PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, first time poster

Adam
02-12-2007, 01:40 AM
There isn't really a welcome forum, otherwise I would've posted this in there. I live in San Antonio, but I've been a Celtics fan since I was 5. Anyways, obviously the problems with the Celts are numerous, but I've always followed the Spurs since it was so easy to do being around here.

So, if you want to move this to another forum, that's cool. Hi everyone.

SoCalSpursFan
02-12-2007, 01:43 AM
You should let his post stay in the Spurs section, ya know, considering his team's "situation".

lefty
02-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Welcome and be strong ; this is war outhere

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Are the Celtics tanking or do they really just suck?

ro_50
02-12-2007, 01:48 AM
You should let his post stay in the Spurs section, ya know, considering his team's "situation".

I'm sure his team's situation will be brightened come ping-pong day for the NBA Draft Lottery sweepstakes, oh wait, these are the Celtics we are talking about.

Instead of getting a chance to draft Greg Oden or K. Durant, they will be stuck w/ the chance to draft.....

fill in the blank at your own free will.........

but welcome to the forum. The Celtics do have some outstanding young talent and if they did get the first pick in the draft and a chance to draft Oden, their team could be dynamite in a few years......

But it all depends on those darn balls...

Mr. Body
02-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Are the Celtics tanking or do they really just suck?

Both.

Easy to tank when you absolutely suck.

I truly hope Oden nor Durant become Celtics, or else they'll be guaranteed to be the same player in game 240 as they are in game 1. That's an awful franchise from top to bottom and, sadly, even their 'outstanding young talent' is pretty overrated, as well.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 01:50 AM
I actually like a lot of the Celtics players - Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Kendrick Perkins.

Maybe y'all are just cursed by having Michael Olowokandi.

Mr. Body
02-12-2007, 01:51 AM
I actually like a lot of the Celtics players - Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Kendrick Perkins.

Not a single one of those players is nearly as good as Boston players pump them up to be. I've heard Al Jefferson is about as good as Dwight Howard. Sheesh.

ro_50
02-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Both.

Easy to tank when you absolutely suck.

I truly hope Oden nor Durant become Celtics, or else they'll be guaranteed to be the same player in game 240 as they are in game 1. That's an awful franchise from top to bottom and, sadly, even their 'outstanding young talent' is pretty overrated, as well.

I think they have decent young talent, I think Al Jefferson is going to be a player and he's playing well this year and Ryan Gomes is a solid player and G. Green is developing ok enough.

It's not overrated or underrated, time will tell. But the pieces are intriguing.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 01:53 AM
... I've heard Al Jefferson is about as good as Dwight Howard. Sheesh.
Come on, now.

That's ridiculous.

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Welcome.

Adam
02-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Come on guys, this is a Spurs forum, I didn't register finally because I wanted to talk Celtics basketball. I could've gone there to do that.

I live here, so I want to talk Spurs. This is just a "OH HAY WHAT'S UP" thread.

SAtown
02-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Come on guys, this is a Spurs forum, I didn't register finally because I wanted to talk Celtics basketball. I could've gone there to do that.

I live here, so I want to talk Spurs. This is just a "OH HAY WHAT'S UP" thread.

Why Celtics, just curious...

Celtic Pride
02-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Adam, nice to have another Celts fan on here. Yes we are tanking. Ainge needs to be replaced. Just because the Older Celtic players are great does not make them a great coach or GM. Things will be better next year. The numbers I picked for My NBA Lottery Ticket are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Powerball is Big Trade.

Mr. Body
02-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Come on, now.

That's ridiculous.

Of course it is. But Boston fans (of any sport) constantly overrate their players and teams. It catches on in other outlets, too, which annoys. That team is a mess and their 'outstanding' young talent is mediocre at best. Jefferson may wind up being good, but his stats are clearly buffered by playing on a shitty team.

Adam
02-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Why Celtics...

My parents took my sister and I on a summer road trip vacation when I was 5. A stop included their longtime friends who happened to live in Boston. This was 1984, Boston was in the Finals. I remember being told I couldn't stay up with my pop to watch the games while we were on our Boston stop, and I hid out behind the couch and caught glimpses of it. That was pretty much it, I was a Celtic fan from there on out.

Adam
02-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Anyways, nice meeting some of you. I look forward to debating Spurs basketball and then getting yelled at and being told I'm on the longest losing streak in Celtics history.

I know how you mofos roll.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2007, 02:23 AM
i think you enjoy the duncan era record 18-0 against you clowns :D

SAtown
02-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Why Celtics...

My parents took my sister and I on a summer road trip vacation when I was 5. A stop included their longtime friends who happened to live in Boston. This was 1984, Boston was in the Finals. I remember being told I couldn't stay up with my pop to watch the games while we were on our Boston stop, and I hid out behind the couch and caught glimpses of it. That was pretty much it, I was a Celtic fan from there on out.

Cool story. Enjoy spurstalk :smokin

ShoogarBear
02-12-2007, 07:25 AM
17 in a row isn't long enough for me.