PDA

View Full Version : Funny comments by Pop re White...

Big Shot Rob
02-11-2007, 04:23 AM
I found these comments in the SLAM website...the piece is much longer, but the part I am pasting pertains to Pop's comments about White:

Game Notes: San Antonio at Washington

The Wizards get blown out at home by another Western power.

By Johnny Mann

It’s Wednesday evening and I’m in D.C for another Wizards game this time to see them tangle with the San Antonio Spurs. I got there early enough to finally do the interview with Crystal from the All-Star Dance team (interview coming) and cruise around the arena before tip off. As I headed towards the Spurs locker room (since the Wizards locker room is generally empty) I saw Popovich outside talking to a few reporters about James White. First off, I’m pretty sure Popovich has never even cracked a smile in his life. This dude just looks perpetually pissed off. The funny thing is he looked even more pissed after the game, a game they won extremely easily by the way. What will it take to make this guy happy? Anyways, back to the point.

So Popovich is outside and one of the reporters asks him about James White who I didn’t even know was on the team. I believe he asked if he was playing tonight and Popovich deadpans and I’m paraphrasing, “We made one of the toughest decisions of our season tonight. We thought it over some drinks, a case of brewskis, etc. and we have decided that James White will be put on the inactive list and that we will activate Eric Williams instead.” Then he asks well when will you unleash him? Popovich, continuing to take a dump on the kid White for no reason, goes, “Well our plan is to wait a few games before the playoffs and then we’ll let….what’s his name again? Yea, we’ll let James White play because then no one will have seen him so they won’t know how to guard him.” Then someone says hey he is a D-League All-Star you know and Pop goes “Exactly. These things I’m saying are backed up by facts. I’m not making this up.” All without ever even smirking.

MannyIsGod
02-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Pop is screwing with the media guys. Don't read anything into it.

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2007, 05:36 AM
fuck mind games, time to popabiatch pop!!!

seriously.

MannyIsGod
02-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Seriously?

T Park
02-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I see the resident coaching experts are still hanging around.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I dont think its good to talk poorly about your players in the event that they have not done anything negative themselves. What has James White done to Popovich? He's seemingly played well in Austin

T Park
02-11-2007, 11:20 AM
SNIFF SNIFF!!!

:rolleyes

Gros Membres!
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I dont think its good to talk poorly about your players in the event that they have not done anything negative themselves. What has James White done to Popovich? He's seemingly played well in Austin
Pop just likes old jump shooters who can't play D and can't rebound.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Fabbs
02-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Pop just likes old jump shooters who can't play D and can't rebound.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
:lmao Would you like another cup, Pop worshippers?

phxspurfan
02-11-2007, 01:00 PM
i heart pop. he is so funny in his own way

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Pop was joking around.

sprrs
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm pretty sure if White was offended in any way he would have let White know he was joking. Pretty hilarious stuff by Pop either way.

The Truth #6
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Pop's loathing of the media is interesting in an abstract artistic way, but I don't see why he needs to pull White into it. He seems to be laughing at the notion that White deserves to play. I don't think its overly insulting, but an odd way to talk about him.

Or, Pop is trying to get a head start on destroying White's confidence.

MannyIsGod
02-11-2007, 03:47 PM
White played well in Austin?

ChumpDumper
02-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Poor James White is getting paid four hundred thousand dollars to learn how to play basketball. Cry me a river.

kevm2
02-11-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't see how White would be worse than some of the other guys out there... and he's young. What do we have to lose?

johnpaulwall21
02-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Its just pop feels he owes the elders playing time cause he has too much respect for what they did in the past but im gettin tired of it. hes definately a homer.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2007, 12:20 AM
You'd get tired of White pretty quickly.