PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline

DR WU
02-10-2007, 10:35 PM
The Spurs will make some kind of trade before the deadline but I find it hard to believe that it will be for anyone who could possibly make a difference in our season.

First of all, as it has already been stated on this board, we have very little to offer any other team. Barry acts like the "little brother" who's had his ass wupped one to many times. His only job is to shoot threes and half the time (especially at crunchtime) he defers to Bowen or some other deadwood.

Then there's Beno, Udrih couldn't impact a DLeague game. I said when they drafted Vaughn this year, that now we have three point guards: one that won't pass, one that can't dribble, and the other can't shoot...how's that for a diversified bench?

We need a new backup point guard desperately. There is no way Jacque Vaughn can take us through the playoffs. Even worse than that, we need new SF, and we have ever since Jacks left. I realize Stephen Jackson wasn't a three but he played like one and wasn't afraid to knock down the big shot.

That brings us to the greater problem, Spurs management is so tight their anus plays like a reed insturment. Seriously, these cheap bastards have gotten away with so little for so long, they now believe that they can do anything for nothing. They've been lucky with Tony and Manu but with limited draft picks and no developmental prospects on the horizon, it's time to
pay the fiddler. Good luck!

Only Fin and the big three will be under contract next year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Pop and RC have to ride it out (one more year) knowing they were so close...yet, so far away.

E20
02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I don't get it why Barry get so much trade talk thrown at him, while Finley doesn't get anything said to him. Finely has been sucking more than Barry this year, if you're gonna trade somebody trade Finely.

Is it because of Finely's two good games against Dallas last year in the WCSF?

Kori Ellis
02-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Only Fin and the big three will be under contract next year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Pop and RC have to ride it out (one more year) knowing they were so close...yet, so far away.

Do you mean next year ... in 2007-08? Fin, the Big 3, Oberto, Horry, Bruce (team option), Elson, Beno, JWhite (team option) and Butler are under contract.

The following season, just The Big 3 plus Butler.

exstatic
02-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Yawn. Another Spurs management is cheap thread.

Only Fin and the big three will be under contract next year...
What? Almost everyone is under contract next year. The year AFTER is where everyone comes off the books. Summer '08 only Tim, Tony, Manu and Butler (team option) are on the books.

Solid D
02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
The Spurs will make some kind of trade before the deadline...

Is your full name DR JONATHAN CHOW WU?

Holt's Cat
02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Yawn. Another Spurs management is cheap thread.

...read as I watch the Knicks leading the Jazz by 8 with 6 minutes to go in the 4th in SLC. GO SPURS GO!

Solid D
02-11-2007, 12:08 AM
but then as Memo Okur leads the Jazz back for the win.

AlamoSpursFan
02-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't get it why Barry get so much trade talk thrown at him, while Finley doesn't get anything said to him. Finely has been sucking more than Barry this year, if you're gonna trade somebody trade Finely.

Hey...we got this player that sucks. What'll ya give us for him?

:lol

MannyIsGod
02-11-2007, 02:17 AM

Is it because of Finely's two good games against Dallas last year in the WCSF?Contracts.