PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M's next loss

tlongII
02-13-2007, 10:36 AM
02/28 at Texas 9:00 PM

I think UT will be handfull come tournament time. The Big 12 is actually better than I thought they would be. A&M, UT, and Kansas are all capable of making runs deep into the tournament.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM

...nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them.

tlongII
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
...nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them.
Augustin and Durant are both All America quality players. They will beat A&M in Austin.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Augustin and Durant are both All America quality players. They will beat A&M in Austin.

nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them.

tlongII
02-13-2007, 11:41 AM

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 11:44 AM

tlongII
02-13-2007, 12:14 PM

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 12:26 PM

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree it will be a tough game, but we already beat them once in College Station by 18 and that was with the refs keeping tu in the game.

The thing is we've got a guy in Dominique Kirk who is a Bowen clone and locked down Augustin last time.

tlongII
02-13-2007, 12:36 PM

SrA Husker
02-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I like Aggies chances against Texas.

Texas is not capable of making a deep run in the tourney. I predict a second round exit.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 12:48 PM

nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them. nah, t.u. is a joke. we'll handle them.

SrA Husker
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not quite sure what John's reaction is in this thread.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm not quite sure what John's reaction is in this thread.

:lol

Jimcs50
02-13-2007, 12:58 PM

I think UT will be handfull come tournament time. The Big 12 is actually better than I thought they would be. A&M, UT, and Kansas are all capable of making runs deep into the tournament.

I think their next loss will be against Florida in the Finals. In triple OT, after JJ, AK and Kirk foul out.

:smokin

RonMexico
02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I think Kansas' next loss will be in the first round of the NCAA tournament when they lose to some kind of George Mason clone.

MajorMike
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
One impact player like Durant is capable of singularly willing a team into at least the Sweet 16, and with good support from one of Augustine and/or Abrams to the EE. UT is almost like ttek in football... you don't stop them, you have to outscore them.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 03:34 PM
One impact player like Durant is capable of singularly willing a team into at least the Sweet 16, and with good support from one of Augustine and/or Abrams to the EE. UT is almost like ttek in football... you don't stop them, you have to outscore them.

while i understand, and agree with, your logic...i won't take it as far. there is no way this t.u. team could make the elite 8, their defense sucks ass. they got their average against A&M, after getting to the free throw line carte blanche, and still got their ass beat. Durant and Co. might make it to the sweet 16, but no way any further...teams like A&M, Florida, UCLA, UNC, Kansas, Wisconsin, Wazzou, and maybe Ohio State would run right over them....

MajorMike
02-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I seem to recall a few teams back in the day winning or at least getting to the title game playing zero defense (uo, UNLV, etc).

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
I seem to recall a few teams back in the day winning or at least getting to the title game playing zero defense (uo, UNLV, etc).

we'll see...

Cant_Be_Faded
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
I think its so funny that aggies think refs kept ut in that last game

ut was playing their sissy ass pussy zone defense most of the game and therefore was not fouling...it really is as simple as that....every time we switched to man we started picking up fouls like no other, maybe even faster than yall (cuz we suck xcore at D)

I rewatched the game and this is true
yall bitching about the refs even after yall won is pathetic
i guess it comes with the territory of not being used to WINNING
one thing is for sure though...if we DO pull it out i bet you anything we don't make a painting out of it, and worship the moment as anything remotely special

we're ut. we're used to winning, and beating yall means nothing more than one more conference win.
chumps

Extra Stout
02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
A&M's next loss might be tonight.

02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
A&M's next loss will be tonight.

Fixed that for you.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-13-2007, 09:18 PM
JGW will find a good way to spin this loss around, making both A&M and USC look good as a result

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
JGW will find a good way to spin this loss around, making both A&M and USC look good as a result

nope, its a horrible fucking loss. and to a sorry bitch ass school...i can't stand t.u., but at least i have respect for them. tekk is just pathetic....losing to them twice almost erases beating ku and t.u. this year. its fucking unacceptable...

dallaskd
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM

...Kansas State

SrA Husker
02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
...Kansas State

Not after tonight. KSU has to win 4/5 left... playing ISU/KU/@CU/@OSU/OU

Road games are no guarantee in the Big 12 and KSU has never beat KU at the Bramlage. Their resume is far from finished.

Extra Stout
02-13-2007, 11:11 PM
nope, its a horrible fucking loss. and to a sorry bitch ass school...i can't stand t.u., but at least i have respect for them. tekk is just pathetic....losing to them twice almost erases beating ku and t.u. this year. its fucking unacceptable...
Jarrius Jackson showed off his brass balls. It happens.

johngateswhiteley
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Jarrius Jackson showed off his brass balls. It happens.

...who cares. its still unacceptable. i won't get over the loss unless A&M wins the Big 12...which now could be in jeopardy, thanks to A&M playing like dogshit again against this pathetic university. i wish i was playing in that game...i would have killed someone. thankfully, i have rugby practice soon.

ahhhhhhhhh!

Cant_Be_Faded
02-14-2007, 12:00 AM
You realize the ramifcations this game could have if UT runs the table against agg and KU right

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 12:02 AM
You realize the ramifcations this game could have if UT runs the table against agg and KU right

...its a big loss.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-14-2007, 12:02 AM

But it won't.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-14-2007, 12:04 AM
t.u. got pampered by the refs in agg, this advantage ushers us to a win on 28th?

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
t.u. got pampered by the refs in agg, this advantage ushers us to a win on 28th?

i don't see how it can be any worse in austin, and you still lost, so i doubt it...but anything is possible. we just lost to a shitty ass team for the second time this season...so who the hell knows.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-14-2007, 12:08 AM
life in the big twelve jg
life in the big twelve

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 12:11 AM
life in the big twelve jg
life in the big twelve

you are probably right, its just so nice to actually have a team worth a damn nowadays. sucks losing to teams you should handle...and it really sucks losing to the black eye that is tekk. :pctoss

mookie2001
02-14-2007, 12:16 AM
the way tech plays defense and runs their offense is so funny though, its unbelievable to see it work on the road against a good team, its like they play 3 guys at the boddicker position

MajorMike
02-14-2007, 08:26 AM
you are probably right, its just so nice to actually have a team worth a damn nowadays. sucks losing to teams you should handle...and it really sucks losing to the black eye that is tekk. :pctoss

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/basketball/ncaa/02/13/texastech.texasam.ap/Aggies.jpg

MajorMike
02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
So since ttek swept atm, that is proof under the jgw line of reasoning that ttek is a better basketball team.

RonMexico
02-14-2007, 08:58 AM
I'll say it again like I've said it during the past 2 games at home: FT shooting is the key for this team... if they shoot 75%+ every game, then they are a Final 4 team. Missing front-ends of 1-and-1 and 2 shots in a row (Marlon) is unacceptable.

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 11:04 AM
So since ttek swept atm, that is proof under the jgw line of reasoning that ttek is a better basketball team.

no; you obviously haven't read my posts then. i often argue the opposite. in any case, its apparent their motion offense gives us trouble...but at the same time we are a lot better this year than last year and we swept tekk last year. go figure...

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-14-2007, 12:01 PM

It's funny because it's true.

MajorMike
02-14-2007, 12:06 PM
:elephant :elephant

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 12:13 PM

1. last time A&M lost to tekk they went on a 5 game win streak...i imagine they win out (going on another 5 game win streak), thus winning the regular season big 12 title. just like i said they would

2. since USC and A&M's fate are inexplicably intertwined, i expect SC to turn it up and finish their season strong as well

leemajors
02-14-2007, 12:50 PM
1. last time A&M lost to tekk they went on a 5 game win streak...i imagine they win out (going on another 5 game win streak), thus winning the regular season big 12 title. just like i said they would

2. since USC and A&M's fate are inexplicably intertwined, i expect SC to turn it up and finish their season strong as well

i thought they were intertwined because you are a fan of both, that doesn't sound inexplicable to me.

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 12:52 PM
i thought they were intertwined because you are a fan of both, that doesn't sound inexplicable to me.

...you broke my code. :depressed

samikeyp
02-14-2007, 12:56 PM
If SC makes the tourney....I want JGW to bust out the old school Harold Miner USC #23! :tu

Aggie's next loss will be in the Elite 8.

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 01:19 PM
If SC makes the tourney....I want JGW to bust out the old school Harold Miner USC #23! :tu

Aggie's next loss will be in the Elite 8.

1. SC is going to make the tourney, you can bank on that

2. i really believe A&M will win the next 5 and take the big 12. in the tourney...i think A&M can make the final four, but it will be really tough. i won't be unhappy if they make the elite 8....but i will be unhappy if they only get to the sweet 16

samikeyp
02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
1. SC is going to make the tourney, you can bank on that

Good....then you need to bring out the Baby Jordan threads! :)

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Good....then you need to bring out the Baby Jordan threads! :)

baby jordan! :clap

samikeyp
02-14-2007, 01:32 PM
he made ESPN's top 20 dunkers of all time....19 I think.

johngateswhiteley
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
he made ESPN's top 20 dunkers of all time....19 I think.

thats about all he could do, unfortunately.