PDA

View Full Version : Win as a team, lose as a team.

Tom_Foolery
02-12-2007, 04:16 AM
i've heard the whole "players play the game" thing, but at what point does the coach & staff have to take some of the responsibility of the way things are going? i'm not saying they should take responsibility entirely, but even 1% wouldn't be a bad start because the way i see it, it is the coaches responsibility to keep their players mentally strong and in the game for the entire game and not just for 3 quarters.

today's blowout looked like phoenix's game where we were in the game for 90% of the game until the last 4 minutes at the end of the 4th quarters. the team looked mentally lost. they didn't even look mad when they knew they were going to lose, they just looked lost. that scares me.

right now, the spurs have no identity. they used to be the "half-court" defensive team, but not anymore. to me, the spurs look like they are conforming to "small ball" lineups and are struggling because that's just not what the spurs are. we used to slow the ball down, but not anymore. teams like dallas and phoenix impose their will on the spurs when it used to be the other way around, and because of that, the spurs will not win the championship unless they figure out their identity, who they are, what they're good at, and impose their will and make teams conform to competing at spurs style of basketball.

right now, chris webber wouldn't have been such a bad idea. i'd definitely take c-webb over elson & oberto in the lineup anyday, weak defense and all.

i feel a trade coming and atleast that will give me some kind of glimmer of home because if we stay with the same lineup, we will exit the 1st round and guaranteed 1 of our top 3 players will be traded if that happens.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Your "At what point does the coach & staff take some responsibility?" speech is in the "Fire Pop" thread.