PDA

View Full Version : Ins

CharlieBrown
02-10-2007, 10:14 PM
DID YOU KNOW THAT PRESIDENTS HOOVER & EISENHOWER DEPORTED MILLIONS OF ILLEGALS SO AMERICANS COULD HAVE JOBS? Howdy, here is something to pass around. I did not know of this until it was pointed out to me. Back during the great depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the deportation of all illegal aliens in order to make the jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work. And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 1.3 million Mexican nationals (called operation "Wetback") in order that returning American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs. It took 2 years, but they deported them. If they could deport the illegal's back then, they can sure do it today!! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, just type Operation Wetback into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself. Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes..... 12 million illegal aliens are depending on you

Maybe today should take a lesson in yesterday.

mookie2001
02-10-2007, 10:29 PM
...in the constitution it says all the states must be protected from invasion, Bush hasnt done it

income taxes only go to pay the interest on the national debt, nothing else, maybe you should take a lesson from the constitution and not pay income taxes then

01Snake
02-10-2007, 10:34 PM
...in the constitution it says all the states must be protected from invasion, Bush hasnt done it

And you think the Demo's are going to be any different? :lol

ChumpDumper
02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Is there a shortage of jobs I don't know about?

mookie2001
02-10-2007, 10:46 PM
good one im always in here proping democrats

exstatic
02-10-2007, 10:48 PM
There are jobs in that Armour meat plant in N. Texas. Supposedly, they pay between $11 and $12 per hour. They can't fill them. The only ones that wanted them were illegals, because it's grody work.

Holt's Cat
02-10-2007, 11:29 PM
You'd think illegals were taking over $80K a year desk jobs. They're not. They endure a lot to come to this country and work shit jobs for shit pay with no legal protections. I really wish I'd stop hearing about how the evil 'illegal' boogeyman is forcing Americans to lose their jobs. You know what is? Being too good to do certain kinds of work. Anyways, the entire premise is rather rich. Many of your forebears came to this country with nothing looking for opportunity. They endured plenty of crap from those already here because they were Irish or Italian or something other than what came over on the Mayflower. Now you are doing the same thing. Fuck you.

Holt's Cat
02-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Before I forget, it's kind of amusing that some Americans, having the benefit of growing up in the most prosperous nation the world has ever known, feel afraid that they can't compete with the poor sons and daughters of Mexico and points further south in the workplace.

smeagol
02-11-2007, 12:02 AM
You'd think illegals were taking over $80K a year desk jobs. They're not. They endure a lot to come to this country and work shit jobs for shit pay with no legal protections. I really wish I'd stop hearing about how the evil 'illegal' boogeyman is forcing Americans to lose their jobs. You know what is? Being too good to do certain kinds of work. Anyways, the entire premise is rather rich. Many of your forebears came to this country with nothing looking for opportunity. They endured plenty of crap from those already here because they were Irish or Italian or something other than what came over on the Mayflower. Now you are doing the same thing. Fuck you.

What ^ he said.

BradLohaus
02-13-2007, 03:24 AM
There are jobs in that Armour meat plant in N. Texas. Supposedly, they pay between $11 and $12 per hour. They can't fill them. The only ones that wanted them were illegals, because it's grody work.

If they can't fill them at $12 per hour then they need to raise the wage rate. The jobs will eventually be filled by Americans or legal immigrants.

They endure a lot to come to this country and work shit jobs for shit pay with no legal protections. I really wish I'd stop hearing about how the evil 'illegal' boogeyman is forcing Americans to lose their jobs. You know what is? Being too good to do certain kinds of work...Before I forget, it's kind of amusing that some Americans, having the benefit of growing up in the most prosperous nation the world has ever known, feel afraid that they can't compete with the poor sons and daughters of Mexico and points further south in the workplace.

I see your point. Blaming the illegal immigrants themselves in this matter is wrong and pointless. They are simply doing the same thing that all people on earth are: trying to make a better life for themselves and their families.

But it's always important to keep one thing in mind when people say things like, "the illegal immigrants are only taking jobs that Americans won't do." That is a half truth. People who say things like that leave out one thing: "the illegal immigrants are only taking jobs that Americans won't do at that wage" That phrase changes everything. There are alot of jobs I wouldn't do for $12 an hour. Change that to $120 an hour and it's a different story. That's an exaggerated point but you get the idea.

One thing is for certain in this immigration labor debate: If the doors to the American blue-collar labor market are thrown wide-open, then the undocumented workers from south of the border will not see their wages increase significantly for a long, long time, because as soon as they become more expensive to their employers they will be replaced by immigrants from elsewhere in the world. There is no shortage of Asian and African workers who are willing to do the jobs that the illegal immigrants of Latin America are willing to do, and for alot less. All it will take is a stroke of a legislative pen and they will be competing directly against the current hispanic workers. If the American government isn't willing to protect the labor of its own citizens from the competition of cheaper, often illegal, immigrant labor then you can be certain that it won't be willing to protect those same immigrants' labor from even cheaper immigrants' labor.

So, the American labor market must be closed to illegal immigrant labor for the same reason that unions and minimum wage laws are necessary: to give the supply side of the labor market some strength. If you throw open the borders to all the workers of the world then you might as well get rid of labor unions and minimum wage laws, because the same outcome will occur: the demand side of the labor market (mainly the large corporations) will have 100% of the power, and the middle class in America will start to vanish, just as there wasn't much of one to speak of before the supply side had any power.

For the real power players at least, this matter is not about race or class or anything like that. It's about money and power as always, and in this case it's about seizing control of the labor market by getting as much price-setting power in the American blue-collar labor market as possibe. You can be sure that the white-collar market will come next as soon as it is technologically feasible.

gtownspur
02-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Immigration drives down wages and keeps the rich rich and the poor poor.

How bout that putas.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Except for the fact we're running at about full employment right now, we should send all the illegals back.

BradLohaus
02-13-2007, 04:44 AM
We won't always be running at full employment. The illegal portion of the labor force won't disappear when the inevitable next recession comes.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 04:51 AM
So would it not make sense to have a more dynamic immigration policy to reflect these conditions?

BradLohaus
02-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Like what? What's more dynamic than letting everyone in who wants to come in?

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 04:56 AM
That's not dynamic at all.

BradLohaus
02-13-2007, 04:58 AM
Enlighten me. You mean complete free movement across North America?

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Absolutely not. Sometimes the US needs foreign labor, sometimes it doesn't. It's silly to pretend otherwise.

BradLohaus
02-13-2007, 05:15 AM
I'd agree with that, but it's important to note that historically, the foreign labor tends to come in bunches until the government intervenes and slows it, instead of the slow, steady inflow of foreign labor that would be most beneficial to the U.S. economy, which would of course have to be legal by definition. But what is the dynamic immigration policy that you have in mind?

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 05:28 AM
But what is the dynamic immigration policy that you have in mind?Pretty much what you described that would be most beneficial to the economy, though there are times, often predictable times that certain sectors need more labor. It certainly has everything to do with being able to control the borders and track the workers, but once that is achieved there is all kinds of things that could be tried.

BradLohaus
02-13-2007, 05:39 AM
Allowing legal immigrants into the U.S. to supply labor to booming markets has worked well for us I'd say, so that sounds okay to me. But it has to be restricted and it has to be at some sort of predictable rate so that the American worker is still favored in his own country over the foreign worker.