PDA

View Full Version : How many more losses?

mjnxn
02-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Either a trade, or give white/butler some minutes. I don't care...SHAKE THINGS UP!!!! How many more losses pop? How many more is it gonna take to do this?

sigh. I hope you guys like Dallas parades...

Leetonidas
02-11-2007, 03:17 PM
It's starting to look like the Spurs won't even win 50 games this year.

kevm2
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
We're constantly unable to beat good teams. Does anyone honestly believe this team is going to magically turn it up and win a championship? This is AWFUL.

SenorSpur
My question exactly. What more does this organization need to see to realize this team, as it's currently constructed, isn't good enough to contend for a championship.

Worst Rodeo road trip ever.

BigJoeD
I grow tiresome of all these losses. Looks like soon to be 4 of the last 5.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Either a trade, or give white/butler some minutes. I don't care...SHAKE THINGS UP!!!! How many more losses pop? How many more is it gonna take to do this?

We still have the Suns and possibly Houston and the Lakers that stand in our way but I am confident we can get past them. The West this year boils down to the Mavs and the Suns.

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Just curious but how many games have we won when being nationally televised this year? I can remember beating Dallas the first game, Phoenix in OT, Denver, and the Lakers two weeks ago. But we've lost to Miami, Phoenix, Utah, LA, LA again, Dallas, Houston, and Chicago. I doubt it has anything to do with jitters but it is kind of odd.

SpursFanInCO
02-11-2007, 03:24 PM
There's no way they let the trade deadline pass without making a move. They aren't dumb! Get Barry and Udrih outta here!

Extra Stout
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
My question exactly. What more does this organization need to see to realize this team, as it's currently constructed, isn't good enough to contend for a championship.

Worst Rodeo road trip ever.
Just because they realize it doesn't mean they'll do anything about it.

kevm2
But hey, at least the FO got a bargain budget team. At least they saved some money.

mjnxn
We still have the Suns and possibly Houston and the Lakers that stand in our way but I am confident we can get past them. The West this year boils down to the Mavs and the Suns.

The suns never play D and the Lakers/Rockets aren't deep enough to handle the mavs.

The only real threat to your team was the spurs.

SenorSpur
Perhaps Pop is playing for a high draft choice because he and R.C. got their eye on the latest "Euro-come-lately", who will no doubt marinate overseas for 3-5 season while the current roster withers away.

BigJoeD
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM

Soo much confidense and so few championships as in zero.

BigJoeD
02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Perhaps Pop is playing for a high draft choice because he and R.C. got their eye on the latest "Euro-come-lately", who will no doubt marinate overseas for 3-5 season while the current roster withers away.

Isnt it great having the best FO in the NBA :)

Dirk Nowitzki
02-11-2007, 04:46 PM
The suns never play D and the Lakers/Rockets aren't deep enough to handle the mavs.

If the Spurs are the big threat to the Mavs, then give us the trophy now! :clap

ChumpDumper
02-11-2007, 04:54 PM
How many more duplicate threads?

objective
02-11-2007, 05:01 PM
a shake-up would mean an admission that mistakes were made and moves that were made were wrong. Don't know if that's going to happen.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-11-2007, 05:02 PM
at least 10 more if the Spurs don't make a trade

ChumpDumper
02-11-2007, 05:02 PM
They try to make trades every year.

Texas_Ranger
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM
10-15.
If we make a good trade then 5-10

objective
02-11-2007, 05:05 PM
speaking of wins and losses . . .

they're 12-11 since Christmas, and only 5 of the wins were against teams with winning records.

Big Rat's Ass
02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
DID some1 CALL mE?

boutons_
02-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Spurs lost today to an EC team with a losing record

On 20 Dec, the Spurs were first NBA team to 20W @ 20 - 6 ( 63 - 19 )

Since Dec 20, the Spurs are 13-12 (43 - 39 )

Spurs' full season rate as of today is 53 - 29

v2freak
02-11-2007, 05:26 PM

I'm echoing the same sentiment. The Spurs get a lot of credit for Ginobili and Parker, but other than that, their international picks haven't shown up yet. Spurs need help now

SenorSpur
02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
a shake-up would mean an admission that mistakes were made and moves that were made were wrong. Don't know if that's going to happen.

Uh, oh contrare'. I would say their dismal record against the leagues top teams (5-10 after today) and their usual 3rd quarter self-destructions, where they routinely give up leads and allow opponents back in games, would be admission enough.

objective
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Uh, oh contrare'. I would say their dismal record against the leagues top teams (5-10 after today) and their usual 3rd quarter self-destructions, where they routinely give up leads and allow opponents back in games, would be admission enough.

it wouldn't be an admission from the Spurs FO/Coaches, just an obvious thing to observe for outsiders.

They are more likely IMO to do what they've done in the past: rationalize and dismiss the failures and be optomistic.

After all, they were only X points away from winning X# of the games they lost! They were in the games in the final 2 minutes!

Smallball works! If it wasn't for one foul in a game 7!

They've turned a corner defensively!

They're sticking with the vets because they're proven to get the job done when it's needed!

Oberto gets it done, he's just maligned because he's an 'ugly productive player!

Elson brings so much versatility and quickness! He's a shotblocker! Even though his whole career suggests otherwise, he's the shotblocker!

dbreiden83080
02-11-2007, 05:51 PM

If Dallas loses to Miami again they will never live that shit down they are the best team in the league this year and if they stay healthy they had better win that title.

Josepatches
02-11-2007, 06:33 PM

The Suns with Nash & Stoudemire healthy are playing the best basketball that I have seen in my life.Last year whithout Amare they were worse in D and Dallas had a lot of problems to won the west conference.This year if all the players are healthy and the Spurs cannot avoid it Phoenix will be in the finals.Already I would like that it was Dallas our problem