack of institutional control) and that was in the late 90s.

The way NCAA calculates grad rates is a complete joke. When Huggins was at cincy, transfers out and guys who left early for the NBA counted against you. You have to graduate in 5 years to get counted, if takes a player an extra semester due to changing his major or whatnot, according to the NCAA, he might as well have dropped out. And Junior college players who graduate do not count. (I'm not saying Huggins cares the most about academics, but let's be honest, that just puts him in the same boat as the 90% of the rest of the coaches in NCAA. I could tell you numerous stories about how little Franchione thought of academia when he was at Pittsburg State).

Yes, he recruited without limitations while out of a job. Says a hell of a lot about the guy that he was able to land Bill Walker basically without a school for him to play for. Not having a team to recruit to is a much bigger disadvantage than not having to deal with NCAA limitations is an advantage.

there are legitimate criticisms of huggins, but people tend to ignore those and regurgitate the same BS.

dallaskd
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I dont see how you can put Texas in the tourney and not K-state.