PDA

View Full Version : the MAIN problem this year...

SsKSpurs21
02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
SCORING DROUGHTS! :bang :bang

we go on these 4-5 min stretches where we cant hit a FG. rebounding we can fix. these scoring droughts are whats killing us. we either have a big lead, hit a drought and end up losing the lead, or we hit the drought early and then have to rely on the defense to bring us back.

what do you feel is the MAIN problem this year?

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2007, 03:23 PM
We can't play D and grab a reb

SenorSpur
There are several:

Scoring, Lack of Rebounding, defense, offensive breakdowns, free throw shooting...again, turnovers.....this list goes on.

adidas11
Rebounding is probaly the Spurs achilles heel throughout the season. I remember TimVP bringing this point up earlier, during the Corey Magette discussion.

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Rebounding is probaly the Spurs achilles heel throughout the season. I remember TimVP bringing this point up earlier, during the Corey Magette discussion.

He said that as soon we lost to Dallas and he said we needed Evans the Spurs got Elson and now we sucks

SsKSpurs21
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
7 minutes without a field goal today against the heat in the 4th quarter! the game was close up until that point. PATHETIC! :madrun :depressed

exstatic
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Rebounding and D.

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2007, 03:28 PM
We always survived with bad offensive teams but not having D is killing us

Dirk Nowitzki
Why don't you tell us all what players we lost from last season that left so many holes in our team? The only holes around here are in your head.

kevm2
No D, no Rebounding, Scoring droughts, No real Center, No real backup point guard... but at least the FO saved money.

SsKSpurs21
02-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought the Defense was decent up until we hit that scoring drought.

the problem is when our players cant hit shots the defense starts to suffer as well.

it happens everytime. we are playing great defense, hitting our shots, playing hard. then when we start suffering without a field goal, everything else falls apart as well. :wtf

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 03:30 PM
We always survived with bad offensive teams but not having D is killing us

Exactly.

Droughts are going to happen to any team. But when you can't get a stop or a rebound, you aren't going to win.

The Spurs got outrebounded in 11 of 13 playoff games last season. And they continue to get beat on the glass this year.

Freakin' Jason Kapono got double-digit rebounds today. :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Although our D hasn't been good, there's not much you can do about what Dwayne Wade just did in the 4th quarter. No player on earth could have stopped him from doing that. It was his day, he was on fire, and the ball was gonna go in no matter what.

Extra Stout
02-11-2007, 03:32 PM

we go on these 4-5 min stretches where we cant hit a FG. rebounding we can fix. these scoring droughts are whats killing us. we either have a big lead, hit a drought and end up losing the lead, or we hit the drought early and then have to rely on the defense to bring us back.

what do you feel is the MAIN problem this year?
The Spurs won 3 championships with teams that underwent horrific scoring droughts. The difference was that back then, this resulted in 5-minute stretches where the Spurs outscored the opponent 4-2. Now it results in a 12-4 run for the other team.

SenorSpur
02-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Exactly.

Droughts are going to happen to any team. But when you can't get a stop or a rebound, you aren't going to win.

The Spurs got outrebounded in 11 of 13 playoff games last season. And they continue to get beat on the glass this year.

Freakin' Jason Kapono got double-digit rebounds today. :rolleyes

Rebounding was and should have been a chief concern for the coaching staff and anyone else who watched this team last season. It was perpetuated during the playoffs, as Kori mentioned.

Somehow, and I didn't think it was possible, but it's gotten worse this season.

baseline bum
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
This team is awful this season. No significant injuries, and yet, they're one loss in New Jersey from being the freaking 5 seed.

kevm2
02-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I mean we have so many guys on the team that you just don't want on the floor, and we're expected to win a championship? Oberto nor Elson, our centers, were in the game to close the fourth. Beno, we don't want him on the floor. We don't want Vaughn on the floor. Finley is awful on offense, so do we really want him on the floor? Horry is old and slow. Do we want him on the floor for logn? Outside of our big three, the team is terrible.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Okay, if you think D and Rebounding is the only problem, you don't have a got damn clue.

Also, I am sick of Bowen getting shots with 20 seconds left on the fucking shot clock.

Bowen fucking blows. Wade rubbed his nuts on Bowen the whole fourth quarter and Bowen enjoyed it.

This team can't score, can't steal, can't rebound, can't play ball. Plus they look like they don't give a fuck out there.

They fucking quit when Wade hit the two jumpers and Walker buried the three.

Keep on playing the softness when the problem wears a fuckin suit on the sideline.

The Spurs took 25 three pointers today. It's because they can't get anything else. Because they suck.

Slinkyman
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Rebounding was and should have been a chief concern for the coaching staff and anyone else who watched this team last season. It was perpetuated during the playoffs, as Kori mentioned.

Somehow, and I didn't think it was possible, but it's gotten worse this season.

it's gotten worse because our centers are crap, oberto and elson combined for 38 minutes and 10 boards while jason kapono got 11 boards in 25 minutes. :depressed

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Okay, if you think D and Rebounding is the only problem, you don't have a got damn clue

No one said the only problem dumb fuck .. the question was MAIN problem.

Get a got damn clue.

:)

The Spurs have a lot of problems.

Rebounding
D
No backup point
Substitutions

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Today, they were outscored 31 to 20 in the fourth... 55 to 39 in the second half.

Try skill level.

Oh... let's get bonner back.. is that the board director's take?

The Spurs just fucking suck.. There are 2 many things to single out...

Bowen is now a liability. he can't shoot, he is getting used every night... But still, the board is still on his jock? Why? Hey, retire his number and move the fuck on.. it's time to win now....

Rebounding and D my ass... Try skills, heart and passion. This team plays like they already won something...

boutons_
02-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Spurs now "winning" at 53 - 29 rate, and they don't seem to give a fuck.

Is this the beginning of the end of the Duncan/Pop era?

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I am also sick of the Spurs being on national tv... They aren't worthy...

Also, Duncan was wide open for a slam/layup, whatever and got rim checked...

What the fuck is that?

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 03:52 PM
I am also sick of the Spurs being on national tv... They aren't worthy...

Also, Duncan was wide open for a slam/layup, whatever and got rim checked...

What the fuck is that?
He. Can't. Jump.

He's almost like a taller Chris Webber in terms of athleticism, but he's better at the game.

Gros Membres!
02-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Okay, if you think D and Rebounding is the only problem, you don't have a got damn clue.

Also, I am sick of Bowen getting shots with 20 seconds left on the fucking shot clock.

Bowen fucking blows. Wade rubbed his nuts on Bowen the whole fourth quarter and Bowen enjoyed it.

The Spurs took 25 three pointers today. It's because they can't get anything else. Because they suck.

Amen to that. Spurs suck and the reliance on 3 pointers is nauseating. The Spurs have gone soft and have no one banging on the inside. No rebounding presence whatsoever. It's pathetic and, frankly, I look atg Elson and Oberto. They should be embarrassed to call themselves professional basketball players - an incredible lack of hustle and determination to do their fucking jobs.

Fuck Corey Maggette - trade Bowen, Finley, Horry, Beno and Scola' rights for Artest or someone who gives a fucking shit. Who hasn't won shit and is not baggin' it up and down the court hoping for a time out. Bowen is done, imho.

So much for the amazing RRT - Nets creamed the Magic last night. This should be fun.

This team is too old and won't get it done this year - count it. We can only hope for a blockbuster trade or a complete dismantling in the offseason.
:smokin

ShoogarBear
02-11-2007, 03:54 PM
You gotta be kidding.

Scoring droughts were a staple of Spurs title teams.

Their main problems are:
1a) lack of interior defense
1b) lack of rebounding

If they had even one of those, it would be enough to make up for the lack of consistent bench scoring, a backup point, and youth.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Their main problems are:

They lost today because Wade and Walker went off from..............

the outside.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I fuckin hated today how the Spurs can't create any fucking offense. They always found themselves trying to jack a shot as the shotclocked neared zero, time and time again.

And they start panicing when the clock runs down, and they make fucknig retarded passes with .5 seconds left on the clock, which won't even yield a fucking shot up at all. You got Bruce Bowen passing the ball with .0248 seconds left because he knows he can only make threes from the corners on good nights, so he passes it and the buzzer blows right when the receiving Barry barely touches it. God damn it, just fucking shoot the ball.

The Spurs where in that situation today at least 5 times.

On the other hand, the Heat create plays with Wade and Shaq, or Wade pulls up over Bowen with 20 seconds left on the clock, or the Spurs quadruple team Wade leaving 4 Miami bitches open for a wide open shot.

The Spurs need to create offense consistently AND learn how to rebound or play defense.

Marcus Bryant
02-11-2007, 03:57 PM
You gotta be kidding.

Their main problems are:
1b) lack of rebounding

If they had even one of those, it would be enough to make up for the lack of consistent bench scoring, a backup point, and youth.

No doubt. This has to be the worst set of complementary players in the frontcourt that TD has had to play with during his Spurs career.

ShoogarBear
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM
They lost today because Wade and Walker went off from..............

the outside.One game != season

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Exactly... against good teams, the Spurs can't create any offense... but for some reason the priority is keeping players that can't score, but can stop the opposing teams all star once or twice. :)

At least that's the board's opinion.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 04:00 PM
You gotta be kidding.

Their main problems are:
1b) lack of rebounding

Exactly.

I don't know if people understand what a travesty it is that Jason Kapono got 11 rebounds.

It's Jason Kapono.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 04:02 PM
I think the Spurs should sign Sequ for rebounding, the team rebounds average might go up by a few.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I bet Earl fucking Boykins could rack up 10 or 12 rebounds against this grizzled veteran seasoned spurs team.

SAGambler
02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Call me crazy, but it seems like when we go through these scoring droughts, it's because the guys have fell in love with the 3 pointer.

They need to concentrate on driving and passing to someone close in for the layup or dunk.

We have two guys that are going to draw the defenders in anytime they drive the lane. They need to learn to take advantage of it.

I would love to see Tony drive, dish it out to Manu at about the top, he drive, then have Tim waiting on one side and Elson on the other waiting on a dish for the close in shot.

I also think, especially when time is running out and we are behind, Tim takes some ill advised shots. And usually misses them.

I don't really understand it, but we seem to play 3 decent quarters, and then one that really really sucks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 04:04 PM
^^^^^^ Rack the Princess.

We got beat on the glass by 15 boards. Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, the whole fucking series against Dallas last year :rolleyes

The leadership (or more appropriately, lack thereof) in the front office last summer by Pop and Holt is the cruelest joke of the Tim Duncan era.

This team isn't going anywhere this spring except for the golf course after round 1.

mavsluva
02-11-2007, 04:07 PM
You know what the difference is this year versus the years in the past pertaining to the big 3 of the Spurs? In the past, a majority of the calls have gone their way. This year, more often than not...... the calls are going the other way.

I'm a firm believer in that a team must be both good and lucky to win an NBA Championship. When a team wins the title, it's because they had good late game exection, sound decision making, and the fact that more calls went their way than not.

You have people like Mavs fans that complain about the refs because of their shortcomings last year. To add to my point, the last thing you'll hear from the Heat fans are how poor the refs were in the Finals. Now had the Heat lost in the Finals, then they'd be all over the refs like white on rice. The refs do influence the outcome of the game more often than not, and I'm a firm believer that winning a title requires some good old fashioned luck all of the way through the playoffs.

ShoogarBear
02-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Call me crazy, but it seems like when we go through these scoring droughts, it's because the guys have fell in love with the 3 pointer.

They need to concentrate on driving and passing to someone close in for the layup or dunk.

We have two guys that are going to draw the defenders in anytime they drive the lane. They need to learn to take advantage of it.

I would love to see Tony drive, dish it out to Manu at about the top, he drive, then have Tim waiting on one side and Elson on the other waiting on a dish for the close in shot.

I also think, especially when time is running out and we are behind, Tim takes some ill advised shots. And usually misses them.

I don't really understand it, but we seem to play 3 decent quarters, and then one that really really sucks.Agree entirely about the three-pointers and lack of slashers, which is another reason it would be nice to have Maggette.

ShoogarBear
02-11-2007, 04:09 PM
You know what the difference is this year versus the years in the past pertaining to the big 3 of the Spurs? In the past, a majority of the calls have gone their way. This year, more often than not...... the calls are going the other way.

I'm a firm believer in that a team must be both good and lucky to win an NBA Championship. When a team wins the title, it's because they had good late game exection, sound decision making, and the fact that more calls went their way than not.

You have people like Mavs fans that complain about the refs because of their shortcomings last year. To add to my point, the last thing you'll hear from the Heat fans are how poor the refs were in the Finals. Now had the Heat lost in the Finals, then they'd be all over the refs like white on rice. The refs do influence the outcome of the game more often than not, and I'm a firm believer that winning a title requires some good old fashioned luck all of the way through the playoffs.That's the difference with Spur fans. Nobody here is saying the problem is a lack of calls. They're saying we're not good enough.

itzsoweezee
02-11-2007, 04:11 PM

in other words, we play small ball

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 04:12 PM

You're a retard. The problem isn't the calls for the big three. It's the fact their supporting cast is geriatric and sucks.

Fuck, stupid ass mavs fans still whining like bitches about officiating. Go away.

mavsluva
02-11-2007, 04:13 PM
That's the difference with Spur fans. Nobody here is saying the problem is a lack of calls. They're saying we're not good enough.

I gotcha.

My point was that the Spurs obviously had more calls go their way than not during their Championship seasons. I've been eyeing more Spurs games lately than Mavs games and I must admit that the calls that Duncan used to receive aren't going his way these days.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Now it's a ref problem....

The best fucking team wins the championship. Period. That is why they are called the got damn champions....

The scoreboard at the end of the game is what matters. If you need to score points to win the fucking game, than that's what you do... If you have players that aren't worthy of a God given induced offensive game, aka-Bowen, then you have no fucking business getting involved into the offensive side of the game.

Scoring the most points will win the game... The Heat won today, because Wade was the best player on the court and he took over the game when the best players should... it had nothing to do with the stops in the first half, the lack of rebounds in the game... he willed his team to win... by outscoring the Spurs damn near by himself and you know what.... stats don't matter, because he was going to do it... Period...

Now, you can keep on licking your Argentina, France, Virgin Island, Slovenian balls, but if you ain't got a got damn player on your team that L E A D S his team to victory, then you ain't gonna do it....

The Spurs have T W E L V E R O L E players with no fucking leader.... Fuck the bottom 7 players, who is the top 1?

mavsluva
02-11-2007, 04:16 PM
You're a retard. The problem isn't the calls for the big three. It's the fact their supporting cast is geriatric and sucks.

Fuck, stupid ass mavs fans still whining like bitches about officiating. Go away.

I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my post. My 2 year old son is retarded. I'll not speak against you though. He's got more heart than most people, so that's all that matters.

I had zero intentions of complaining, nor attempting to be a Mavs homer. I'm just saying that the calls that the Spurs used to receive are not going their ways these days.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 04:17 PM
The Spurs have T W E L V E R O L E players with no fucking leader.... Fuck the bottom 7 players, who is the top 1?
Jackie Butler

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Wade scored, blocked, defended and boned the Spurs all by himself. :lol

ShoogarBear
02-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Wade scored, blocked, defended and boned the Spurs all by himself. :lolHe's almost as good as Vince Carter, huh?

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Speaking of Wade, that was absolutely classic when he blocked Parker 2 times in a matter of 10 seconds...not only did he stuff him twice, but the sent those balls out of the fucking place.

I couldn't even bitch about that, I had to admire that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 04:22 PM
I gotcha.

My point was that the Spurs obviously had more calls go their way than not during their Championship seasons. I've been eyeing more Spurs games lately than Mavs games and I must admit that the calls that Duncan used to receive aren't going his way these days.

The officiating hasn't changed at all. But I guess if you live in a world where you think Cuban's whining about getting owned by Wade is a legitimate gripe, you'd see things through stripe colored glasses.

SequSpur
He's almost as good as Vince Carter, huh?

damn near... :clap

Kori Ellis
Speaking of Wade, that was absolutely classic when he blocked Parker 2 times in a matter of 10 seconds...not only did he stuff him twice, but the sent those balls out of the fucking place.

I couldn't even bitch about that, I had to admire that.

Yeah he was awesome.

For as bad as Wade played in the first half, he never took his head out of the game and stayed with it. He had an incredible second half - especially the 4th.

SAGambler
You are always going to get some bad calls. I just expect it with Shaq. He has always gotten away with a lot of offensive fouls.

But what I don't get is, it is seeming like it really gets to Duncan now. He starts acting pouty or something when a bad call goes the other way.

I'm sure the Heat thought they got a few bad calls along the way.

And it sure isn't going to help, blaming the refs. They are going to continue to call it like they see it. The guys are just going to have to suck it up and continue to play, without acting like someone just stole your marbles.

But with all this, I still think we are only one good trade away to be right back up there with the best. Let's hope the FO sees this, and does something before the deadline.

mavsluva
02-11-2007, 04:24 PM
The officiating hasn't changed at all. But I guess if you live in a world where you think Cuban's whining about getting owned by Wade is a legitimate gripe, you'd see things through stripe colored glasses.

I'll not post here anymore. Good luck to the Spurs!

God bless.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah he was awesome.

For as bad as Wade played in the first half, he never took his head out of the game and stayed with it. He had an incredible second half - especially the 4th.

Wade demolished the Spurs today. Took their hearts out and stepped on them. They couldn't recover at all. Pop should've saved the last beat and cleared the bench instead of leaving their asses out there.

1Parker1
Exactly.

I don't know if people understand what a travesty it is that Jason Kapono got 11 rebounds.

It's Jason Kapono.

:lol Damn, I heard he matched Duncan. I haven't checked the boxscore because I'm scared to but how many did Elson/Oberto get?

tmtcsc
Our defense used to set us apart and make us contenders. It's pretty awful by Contender standards and just "fair" for league standards.

Bruce Bowen is really becoming irrelevant. He is still our best defender but with as bad as everything else is, his defense is not enough and his offensive liabilities are glaring. We are almost at a point where we just need to figure out how to outscore people instead of finding ways to play better defense.

Do you realize that had we not had an unusually good day from the FT line against the Lakers that we would be 1-5 on this road trip ?

We have 2 people that drive to the basket. Manu and Tony. That's it. Other than that, we have Barry, Finley AND Horry all hoisting up 3's. We have no consistency.

Lessee:

No backup point guard
2 people that can create their own shots
No consistent Big man play (besides Tim)
Terrible Defense
Poor FT shooting
Poor rebounding

Our defense in past years used to make up for our poor FT shooting and rebounding and bad offense. Without defense we are nothing but an average to below average team. Forget that we have a decent record. We have 4 quality wins this season and that's it: (Dallas, Phoenix and the 2 Wizard games). What a fucking waste of a year. I'm starting to lose hope but I'll keep cheering. One thing for sure is that this is the last year of this team make-up that we will see. I'm grateful for the big 3 and Bruce's contributions to 2 of our titles. I'm also grateful for Horry's playoff heroics.

Adios

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh, and I forgot that one play where Wade blocked Duncan's dunk, but they called it a foul. That wasn't a foul, it was a stuff right under the basket from a guy that's 6 inches shorter with shorter arms than Tim. He might have barely skimmed Tim's left pinky, but not before blocking the ball out of his grip.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 04:27 PM
since when did Duncan become the poster child for a consistent big man? Duncan blows just like everybody else...

instead of willing his team to a chance of victory today, he put his head in his ass and ran away.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh, and I forgot that one play where Wade blocked Duncan's dunk, but they called it a foul. That wasn't a foul, it was a stuff right under the basket from a guy that's 6 inches shorter with shorter arms than Tim. He might have barely skimmed Tim's left pinky, but not before blocking the ball out of his grip.

The block at the ball was clean. They called the body contact.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 04:28 PM
The block at the ball was clean. They called the body contact.
what body contact?

sabar
02-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I am tired of all these outside shots. The guys pass it around on the perimeter and either the shot clock expires or they lob up a horrible shot. Timmy keeps taking jumpers from 15-18 feet and missing. Where is his post game lately? Where is his little spin around the defender and the dunk?

Our top 3 aren't being consistent. Our bench is worthless. We can't rebound.
What happened from last year? We are using 2 centers that are worse than Nazr/Rasho, we have a vet backup PG worse than Nick the Quick, Beno's FG% somehow dropped 10%, Horry and Finley's FG% from 2pt and 3pt land has dropped 6%. Beno is fat and doesn't care, Horry is old and Finley is streaky.

At this point I would trade Beno/Horry/Finley/Scola/Oberto/Vaughn/Williams for Artest and dress up Butler and White for the rest of the season.

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I am tired of all these outside shots. The guys pass it around on the perimeter and either the shot clock expires or they lob up a horrible shot. Timmy keeps taking jumpers from 15-18 feet and missing. Where is his post game lately? Where is his little spin around the defender and the dunk?

Our top 3 aren't being consistent. Our bench is worthless. We can't rebound.
What happened from last year? We are using 2 centers that are worse than Nazr/Rasho, we have a vet backup PG worse than Nick the Quick, Beno's FG% somehow dropped 10%, Horry and Finley's FG% from 2pt and 3pt land has dropped 6%. Beno is fat and doesn't care, Horry is old and Finley is streaky.

At this point I would trade Beno/Horry/Finley/Scola/Oberto/Vaughn/Williams for Artest and dress up Butler and White for the rest of the season.
:lmao

look at your avatar!

sabar
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM

look at your avatar!

Yeah, doesn't look like he cared much that day either to really play in the NBA

:pctoss

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-11-2007, 04:42 PM
what body contact?

Wade's hips went into Duncan's stomach area on the play. Body bump = foul.

anonymous coward
02-11-2007, 04:49 PM
No one said the only problem dumb fuck .. the question was MAIN problem.

Get a got damn clue.

:)

The Spurs have a lot of problems.

Rebounding
D
No backup point
Substitutions
and no sf

Marcus Bryant
02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
what body contact?

They called Wade hitting Duncan's right forearm. That's what led TD to lose the ball.

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Wade blocked Duncan, but Duncan got the call.. big deal... he still plays like a puss and the Spurs got blown out.

objective
02-11-2007, 04:58 PM
The next question is . . .

Do any of you think it will be any different next year?

The same FO and coaching staff that brought this season's train wreck, a waste of one of Duncan's last prime-era years, is the same one that's going to set up next year.

The same personnel who thought Oberto and Elson were going to hold it down at the center spot are going to do . . . . what exactly?

Butler and White have spent an entire season glued to the bench and inactive list. They have gotten to develop zero against NBA competition. When they start from scratch next year . . . will they get a chance to play even then?

Or will it be the same old same old with the old vets holding so much respect that they couldn't possibly sit Finley, or Horry, or Oberto, or Horry (if he doesn't retire).

Maybe after they end their disappointing RRT Pop will finally have an out to get some of the young guys minutes.

Texas_Ranger
02-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Our defense is not so good
Rebounds
Age problem
No trades
Pop

ploto
02-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again:

When the Spurs got rid of Rasho and Nazr, fans assumed it was to bring in someone who could defend like Rasho and rebound like Nazr. Instead, they got players who defend like Nazr and rebound like Rasho. :D

SequSpur
02-11-2007, 05:01 PM
The next question is . . .
Do any of you think it will be any different next year?

Worse.

objective
02-11-2007, 05:03 PM

When the Spurs got rid of Rasho and Nazr, fans assumed it was to bring in someone who could defend like Rasho and rebound like Nazr. Instead, they got players who defend like Nazr and rebound like Rasho. :D

lol, they can't even block shots like Nazr.

timvp
02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
. . . and rebound like Rasho. :D

Hey now, let's not go that far. The Spurs might be an average basketball team, but to hurl a low blow like that is uncalled far.

:hat

Texas_Ranger
02-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I would rather have Rasho then Oberto.

fonzy16
02-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Basicly the team changed from last year on center position. WHat would you give to have Nazr&Rasho here now? Im talking about the D and rebounding.

sanman53
02-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I think their main problem is 'desire'. They do not want it badly enough. If they want it badly enough, they will fight for that rebound, dive for the ball, drive the lane, etc. I just do not see the passion like I used to see in their eyes.

baseline bum
02-11-2007, 05:13 PM

tmtcsc
02-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I think their main problem is 'desire'. They do not want it badly enough. If they want it badly enough, they will fight for that rebound, dive for the ball, drive the lane, etc. I just do not see the passion like I used to see in their eyes.

ONE man plays with desire and that's MANU. He may have off nights but he gives 100 %. I luv that dude. I'd trade Tim before him.

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I would rather have Rasho then Oberto.

Me too

Que Gee
02-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Barry's analysis after the game on post game report was DEAD ON.

Cherry
02-11-2007, 06:11 PM
ONE man plays with desire and that's MANU. He may have off nights but he gives 100 %. I luv that dude. I'd trade Tim before him.

This situation is poison for Manu. Is hard to see him play at 100%

ALVAREZ6
02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
"We're just not able to get over that hump when we need to,'' Duncan said. "The consistency is not there, offensively and defensively.''
There you have it. Just about everything needs help. Defense, offense, and rebounding in general.

Ah, getting over that hump. When presented by the challenge of beating a single team with a rather good record, the Spurs cannot get the job done on any given night.

ploto
02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Barry's analysis after the game on post game report was DEAD ON.
What did he say-- anyone?

RichB
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
:lol :lol :rolleyes You folks still want to overreact? The Finals is between the 2 most proven teams in the league right now... San Antonio and Detroit! Yeah Dallas is gonna get lucky with the refs again! :rolleyes Suns dont play D! :rolleyes Houston/Lakers? :blah

baseline bum
02-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Spurs don't play D either

ShoogarBear
02-11-2007, 07:26 PM
ONE man plays with desire and that's MANU. He may have off nights but he gives 100 %. I luv that dude. I'd trade Tim before him.You're insane.

mrpach
02-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Bowen is not working out because the lack of a center, the defensive scheme has shifted from taking players to the corners or post players for a block, to defending top ofensive players one on one. We need a legit post besides duncan

tmtcsc
02-11-2007, 09:42 PM
You're insane.

Can you imagine if Tim played with Manu's desire and urgency ? He'd be unstoppable.

This team plays with way too much complacency. We are turning into the regular season version of Robert Horry. A little slow, a little inncaurate and a little too much chilling out instead of getting after it.

Now, if the team can turn it up a notch like the "playoffs" Robert Horry, we'll be ok. I just don't see it.. Its borderline disgusting to watch these guys play nowadays.
This roster doesn't have it or hasn't shown it.

When we used to lose in the past years, you could check the box score and see that we attempted 15 or so 3 pointers. That's weak. We aren't the Suns. We don't shoot very well and its no secret. It's LAZY ball. No one wants to work for baskets anymore. No one moves on offense or cuts to the basket. This shit needs to stop.

ro_50
02-11-2007, 09:44 PM

You're kidding, trading TD before Manu?
:rolleyes

ro_50
02-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Can you imagine if Tim played with Manu's desire and urgency ? He'd be unstoppable.

You're kidding, right? You don't think Tim plays w/ the same heart and sense of urgency that Manu does. OMG.

lefty
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
The main problem : we don't play 48 minutes ; the league should change the rules for us : 3 periods games

Take our last game vs Suns : for the 3 1/2 quarters, we were controlling the tempo, and then Bam! okay it was the 2nd game of a back-to-back, bad exemple....

Okay, our 2nd meeting with Dallas this season : the 1st quarter we weren't doing anything and we had to make a run to comeback ; we lost a close one ;

At Orlando we blew a big lead ;

Today vs Heat we stayed in the game for 3 periods ; then in the 4th...

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 10:05 PM
On the road trip, the Spurs have been outrebounded 175-139 in the 4 losses.

In the losses, opponents have shot 48%, while in the two wins the opponents have shot 37%.

And it hasn't mattered what the Spurs themselves shot -- in both losses and wins, they shot about 43%.

So obviously, it's about rebounding and D.

lefty
02-11-2007, 10:06 PM
On the road trip, the Spurs have been outrebounded 175-139 in the 4 losses.

In the losses, opponents have shot 48%, while in the two wins the opponents have shot 37%.

And it hasn't mattered what the Spurs themselves shot -- in both losses and wins, they shot about 43%.

So obviously, it's about rebounding and D.

Those were our strength before :depressed :depressed
We've been so focused on adjusting to Dallas and crappy small ball that we can't rebound and D-up anymore. Small ball must die

Extra Stout
02-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Those were our strength before :depressed :depressed
We've been so focused on adjusting to Dallas and crappy small ball that we can't rebound and D-up anymore. Small ball must die
The reason the Spurs can't rebound or D-up is not because they are trying to adjust to Dallas. It is because their centers are total crap, and most of the rest of the role players are AARP members. Style has nothing to do with it. Small ball is just a sign of resignation that, since rebounding and defense are lost causes, the best the Spurs can do is try to outscore people.

But of course, that doesn't work either because other teams' perimeter players are younger and more athletic.

Basically the Spurs are just screwed against the better teams, it isn't going to get any better this season, and it won't get better until the roster is rebuilt around the Big 3, which may not happen in full until Summer 2008.

lefty
02-11-2007, 10:21 PM
It is because their centers are total crap

The moves done in summer have made that possible ; we made some moves so we could adjust to the Mavs, but the results are not pretty

Extra Stout
02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
The moves done in summer have made that possible ; we made some moves so we could adjust to the Mavs, but the results are not pretty
The Spurs didn't make moves to adjust to the Mavs; they made moves to dump long-term salary commitments.

lefty
02-11-2007, 10:27 PM
The Spurs didn't make moves to adjust to the Mavs; they made moves to dump long-term salary commitments.

mmm....didn't know that ; well, they are paying for it now
:bang

tmtcsc
02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
You're kidding, right? You don't think Tim plays w/ the same heart and sense of urgency that Manu does. OMG.

No, I don't, and he doesn't. When was the last time you saw Tim crash the floor for a loose ball ? When was the last time you saw him give up his body to take a charge ?

Look, Tim is a great player, a HOF player and the most talented guy on our team. But if you don't think he hangs his head or starts to feel sorry for himself on the court, then you are kidding yourself.

Do you think Manu gives a crap if he misses a few shots ? Hell no ! He doesnt mope around, he plays harder.

Nikos
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Basically the Spurs are just screwed against the better teams, it isn't going to get any better this season, and it won't get better until the roster is rebuilt around the Big 3, which may not happen in full until Summer 2008.

Well it will likely be the BIG 2 by then. Manu will be 31 and likely past his prime. Duncan and Parker should be fine if healthy.

Extra Stout
02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Well it will likely be the BIG 2 by then. Manu will be 31 and likely past his prime. Duncan and Parker should be fine if healthy.
I guess that is based upon the assumption that Manu, because of his physical style of play, will decline two or three years earlier than most guards.

If that is the case, then make backup copies of your championship DVD's, cheer Tim on as he pursues his fourth ring with another franchise, and cross your fingers that the lottery ball springs in the Spurs' favor a third time.

Nikos
02-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I guess that is based upon the assumption that Manu, because of his physical style of play, will decline two or three years earlier than most guards.

If that is the case, then make backup copies of your championship DVD's, cheer Tim on as he pursues his fourth ring with another franchise, and cross your fingers that the lottery ball springs in the Spurs' favor a third time.

Well a substantial part of it is cause of Manu's style, but being 31 and 32 is somewhat on the old side. He won't be able to be all star calibur anymore. He probably will lose some quickness by then no?

Nikos
02-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Then again, Manu being played 28mpg could extend his career till maybe 31-32. I hope this is the case. To me I was thinking that this would be the first year of his decline (not huge this year but noticeable). But statistically Manu is actually a little better than the previous years.

I guess he doesn't rely on his athleticism too much. He still has quick reaction time and instincts and a decent set shot to where he could still be effective if he lost a half a step or so.

I just hope he stays healthy and productive into his 30's. Maybe the big three can still be the big three for another 2+ years.

::Crosses fingers::

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 05:03 PM

This team can't score, can't steal, can't rebound, can't play ball. Plus they look like they don't give a fuck out there.

They fucking quit when Wade hit the two jumpers and Walker buried the three.

Keep on playing the softness when the problem wears a fuckin suit on the sideline.

for old people like Finley,Horry,barry and Bowen is all the can do,to shoot the damn ball,they donīt have the athleticism to go to the rim and penetrate.

hitmanyr2k
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM

Actually he's right. It all starts with Duncan and the guy doesn't play with any sense of urgency whatsoever. He's playing like he's in quicksand this year which is funny because he's supposed to be healthy. Yeah, he puts up his usual numbers but why is it Duncan can't CONSISTENTLY demand the fuckin ball, make a decisive move and take it strong to the rim? What's his problem? The foot excuse is out the window now. He's not past his prime like Shaq so what excuse is there? He doesn't WILL his team to a victory like other superstars. Wade willed his team to victory on BOTH ends and showed Duncan how shit is supposed to be done. Shaq bitched Duncan yesterday. Things got a little physical and Duncan tucked his tail between his legs and just looked like he was ready to cry on the floor. He wasn't the same the rest of the game. Leaders don't do that shit. Even geriatric Zo out-hustled his ass up and down the floor when it mattered.

And how the hell does someone "playing with a sense of urgency" lose contact with his man and let him score at the rim with less than a second on the clock? How do you fall asleep at a crucial time like that? I can see if Duncan was screened off or something but it was just Duncan and Howard. You would think he would want to make up for that bonehead play and come out fired up against Miami but nope. Same old pussified Duncan shows up and gets bitched again.

sammy
02-12-2007, 05:22 PM
They are playing with no heart or sense of urgency!

1. No Defense
2. No Rebounding
3. Too Many Offensive Rebounds & 2nd Chance Points to the Opponent.
4. No Sense of Urgency!
5. Jacking up too many 3's!
6. Small Ball does not work for this team POP! We don't have the young athletic players to play this way except for Timmy, Manu, Tony & Elson! The rest of the team is old! We won with our bigs and need to continue playing that way until we can get some young athletic players to help the big three!

Clutch20
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Perimeter shooters have tightened up. They hesitate before they shoot. They'll miss everytime they do that. We've retired or traded away our rebounders over the past 4 years. We have "stand and watch" players at both ends of the court. Poor example I know, but LeBron complains about the same thing about his teammates, they also stand and watch. There is less movement and motion away from the ball. I always liked to watch how when our players circulated like sharks and made things happen in their favor, being proactive instead of reactive, kinda like Manu injecting himself back and forth out and into the defense and offense, he's sometimes good for 5 point swings after making a basket, going immediately to play defense, stealing, swatting or even more exciting making the dribbler nervous enough to lose the ball and taking or passing the steal for a jam. Those were staple stuff you could count on. Now our big 3 have to nearly be perfect AT THIS POINT in the season in order to pull a game out. They are by themselves. Pop asked Tony to cut back and others haven't taken advantage of the lull in Parker's shooting to show their stuff, let alone show any ability to "notch up" intensity.
But you got to experience the lows as well as the highs to enjoy anything.
We've been lucky and cocky with success and all it brings with it. Anyone with at least 10 years love/hate relationship with this team knows what I'm talking about. It took us a lot of years to get to the first OBrien and it's going to take a lot of years to cycle down and back up again but baby I'm in this for the long haul. Don't talk about my team from your negative perspective and expect for me to listen and buy into, because temporary is temporary and history is exactly that, ebb and flow and I'm extremely proud about my city's NBA history.

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM

1. No Defense
2. No Rebounding
4. No Sense of Urgency!
6. Small Ball does not work for this team POP! We don't have the young athletic players to play this way except for Timmy, Manu, Tony & Elson! The rest of the team is old! We won with our bigs and need to continue playing that way until we can get some young athletic players to help the big three!

You missed something:we arenīt going to the LOOSE BALLS OR LONG REBOUNDS with enough energy.

sa_butta
02-12-2007, 05:59 PM

1. No Defense
2. No Rebounding
4. No Sense of Urgency!
6. Small Ball does not work for this team POP! We don't have the young athletic players to play this way except for Timmy, Manu, Tony & Elson! The rest of the team is old! We won with our bigs and need to continue playing that way until we can get some young athletic players to help the big three!:clap WINNER!!!