PDA

View Full Version : Love my Spurs and will always be a fan BUT!!!

lebomb
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
They will NOT win the championship this year.......sorry to all, but someone has to say it.

I just dont see them getting it done. The team looks totally lost to me.

Hate me if you must, but I just dont see it happening at all.

I will enjoy our 3 championships.......because we arent winning a 4th. At least not this year.

There I said it, let the crucifying begin. :wakeup

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I don't think many here will argue with you on that...

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
They will NOT win the championship this year.......sorry to all, but someone has to say it.

I will enjoy our 3 championships.......because we arent winning a 4th. At least not this year.

For what i saw yesterday,I´d say we don´t have a solid chance this year,but When playoffs come around it´ll be a totally deferent scenario.
I´d keep my coments to the end of the season.

nkdlunch
02-12-2007, 10:08 AM
They will NOT win the championship this year

way to go out on a limb. Can you tell us something we don't know.

lebomb
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM
way to go out on a limb. Can you tell us something we don't know.

........I havent really seen too many people giving up hope like I have this early. The Spurs should have jelled by now and they havent. :depressed

Melmart1
02-12-2007, 10:10 AM

Somebody has to say it? How about 99% of the posters on the board who believe it and have already said it? What makes your version so special?

Texas_Ranger
02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I still believe we'll win it. Just we need to make some changes - start with a trade.

nkdlunch
02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
........I havent really seen too many people giving up hope like I have this early. The Spurs should have jelled by now and they havent. :depressed

I haven't given up hope completely, because look at the Heat, they are pretty much in same position as us and they have a chance. We have it tougher because we have to go through West teams in the playoffs, but if Heat can make it to the finals(which is very possible) then we can too. It's just very, very, very unlikely at this point playing the way we are.

lebomb
02-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Somebody has to say it? How about 99% of the posters on the board who believe it and have already said it? What makes your version so special?

.......like I said above......alot of those have had a little bit of hope come playoffs.......Im saying NO chance. Playoffs or not. I dont even think a trade will help.....unless we can get Carmelo or Lebron for Udrich. :cry

SenorSpur
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM

I don't have any arguments there. It's certainly OK to have faith and hold out some hope that they can turn it around. However, that's not likely with the current state of this roster. We all see what we see and you must be realistic.

That certainly doesn't make you any less of a fan because you're admitting the obvious.

bdictjames
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I´d keep my coments to the end of the season.
I guess you've learned something from Arenas. :smokin

lebomb
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I guess you've learned something from Arenas. :smokin

If Im wrong.....you can rip me a new one at seasons end. Im standing by my statements though.

Championship 4 isnt happening this year.

AFBlue
02-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I still believe we'll win it. Just we need to make some changes - start with a trade.

Agreed.

If 22 Feb comes and goes with no change to this roster...then I'll say it.

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Agreed.

If 22 Feb comes and goes with no change to this roster...then I'll say it.

Say it now PHAT!!
you know there won´t be no trades anyways :depressed

AFBlue
02-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Say it now PHAT!!
you know there won´t be no trades anyways :depressed

I have a dream Args....I have a dream...

dknights411
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm more intrigued as to what our upcoming offseason will bring. I mean it's pretty obvious that this is Robert Horry's last season, and we might lose Bruce and to retirement too (just a gut feeling). I'm curious to see how the Spurs will stir things up next year.

SAGambler
02-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, I won't go so far as to say "no way in hell". It certainly looks a little iffy right now, but like they say, "it ain't over till the fat lady sings".

Just keep in mind, the Heat didn't have a chance in hell last year, yet they hoisted the trophy.

Lot of games left to be played yet. And we know the talent is there. It's wouldn't take a whole lot to make this team as good as any around.

Let's see what happens when the trade deadline rolls around, before we count the Spurs entirely out of the picture.

Big Shot Rob
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Okay--I will go out on a line, too...

1. We'll still be in Iraq this Christmas...

2. Phil Hardberger is going to get elected to a second term;

3. Mavs are going to win their first NBA Title this year;

4. Hillary Clinto will raise more money than any other Democratic Party challenger...

twincam
02-12-2007, 12:19 PM
No, they are not doing well thus far. They still have winning records, which shows promise. However, you cannot count them out just because they're not winning like they normally do. They will be fine once the season winds down. Don't give up. Yes, when they lose, we all tend to just throw our hands up and want to give up. However, just keep this in mine:

In order to win, you need to learn how to lose...first.

It's back to basics.

dg7md
02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
It can be done with a little passion. Spurs have to step it up in the playoffs. I don't care if we get 25+ losses this year as long as they turn it up in the playoffs and turn some heads.

cheguevara
02-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Let's see in playoffs with Duncan,Manu,Parker playing 110%?

we still have a chance to win it all. But odds are against us.

Just think of the odds that all big 3 will play 110% vs. Mavs for 7 straight games.

lebomb
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
No, they are not doing well thus far. They still have winning records, which shows promise. However, you cannot count them out just because they're not winning like they normally do. They will be fine once the season winds down. Don't give up. Yes, when they lose, we all tend to just throw our hands up and want to give up. However, just keep this in mine:

In order to win, you need to learn how to lose...first.

It's back to basics.

I understand what you are saying......but, its the way they are losing. UGLY.......not good close games, except for that debacle against Orlando.

Pop should have KNOWN that play could happen.....that is why you front the center on a last second inbounds play.....but that is another story altogether :rolleyes

The Spurs just look flat, out of synch and they cant shoot field goals or freethrows for shit. They have "0" bench help. You CANNOT win a ship like that period. No friggen way. :madrun

Extra Stout
02-12-2007, 01:23 PM
It is not that the Spurs are losing right now that leads me to foreclose on title hopes. Obviously, at some point this season they are going to play better than they are right now, because right now they are playing like a .500 team, and any team with Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker should be able to do better than that.

But the structural issues with the roster -- the age, the lack of the "athletic long 3," the lack of talent at center, the lack of talent behind Parker at PG -- these represent too many holes for a good opponent to exploit in a playoff series.

In order for the Spurs to contend for another title in the Duncan era, they will have to rebuild the roster wholesale around the Big 3.

Spurminator
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Who knows, maybe we'll get hot at the right time and the NBA will have its second straight mediocre Championship Team.

ponky
02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I haven't given up hope completely, because look at the Heat, they are pretty much in same position as us and they have a chance. We have it tougher because we have to go through West teams in the playoffs, but if Heat can make it to the finals(which is very possible) then we can too. It's just very, very, very unlikely at this point playing the way we are.

thinks '99 knicks, 8th seed getting to the finals....anything is possible which is why i don't discount any good team or hype my team's record even if i am excited about the way we're playing ball

Kermit
02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
the knicks were not an 8th seed. had the season played out to its regular length, they would have been better seeded, especially had ewing come back (although you always have the "ewing factor" to consider).

ponky
02-12-2007, 03:02 PM
the knicks were not an 8th seed. had the season played out to its regular length, they would have been better seeded, especially had ewing come back (although you always have the "ewing factor" to consider).

technically they WERE an 8th seed...just like the heat could be an 8th seed and be a lot better than their record at the end of this season...just like it's possible for the spurs to get their shit together and be better than fourth seed, even if they end up there are the end of the season...that's my point, that's why i mentioned the knicks at 8th seed. you can't go by assumptions based on what might have happened had the season played out back in '99...hell, an injury might have happened on the spurs team and ewing might have been perfectly healthy but none of that matters, the season is what it is and the knicks were the 8th seed.

Extra Stout
02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
technically they WERE an 8th seed...just like the heat could be an 8th seed and be a lot better than their record at the end of this season...just like it's possible for the spurs to get their shit together and be better than fourth seed, even if they end up there are the end of the season...that's my point, that's why i mentioned the knicks at 8th seed. you can't go by assumptions based on what might have happened had the season played out back in '99...hell, an injury might have happened on the spurs team and ewing might have been perfectly healthy but none of that matters, the season is what it is and the knicks were the 8th seed.
If somebody wants to place an asterisk on the 1999 season, it could go on the playoff seeds. 50 games in that compressed schedule was not enough for some teams to mesh together long enough for their true aptitude to reflect itself in their regular-season records. I think that is understood by most around the game, and why the 1999 Knicks are not regarded nearly as much as an unusual Cinderella story as they would have been as an 8 seed making the Finals following an 82-game season.

ponky
02-12-2007, 03:26 PM
If somebody wants to place an asterisk on the 1999 season, it could go on the playoff seeds. 50 games in that compressed schedule was not enough for some teams to mesh together long enough for their true aptitude to reflect itself in their regular-season records. I think that is understood by most around the game, and why the 1999 Knicks are not regarded nearly as much as an unusual Cinderella story as they would have been as an 8 seed making the Finals following an 82-game season.

the ONLY asterisk i'd put on '99 would be a finals team without its franchise player. anyway, you two are just arguing my point for me and the only reason i mentioned the 99 knicks but if that's not clear, whatever.

Cry Havoc
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
This kind of blatant bandwagon mentality makes me sick.

Dirk and Nash could go down tomorrow with injuries and you would be the first on the boards proclaiming our dominance over the other playoff teams.

phyzik
02-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Who knows, maybe we'll get hot at the right time and the NBA will have its second straight mediocre Championship Team.

:lol :lol

dbreiden83080
02-12-2007, 10:35 PM

I agree i am diehard and always will be but the chemistry and the execution is nowhere to be found on this team. I do think they will finish the year strong but no title this year. There will be a ton of changes in the offseason at almost every position.

ambchang
02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
I still stand by my original prediction, that the Spurs will go crazy in the 2nd half of the season, win a bunch of games in a row, finish as a 2/3 seed, and have a real shot at the championship.
It's a formula the Spurs have perfected the last 10 years.

ponky
02-12-2007, 11:08 PM
This kind of blatant bandwagon mentality makes me sick.

Dirk and Nash could go down tomorrow with injuries and you would be the first on the boards proclaiming our dominance over the other playoff teams.

:lol :lol :lol at the Nash reference

ponky
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I still stand by my original prediction, that the Spurs will go crazy in the 2nd half of the season, win a bunch of games in a row, finish as a 2/3 seed, and have a real shot at the championship.
It's a formula the Spurs have perfected the last 10 years.

to finish 2/3 seed?!?!?! my bad, because i always thought the spurs perfected staying on top of our division. anyway, we're already into the second half of the season, we've been playing over three months with less than two and a half months to go and in terms of number of games, we're pass the halfway mark as well...don't get me wrong, i don't think the spurs are done but to keep saying, they'll step it up later when they've usually used the rodeo road trip as an opporutnity to gel is a bit naive. the time is now, they need to get it going now and hopefully for their sake, within the first two weeks after the ASG

SpursFanFirst
02-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Anyone else see parallels between the Colts and Spurs?
Think about it...
*At the start of their seasons, both teams were the talk of their leagues...they started off successfully, and everyone was ready to crown them. A few losses later, they couldn't do anything right.

*As their seasons went on, talk turned from these two teams to their more "successful" rivals. In the Colts case, it was San Diego and New England. In the Spurs case, Phoenix and Dallas.

*Also, Indy's defense was nowhere to be found throughout the season. It really looked bleak, and people said they'd never get to the Super Bowl...Count me among the doubters. But they did...they showed up when it mattered.

In the end, the entire Colts team found the field, knocked off defenses that seem impossible, knocked off the Patriots, etc., and won.

I don't know what's going to happen with the rest of the season, but I do know it's not over yet. A lot can happen.

This is a veteran team who has been there before. Like the Colts, I hope they'll show up when it matters most. I think they will.

But why write them off before it's over?
It's really sad that, many times, there are more believers among Dallas fans than Spurs fans.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here. If the Spurs keep playing like dogcrap, they will lose

Manudona
02-13-2007, 01:53 AM
Spurs WILL win the championship this year. Why not? still have chances, why give up now? Last year they had the best WC seed, and what did that accomplish? Absolutely nothing!!!

Mr. Body
02-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Deluded Forum.

T-Pain
02-13-2007, 02:05 AM

im gonna have to agree with you. i hate to say this and i hope im wrong, but i just dont think they'll get it done this year, unless they pull somethin out of their ass after the allstar break

Udrihlooms
02-13-2007, 02:07 AM

Trade??? trade who?

outside the big three, our roster is dirt cheap, worthless...

So, are we breaking up the big three to get some value. We'll be talking a major overhaul here...

I'm sorry, the bench isn't worthless, it's worthshit!

T-Pain
02-13-2007, 02:08 AM
i really do believe its gonna take some sort of blockbuster trade if we wanna win the 'chip this year, like trading tony or mike.

Udrihlooms
02-13-2007, 02:18 AM
i really do believe its gonna take some sort of blockbuster trade if we wanna win the 'chip this year, like trading tony or mike.

It's quite ironic to see the words "blockbuster" and "mike" in one sentence. Really. Any trade involving "mike" as the primary bait is not a blockbuster.

If we trade Tony, who do we get? if it's not another premier pointguard, wake up to the reality (or nightmare) that udrih will be our starting pointguard... And why do we have to trade Tony? Is Tony our real problem????

ambchang
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
to finish 2/3 seed?!?!?! my bad, because i always thought the spurs perfected staying on top of our division. anyway, we're already into the second half of the season, we've been playing over three months with less than two and a half months to go and in terms of number of games, we're pass the halfway mark as well...don't get me wrong, i don't think the spurs are done but to keep saying, they'll step it up later when they've usually used the rodeo road trip as an opporutnity to gel is a bit naive. the time is now, they need to get it going now and hopefully for their sake, within the first two weeks after the ASG

Finishing with a high seed is not a priority. The key is to time your team right and make a push at the right moment.
It's been said over and over again, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Even better, you only have to run the first 70% of your race so that you are in the first half of the league. Then everybody starts again at the same spot, but the teams that exhausted themselves at the beginning will find themselves gasping for air in the playoffs.
The Suns does that every year. I am not saying the Suns and the Mavs are really exhausting themselves and can't compete in the playoffs, but one has to wonder why three teams that were so close in talent last year in the playoffs (Suns, Spurs, Mavs) have such huge difference in performance this year in the regular seaon, with essentially the same teams (well, except the Suns got Amare back).

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 01:50 PM
They will NOT win the championship this year.......sorry to all, but someone has to say it.Yeah, no one ever said this :rolleyes

Winery
02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
i love the guy, but Bowens D isnt any longer making up for his bad offense. However, he still is an above average defender. I think he needs to be replaced next year. We get a decent center and SF we'll add another 2 or 3 years to a championship contention.The team now will only have a chance to win a championship with divine intervention

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I will be so happy when SpursReport is up again and these guys can return from whence they came.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2007, 06:16 PM
.......like I said above......alot of those have had a little bit of hope come playoffs.......Im saying NO chance. Playoffs or not. I dont even think a trade will help.....unless we can get Carmelo or Lebron for Udrich. :cry

Um, pretty much no one believes this team will win the title in its current state, save a few myopic souls.

Quit acting like your 'revelation' is so special.

The Instigator
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM

I dont think the spurs will win another championship unless we get lucky along the way. Remember the rockets won as a 6th seed...we may be 6 or 7th when the playoffs start. But back to winning another championship. I think our run in the sun is over....we have 3 people!

timvp
02-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I will be so happy when SpursReport is up again and these guys can return from whence they came.

:tu

The Instigator
02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
its up

Winery
02-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry for reminding your poor broken spirits ha ha ha! hurry back spursreport! where we won't have to sugar coat a bad mid season!

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry for reminding your poor broken spirits ha ha ha! hurry back spursreport! where we won't have to sugar coat a bad mid season!Yeah, it's all sunshine and happiness there.

Do me a favor and post this:

"Does anyone know what happened to Kori?"

and see what it gets coated with.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Thank God! Peoples feelings over at ********* get hurt to easily

Does anybody know what *********** is? Cause I'd like to put them in their place.

and yes i know what it is

T Park
02-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry for reminding your poor broken spirits ha ha ha! hurry back spursreport! where we won't have to sugar coat a bad mid season!

go fuck yourself lusty.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Does anybody know what *********** is?:lol

Countdown to someone innocently asking that and getting banned.

T Park
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
yeah apparently we can't critique of the spurs when they are losing....