PDA

View Full Version : UT early '08 recruits

Ballcox
02-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, we're off to a good start with the '08 class. As we stand right now, 10 commits have come in from the 1st junior day, with more expected at the next junior day. This has become pretty ordinary for Mack and his staff to wrap up the bulk of their class during junior days and spring ball. Here is the list so far with a little info on each:

1. Brock Fitzhenry-ATH/Giddings-could play any position from QB to RB to WR, has explosive speed and big play making ability, not sure where he'll fit right now.

2. Justin Tucker-K/Austin Westlake-rated by most services as the #1 kicking prospect in the country. He most likely gets at RS and will play behind H. Lawerence, one of the top kicking recruits from last year's class.

3. Dan Buckner-WR/Allen-this kid could be the next 'big' receiver at UT, following in the tradition of Roy Williams and now Limas Sweed. He's a legit 6'5/200 plus pounds and has good speed, big upside with this kid.

4. DJ Monroe-DB/Angleton-one of the top DB prospects in the state.

5. David Snow-OL/Gilmer-rated by most services as the best guard prospect in Texas. Now we just need Stephen Good to jump on board, rated as possibly the best player in the '08 class and projected to play either RT/LT.

6. Jeremy Hills-RB/Alief-the little brother of current Longhorn Tony Hills, but smaller and plays RB. Looks to be another big back for UT with good speed.

7. Aaron Williams-DB/Round Rock-another one of the top rated DB prospects in the state, nice to have him and DJ. Already looks like a solid DB class for '08.

8. Mark Buchanon-OL/Austin-big kid with good potential, projects as a LT in college.

9. Ryan Roberson-RB/Brenham-took this kid from a&m's backyard (as well as Snow who was supposed to be an a&m lock).

10. Emanuel Acho-LB/Dallas-little brother of current recruit Sam Acho/DE who arrives with this year's class. Looking to pull in more LB's for the '08 class since current class only has 1 (K. Robinson).

Should hopefully see 8-9 more commits by the next Junior day and through Spring ball. All in all a very good start with all of these kids being ranked in the top 100. Hook'em!

Horry For 3!
02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
1. Brock Fitzhenry-ATH/Giddings-could play any position from QB to RB to WR, has explosive speed and big play making ability, not sure where he'll fit right now.
I know this kid, my step-dad coached at Giddings 2 years ago. He was the QB for Giddings and he is a coaches son. His dad is a dick though, he fucked over my step-dad.

He is a good athlete and can run well. He also is very knowledge about football.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
texas is going to lose all the good recruits to aggyland and soonerville again

Ballcox
02-12-2007, 07:06 PM
^CBF, what the hell ya talkin' about my man? We cleaned up this year in state, I mean DOMINATED recruiting in the state of Texas and are set to do so again in '08.

RELAX..... :smokin

Holmes_Fans
02-12-2007, 07:08 PM
texas is going to lose all the good recruits to aggyland and soonerville again
Not likely, OU will be under NCAA sanctions come next February and A&M will still be A&M. Fran will be gone aswell.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
^CBF, what the hell ya talkin' about my man? We cleaned up this year in state, I mean DOMINATED recruiting in the state of Texas and are set to do so again in '08.

RELAX..... :smokin

I have to be pessimistic bro, that way I am never let down when someone betrays us to become a boomer chigga rumer

mookie2001
02-13-2007, 01:23 AM
a&m and OU got chode bloadded in recruiting, at least historically speaking

T-Pain
02-13-2007, 02:09 AM
i smell another national championship

BeerIsGood!
02-16-2007, 11:53 AM
i smell another national championship

Is Vince Young's younger brother coming? Oh well, he'd probably just be another Marcus Vick.

The next National Championship is going to have to be defensive led, because the best player in college football history doesn't come to your doorstep all that often.

Pugglekicker_21
02-17-2007, 09:49 PM
that defense will be led by sergio kindle, who they have to find a way to get on the field next season

Cant_Be_Faded
02-17-2007, 09:54 PM
?

Sergio will probably earn his spot fair and square, if not, he'll be our best substitute, like muckelroy was before his finger exploded

Mr Dio
02-24-2007, 01:57 AM
I wonder how many verbs for next yr will be as "strong as oak?"

Cant_Be_Faded
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Ut is destined for failure. OU is beating us in this class, hands down.