PDA

View Full Version : MVP = not Dirk or Nash

Brutalis
02-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Gilbert Arenas.

Mark my words. Nash won't win it again. First time was a complete fluke, second time was legit I guess. Dirk won't ever win an MVP, have to put up better numbers than that...

Arenas = MVP

johnpaulwall21
02-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Arenas is overrated nuff said......................end of discussion........................................ .................................................. ............. .................................................. .............................

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

Holmes_Fans
02-13-2007, 05:20 PM
No one in the east deserves MVP.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-13-2007, 05:22 PM
No chance in hell.

LEONARD
02-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Troll thread...move along...

what's really funny is that you posted it after his 9 pt / 50 pt guarantee game...

lefty
02-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Gilbert Arenas.

Mark my words. Nash won't win it again. First time was a complete fluke, second time was legit I guess. Dirk won't ever win an MVP, have to put up better numbers than that...

Arenas = MVP
:nope :nope

Brutalis
02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Troll thread...move along...

what's really funny is that you posted it after his 9 pt / 50 pt guarantee game...
Troll??? Check again bucko :)

And so? That speaks volumes compared to Duncan. And yes, that is a shot at TD and his game or lack-there-of.

LEONARD
02-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Troll??? Check again bucko :)

And so? That speaks volumes compared to Duncan. And yes, that is a shot at TD and his game or lack-there-of.

I'm not saying you're a "troll"...I said it's a troll thread...you're just doing a bit...surely you can't believe what you're saying here...

Pistons < Spurs
02-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Arenas ain't no damned MVP.... He's a me first, selfish. twisted ego loudmouth who's completely lost track of the goal.

jacobdrj
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Gilbert is just another AI/Marburry/Francis. All star? Sure. MVP? No way in hell.

JMarkJohns
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Gilbert is just another AI/Marburry/Francis. All star? Sure. MVP? No way in hell.

Iverson was MVP in 2001.

ChumpDumper
02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Taint = not Dick or Balls

atxrocker
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
all the arenas hate on this board is pretty fucking sad. he's a baller and a decent guy.

and i agree with the sentiment that neither nash nor dirk will win mvp this year. may not be arenas, but someone else all together.

Leetonidas
02-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Kobe is going to win it. What he's been doing in LA with the team he has is unbelieveable.

jigernt09
02-13-2007, 07:08 PM
its eitehr Nash or Dirk....no one else has a chance in hell

ShoogarBear
02-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Gilbert would give up all wins for the rest of the year if he could get the MVP.

KB24
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Kobe = Mvp

dirk4mvp
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
WTF? You call a guy who guaranteed a 50 point game then goes for 9 points and then has the balls/lack of balls to blame it on the teams new defensive scheme of things and didn't blame any of it on himself.

Wow

mavsfan1000
02-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Dirk=MVP

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Nash will get his 3rd MVP. Look at the Suns last 2 games to see why. Dirk can miss some games and the Mavs likely won't skip a beat. Arenas cost himself some points over that spat with Eddie Jordan. LeBron has been disappointing this year considering the expectations from last year's playoffs. Wade apparently can't keep the Heat over .500 without the Big Lazy. That leaves Nash.

Xylus
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Nash will get his 3rd MVP. Look at the Suns last 2 games to see why. Dirk can miss some games and the Mavs likely won't skip a beat.
Can't say I agree with you there. The Suns are 2-2 this year without Nash, and 2-0 in games where he left early because of an injury. I wouldn't say that the Suns are pisspoor without Nash on the court. Because Nash has the ball so much of the time, the rest of the team is often unsure of how to run the offense efficiently without him for extended periods of time. If Nash was out for an entire month, I think the Suns would hover a little over .500.

I think the Mavs are almost in the same boat, but they don't rely on Nowitzki quite as much. The Mavs would be good without Dirk, but not much better than the Suns without Nash.

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Can't say I agree with you there. The Suns are 2-2 this year without Nash, and 2-0 in games where he left early because of an injury. I wouldn't say that the Suns are pisspoor without Nash on the court. Because Nash has the ball so much of the time, the rest of the team is often unsure of how to run the offense efficiently without him for extended periods of time. If Nash was out for an entire month, I think the Suns would hover a little over .500.

I think the Mavs are almost in the same boat, but they don't rely on Nowitzki quite as much. The Mavs would be good without Dirk, but not much better than the Suns without Nash.

I am not saying there is a really severe dropoff but is asking too much of Barbosa to score his usual 25 a night plus make play for other players. Its those extended periods were they are lost on offense that hurts them.

sandeepgm
02-13-2007, 11:19 PM
In many games Dirk almost accounts for 35-40% of the points for the mavs. Ofcourse in a few games he settles for 18 to 20 points just because he doesnt have to. He doesnt have to be like gilbert arenas for his team to win. If he is on the floor, that itself renders him a threat and he can simply open things up for his team mates when he is double teamed.

Being a big man dirk doesnt create as much as the point guards but he had quite a few games where he had 7 to 8 assists. Nowadays in the last 2 mins of every game, Avery wants him to take on the best big man from the other team.

He does a lot of things well but since he is more of a guy who takes what the defense gives and doesnt force a lot,he is never really going to have the stats and that will aways be held against him when MVP votes are tallied. Unless you follow the team his stats are not going to wow you and also he doesnt get injured and there is no way to see how the team will do without him.

Sure he did have some emotional meltdowns in the past but if that is held against him, then we should also see that he has graciously allowed howard to take a leading role in the offense. We have seen a lot of games where howard is just chucking 22 shots to get his 21 points. I am not under rating howard to overrate nowitzki but i am stating it as i see it.

Dirk is also pretty good at defense these days but nobody wants to give a white european any credit unless the media themselves come out and start worshipping him. Dirk is also carrying a team that doesnt have a consistent no.2. Howard still scores more in home games than in away games though the disparity is lesser than before. Terry wouldnt be better than most no.3's in the league. He is not better than marion/amare nor is he better than parker.
Our team is deep for sure but its also a team whose bench is 23 rd out of 31 in scoring. We have good pieces, some veteran leadership but the guy that makes the best team in the league go is Dirk.

The media will make you believe that the suns are going to win it all but this team is a big threat to win it all which nobody can deny and i dont see why a guy who is the main reason why this team is so good, doesnt get any credit.

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
In many games Dirk almost accounts for 35-40% of the points for the mavs. Ofcourse in a few games he settles for 18 to 20 points just because he doesnt have to. He doesnt have to be like gilbert arenas for his team to win. If he is on the floor, that itself renders him a threat and he can simply open things up for his team mates when he is double teamed.

Being a big man dirk doesnt create as much as the point guards but he had quite a few games where he had 7 to 8 assists. Nowadays in the last 2 mins of every game, Avery wants him to take on the best big man from the other team.

He does a lot of things well but since he is more of a guy who takes what the defense gives and doesnt force a lot,he is never really going to have the stats and that will aways be held against him when MVP votes are tallied. Unless you follow the team his stats are not going to wow you and also he doesnt get injured and there is no way to see how the team will do without him.

Sure he did have some emotional meltdowns in the past but if that is held against him, then we should also see that he has graciously allowed howard to take a leading role in the offense. We have seen a lot of games where howard is just chucking 22 shots to get his 21 points. I am not under rating howard to overrate nowitzki but i am stating it as i see it.

Dirk is also pretty good at defense these days but nobody wants to give a white european any credit unless the media themselves come out and start worshipping him. Dirk is also carrying a team that doesnt have a consistent no.2. Howard still scores more in home games than in away games though the disparity is lesser than before. Terry wouldnt be better than most no.3's in the league. He is not better than marion/amare nor is he better than parker.
Our team is deep for sure but its also a team whose bench is 23 rd out of 31 in scoring. We have good pieces, some veteran leadership but the guy that makes the best team in the league go is Dirk.

The media will make you believe that the suns are going to win it all but this team is a big threat to win it all which nobody can deny and i dont see why a guy who is the main reason why this team is so good, doesnt get any credit.

I agree with you that Dirk's presence alone makes life easier for his teammates. I disagree with you that people are discounting the Mavs in favor of the Suns. When in fact the Mavs are the favorites to win the West. The only sports personality I see picking the Suns to win the West is Tim Legler.

adrienne
02-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Nash will win MVP this year. And what pisses me off is that he deserves it, while last year should have been all Dirk.

schadenfreude52
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
A lot of people don't give him a lot of respect. He should have been MVP the last two years for what he's done for this team. I think he's proven his point.

bdictjames
02-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Last year's MVP was undoubtedly Kobe Bryant or Lebron James.

This year, as much as I hate to say it, it's all Dirk.

sandeepgm
02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
"Nash will win MVP this year. And what pisses me off is that he deserves it, while last year should have been all Dirk."

And why does Nash deserve it more this year than last year?? He has more options to pass to this year. He has better stats than last year but his stats last year were better than the year before too.

LEONARD
02-14-2007, 10:14 AM
It's hard not to argue Nash when you compare his #'s to the past 2 years when he won it...

but Dirk has to be right there with him...

38 pts, 11 reb, 8 asst, and 2 stl last night :fro

He WILL get a triple double this year. He's a much better passer this year...and defender (even though he gets little credit for what he does do).

phyzik
02-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Beno Udrih

Medvedenko
02-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Dirk should win it...I would like Kobe to win it, but his team needs to play better...4 L's in a row aint cutting it.