PDA

View Full Version : Pop is too relax ; time to toughen up

lefty
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Instead of calling his players soft, Pop should be wondering if he is not the one being soft ; since he has loosened up, we are not playing well ; if a coach is too relaxed, chances are that most of his players won't be focused.

Remember when he was sporting a tie and used to yell at his players? we were good ;
During game 2 of the 2005 NBA Finals, we had a 17 point lead, and Pop immediately took a timeout because the Pistons scored off the pick-and-roll, and Horry and Barry didn't make the defensive switch ; during the timeout, he yelled at them ; and we had a 17 point lead...
We don't see that anymore ; he is just being passive :depressed :depressed

twincam
02-12-2007, 03:49 PM
true, very true. Well put.

lefty
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Tks :D

nkdlunch
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
I agree he is the one who softened up. He needs to be sent back to Serbia for a weekend.

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 03:51 PM
I think that Pop realized that even if he does that, shit will happen anyways.
I think He is saving the bitching and screaming for the playoffs :smokin

lefty
02-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I think that Pop realized that even if he does that, shit will happen anyways.
I think He is saving the bitching and screaming for the playoffs :smokin

I would say for after the all-star weekend

lefty
02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Of course, someone should remind him

Solid D
02-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Pop is too relax

Did you add one too many o's to the word to, or did you leave off the "ed" on relaxed?

johnpaulwall21
02-12-2007, 06:21 PM
It seems like the only yelling pop does is when he complains to the ref but theres no point since the refs dont change the call on the play when he does this. When we're losing a lead pop looks calm as hell hes probably thinkin well my teams trying but the "_______" are playing one hell of a game. At some points during games he even looks like hes not even there drained, gone, given up.........

lefty
02-12-2007, 06:53 PM
It seems like the only yelling pop does is when he complains to the ref but theres no point since the refs dont change the call on the play when he does this. When we're losing a lead pop looks calm as hell hes probably thinkin well my teams trying but the "_______" are playing one hell of a game. At some points during games he even looks like hes not even there drained, gone, given up.........

In my opinion, Pop has been drinking some wine before games

Big P
02-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Sorry man..it is the players that are playing soft...while some may question Pops strategies & rotations, at the end of the day, it is the players that are being outrebounded, pushed around basically outplayed.

BigJoeD
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
It's up to the players to play tougher and up to the coach to motivate and call strategies. Yelling at players can only have an effect for so long, then you start tuning him out.

Extra Stout
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Question: do you think the Spurs are starting to tune Pop out, or is it just that some of them are so old they need hearing aids?

cornbread
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
This has been on my mind all season. Pop needs to get mean like the old days. Put the tie back on, go to the barber and get the bad crew-cut, and start chewing guys out during games when they play like shit. It seems like Beno is the only player who sees the wrath of Pop anymore.

midgetonadonkey
02-12-2007, 07:30 PM
I thought you were going to quit posting.

cornbread
02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
I thought you were going to quit posting.
Who?

mookie2001
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
so pop needs to call quicker timeouts?

boutons_
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
yep, Pop needs to bitch about the Spurs more, and the Spurs/Tim need to bitch about the calls less.

Pop needs to bitch or whatever it takes.

And Timmy Franchise, The $1M/Month Man, needs to find his balls and lead his team back onto the rails.

Yeah, he's missing some horses, and the challenge is huge, but that doesn't excuse the lackadaisical defense and absent rebounding.

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Absent rebounding? Tim's rebounding has been up for the past month or so. It just looks worse because I can't remember the last time another Spurs player reached double digits in rebounds, aside from Duncan. :oops How is that possible? :wow

boutons_
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
1P1, just on principle, GFY :lol

I'm talking about Tim taking control of and responsibility for the TEAM's un-hustle. He's been playing great, but that doesn't suffice. He needs to figure out to get HIS team to AT LEAST hustle, to stop the stupid mistakes, the lack of game/mental sharpess, lack of intensity.

The Spurs have some talent problems, but they are MUCH better than the .500 ball they've played since 20 Dec.

timvp
02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
If the Spurs had a decent supporting cast, they'd be cruising to another 60+ win season and Pop would be in the COY running. I can see if Spurs fans say his rotations are bad or he's not involving enough youth, but I see the same amount of fire in Pop as usual. Spots 4-15 just suck at this point.

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 07:53 PM

What's "GFY" mean? :lol

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM

I'm talking about Tim taking control of and responsibility for the TEAM's un-hustle. He's been playing great, but that doesn't suffice. He needs to figure out to get HIS team to AT LEAST hustle, to stop the stupid mistakes, the lack of game/mental sharpess, lack of intensity.

The Spurs have some talent problems, but they are MUCH better than the .500 ball they've played since 20 Dec.

You're right that they should be playing better than .500 ball, but I really think that a lot of the struggling/inconsistency by our Big 3 has to do with the fact that in our losses, not one other bench player has stepped up when it mattered. More often than not it looks like the Spurs are playing 3 on 5 out there.

boutons_
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I dream of the games when all 5 starters can score at least 10 pts in a 100+ pt game, and win rebounding.

T Park
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM
What's "GFY" mean

Go fuck yourself I think.

At least thats what it means when people tell me... :lol