PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs Bulls

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:15 PM
:bang Good God! We need Nash back soon! Hopefully they realize at halftime that Amare is actually playing tonight and involve him more in the offense. FYI Amare Ben Wallace is not looking to shoot a jumper over you. You don't foul an offensive liability like Wallace.

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
YEAH... What he said.

Hard to believe what a single person can mean to a teambut every game I see the Suns without Nash I realize how wholly different they truly are with and without him. Nash is worth 10% from the field and close to 15% from range besides the roughly 15-to-20 PPG difference. Granted, you replace Nash with another competant PG (not Banks) and you'll have an increase from the sans-Nash statistics, but this Suns team, even with all its talent, just isn't very good without him.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
YEAH... What he said.

Hard to believe what a single person can mean to a teambut every game I see the Suns without Nash I realize how wholly different they truly are with and without him. Nash is worth 10% from the field and close to 15% from range besides the roughly 15-to-20 PPG difference. Granted, you replace Nash with another competant PG (not Banks) and you'll have an increase from the sans-Nash statistics, but this Suns team, even with all its talent, just isn't very good without him.

The good news is that Chicago goes through droughts on offense during the game. So an 11 point deficit against the Bulls is not hard to overcome. Lets see what adjustments they make and if they give Amare the ball in the post. He has a big advantage over the Bull's bigs.

ponky
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
i have been watching basketball all day...i can't believe i'm going to say this but, i wish this game was over already so i can take a nap

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:31 PM
i have been watching basketball all day...i can't believe i'm going to say this but, i wish this game was over already so i can take a nap

I can't believe I agree with Greg Anthony but the Suns really should slow the game down and throw the ball into the Amare in the post.

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Tape it then take a nap.

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I can't believe I agree with Greg Anthony but the Suns really should slow the game down and throw the ball into the Amare in the post.
It would be smart if they started practicing that before the playoffs start.

ro_50
02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
YEAH... What he said.

I honestly haven't seen the Suns play that much this year but hasn't Marcus Banks been somewhat of a disappointment for you guys considering he was expected to give Nash the requisite 10 minutes of rest a game coming off the bench.

I mean, his signing was touted as a good one for the Suns bench but it seems he's fallen out of the rotation.

dirk4mvp
02-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Gordon = Stackhouse - 4 inches. Takes shots first, ask questions later.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Damn...I was gonna watch the game, and then no Nash.

And the Suns are doing horrible!

Either they're in cahoots, or Nash really IS the damn system.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
It would be smart if they started practicing that before the playoffs start.

You figure that with Nash and Diaw out that would be the logical thing to do. Amare is better then any of the Bull's bigs.

ponky
02-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Tape it then take a nap.

i was going to but i like to look at the boxscore whil watching a game and i may as well stick it out

hey suns fans, what's with those jerseys? they have like some badge on the right shoulder and the trim is like these little rectangles or something rather than the original orange trim

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I honestly haven't seen the Suns play that much this year but hasn't Marcus Banks been somewhat of a disappointment for you guys considering he was expected to give Nash the requisite 10 minutes of rest a game coming off the bench.

I mean, his signing was touted as a good one for the Suns bench but it seems he's fallen out of the rotation.

He has but Nash is a tough act to follow. Very few point guards compare to Nash. Maybe is something they will address in the draft.

Celtic Pride
02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I can understand why Nash is MVP, but I can't understand how the Suns with 2 other All-Stars suck without Nash. Does that mean that the Suns 2 other All-Stars really should not be and would they be on other teams if they were not on the Suns and playing with Nash?

ponky
02-11-2007, 09:41 PM

i think marcus banks has been decent as a backup pg...it's not his fault he doesn't get the minutes when the suns really can't afford to not have nash on the court

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
You figure that with Nash and Diaw out that would be the logical thing to do. Amare is better then any of the Bull's bigs.
Well Ben Wallace is still pretty good. But yeah they definitely need to practice on their low post/half court offense. It's a mistake if they don't.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I can understand why Nash is MVP, but I can't understand how the Suns with 2 other All-Stars suck without Nash. Does that mean that the Suns 2 other All-Stars really should not be and would they be on other teams if they were not on the Suns and playing with Nash?

The problem in this game is they are not getting Marion or Amare involve in the game and Barbosa and Banks are not true point guards.

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:44 PM
He has but Nash is a tough act to follow. Very few point guards compare to Nash. Maybe is something they will address in the draft.
Well they definitely had their chance to get a couple of good ones in this last draft. They actually had them and then traded them away for cash.

ponky
tell raja bell to stop taking shots, 3-13 and 1-5 (3s)

Amare_32
Well Ben Wallace is still pretty good. But yeah they definitely need to practice on their low post/half court offense. It's a mistake if they don't.

Ben is good but he is not the offensive player Amare is.

ponky
02-11-2007, 09:45 PM
The problem in this game is they are not getting Marion or Amare involve in the game and Barbosa and Banks are not true point guards.

lakers got by without a true point guard but i guess they were used to it

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:46 PM
i think marcus banks has been decent as a backup pg...it's not his fault he doesn't get the minutes when the suns really can't afford to not have nash on the court
He's much better in a half-court offense. Even then I'm not so sure if he's starter material. They are paying a lot for a backup.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Well they definitely had their chance to get a couple of good ones in this last draft. They actually had them and then traded them away for cash.

Thats Sarver trying to save money.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:47 PM

On a team with Kobe you don't really need a pure pg.

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Ben is good but he is not the offensive player Amare is.
I was talking about playing defense on Amare.

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Thats Sarver trying to save money.
MISTAKE

ponky
02-11-2007, 09:49 PM

has more to do with triangle offense but you're right as well

here we go, game is heating up!

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes it's been way to many years since we had one. It's actually kind of sad.

Oh well I still remember Magic. :smokin

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 09:52 PM
has more to do with triangle offense but you're right as well

here we go, game is heating up!

Marion has showed up!

ponky
02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
haha, they are wearing those summer global jerseys with the little flags...sorry, it's been bugging me all game to figure it out

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 09:56 PM
But it will definitely help. Kobe at this stage in his career shouldn't be asked to play PG. The Lakers desperately need one.

Purple & Gold
02-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Very good comeback from Phoenix. It's a good game now.

Amarelooms
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
bulls are horrible....no offensive game plan...just throw up bricks. Not going to beat the Suns playing their style

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Very good comeback from Phoenix. It's a good game now.

Hopefully they keep it up in the 4th.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 10:05 PM
bulls are horrible....no offensive game plan...just throw up bricks. Not going to beat the Suns playing their style

Like I said the Bulls tend to go through droughts were they can't score.

ponky
02-11-2007, 10:06 PM
on a sidenote (because it was just a commercial on this channel) i love that new jumpman23 commercial...that piece is one of my favorite musical pieces and it goes well with the commercial

Xylus
02-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure how the Suns are winning this game, but they are. They looked absolutely dismal in the first 30 minutes of this game. They suddenly found a spark on both ends of the floor and erased a 14-point lead.

Amarelooms
02-11-2007, 10:09 PM
on a sidenote (because it was just a commercial on this channel) i love that new jumpman23 commercial...that piece is one of my favorite musical pieces and it goes well with the commercial

On a "sidenote" what are you wearing? :elephant

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 10:20 PM
This will be the second straight game the Suns have battled back from double-digit deficits, only to blow the lead lead in the third and early fourth. They just dig themselves into too big a hole early, expend too much energy catching up quickly, then have no legs left for the fourth.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-11-2007, 10:24 PM
This game is over! Thanks Chicago for your help!! :) :)

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 10:31 PM
This will be the second straight game the Suns have battled back from double-digit deficits, only to blow the lead lead in the third and early fourth. They just dig themselves into too big a hole early, expend too much energy catching up quickly, then have no legs left for the fourth.

Wow... it's a mirror image. They used up all they had in the six minute it took to erase 30 minutes of errors and build a near double-digit lead late in the third, only to have nothing left for the final period of the game.

ponky
02-11-2007, 10:31 PM

i don't think this is the problem, they have some of the most impressive legs in the league...i thought they were going to fold the next night (btb) after that ridiculous game against the nets and they didn't...also, they constantly run up the score anyway the entire game so it's not like they are expending any more energy than they already do...i think it's mostly that nash is out and now with diaw (although he was horrible the last game), it's just a tad bit too much for the remaining guys. i can't believe he didn't even play jalen rose at least a couple of more minutes, especially because rose used to be a bull and sometimes guys get up for a game against their old team

TheMulvany
02-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Who's that in the rear view mirror? Well, it was the Suns, but now they're 3 games back so I can't even see them anymore.

ponky
02-11-2007, 10:37 PM
don't take this as a diss suns fans, but you guys better hope nash's back gets well soon but more importantly, stays well! i wonder if he does acupuncture, it will do wonders for muscle problems

TheMulvany
02-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm sure Suns fans will cry about how Nash didn't play...but the Suns have gotten to play EVERYONE when they were without their best players. They've had the luckiest schedule of anyone in the NBA.

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 10:39 PM
i don't think this is the problem, they have some of the most impressive legs in the league...i thought they were going to fold the next night (btb) after that ridiculous game against the nets and they didn't...also, they constantly run up the score anyway the entire game so it's not like they are expending any more energy than they already do...i think it's mostly that nash is out and now with diaw (although he was horrible the last game), it's just a tad bit too much for the remaining guys. i can't believe he didn't even play jalen rose at least a couple of more minutes, especially because rose used to be a bull and sometimes guys get up for a game against their old team

Well, having watched all four (well, 3-1/2) sans-Nash games, I can tell you it is the problem. Sure, these guys have great stamina, but when you're missing two and three players of your eight-man rotation, then the minutes get added to players who've, A. either played tons already or B. aren't used to playing more than 10-20 minutes per. Of course the problem is Nash's absense, as each player is asked do play more and do more with him gone.

It's a direct extension of the shots not coming as easy, them having to work longer and harder on offense while maintaining their effort on defense and the boards, which is difficult when your legs are tired.

No excuses, though. I'm not saying this to be an excuse. Chicago took it to the Suns for 40 of the 48 minutes. They won. Suns played hard until they were worn to the nubs.

And yes, why Rose isn't playing more is beyond me. He is a slasher who can generate some offense and make life a little easier and yet he just sits there night after night.

timvp
02-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Keep winning, Chicago. That draft pick will come to San Antonio. :devil

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm sure Suns fans will cry about how Nash didn't play...but the Suns have gotten to play EVERYONE when they were without their best players. They've had the luckiest schedule of anyone in the NBA.

In fact, you're the only one who's even brought it up.

Play who ya got, beat who ya play.

Suns have had their chances without Nash and have won two and lost two.

Sucks. I'll take playoff health over a few February wins. I'll sit Nash and Diaw out for as long as it's necessary. I wouldn't play either until after the All-Star break.

ponky
02-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, having watched all four (well, 3-1/2) sans-Nash games, I can tell you it is the problem. Sure, these guys have great stamina, but when you're missing two and three players of your eight-man rotation, then the minutes get added to players who've, A. either played tons already or B. aren't used to playing more than 10-20 minutes per. Of course the problem is Nash's absense, as each player is asked do play more and do more with him gone.

It's a direct extension of the shots not coming as easy, them having to work longer and harder on offense while maintaining their effort on defense and the boards, which is difficult when your legs are tired.

No excuses, though. I'm not saying this to be an excuse. Chicago took it to the Suns for 40 of the 48 minutes. They won. Suns played hard until they were worn to the nubs.

And yes, why Rose isn't playing more is beyond me. He is a slasher who can generate some offense and make life a little easier and yet he just sits there night after night.

Yeah, I don't believe in excuses because like Mulvany noted, the Suns have played plenty of games against teams without their stars and Nocioni/PJ Brown didn't play but I do think D'Antoni should start thinking about giving guys like Rose a couple of more minutes NOW rather than waiting until the playoffs when he *might* need them. Then again, he might not need them, but it's better to at least get them in the rotation now and not leave things like that to chance. What's the status of Kurt Thomas, any timetable for his return?

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 10:48 PM
In fact, you're the only one who's even brought it up.

Play who ya got, beat who ya play.

Suns have had their chances without Nash and have won two and lost two.

Sucks. I'll take playoff health over a few February wins. I'll sit Nash and Diaw out for as long as it's necessary. I wouldn't play either until after the All-Star break.

Exactly they were right there with the lead but Bell was missing tonight. Plus those turnovers on those inbound passes really hurt. I take a few losses if it means a healthy Nash and Diaw.

Amarelooms
Yeah, I don't believe in excuses because like Mulvany noted, the Suns have played plenty of games against teams without their stars and Nocioni didn't play but I do think D'Antoni should start thinking about giving guys like Rose a couple of more minutes NOW rather than waiting until the playoffs when he *might* need them. Then again, he might not need them, but it's better to at least get them in the rotation now and not leave things like that to chance. What's the status of Kurt Thomas, any timetable for his return?

Stop posting jibberish and answer the question

JMarkJohns
Thomas could be back anytime after the All-Star break. That'll be big. Amare has been playing great, but they can't ride him yet. He can't get worn down. He's as big come playoff time as Nash is, but for different reasons. Amare needs Thomas to wear out the opposition's best rebounder and post scorer for the 20 minutes KT gives. Amare just isn't ready to play 38 minutes a night on both ends yet. Not for the better half of a season and the playoffs, anyways...

Amarelooms
Exactly they were right there with the lead but Bell was missing tonight. Plus those turnovers on those inbound passes really hurt. I take a few losses if it means a healthy Nash and Diaw.

Can't afford losses if you wanna catch the Mavs my lost friend.....

ponky
02-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Stop posting jibberish and answer the question

you think i'm constantly walking around wearing sexy $300 lingerie from la perla?!?!??!

Amarelooms
02-11-2007, 10:49 PM
you think i'm constantly walking around wearing sexy $300 lingerie from la perla?!?!??!

:clap :hungry:

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I don't believe in excuses because like Mulvany noted, the Suns have played plenty of games against teams without their stars and Nocioni/PJ Brown didn't play but I do think D'Antoni should start thinking about giving guys like Rose a couple of more minutes NOW rather than waiting until the playoffs when he *might* need them. Then again, he might not need them, but it's better to at least get them in the rotation now and not leave things like that to chance. What's the status of Kurt Thomas, any timetable for his return?

I wish he would play Rose more. Rose is good at getting to the basket and he might be able to make plays for others. I think asking Barbosa to make plays is too much. Barbosa should only worry about scoring where he is more effective.

Celtic Pride
02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
OK, if the Suns are 3 games back of the Mavs in the West will they still be ranked #1 in the Hollinger Poll?

Amarelooms
02-11-2007, 10:53 PM
OK, if the Suns are 3 games back of the Mavs in the West will they still be ranked #1 in the Hollinger Poll?

The only "poll" that matters is the AmareLOOMS poll my friend and here it is:

1. MAVS

2. Everyone else

sribb43
02-11-2007, 10:53 PM

Of course they will, according to Hollinger's amazing scientific formula he came up with

Xylus
02-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Here's hoping for a completely healthy Suns team after the All-Star break. Otherwise, D'Antoni's going to run some of our guys into the ground...

Not entirely his fault, though. Burke and Banks are dreadful, and Rose isn't much better.

ponky
I wish he would play Rose more. Rose is good at getting to the basket and he might be able to make plays for others. I think asking Barbosa to make plays is too much. Barbosa should only worry about scoring where he is more effective.

Barbosa's been great with the scoring...of course I yell expletives at the TV when he scores because I'm a Mavs fan, but I'll admit, his moves are very impressive! :p:

D'Antoni is so weird sometimes, like with Nash's health. I know he's an optimistic guy but he just sounds like he's out of the loop when talking about Nash's back, like he thought he was going to play today and he expects him to play in the next game but Nash sounded pretty neutral about the whole thing, like he was just being cautious. They just don't seem like they're on the same page.

Amare_32
Can't afford losses if you wanna catch the Mavs my lost friend.....

I don't think the Suns are really that worry about catching the Mavs. Granted getting the #1 seed in the West would be great but not at the expense of Nash being hurt going into the playoffs. Plus having homecourt against the Mavs is a bonus not necessary. After all they have beaten the Mavs in Dallas in the playoffs. They are quite capable of doing it again if needed. With the East as bad as it is if the Suns win the West they will more then likely have HCA in the Finals.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Barbosa's been great with the scoring...of course I yell expletives at the TV when he scores because I'm a Mavs fan, but I'll admit, his moves are very impressive! :p:

D'Antoni is so weird sometimes, like with Nash's health. I know he's an optimistic guy but he just sounds like he's out of the loop when talking about Nash's back, like he thought he was going to play today and he expects him to play in the next game but Nash sounded pretty neutral about the whole thing, like he was just being cautious. They just don't seem like they're on the same page.

Is public spin I guess. Nash's back is more of a concern then they let on because of his age. Thats why Nash according to other Suns players is more vocal this year about doing whatever it takes to win the title.

ponky
02-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Here's hoping for a completely healthy Suns team after the All-Star break. Otherwise, D'Antoni's going to run some of our guys into the ground...

Not entirely his fault, though. Burke and Banks are dreadful, and Rose isn't much better.

Rose doesn't even get enough minutes to prove that one way or another. What about Raja tonight? He didn't exactly contribute much. Banks was not horrible either, he had 7 assists, a block and was 4-8 in FGs (check Marion's FGs)...not great, but he's an average backup pg and has kind of been tossed in there to play all those minutes.

Fillmoe
02-11-2007, 10:58 PM
my baby bulls are beastin!

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Rose doesn't even get enough minutes to prove that one way or another. What about Raja tonight? He didn't exactly contribute much. Banks was not horrible either, he had 7 assists, a block and was 4-8 in FGs (check Marion's FGs)...not great, but he's an average backup pg and has kind of been tossed in there to play all those minutes.

He should have played Rose more with Raja playing that awful. What did he have to lose by giving him serious minutes?

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think the Suns are really that worry about catching the Mavs. Granted getting the #1 seed in the West would be great but not at the expense of Nash being hurt going into the playoffs. Plus having homecourt against the Mavs is a bonus not necessary. After they have beaten the Mavs in Dallas in the playoffs. They are quite capable of doing it again if needed. With the East as bad as it is if the Suns win the West they will more then likely have HCA in the Finals.

I'll be bitchslapped for this, this site being a Spurs site and all, but at this point, I'm more confident with the Suns vs. the Spurs in the Semi-Finals, then the Suns vs. the Jazz. Not that things can't change, but right now, with Dallas being #1, Phoenix #2, San Antonio #3 and Utah #4, about the only real drawback to falling to #2 is the loss of homecourt if'n the Suns reach the Conference Finals. The Spurs would be a tough out for the Suns or Mavs, but the Suns play better vs. San Antonio. They just get amped for the game and that could make the difference for them.

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't think the Suns are really that worry about catching the Mavs. Granted getting the #1 seed in the West would be great but not at the expense of Nash being hurt going into the playoffs. Plus having homecourt against the Mavs is a bonus not necessary. After they have beaten the Mavs in Dallas in the playoffs. They are quite capable of doing it again if needed. With the East as bad as it is if the Suns win the West they will more then likely have HCA in the Finals.

This may be true but I just don't see the Mavs playing another ridiculous 7 game first-round series and going into the second round against a team that swept the first-round. IMO, that does matter. Anyway, you're right about the HCA with the Finals, nobody in the east will come close except for maybe the Pistons, and that's a long shot at best. Anyway, I think health is waaay more important than focusing on HCA, which won't mean anything if the best players are not 100%.

ducks
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
suns lack of d is the reason they lost
not because they did not have nash
but since they lose they will think nash deserves the mvp

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:05 PM
I'll be bitchslapped for this, this site being a Spurs site and all, but at this point, I'm more confident with the Suns vs. the Spurs in the Semi-Finals, then the Suns vs. the Jazz. Not that things can't change, but right now, with Dallas being #1, Phoenix #2, San Antonio #3 and Utah #4, about the only real drawback to falling to #2 is the loss of homecourt if'n the Suns reach the Conference Finals. The Spurs would be a tough out for the Suns or Mavs, but the Suns play better vs. San Antonio. They just get amped for the game and that could make the difference for them.

Well they can bitchslapped me also but I agree with you. No one in the West wants to see Dallas in the 1st or even 2nd round if possible. I rather see the Spurs or one of the LA teams or even Denver before Dallas. You know the Mavs are going to take a buzzsaw to thier 1st round opponent.

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:06 PM

Actually, Utah has passed the Spurs with today's loss.

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Well they can bitchslapped me also but I agree with you. No one in the West wants to see Dallas in the 1st or even 2nd round if possible. I rather see the Spurs or one of the LA teams or even Denver before Dallas. You know the Mavs are going to take a buzzsaw to thier 1st round opponent.

Haha, I prefer the Mavericks play either the Clippers or Nuggets in the first round rather than the Rockets and Lakers.

JMarkJohns
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Actually, Utah has passed the Spurs with today's loss.

Well shit! :depressed Still, the intent remains... I'll be pulling for the Spurs the rest of the way out. I need them to overtake Utah now that Phoenix has pretty much falling off the pace for best overall record.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:09 PM
suns lack of d is the reason they lost
not because they did not have nash
but since they lose they will think nash deserves the mvp

They actually played pretty decent defense in the 3rd. Chicago only scored 18 points in the period but they simply ran out of gas getting back into the game.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Haha, I prefer the Mavericks play either the Clippers or Nuggets in the first round rather than the Rockets and Lakers.

Clips or Nuggets= Mavs sweep

ducks
ran out of gas because they coach plays 8 players since nov
and it is only feb

Bob Lanier
Well, Utah has point guards who don't have broken jumpshots and a big man with range, in addition to a coach who doesn't tolerate softies like Pop does.

I'd rather play San Antonio than Utah as well, although I'd rather play Phoenix than either of them.

ducks
02-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Clips or Nuggets= Mavs sweep

who knows
nuggets have not been healthy with ai,melo, smith and camby yet
if healthy I think they can beat mavs :smokin

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Well shit! :depressed Still, the intent remains... I'll be pulling for the Spurs the rest of the way out. I need them to overtake Utah now that Phoenix has pretty much falling off the pace for best overall record.

Utah is not getting out of the 2nd round if that. This is a team that has not made the playoffs in a few years. They can't seem to stay healthy. I think people are overrating them in thier expecations for the playoffs.

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Clips or Nuggets= Mavs sweep I'll be rooting for those teams to stay in the 7th and 8th spots...especially the Clippers, their road record is atrocious.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, Utah has point guards who don't have broken jumpshots and a big man with range, in addition to a coach who doesn't tolerate softies like Pop does.

I'd rather play San Antonio than Utah as well, although I'd rather play Phoenix than either of them.

Be careful what you wish for. The Bulls are not beating the Suns in a seven game series. Of course you can hope that Nash sits out a few games.

ducks
02-11-2007, 11:16 PM
their road record sucks but that is because of sam cassel not playing

clippers will be easier then nuggets
but both team records will not indict how tough they are

Shank
02-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Suns should probably not let their opponents score so damned much. The numbers they're allowing is just ridiculous.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Yeah but the Nuggets really have not been that impressive. I think their record is barely or below .500.

ducks
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
yeah melo missed 15 games
then they got ai and he played 3 of those games that melo was out
and now ai and camby are hurt
IF HEALTHY THEY WOULD BE A TEAM I WOULD NOT WANT IN THE FIRST ROUND

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:23 PM

i think the nuggets may play better when everyone's on board, just not that much better...as for cassell, it's hard to tell...i remember when the bucks were in the playoffs a couple of years ago, he was basically a no-show the entire series...he could be effective but it's 50-50 and i don't think he'll keep up with devin harris, just a matter of younger, faster legs

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-11-2007, 11:24 PM
The Nuggs are an unknown quantity at the moment. Heck even ESPN put an 'undecided' grade next to them. They have dealt with the suspensions, injury after injury and trades.

This has resulted in constant lineup changes, 15 games without their superstar and of course lack of time for AI to get used to the normal Nuggets lineup.

AI and Melo have only had 5 or 6 games together and thats not enough to see how it will work out in the long run.

I'm looking ahead to next year for them coz it will give them enough time to gel and a training camp will help the team. I'm not expecting too much this postseason but i also wouldnt be suprised to see them upset any team.

Fillmoe
02-11-2007, 11:24 PM
how many mavs fans will commit suicide if the mavs lose in the first round?

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah melo missed 15 games
then they got ai and he played 3 of those games that melo was out
and now ai and camby are hurt
IF HEALTHY THEY WOULD BE A TEAM I WOULD NOT WANT IN THE FIRST ROUND

Doesn't mean they are going to win the West all of a sudden. They could not even hold on to a good lead and beat a Nashless Suns team. If they draw the Suns in the 1st round they won't get past them. The Nuggets also run but no one does the running game better then Phoenix. Don't give me the Nuggets play defense nonsense. The Nuggets are deadlast in the NBA in points allowed.

ducks
02-11-2007, 11:27 PM
they also were with ai and camby that game

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:27 PM
how many mavs fans will commit suicide if the mavs lose in the first round?

game hurt much tonight? that's alright you can take it out on us, i'm happy about today's games...typical fillmoe, bitching about the suns/mavs fans and then coming in and talking shit just like everyone else.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:29 PM
game hurt much tonight? that's alright you can take it out on us, i'm happy about today's games

I am happy with today's games except Suns/Bulls. :lol

ducks
02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
clippers are trying to save sam for the playoffs this year

livingston has been not so good this year

I am not saying denver will win it all
but they could upset a team in the first round
I think if healthy they can beat the mavs

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Doesn't mean they are going to win the West all of a sudden. They could not even hold on to a good lead and beat a Nashless Suns team

you do realise AI AND Camby didnt play against the Suns, right?

Camby averaged 17.7/14.0/2.33 vs the Suns last year. He is a HUGE factor when those teams face. I guarantee Barbosa would not have had easy layups in the 4th if Camby was patrolling the paint

:lol

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:33 PM

I don't know about the Mavs but stranger things have happen.

Fillmoe
game hurt much tonight? that's alright you can take it out on us, i'm happy about today's games...typical fillmoe, bitching about the suns/mavs fans and then coming in and talking shit just like everyone else.

the last 5 games hurt more than todays..... shit i wish we could repeat todays game for the rest of the season.... then next year we would be a beast to fuck with........

NuGGeTs-FaN
oh, and you know there is no such thing as a 'huge' lead vs the Suns. Any double digit lead can be wittled away quickly once the Suns start rolling, and thats exactly what they did vs the Nuggets and their horrible D

Camby was sorely missed

ponky
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
the last 5 games hurt more than todays..... shit i wish we could repeat todays game for the rest of the season.... then next year we would be a beast to fuck with........

lol, you're too crazy! :lol :lol :lol

Amarelooms
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM

:blah

Fillmoe
02-11-2007, 11:36 PM
if the nugz are healthy and they end up playing the mavs i guarantee the mavs dont make it out of the first round

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:36 PM
you do realise AI AND Camby didnt play against the Suns, right?

Camby averaged 17.7/14.0/2.33 vs the Suns last year. He is a HUGE factor when those teams face. I guarantee Barbosa would not have had easy layups in the 4th if Camby was patrolling the paint

The Suns were without Nash the second half so it even out a little. Don't make Camby out to be an All World Defender. I doubt any team in the west loses sleep worrying about Camby patrolling the paint. By the way even with Camby getting those numbers versus the Suns they have owned Denver the last 2 years. The Suns are 7-1 versus Denver the last 2 seasons. 8-1 if you include this season.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-11-2007, 11:40 PM
The Suns were without Nash the second half so it even out a little. Don't make Camby out to be an All World Defender. I doubt any team in the west loses sleep worrying about Camby patrolling the paint. By the way even with Camby getting those numbers versus the Suns they have owned Denver the last 2 years.

:lol u do realise he leads the leagues in shots blocked dont u?

Your kidding yourself if you dont think teams worry about his help defense. There is no way Barbosa just strolls into the paint if Camby is waiting there. Camby is always one of the candidates for DPOY

Please tell me other people here recognise the difference Camby makes in the paint

The Nuggets man on man D still sucks and the Suns have more offensive weapons which is why they win, but Camby always makes a difference on D.

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:43 PM
:lol u do realise he leads the leagues in shots blocked dont u?

Your kidding yourself if you dont think teams worry about his help defense. There is no way Barbosa just strolls into the paint if Camby is waiting there. Camby is always one of the candidates for DPOY

Please tell me other people here recognise the difference Camby makes in the paint

The Nuggets man on man D still sucks and the Suns have more offensive weapons which is why they win, but Camby always makes a difference on D.

Yeah sure but he is not blocking every shot. Plus he is going to have his hands full with Stoudemire. Thats assuming if he even stays healthy.

Amarelooms
02-11-2007, 11:45 PM
if the nugz are healthy and they end up playing the mavs i guarantee the mavs dont make it out of the first round

:blah hahaha you are truly a sad sad idividual.

If the Celtics are healthy and end up playing the Queens in the "Teams that suck ass" finals I guarantee the Queens get swept...now kindly fuck off loser :elephant

TheMulvany
02-11-2007, 11:45 PM
The Suns just don't match up well with the West, at all. Every team seems to have some huge advantage that the Suns' can't handle. Such as:

San Antonio - doesn't let Phoenix shoot 3's, kills them on the boards, knows how to get easy baskets against their soft defense

Utah - one of the best shooting teams in the league uses their huge rebounding edges to basically trade baskets with Phoenix, but win the game with more shots and blocks at the rim.

Dallas - Like Utah, Dallas kills Phoenix on the boards, making sure they get a lot more shots. Also, Dallas protects the ball. Basically, Dallas wins by getting 10-15 more possessions per game.

L.A. Lakers - Again....good defensive rebounding team. Phoenix has to shoot the ball very well against them every game to win, because there are no second chance points to be had.

Houston is the only team I think doesn't have a prayer at beating the Suns. Phoenix would just wear them out too easily.

Fillmoe
02-11-2007, 11:46 PM

If the Celtics are healthy and end up playing the Queens in the "Teams that suck ass" finals I guarantee the Queens get swept...now kindly fuck off loser :elephant

aint you a suns fan?

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah sure but he is not blocking every shot. Plus he is going to have his hands full with Stoudemire. Thats assuming if he even stays healthy.

i actually think Nene will stick with Amare when they meet. Camby isnt strong or quick enough to guard Amare in the paint. Nene is getting stronger and quicker as he gets healthy again and his D is slowly getting better.

That last game it was a good duel between the two for the most part. (Nene finished with 27pts and Amare 36pts)

dirk4mvp
02-11-2007, 11:47 PM

You're on a roll tonight!

Amare_32
The Suns just don't match up well with the West, at all. Every team seems to have some huge advantage that the Suns' can't handle. Such as:

San Antonio - doesn't let Phoenix shoot 3's, kills them on the boards, knows how to get easy baskets against their soft defense

Utah - one of the best shooting teams in the league uses their huge rebounding edges to basically trade baskets with Phoenix, but win the game with more shots and blocks at the rim.

Dallas - Like Utah, Dallas kills Phoenix on the boards, making sure they get a lot more shots. Also, Dallas protects the ball. Basically, Dallas wins by getting 10-15 more possessions per game.

L.A. Lakers - Again....good defensive rebounding team. Phoenix has to shoot the ball very well against them every game to win, because there are no second chance points to be had.

Houston is the only team I think doesn't have a prayer at beating the Suns. Phoenix would just wear them out too easily.

:sleep

Celtic Pride

NOOOO! The Celts would rather have the best pick. :hungry:

Fillmoe
02-11-2007, 11:52 PM

You're on a roll tonight!

50% of the time my predictions are right all the time.......... just like i called the colts winning the bowl

dirk4mvp
02-11-2007, 11:53 PM
50% of the time my predictions are right all the time.......... just like i called the colts winning the bowl

You're football predictions are good, I'll give you that.

But your basketball predictions suck ass, and this would be a failed prediction saying the Nuggets could beat the Mavs in a series. In fact, such a thought makes me chuckle out loud.

Fillmoe
02-11-2007, 11:54 PM
*makes mental note of thread so when the mavdicks get tossed by the nuggets i am sure to give this a bumpity bump

Amare_32
02-11-2007, 11:58 PM
*makes mental note of thread so when the mavdicks get tossed by the nuggets i am sure to give this a bumpity bump

Fillmoe I have a hard time seeing the Nuggets even take the Mavs to 5 games let alone beat them. Are you sure you want to stick with ths?

mavsfan1000
02-12-2007, 04:26 AM
If the Nuggets are as good as you think they are they will get a better seed spot than 8. 6 or 7 may be more like it.

mabber
02-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Utah is not getting out of the 2nd round if that. This is a team that has not made the playoffs in a few years. They can't seem to stay healthy. I think people are overrating them in thier expecations for the playoffs.

I agree. I think they play hard all the time now and won't really have another level to go to in the playoffs like most teams do. At the same time, I'd rather not play them cuz you know it's going to be a very physical series.

RonMexico
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM

You watch zero Suns games. Suns don't give up 10-15 extra rebounds per game to Utah and the Mavs - in fact, they tied the Jazz last game, but Okur was on fire in the 4th.

I guess the Spurs lost by 16 with all those easy baskets they got and 3's they "didn't give up"?

Don't start bringing in number of possessions vs. the Mavs since you discredit the argument in any other thread on this board. Likewise, if it took the Mavs 10-15 "extra possessions" to win by 2 in December, then I guess the Suns' defense is better than you think.

Suns have played the Lakers once this year, in the first game of the season, so now you're going Rosen on us and making sweeping arguments based on limited observation.

Why don't we just go ahead and say the Suns are sucking huge dick right now with Nash and Diaw out? The guys on the floor are turning into big pussies when the offense isn't clicking and they become lazier on defense as a result. I've been pulling for Marcus Banks all season, but the Suns have been outscored by 43 in the last two games while he's on the floor... time to cut the experiment.

Everyone is trying too hard out there and Marion/Bell can't hit a shot to save their lives. Amare is being very active and a very good teammate (cheering from the sidelines) these days, so that's all the positive I can take out of it. Still, the officiating was terrible both ways last night against Chicago - I thought I was watching a YMCA game with rookie refs. It's like Amare doesn't know what to do, because one game, he can get away with a lot and the next, he's got 2 fouls 3 mins into the first quarter and has to sit down. I don't understand why Ben Wallace can flop to pick up offensive fouls but then hack the shit out of Amare in the 4th with no calls. Then Luol Deng goes down and is destroyed by Marion with no whistle and it pisses me off even more - refs need the all star break to unwind as well.

In the end, Burke hustles, but he's too raw; and I think Jalen Rose should play more out there than Banks these days because his intelligence could save them at least 5 turnovers per game, and he can distribute the ball very well.

Amarelooms
02-12-2007, 12:06 PM
You watch zero Suns games. Suns don't give up 10-15 extra rebounds per game to Utah and the Mavs - in fact, they tied the Jazz last game, but Okur was on fire in the 4th.

I guess the Spurs lost by 16 with all those easy baskets they got and 3's they "didn't give up"?

Don't start bringing in number of possessions vs. the Mavs since you discredit the argument in any other thread on this board. Likewise, if it took the Mavs 10-15 "extra possessions" to win by 2 in December, then I guess the Suns' defense is better than you think.

Suns have played the Lakers once this year, in the first game of the season, so now you're going Rosen on us and making sweeping arguments based on limited observation.

Mavs >>>> Suns....sorry a homer like you can't accept it. The Mavs are the WC Champs and team to beat. Road to the Finals in the West goes through Dallas and not Phoenix.....

mabber
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM

I'll wait to reserve final judgement on the Sun's defense but so far I just don't see any improvement in the games I've watched. I'm seriously looking for it as many Sun's fans and a couple of national media guys have said they were improved. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong games. Their defense absolutely SUCKED last night vs. the Bulls. Last week, they held the Spurs to a low point total but that was because the Spurs couldn't hit WIDE OPEN shots. I'm sure the return of K.Thomas will help, so I'll wait and see after that. As I've said before though, I've only seen some of their games (about 12-14 of them I'd guess) so I'm sure I've missed some of their good defensive performances.

RonMexico
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Mavs >>>> Suns....sorry a homer like you can't accept it. The Mavs are the WC Champs and team to beat. Road to the Finals in the West goes through Dallas and not Phoenix.....

So the Mavs are the west champs and #1 in the conference and that makes TheMulvaney's ridiculous comments correct? After spending a weekend in your city, I've come to understand that logic isn't the forte of DFW, so I'm going to start cutting you a little slack, but still... this addresses not a single point I made.

Specific to the Mavs, he'll say the Suns have no defense but then say the Mavs get "10-15 extra possessions" but only win by 2? What?

Well, this comes from the guy who created a thread to ask if the Mavs should pull a Celtics and start tanking for the sake of the fragile Spurs.

RonMexico
02-12-2007, 12:13 PM
I'll wait to reserve final judgement on the Sun's defense but so far I just don't see any improvement in the games I've watched. I'm seriously looking for it as many Sun's fans and a couple of national media guys have said they were improved. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong games. Their defense absolutely SUCKED last night vs. the Bulls. Last week, they held the Spurs to a low point total but that was because the Spurs couldn't hit WIDE OPEN shots. I'm sure the return of K.Thomas will help, so I'll wait and see after that. As I've said before though, I've only seen some of their games (about 12-14 of them I'd guess) so I'm sure I've missed some of their good defensive performances.

Yeah, they played like shit against Chicago - I addressed it in my argument, but when their offense is stagnant, they get lazy and non-active on defense and that's what happened (again) last night. D'Antoni discussed how Dallas will maintain mental focus at all times and that's the strongest hurdle for the Suns because they have all the talent in the world, but just need to harness it for good.

mabber
02-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, they played like shit against Chicago - I addressed it in my argument, but when their offense is stagnant, they get lazy and non-active on defense and that's what happened (again) last night. D'Antoni discussed how Dallas will maintain mental focus at all times and that's the strongest hurdle for the Suns because they have all the talent in the world, but just need to harness it for good.

Actually, the Mavs are struggling with maintaining mental focus but it's usually in games where they have big leads. The Rocket game on Friday night was good for them as the Mavs realized that they had to focus the entire game.

I think the Suns should give Rose a chance to play some decent minutes and show what he can do.

RonMexico
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Actually, the Mavs are struggling with maintaining mental focus but it's usually in games where they have big leads. The Rocket game on Friday night was good for them as the Mavs realized that they had to focus the entire game.

I think the Suns should give Rose a chance to play some decent minutes and show what he can do.

Yeah, I don't know why Jalen is on the bench. I have a feeling that his +/- would be off the charts. Mavs and Suns are probably suffering from the pre-All-Star lull, but there's no doubt the Suns' focus has been off with two 4th-quarter meltdowns last week.

AZLouis
02-12-2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.82games.com/0607/0607PHO.HTM

For +/- stats. Rose's aren't very great. -13 when he's on the court and +9 when he's off the court.

As much as I'd like to see Rose play, I'm beginning to wonder about him being on the team.

He recently gave an interview and said that the Suns offered to let him leave the team to go where he could get PT. But he declined saying he was happy being here.

But if you watch him play, all he does is run to a corner and stand there until it's time to go play defense. Or is that really the offensive involvement Antoni wants Rose to have when he gets his limited time on the court?

He isn't a 3 point threat by any means, his career average is 35% which is decent for guy who occassionally launches one.

mabber
02-12-2007, 03:35 PM

For +/- stats. Rose's aren't very great. -13 when he's on the court and +9 when he's off the court.

As much as I'd like to see Rose play, I'm beginning to wonder about him being on the team.

He recently gave an interview and said that the Suns offered to let him leave the team to go where he could get PT. But he declined saying he was happy being here.

But if you watch him play, all he does is run to a corner and stand there until it's time to go play defense. Or is that really the offensive involvement Antoni wants Rose to have when he gets his limited time on the court?

He isn't a 3 point threat by any means, his career average is 35% which is decent for guy who occassionally launches one.

Don't 3 of the Suns run to a spot beyond the 3pt line on every offensive set? Nash drives and/or pick 'n rolls with Amare or kicks it out to one of the 3 guys? Isn't that pretty much their offense? That definitely doesn't fit Jalen's game but I'd think they could use him in a different way when he was on the court. That guy has always been able to score.

AZLouis
02-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Don't 3 of the Suns run to a spot beyond the 3pt line on every offensive set? Nash drives and/or pick 'n rolls with Amare or kicks it out to one of the 3 guys? Isn't that pretty much their offense? That definitely doesn't fit Jalen's game but I'd think they could use him in a different way when he was on the court. That guy has always been able to score.

Bell (6/12 3PTM/A) 44%
James Jones (2/5 3PTM/A) 35% (over 40% since the old ball came back)
Barbosa (6/13 3PTM/A) 47%

*(rounded to nearest whole number for 3PTM/A)

For his career Rose doesn't even average 1 make per game from 3.

Those guys are bombers and can make the shot at a high rate. Plus they insinuate themselves into the offense by doing more than just standing in the corner.

mabber
02-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Bell (6/12 3PTM/A) 44%
James Jones (2/5 3PTM/A) 35% (over 40% since the old ball came back)
Barbosa (6/13 3PTM/A) 47%

*(rounded to nearest whole number for 3PTM/A)

For his career Rose doesn't even average 1 make per game from 3.

Those guys are bombers and can make the shot at a high rate. Plus they insinuate themselves into the offense by doing more than just standing in the corner.

Then what was the point of signing Rose if D'Antoni wasn't going to use his strengths?

AZLouis
02-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Then what was the point of signing Rose if D'Antoni wasn't going to use his strengths?

Got me.

It seems more like it was signing to prevent other teams from getting rather than addressing team needs.

Take that Miami!

RonMexico
02-13-2007, 01:23 PM

My thing is that he played very well in the first few games after they got him (i.e. Utah and Philly are good examples) when they were letting him do his thing. His +/- is negligible because he only gets garbage minutes and usually feeds Burke for some 3pt bombs. I say I want him on the floor in a point-forward sense because he can see the floor well, he's smart, he's a team player, and he could probably back down a few guys at the SF/SG spots and kick out for 3's or hit his pretty decent turnaround jumper.

I didn't like the signing at first, but when I saw how he meshed pretty well with the team (I thought) in those first few games, I've become one of his biggest advocates. Besides, shouldn't we be supporting some kind of use of the bench at this point for the stretch run/playoffs?

His veteran leadership will be integral... he's actually been to the Finals before with Indiana. D'Antoni needs to learn and change up the offense when Nash isn't on the floor - Barbosa/Banks aren't good enough PG to run it the way Steve does and a little inside-out game using Amare/Jalen on the block and Bell, Barbosa, Jones spotting up could be very good. I think of Jalen in the old Barkely sense: let him back down a little bit and kick it out if he's double-teamed or he can make a move at the hoop.

That 92-93 Suns team averaged 113 PPG and they didn't have to use this spread offense with the PG as the focal pt. It's just time to get rid of the Banks/Barbosa experiment at PG and focus on using any of the agile big men on this team (Rose, Diaw, Amare) when Nash is on the bench. They can still outscore everyone if they only get 105 PPG...

AZLouis
02-13-2007, 01:57 PM
My thing is that he played very well in the first few games after they got him (i.e. Utah and Philly are good examples) when they were letting him do his thing. His +/- is negligible because he only gets garbage minutes and usually feeds Burke for some 3pt bombs. I say I want him on the floor in a point-forward sense because he can see the floor well, he's smart, he's a team player, and he could probably back down a few guys at the SF/SG spots and kick out for 3's or hit his pretty decent turnaround jumper.

I didn't like the signing at first, but when I saw how he meshed pretty well with the team (I thought) in those first few games, I've become one of his biggest advocates. Besides, shouldn't we be supporting some kind of use of the bench at this point for the stretch run/playoffs?

His veteran leadership will be integral... he's actually been to the Finals before with Indiana. D'Antoni needs to learn and change up the offense when Nash isn't on the floor - Barbosa/Banks aren't good enough PG to run it the way Steve does and a little inside-out game using Amare/Jalen on the block and Bell, Barbosa, Jones spotting up could be very good. I think of Jalen in the old Barkely sense: let him back down a little bit and kick it out if he's double-teamed or he can make a move at the hoop.

That 92-93 Suns team averaged 113 PPG and they didn't have to use this spread offense with the PG as the focal pt. It's just time to get rid of the Banks/Barbosa experiment at PG and focus on using any of the agile big men on this team (Rose, Diaw, Amare) when Nash is on the bench. They can still outscore everyone if they only get 105 PPG...

:clap