PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a Wii?

dg7md
02-13-2007, 01:20 AM
I just got one for my birthday today and I'm wondering if anybody at Spurstalk has one, we could exchange friend codes, share Mii's (I'm going to be making Duncan, Parker, and Manu ones, etc.), and eventually play games together?

Just post here and get your friend code posted, I'll get my friend code listed here tomorrow.

Lady Marmalade
02-13-2007, 01:43 AM
My boyfriends brother bought that.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-13-2007, 06:29 AM
What exactly is the 'friend code' ?

Samurai Jane
02-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I got my husband one for Christmas. It's been a big hit with everyone we've let play it. My brother is not much into video games (except for Mario Kart) and he loved it. Unfortunately, we had to bring it back to Phoenix with us so he'll have to get his own now. :lol

I am enjoying the Wii Fitness, it helps me get those extra calories I need to have an ice cream bar for dessert! :lol

Mixability
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Thats the one thing I don't get with the Wii. The friend code looks good for privacy issues, since little kids will have to actually exchange friend codes to play online together, but if you just want to jump in and play with random people(Xbox Live) it's a hassle.

Pop OFits
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Anybody got a Wii?

No, I've already gone three times this morning. Why do you ask?

dg7md
02-13-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm confused about the Wii. How do you play old games on it like Mario Kart 64? Do you just buy another disk or do you download it?

You download it on the virtual console, it'll play Gamecube games right off the disc though.

Also friend codes are pretty stupid but it's the only way you can add friends for now.

I'm gonna post up the Spurs Mii's I make when I get around to it.

Also, my friend code is 5029 8350 3955 1423

dg7md
02-13-2007, 05:45 PM
All right guys, I just did the Duncan Mii, check it out!

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4307/duncanmiiph2.jpg

If you like it, I can take requests for others to make, even yourselves!

Solid D
02-13-2007, 05:54 PM

He looks soft. Probably not anything you did, though.

tw05baller
02-13-2007, 07:28 PM

kinda looks like rasheed

T-Pain
02-13-2007, 08:23 PM
that looks nothin like duncan

dg7md
02-13-2007, 09:19 PM
The options for Mii's are EXTREMELY limited. Infact you only have so many individual options you can adjust. It's all about working with what ya got.

I changed his face to a smile. But, yeah, the Mii system isn't really detailed, but some combos work very nice: www.miiplaza.net has great ones

dg7md
02-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Yeah, exactly like Live. I haven't gotten a point card yet but I plan on to. It's pretty cool, just playing with the Mii's and WiiSports and stuff.

Lady Marmalade
02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
OMG the Wii is so much FUN to play. I think I want to buy one! Note: I haven't bought a video game station since playstation. Actually, I've only had gifts and never bought one.....

dirk4mvp
02-17-2007, 01:33 AM
http://wiihaveaproblem.com/

Lady Marmalade
02-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Wii is so much fun. I want one!!!

baseline bum
02-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Nintendo hardware is impossible to find right now. I went to five places this morning looking for a DS Lite, with no luck.

KewlKat00
02-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Nintendo hardware is impossible to find right now. I went to five places this morning looking for a DS Lite, with no luck.

no joke. i was looking for a wii this weekend in the torrance or west hollywood area. i went to 2 places and called about 13 more. nothing. so i started looking at itrackr so i wouldn't have to keep calling every single day. i was skeptical since the target it listed didn't actually have the wii even though it said it did. then this afternoon i noticed that it showed another target had it in stock. this one actually did- a random afternoon shipment. i would definitely recommend using it to help with the search. it beats driving everywhere.

johngateswhiteley
02-21-2007, 01:16 AM
no joke. i was looking for a wii this weekend in the torrance or west hollywood area. i went to 2 places and called about 13 more. nothing. so i started looking at itrackr so i wouldn't have to keep calling every single day. i was skeptical since the target it listed didn't actually have the wii even though it said it did. then this afternoon i noticed that it showed another target had it in stock. this one actually did- a random afternoon shipment. i would definitely recommend using it to help with the search. it beats driving everywhere.

(a kewl siting) ... :cheer btw, can't believe we lost to asu. shameful...

KewlKat00
02-21-2007, 01:58 AM
(a kewl siting) ... :cheer btw, can't believe we lost to asu. shameful...

i've been busy playing someone else's wii... and then caving and looking for my own. i wasn't a happy camper after calling 13 stores with no luck while watching usc collapse against asu in the second half. but now i have my wii, and hopefully we can have 2 good games at home this weekend.

Burn531
02-21-2007, 02:18 AM
I have yet to see a Wii at any of my local Best Buy, Target, or Meijer stores. It's been kinda strange since it's been 4 months of it's release.

johnpaulwall21
02-21-2007, 02:30 AM
I have yet to see a Wii at any of my local Best Buy, Target, or Meijer stores. It's been kinda strange since it's been 4 months of it's release.

yeah cause they are much cheaper then the ps3. i cant find one either.

Samurai Jane
02-21-2007, 10:36 AM
I hear that they aren't expecting any shipments on the Wii until March.

KewlKat00
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
i cant find one either.

try here: http://crayz.org/target_wii.php?zip=90048 (just change the zip code in the address)

or here: http://www.itrackr.com/home.aspx

another trick is to find out which ad has it listed in sunday's paper. they will usually have some held for sunday morning. last weekend was kmart. the weekend before was toysrus, circuit city, and target. the guy at target said they get them every couple or so weeks. sometimes they have the ad info here: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/5513-still-search-wii.html. supposedly, it is in the circuit city ad next sunday...

Mr. Peabody
02-21-2007, 12:26 PM
I hear that they aren't expecting any shipments on the Wii until March.

Target had them in stock yesterday. They receive their shipments on Tuesday.

Samurai Jane
02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
What? You're telling me the guy at EB lied to me??? :pctoss

Mr. Peabody
02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
What? You're telling me the guy at EB lied to me??? :pctoss

I don't know about EB Games, but the Target on SE Military by Brooks City Base had five of them when I was there yesterday.

johngateswhiteley
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
can somebody explain to me the big deal about the Wii? i don't play video games, other than 2002 rugby on playstation 2...but it would seem the Wii is fairly pedestrian compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

SoCalSpursFan
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
the wii is a whole different type of gaming.

i have one, but have no idea have to share mii's.

you did a good job with the duncan one...people have to realize you dont have much to work with.

Conan OBrien is easy to make, so is hitler.

It's an awsome system. It gets 1000 more hours of playing time than the 360, and thats between 3 roomates.