PDA

View Full Version : If we were to discover

101A
02-13-2007, 12:00 PM
That 58% of the insurgents, but not the leaders, wanted to quit the fight in Iraq, would we be "emboldened"? Would it not strengthen our resolve, rally our troops? Would it not, in fact, guarantee our ultimate victory.

The non-binding resolution is, in fact, VERY important - especially since every person in the world knows we have a lame-duck president.

boutons_
02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
"Would it not strengthen our resolve, rally our troops?"

dubya and dickhead are "full speed ahead" with "the army we have", where does their resolve seem lacking?

Are you saying our troops need rallying? I heard the super-patriots here say that our troops were "kicking ass in Iraq". The need rallying to kick more ass?

"victory is not an option in Iraq", if a liberal democracy that dubya is "gifting" the Iraqis with is the goal. sectarian/tribal/village Iraq is not capable of liberal democracy. After the charade of democratic purple finger elections and a useless constitution, there is no Iraqi govt there to "stand up".

The Iraqis and their Muslim neighboring countries are "home" and can wait at home for much longer and much cheaper than the US military can stay "away from home" and longer than the US public has patience for the wasted US bloodshed showing NO positive results.

The non-binding resolution is ineffective in stopping the WH. dickhead would NEVER have his unrestrained Exec bow to the Lege, on principle. It's a pro-forma vote of no-confidence by the Congress in the Exec's conduct of the Iraq war. Important in historical terms to place the blame for losing Iraq and de-stabilizing the M/E 200% exclusively on the Exec.

I'm for pulling out of Iraq before 20 Jan 09 so the WH will have no way to blame the pullout on the next administration. The sooner the pullout, the better.

I also think we should confiscate all oilco profits from M/E oil to pay for veterans' care. Our debts and taxes and bodies are protecting oilco profits.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 02:01 PM
That 58% of the insurgents, but not the leaders, wanted to quit the fight in Iraq, would we be "emboldened"?If we can take a Zogby poll of the insurgents, we have already won.