PDA

View Full Version : Now that Nash will not play in the All Star Game...

MoSpur
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
does that mean Manu will have a chance???? Your thoughts???

ChumpDumper
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Did they add flopping to the skills contest?

adidas11
02-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Ray Allen

Rydia
02-12-2007, 05:13 PM
hahaha!

Somebodies jealous :elephant :downspin: :hungry: :clap :dizzy :dramaquee

Spurminator
02-12-2007, 05:15 PM
A chance, sure.

But I'd pick Deron Williams in the interest of substituting a Point Guard. The Jazz deserve to have a representative in the game.

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 05:19 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

nkdlunch
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM

they must have, Wade and Dirk are in it

thispego
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
damn, mr dio owns you leonard

sammy
02-12-2007, 05:24 PM

Fuck you dumbass!

TMTTRIO
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
With the way our team is playing now I don't think so plus he's a bench player now :p: :lol j/k

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 05:27 PM
damn, mr dio owns you leonard

:lol

In what way??? :dizzy

ponky
02-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Fuck you dumbass!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol so sensitive

thispego
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
:lol

In what way??? :dizzy
:lmao in all ways possible

no, i kid... your'e alright

Fillmoe
02-12-2007, 05:39 PM
manwho ginobody will never make the all star squad again

LEONARD
:lmao in all ways possible

no, i kid... your'e alright

Dio is delusional like nobody I've every seen...he counters in an argument with delusional arguments that are completely unrelated his first delusional position. Then posts a bunch of :lol :lol :lol and acts like he came back with something good...

MoSpur
I know there are more deserving players who put up better stats, but the coaches love Manu. However, it will be up to Stern.

ducks
02-12-2007, 05:41 PM
what happens if ai does not go now?

Borosai
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
The all-star game blows. I'd stay home too.

thispego
02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Dio is delusional like nobody I've every seen...he counters in an argument with delusional arguments that are completely unrelated his first delusional position. Then posts a bunch of :lol :lol :lol and acts like he came back with something good...
mr dio is beyond reason. he's above it

redskinfan
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Jason Terry will fill in.

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Nope he won´t,manu is the most underrated player in history of NBA.
the only time he made it to the all star(2005), Pop was the coach.
but,fuck it he don´t need the damn all star game,he just likes it winning championships :smokin

ponky
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM

haha that would be nice....but it won't happen.

ArgSpursFan
02-12-2007, 06:25 PM
haha that would be nice....but it won't happen.

Enything is possible in Stearnland

cheguevara
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM

they added nut punching to the skills contest?

johnpaulwall21
02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
manwho ginobody will never make the all star squad again

Im gonna have to agree, the west is sooo stacked that he would have to have a mvp type of season to make it again, and with our current record the other teams that are ahead of us should get a nod for 3 allstars before us. There are also good players on sorry teams still like ray allen, elton brand, Zach Randolph, mehmet okur that did not make it and would easily get picked over manu. :wakeup

Dre_7
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Question is, is Tony taking Nash starting spot in the ASG? Or will it be AI?

Extra Stout
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
they added nut punching to the skills contest?
:lmao

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Question is, is Tony taking Nash starting spot in the ASG? Or will it be AI?

Nash wasn't ever starting, was he?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Yipes, the Manu Mafia is out in full force.

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Nash wasn't ever starting, was he?

No he wasn't.

Starters: Kobe, TMac, Duncan, Amare, Carmelo/Howard*(who replaces Yao?)

I hope Manu gets it, but I doubt it with all the losing the Spurs have been doing lately. If they were winning, I think he'd have a chance.

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Why is Nash out? I thought his shoulder injury was minor and he'd be out 2 or 3 games?

Also, how's AI's ankle? Will he even be playing?

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2007, 07:26 PM
No he wasn't.

Starters: Kobe, TMac, Duncan, Amare, Carmelo/Howard*(who replaces Yao?)

I hope Manu gets it, but I doubt it with all the losing the Spurs have been doing lately. If they were winning, I think he'd have a chance.

I had figured that Dirk would get the nod to replace Yao, but after thinking about it some more, it would have been much more sensible to balance the team by starting Nash, moving McGrady to the 3 spot, and putting Timmy at the 5. That way, you wouldn't have to cram Parker and Nash's minutes into a 38-40 minute block, but could even them out over a 48 minute stretch. That's not really fair to Dirk, who deserves to start, but it's probably the way I would have gone.

Now, I'd think it's a lock that Dirk will start along with Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, and Garnett.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I just don't believe Manu is having an ASG quality season and I'm a huge Manu fan. But still, there are a number of other players deserving of a spot in the West.

Elton Brand
Mehmet Okur
Ray Allen
Deron Williams

To name a few...

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Why is Nash out? I thought his shoulder injury was minor and he'd be out 2 or 3 games?

Also, how's AI's ankle? Will he even be playing?

I think it is, but IIRC, Nash dislikes playing in the ASG and would rather rest, so it's good to just shut him down until he's all good rather than risking any further injury before the playoff push.

Dre_7
02-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Nash wasnt starting? Wow, I really wasnt payin attention. I just assumed that he was the starting PG.

1Parker1
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I had figured that Dirk would get the nod to replace Yao, but after thinking about it some more, it would have been much more sensible to balance the team by starting Nash, moving McGrady to the 3 spot, and putting Timmy at the 5. That way, you wouldn't have to cram Parker and Nash's minutes into a 38-40 minute block, but could even them out over a 48 minute stretch. That's not really fair to Dirk, who deserves to start, but it's probably the way I would have gone.

Now, I'd think it's a lock that Dirk will start along with Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, and Garnett.

That makes sense that Dirk starts. Man, that starting team looks sick on paper :wow

I don't know why I assumed that whoever was voted for the commish to replace Yao would be the starter...I guess it's up to D'Antoni, who probably goes with Dirk to tire him out :lol

bdictjames
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Williams should start. Did anybody catch the crossover he made on Hinrich?

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2007, 08:20 PM
the one thing that will come out of this asg is that they dont need nash to win the game, to show how important he is to this asg....

SequSpur
02-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Manu is not an allstar.

wildbill2u
02-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Dont they have to replace him with a guard? Paul? Williams? Terry? Allen? and of course, there's the ever popular S. Jax.:spin

milkyway21
02-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Nash also will not participate in the NBA’s PlaystationŽ Skills Challenge

who is replacing him?

Cherry
02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Manu is not an allstar.

and he´s not very interested. F*** the allstar, he wants win! :depressed

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm guessing they'll name Deron Williams, though Manu has been putting up worthy performances for the most part lately. In January he averaged 18 and 5 (though his shooting percentage wasn't good). And in the 4 games in February, he's averaging 21 ppg.

SuperManu!!!
02-12-2007, 09:59 PM
This year ASG will suck.....with or without manu

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2007, 10:07 PM
John Hollinger (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2763501&name=hollinger_john&univLogin02=stateChanged) weighed in to suggest that Manu is a more worthy choice than Williams, but that Brand is the guy who should be chosen:

So who replaces Steve Nash?

With the two most plausible All-Star replacements, Josh Howard and Carmelo Anthony, already appointed to the squad, nobody's quite sure who's next on the list.

This is a slightly depressing topic for me, because I know a) what should happen, b) what probably will happen, and c) that the two aren't the same.

The idea that's gaining momentum is to put either Utah's Mehmet Okur or Deron Williams on the team, because at 33-17 the Jazz deserve representation on the team and won't have any with Carlos Boozer out.

This is what I call the Parliament argument, because it makes it sound like we're electing some kind of basketball government and that the principality of Utah simply must be represented. As you can probably tell, I'm not a big supporter of this line of reasoning.

Not only has it been the basis for nearly every awful All-Star selection in recent history (take a bow, Tyrone Hill), but the basic premise turns the entire logic of selecting an All-Star team on its head. Everyone seems to forget that the idea is to put on a game for the fans by selecting the 12 best players. Somehow, that's been perverted into putting on a game for the coaches by selecting the 12 players with the best teammates.

Okur and Williams aren't even the best players at their positions who were excluded; those would be Marcus Camby and Manu Ginobili. Besides, as I pointed out in a previous missive, the coaches never intended to have five guards on the team, so replacing Nash with another backcourt player makes little sense. Replacing him with a center makes even less, considering how many dominant power forwards remain to choose from in the West.

And unbelievably, the guy who will get the shaft is once again Elton Brand. The Clippers' forward is so obviously better than Okur or Williams that it seems silly to even get into debating it. But should my worst fears come to pass, the Parliament argument will now have placed Dale Davis, Wally Szczerbiak, Rashard Lewis, Brad Miller and Williams/Okur on All-Star teams ahead of Brand in the past seven years. He was eventually taken as an injury sub after the Szczerbiak snafu, and I'm still hoping the same happens this year. But I'm guessing it probably won't.

50 cent
02-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Manu is not an allstar.
:toast

ArgSpursFan
02-13-2007, 07:53 AM
¨Kareem Abdul¨Elson could replace Yao! :drunk

romain.star
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
how many others PG injuries would it take to have our Beno selected?

cheguevara
02-13-2007, 12:00 PM
how many others PG injuries would it take to have our Beno selected?

dream on. Stern would put his fat ass in the court before putting Beno in

JamStone
02-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Stern will likely be diplomatic and add either Deron Williams or Memo Okur to replace Nash since Utah is one of the elite teams, leads their division, and has been one of the better financially productive NBA cities in the league. I'd like to see Memo be added because he's a former Pistons, but Deron Williams deserves it just as much.

At any rate, why don't they just play the Nike Second Coming versus the Adidas 5ive:

Second Coming:

Steve Nash (Chris Paul replacing)
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Jermaine O'Neal
Amare Stoudemire

Adidas 5ive:

Chauncey Billups
Gilbert Arenas
Tracy McGrady
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan

That would be fun.

mabber
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=1Parker1]Why is Nash out? I thought his shoulder injury was minor and he'd be out 2 or 3 games?[QUOTE]

They're just being very careful with him. Nash said himself that he thinks it's highly likely that the shoulder soreness is related to his back problems. The Suns have ZERO chance to even win a playoff series w/o Nash so there's really no point in pushing him to come back soon.

MoSpur
02-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Stern could go the international route and select Manu, but I doubt it.

Kori Ellis
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
dream on. Stern would put his fat ass in the court before putting Beno in

Just FYI, Beno is actually participating in All-Star weekend, he is one of the international players holding his own clinic at Fedex Global Village (Jam Session). (I'm not joking)

Others holding clinics include Boris Diaw, Andrew Bogut, Sasha Pavlovic and Tony Parker.

MoSpur
02-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Just FYI, Beno is actually participating in All-Star weekend, he is one of the international players holding his own clinic at Fedex Global Village (Jam Session). (I'm not joking)

How to pick out a purse

steppy
02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Looks like A.I. is out now too.

cheguevara
02-13-2007, 01:47 PM
West allstar's with not even 1 single PG. (tony is a SG)

they should get c3p0

cheguevara
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM

I predict a 10 yr old girl will beat him on 1-1

ginobili fan
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
cheguevara is a bitch

cheguevara
02-13-2007, 01:49 PM
cheguevara is a bitch

http://cinemexicano.mty.itesm.mx/imagenes/ytumama_guion.jpg

ginobili fan
02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
O it's a great movie :spin :clap

ginobili fan
02-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh I forgot the most important:it's an ARGENTINIAN movie

angel_luv
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM

I'm not laughing. :lol

That's cool for Beno. Hope he has fun but not too much fun in Vegas.