PDA

View Full Version : Which teams do you fear the most in the playoffs?

D-Robinson
02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Brand new to the board. I have been a Spurs fan since 1994/1995 when we beat the Lakers 4-2 in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Look forward to getting to know everyone here.

I wanted to know which team do you fear the most in the playoffs? Is there a team or teams you feel match up very well with us.

1. Suns
2. Mavericks
3 Jazz
4 Rockets
5 Lakers

Id go with the Mavericks and Lakers.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I think the Mavericks would dominate the Spurs in a seven-game series right now. I don't fear the Suns or any other teams nearly as much as the Mavs.

D-Robinson
02-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks . You think they would dominate? I think its a 7 game series just like last season.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 01:45 PM
You think they would dominate? I think its a 7 game series just like last season.

I don't. The Spurs are worse and the Mavs are better. I think it would be over in five with how the Spurs are playing right now - I'm not saying by year's end it won't be different.

D-Robinson
02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I agree we are not playing very well right now,but it's a long season. I think come playoff time,we will be right there with Dallas. It would come down to close games in the 4th quarter like always. I don't see them just blowing us out.

fijian_cholo
02-12-2007, 01:50 PM
i would say houston
wid t-mac n yao and bonzi

but i still beleive that the spurs will be able to turn it on in the playoffs

Big Shot Rob
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Hate to break the news...

The season isn't that long anymore.

Right now--I'm afraid that aginst the Mavs, we'd be lucky to get even one win. I think the odds are better that they would sweep us.

STEVEYCU
02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
all five teams worry me, they have all beat us multiple times this year except for the suns. The Spurs still have a game aginst all but LA so for me and probably the Spurs players and staff not to worry bout lossin to PHX, HOU , UTH, DAL .... they are gonna have to win these four games

D-Robinson
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
i would say houston
wid t-mac n yao and bonzi

but i still beleive that the spurs will be able to turn it on in the playoffs

I agree,i think we wil be able to turn it up in the playoffs. We are a veteren team that is already proven. I think were similair to how the Lakers were in 2001 and 2002 where they were very good in the regular season ,maybe 55 wins,but not over 60,but had the ability to turn it on in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Just the mavs.

Fabbs
02-12-2007, 02:12 PM
Currently with Pops strategy i would feel comfortable that he could possibly get us past Dunleavy and the Clippers.

The most "feared" would be
Mavs
Suns (they aren't the old soft ball Suns)

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
any team we face, since pops lame rotation and old bench doesnt mix

VaSpursFan
02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
mavs only...AJ is a helluva coach and he has those guys playing some inspired ball.

boutons_
02-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Spurs are the biggest threat to the Spurs.

baseline bum
02-12-2007, 02:22 PM
All of them?

td4mvp21
02-12-2007, 02:23 PM
The Mavs by far. We can get away with beating the Suns and the Jazz.

adrienne
02-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I know I'm not a Spurs fan, so I'll answer as a Mavs fan...I have learned from the heartbreak of last year's finals that I should have some degree of fear for every team, and not write a team, a game, or a series off.

Obviously the Suns are the team I feel to be the biggest threat to the Mavs right now, assuming that Nash is healthy and energized. Houston is better than they are given credit for a lot of the time. The Spurs may be floundering now, but they still have Tim Duncan, and with that you are never completely out of the running.

Straight answer...Suns. When healthy and on a roll, they scare the crap out of me.

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Nobody...

pad300
02-12-2007, 02:58 PM
The SPURS

It's one thing to lose in the playoffs - only one team wins every series they play in.

BUT IF THE TEAM DOESN'T PULL ITS COLLECTIVE HEAD OUT OF ITS COLLECTIVE ASS, THEY WILL BE EMBARRASSED. This collective lack of effort, heart and will is just bleeding horrible. They play like this in the playoffs and I'm gonna be grouchy for a F'ing month...

Mr. Body
02-12-2007, 03:01 PM
This is a first round victim right now.

Extra Stout
02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Mavs would destroy the Spurs, in 5 games at most.
Rockets and Jazz would both beat them in a tough series, 6 or 7.
Suns -- a pick 'em.

Spurs would beat the Lakers, or any of the lesser West teams.

timvp
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Only team in the playoffs right now in the west I think the Spurs could take is the Suns :lol

Nikos
02-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Suns, Mavs, and a healthy Rockets. Actually a healthy Rockets if Tmac returns to 2003 form would could beat ANY team. But there is a small chance Tmac and Yao will both be 100% come playoff time.

If all teams were healthy the best are the Mavs, Suns, Spurs, and Rockets in no particular order. Each team could conceivably beat the other in a series. But at this point the Spurs look like the weakest of the bunch considering they have been healthy this year.

I don't see the Mavs as some indestructible force that would never let the Spurs reach a Game 6. They are a beatable team as well by the Suns and a healthy Rockets (huge asterisk again).

But as of right now it looks like the Mavs and Suns are pretty even and clearly the best in the league as of 2/12/2007.

stretch
02-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I agree,i think we wil be able to turn it up in the playoffs. We are a veteren team that is already proven. I think were similair to how the Lakers were in 2001 and 2002 where they were very good in the regular season ,maybe 55 wins,but not over 60,but had the ability to turn it on in the playoffs.
but the thing about those lakers, is that they were not and old and beat up team, with 1 declining superstar, like the Spurs are. they were still young, and had 2 superstars. and in 01 Shaq missed 8 games, and in 02, he missed 15 games. if he didnt get hurt, they win 60 in both of those seasons, easily. this Spurs team does not have the ability to turn it on the way that those Laker teams could and would.

tlongII
02-12-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.buckleshop.com/images/2222e.jpg

Mixability
02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I think the Spurs can beat any team out there 4 times. Whether or not the Spurs beat themselves is the iffy part.

schadenfreude52
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
For the Mavs, the Suns are by far the biggest threat. Assuming a healthy Nash, it is essential that the Mavs stick with Avery's defensive strategies to make sure that the Suns earn every point they score. Like the Juggernaut of Marvel Comics lore, should the Suns be allowed any momentum, they cannot be stopped.

adidas11
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM

You're smoking something really good if you think the Spurs are anywhere near the capability of pulling that off. :smokin

schadenfreude52
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM

The Spurs being a veteran team is part of the problem. Aside from the big three, other players such as Bowen, Horry, and Finley are past their primes. I don't see the playoffs being so kind to the Spurs.

celldweller
02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
E V E R Y O N E !
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/5102/beads8.JPG

zocool16
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
the ROCKETS are the only team that puts that kind of fear in me (with Yao)

Dalhoop
02-12-2007, 06:50 PM
As a Mavs fan, I am going to say the Spurs will give the Mavs the most trouble. The Suns are starting to find out what its like to play teams that are over 500 and are falling back to earth. Also the riding hard of their top six players for 2/3's of the season (To this point) to keep up with the Mavs is starting to take its toll on their health. They will run out of gas again this year .. they learned nothing from last years quotes from Nash and Marion "Man, I'm tired"

The Rockets will always have two questions with them 1) Are they healthy. 2) Can there star players win a playoff series. If those answers are yes, they would be the most dangerous to ANY TEAM.

Its of note that the Rockets and the Spurs are in a dead heat for the 4-5 match-up in the first round ... Not good .... At least for the two teams, it is good for the fans.

The Jazz are sort of a Mavs-lite type of team (Scoring at every position and a big that can hit the three) They are looking like the third seed right now would be wise to keep that seed to avoid the Rockets in the First round.

I don't think that the Spurs can beat any of these three teams. I don't think that they will drop to lower then the Fifth seed, so to avoid a dangerous Rockets team, they have to climb up into the third slot, from there their chances of meeting the Mavs in the second round become much better.

johnpaulwall21
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
1. Dallas :devil
2. Houston :depressed
3. LA Lakers :nope
4. Phoenix :(
5. Utah :oops

Dave McNulla
02-12-2007, 07:04 PM
i fear no opponent, i only fear the spurs' lack of intensity. that was the killer against the mavs, that's been the killer this season, imho.

Ignorant Spurs fan
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
1. Suns
2. Mavericks
3 Jazz
4 Rockets
5 Lakers

all of them. i think we could beat LA in a series, but in this order

1 oviously dallas
2 Utah
3 Rockets
4 Suns

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
For the Mavs, the Suns are by far the biggest threat. Assuming a healthy Nash, it is essential that the Mavs stick with Avery's defensive strategies to make sure that the Suns earn every point they score. Like the Juggernaut of Marvel Comics lore, should the Suns be allowed any momentum, they cannot be stopped.

I think the Mavs should be more afraid of a healthy Rockets team. And I think the Jazz would give them a tough series as well. Mavs can easily beat the Suns, IMO.

For the Spurs, I don't think they have a prayer's chance to beat any of the top teams in the West: Mavs, Jazz, Rockets (if healthy), Suns (yes, I think even the Suns could beat this current team) Lakers may even take them to 7 games.

Mavs are the scariest team in the league right now. In the East, Heat are looking scary.
Mavs are their

Udrihlooms
02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
if the playoffs were to start now:

i don't think the rockets will EVER be healthy, so i don't fear them, (but if they are, then we're goners). Yao may be back but TMac's back will always be a suspect. it does always seem to flare up at the worst possible time for them

the jazz are brutally physical, they'll kill us on the boards especially when boozer is back. we don't have the legs to outrun them either so we're doomed to jazz.

As for the LA, bring them on! I think we can beat the hell out of Kobe's nincompoops. We''ll just have to allow Kobe average 50 on us and shut down the others. At least we'll get the series in 6.

For the Mavs, at the style and intensity we're playing, compared to theirs, I think we'll be really lucky to reach game 5.

Don Quixote
02-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Brand new to the board. I have been a Spurs fan since 1994/1995 when we beat the Lakers 4-2 in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Look forward to getting to know everyone here.

I wanted to know which team do you fear the most in the playoffs? Is there a team or teams you feel match up very well with us.

1. Suns
2. Mavericks
3 Jazz
4 Rockets
5 Lakers

Id go with the Mavericks and Lakers.

Ah, the 1995 team. That should have been our first title.

Right now, don't think the Spurs would beat any of the West playoff teams, and only the bottom 3 or 4 playoff seeds in the East.

It's more a question of, whom ought the Spurs NOT fear?

WalterBenitez
02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
At this point even Bobcats are dangerous!

bdubya
02-12-2007, 10:09 PM
The top 4 in the west, plus Miami if Riley takes the helm again.
Houston doesn't worry me. The Jazz shouldn't, but they really seem to have our number (the Memo effect? I dunno). I don't see anybody but Miami stopping us in the East, but if we get to the finals, it's gonna be tough.

slayermin
02-12-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't fear these teams but they worry me because they have championship experience.

1. Heat
2. Lakers
3. Pistons

gameFACE
02-13-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't fear any team. I'm not going to deny that Dallas is playing better. But until they get over the hump they really aren't doing anything different this year than they have in past years. If last years Heat can beat Dallas so can this years Spurs. The Suns? Maybe.

DubMcDub
02-13-2007, 01:29 AM

That's so absurd.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2007, 01:29 AM
1)The Spurs
2)The Monstars

MrChug
02-13-2007, 01:43 AM
http://www.hickoksports.com/images/mora_jim.jpg

"Playoffs?!?!? Playoffs???!? You kiddin me?!? We're just tryin to win a game!!!"

(sorry...had to be posted, too easy)

mavsfan1000
02-13-2007, 01:44 AM
1. Suns
2. Anyone else. The west is so deep that any team can get hot in the playoffs and be a threat.

Lady Marmalade
02-13-2007, 01:48 AM
none.

But for motivation they should watch the new Rocky. And pay attention to this quote, "But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

Udrihlooms
02-13-2007, 01:53 AM
none.

But for motivation they should watch the new Rocky. And pay attention to this quote, "But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

Please... please... not the new Rocky... :p:

That one has shown Rocky's done, and the Rocky dynasty's over!

Spurs ain't done yet... i hope, not yet, lol

slayermin
02-13-2007, 01:55 AM
:rollin @ Udrihlooms! Nice handle.

Lady Marmalade
02-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Please... please... not the new Rocky... :p:

That one has shown Rocky's done, and the Rocky dynasty's over!

Spurs ain't done yet... i hope, not yet, lol

It's a good quote. I don't want them to end up like that though!! ( I have to admit he looks good for being 60 years old)

kalikot_boy_kr
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
have FAITH in the spurs........

ArgSpursFan
02-13-2007, 08:33 AM

well,having el chapulin colorado logo on your avatar makes me feel like anybody will be able scare you,not just the Rockets.
No contaban con mi astucia!!! :nope

Texas_Ranger
02-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Nobody. We can win them all.