PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain something!

Dre_7
02-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Wisconsin's overall record is 24-2.
Ohio States overall record is 22-3.
Wisconsin beat Ohio State on Jan 9th.
Wisconsin is 1st place in the Big Ten.
Ohio State is 2nd place in the Big Ten.
Ohio State got SMOKED by Florida.
Wisconsin crushed Florida State, 1 of only 2 teams to beat Florida.

Yet Ohio State is ranked #2 in both polls and Wisconsin is ranked #3!?!?? :wtf :pctoss

Not that it is a big deal. Wisconsin will beat them again on the 25th, its just frustrating.

SrA Husker
02-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Eastern
Seaboard
Programming
Network

Any questions?

K-State Spur
02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
The same reason that Texas is listed as easily into the dance by most analysts and K-State is firmly on the bubble (out according to Lunardi), despite an equal conference record, a better RPI, and a win on the Horns' home floor.

K-State Spur
02-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Ohio State got SMOKED by Florida.
Wisconsin crushed Florida State, 1 of only 2 teams to beat Florida.

This is the one part of your argument that I wouldn't use. Comparative scoring in college sports (or pro sports for that matter) just doesn't work.

Dre_7
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
This is the one part of your argument that I wouldn't use. Comparative scoring in college sports (or pro sports for that matter) just doesn't work.

It probably isnt even needed. The five other reason i listed before should be enough. Well, apparently not to the voters. OSU has Greg Oden!! So despite losing to Wisconsin, being behind them in the Big Ten standings, and having a worse overall record, because they signed Greg Oden in the offseason they get the better ranking in the polls. Makes perfect sense :D :bang

K-State Spur
02-12-2007, 07:05 PM
i agree. luckily, in college basketball, the polls are mainly just for fun and have very little meaning. actual games and champions will be determined on the court, a novel concept.

Horry For 3!
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Greg Oden > Wisconsin :lol

Dre_7
02-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Greg Oden > Wisconsin :lol

Alando Tucker > Greg Oden!

JMarkJohns
02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Eastern
Seaboard
Programming
Network

Any questions?

Yeah, how is Ohio State eastern? I now it's further east than Wisconsin, but it's far from being on the East Coast, which is where bias derives.

Still, I do agree ESPN plays a large part in the hype that probably led many voters/coaches to bypass Wisconsin for Ohio State.

SrA Husker
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Ohio State is considered Eastern enough. Especially after football season proclaiming them second best team of all time (behind 2005 USC). Funny how neither of those teams are wearing nice big rings.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 02:41 AM
...i agree, i don't understand how ohio state is ranked ahead of wisconsin, at least at this point.

RonMexico
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
I just want A&M to get some kind of respect and move up to #5 for the first time in school history.