PDA

View Full Version : How deep is Rose's doghouse again etc.?

Rummpd
11-13-2004, 06:14 AM
Lets see a game in which O'Neil is rebounding like he should always but rarely does, the Spurs best per minute rebounder and Mr. Energy sits on the bench while Tony frigging Massenberg gets minutes? Whats up with that? Is Rose again in deep *&^ with Pop? Not living in SA not sure if he has just been put down to the 3rd option at both PF and Center now or if something else is going on - otherwise little complaint about last night except TD continually undershooting FTs - how deep a concern is that?

Also, I miss my man Mr. Willis! Glad TRex is playing on a surprising team this year.

Out in 76er land, another fun and surprising team in the East. But at the game there first time at that cite = will be rooting on the Spurs in Phil on Th night near front row seats with Peter Jr. my 6 y/o passionate for the Spurs son, TD and DR posters on wall and shirts, bobble heads etc.!!! (Day before his 7th bDay)

MadDoc :smokin

spursfaninla
11-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Rose didn't guard Shaq very well last night; mass did a better job.

Rose made bad decisions, like bad passes and bad shots. Mass was adequate.

Nothing against rose in general, but he didn't help his cause to be the 3rd big with his game last night.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Rose has had a bad habit lately of fouling 2 seconds into his first appearance. Massenburg was doing a pretty good job of keeping Shaq off the low block. All anyone can really do is slow Shaq enough to allow the help to come.

toosmallshoes
11-13-2004, 03:32 PM
It appears that Rose's dog house is as deep as he digs it himself.

T Park
11-13-2004, 04:54 PM
now toosmall, that doesnt coincide with the xfiles and conspiracy theroists.

I mean, he didnt play bad last year to warrant a benching. It was his pay check (cues x files theme)

timvp
11-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Rose is shooting 52.9% from the floor and is averaging 4 rebounds in less than 15 minutes per game. For the minutes he's playing, what more do you want?

BTW, your boy Rasho has been to the line one (1) time this season in 137 minutes and that was on the first play of the year. It'd be nice if he would take it up strong at least once per week.

Supergirl
11-13-2004, 05:51 PM
The way Rasho shoots FTs, I think we don't want him getting to the line more. And I think he and Pop think the same thing.

Kori Ellis
11-13-2004, 05:54 PM
The way Rasho shoots FTs, I think we don't want him getting to the line more. And I think he and Pop think the same thing.

Sorry, but there's no way in heck that a player or a coach wants the player to not be aggressive and get foul calls just because of poor free throw shooting.

BigVee
11-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Shaq seemed energized last night, and the refs were letting a lot go. I think Pop felt Rose just wasn't going to be effective against Shaq, not that he is the doghouse.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Rasho runs like one back-to-the basket play per game, so there isn't a huge opportunity to go to the line. I do want him to shoot more, but add the facts that he shoots so much from the key and gets rid of offensive rebounds like they were potatoes with roughly the heat of three suns, you get few FTAs.

Malik will get his minutes, but he's not good enough to overcome every matchup situation when Mass and Horry are available.

Das Texan
11-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Rasho again shows how soft he truly is.

Mass matched up better against Shaq....thats just how it goes.

ducks
11-13-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah but rose 2 years ago matched up ok against shaq

so rose and rasho sucked against shaq

does not make rose better then rasho then

timvp
11-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Rasho runs like one back-to-the basket play per game, so there isn't a huge opportunity to go to the line.

It's not like it's isolated to this year. Rasho has gone to the line 451 times in his 7 year career. David Robinson went to the line 925 in one year. Even in Robinson's last year when he was injury plagued and played only 64 games he went to the line 214 times ... or about half of Rasho's career attempts.

Rasho averages 2.16 times per 48 minutes in his NBA career. I dare you to find a seven-footer who has gone to the line at a lesser rate.

Double dog dare.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Am I disputing you?

Nope.

Is Rasho getting many plays run for him down low?

Nope.

That's not the way he plays and that's not the way the Spurs play him.
I dare you to find a seven-footer who has gone to the line at a lesser rate. Diop.

:drunk

ChumpDumper
11-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Rasho again shows how soft he truly is.

Mass matched up better against Shaq....thats just how it goes.Must've slept through the entire first half.

conversekid
11-14-2004, 12:50 AM
I want Rasho to be part of the Ebony and Ivory Twin Towers... Rebound/Block/Alter shots... if he snags a few points, that's fine too.

T Park
11-14-2004, 12:59 AM
comparing Robinson to Rasho again I see.

I thought, "We shouldnt compare him to Robinson, that wouldnt be fare to him"

Yeah Rabel, Rasho is soft,

sooo, that block on Shaq the other night was a fluke??

Pathetic.

My boy Rasho, lol, okiedokie, now we want to take divisive sides on our favorite team

Nice nice.

toosmallshoes
11-14-2004, 01:08 AM
Rose is erratic and undersized. If he was three or four inches taller and more consistent he'd play all the time. I like Rose a lot. I think he brings a lot of positives to the team and has done a good job this year filling his role. but I'm getting so tired of all this doghouse talk that sometimes i just wish they would trade him to a team in the East that would have more use for him. Unfortunately nobody else wants his huge contract either.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Sorry, Rose hasn't done jack against Shaq in a good three years now, there's a reason Mass got the playing time (and BTW, I thought he did a good job vs. Diesel).