PDA

View Full Version : Yet another win for the Mavs!

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Down 84-78 to the Bucks but Devon George is showing why he was the steal of the offseason again leading this comeback!! Mavs WILL win this fucker! :elephant :elephant

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 10:10 PM
:toast

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Dirk is like, a psychic or something! :lol

Xylus
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
89-81, Bucks, with 8 minutes remaining.

Mavs could take this one if the Bucks lose focus in the final stretch.

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Gotta admit the Mavs are damn good. Even in games they are losing you know they can turn it on at any time and run away with it.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Of course they will win. The Bucks have the midget chucker and he is bound to chuck it up in the 4th

schadenfreude52
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
92-91, Bucks.

Mavs should get this one.

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Of course they will win. The Bucks have the midget chucker and he is bound to chuck it up in the 4th

Haha, I forgot about the tree frog. Guess you guys aren't missing him much in Denver... :lol

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:28 PM
There they go with the lead... looks like you called it again Dirk ya bastard. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Haha, I forgot about the tree frog. Guess you guys aren't missing him much in Denver... :lol

not at all :lol

Blake is nearly averaging a double double in February for the Nuggets :smokin

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2007, 10:29 PM
This game belongs to the Mavs! They have this game right where they want it!! :elephant :elephant

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Jet!!!!!

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Jet ftw :smokin

Plenty of time left.

Watch for the midget to throw up a brick

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, that's game...

schadenfreude52
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
so....

43-9

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
this team is too good

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
this team is too good

Let's see how good they are in the playoffs. :smokin

ponky
dang we got lucky pulling this one out...keeping the bucks to under 20 in the fourth was very nice...i almost feel sorry for the bucks with their 16 point lead but DIRK with 38 points, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Udrihlooms
these mavs are really damn good...

there's a tinge of envy running along my spurs vein...

darn, we were this good just a few years ago... ;P

TheMulvany
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
The Mavs held the Bucks to 0 field goals over the last 7 minutes. That's just ridiculous...and they're a pretty high scoring team. Or at least they were the last time I checked.

schadenfreude52
02-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Nowitzki:

38 pts
11 rebs
8 asts

the triple-double proves elusive yet again...

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
dang we got lucky pulling this one out...keeping the bucks to under 20 in the fourth was very nice...i almost feel sorry for the bucks with their 16 point lead but DIRK with 38 points, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

:toast The Mavs do it again Btw I will go out on a limb and predict 50 points for Dirk next Thursday versus Miami. If we are really luck including a poster of him dunking over Wade or Mourning or both. :lol

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
One thing's for sure, the days of taking the D out of Dallas are done. Avery's molded this bunch into a pretty good defensive squad. On top of their highly potent offense.

ponky
02-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Nowitzki:

38 pts
11 rebs
8 asts

the triple-double proves elusive yet again...

i just saw that on the boxscore, three times in the last week or two that dirk's gotten so close with the triple double....he's really getting his game on compared to the first two months of the season

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:44 PM
i just saw that on the boxscore, three times in the last week or two that dirk's gotten so close with the triple double....he's really getting his game on compared to the first two months of the season

MVP for damn sure.

mabber
02-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I hope D.George is ok.

ponky
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
MVP for damn sure.

i hope so but i'm not banking on it just because i've been through so many heartbreaks with the mavs and anyway, mvp is not really the most important thing even if it is a very impressive accomplishment

who picks the mvp? the press?

BTW, the rockets/kings game is craaaaazy!

schadenfreude52
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
MVP for damn sure.

he better. nights like this one make his case much stronger.

ponky
02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I hope D.George is ok.

thank god the all-star weekend is coming up after the rockets game, it didn't look too serious, they showed him walking on it and at least he'll have time to rest and get well

dbreiden83080
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
he better. nights like this one make his case much stronger.

Nash needs to be hurt a lot in the 2nd half of the year otherwise they will give it to him yet again. You should be rooting against Dirk getting that award. It will put more pressure on him and he does not handle that too well just ask the Heat.

schadenfreude52
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
who picks the mvp? the press?

Yeah, sportswriters from the US and Canada choose who gets it.

Budkin
02-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Come on, Dirk has got to get the MVP this season with the way he's been performing. Nash does not deserve 3 in a row. I don't think even Jordan won that many in a row.

dbreiden83080
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Come on, Dirk has got to get the MVP this season with the way he's been performing. Nash does not deserve 3 in a row. I don't think even Jordan won that many in a row.

Yeah i am just messing with the Mavs fans if i was a sportswriter i would vote for Dirk so far this year he has played the best.

ponky
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Nash needs to be hurt a lot in the 2nd half of the year otherwise they will give it to him yet again. You should be rooting against Dirk getting that award. It will put more pressure on him and he does not handle that too well just ask the Heat.

Guess you haven't followed him much this season but whatever, keep hate alive!

lol, ok since you were kind of kidding, keep smacktalk alive!

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2007, 10:55 PM
eh

dallaskd
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I love the hate on the Mavs. people hate on the best. 43-9!!! unbeatable.

ponky
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
eh

haha, melo looks funny...he's the only one smiling because he's the only one who did shit in that tourney.

mabber
02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Sprained right knee for D.George. Let's hope it's not too serious.

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Guess you haven't followed him much this season but whatever, keep hate alive!

lol, ok since you were kind of kidding, keep smacktalk alive!

Honestlly I don't really care if Nash does not get MVP this season.. I rather he get Finals MVP.

Trainwreck2100
02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
haha, melo looks funny...he's the only one smiling because he's the only one who did shit in that tourney.

And Lebron looks proud, how does the other guy look?

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2007, 10:59 PM

Hell yeah just fucking give us the title already!! :hungry: :hungry:

LB7
02-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Like a pouter.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Wade - "I should have packed my own refs"

Budkin

I'm not hating on them. I'm admitting they are damn good. My buddy at work (Mavs fan) was freaking out when they started 0-4. I told him not to worry and that they had too much talent and just needed to gel. Now look at them. I'm taking some of that optimism back!!! :lol

ponky

ticked off once he found out that the officiating for the tourney was not composed of nba refs

Budkin
02-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Hell yeah just fucking give us the title already!! :hungry: :hungry:

Fraid not, many teams have won the "regular season title." You gotta earn that shit in the real NBA season, the playoffs.

LB7
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM
ticked off once he found out that the officiating for the tourney was not composed of nba refs
Speaking of the drama queen. I was not surprised to see this headline on the Heat game on espn.com frontpage, "Wade shakes off injury to lift Heat". Give me a break. He is always injured. Its a built-in excuse.

*rant over*

jigernt09
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM

calm down....no one is hating on the mavs....everyone is actually giving us really great praise.....thanks Budkin for not being an arrogant Spurs fan....mavs are the best team in the NBA....it could change but, right now, we are the best no doubt about it

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Wade - "I should have packed my own refs"

Wade - "Damn I forgot Salvatore."

ponky
02-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Fraid not, many teams have won the "regular season title." You gotta earn that shit in the real NBA season, the playoffs.

yup, we sucked tonight (except for dirk and jho to a lesser extent)and just turned it on for like one quarter...luckily it was the last quarter but still, seeing how hard it was last season, i'm not seeing a clear path to the championship this season, teams in the west will be better and there won't be any gimmes like the grizzlies to coast by in the first round

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Speaking of the drama queen. I was not surprised to see this headline on the Heat game on espn.com frontpage, "Wade shakes off injury to lift Heat". Give me a break. He is always injured. Its a built-in excuse.

*rant over*

Was he shooting an ad for Converse?

Holmes_Fans
02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I hope D.George is ok.
They said it was just a spained knee. He will probably sit out Friday then have the all star break to rest. No need to rush him back.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Man I love my boys. These guys are my fucking dawgs. GOD I LOVE THEM!! This team is becoming a fucking defensive powerhouse. This is the best defensive Mavs team EVER!! Dirk is having an MVP season again and this team is the deepest by far in the league. GOD IM EXCITED ABOUT THESE GUYS COME PLAYOFF TIME!! :clap :clap :clap

ponky
02-13-2007, 11:08 PM

*rant over*

haha, i saw that and just shook my head...it was his own freakin' charge and it wasn't something he really needed to leave the court for, just a shoulder that got whacked a little

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:09 PM
yup, we sucked tonight (except for dirk and jho to a lesser extent)and just turned it on for like one quarter...luckily it was the last quarter but still, seeing how hard it was last season, i'm not seeing a clear path to the championship this season, teams in the west will be better and there won't be any gimmes like the grizzlies to coast by in the first round

The Mavs are clearly the class of the West right now. Phoenix has thrown in the towel so to speak of making an emphasis of catching them for the #1 seed in order to make sure Nash is healthy plus they don't have the depth on the roster to keep pace with them in the regular season. However if is still up for grabs at the end they might go for it but I doubt it. By the end of March the West seedings will likely be set at the top 5.

ponky
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
The Mavs are clearly the class of the West right now. Phoenix has thrown in the towel so to speak of making an emphasis of catching them for the #1 seed in order to make sure Nash is healthy plus they don't have the depth on the roster to keep pace with them in the regular season. However if is still up for grabs at the end they might go for it but I doubt it. By the end of March the West seedings will likely be set at the top 5.

Eh, I don't know, things can change rapidly, look at how quickly the Spurs fell after being up in the seedings. When we went 0-4, I wasn't throwing in the towel but I nearly threw it in when it came to getting first seed because of the way things went down to the wire last season between the Spurs/Mavs seedings. Ultimately, the only thing that should really matter to the Suns is Nash, HCA and such things can be overcome. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing everyone big who's injured back so that teams can get in the groove and really play, some of the big matchups between the good teams are getting messed up because of the absence of certain guys. Spurs and Mavs are healthy but Nash, AI, Boozer, Walton, Kwame, Yao need to come back soon after the break.

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Eh, I don't know, things can change rapidly, look at how quickly the Spurs fell after being up in the seedings. When we went 0-4, I wasn't throwing in the towel but I nearly threw it in when it came to getting first seed because of the way things went down to the wire last season between the Spurs/Mavs seedings. Ultimately, the only thing that should really matter to the Suns is Nash, HCA and such things can be overcome. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing everyone big who's injured back so that teams can get in the groove and really play, some of the big matchups between the good teams are getting messed up because of the absence of certain guys. Spurs and Mavs are healthy but Nash, AI, Boozer, Walton, Kwame, Yao need to come back soon after the break.

True things can change in a heartbeat but as of right now D'Antoni has said he won't make it a point of emphasis to catch the Mavs even if it means having to concede homecourt to them in a possible WCF series. They feel confident that they can win on the road if necessary. Phoenix is 19-6 on the road as well as the Mavs. You know as well as I do that both of these teams are capable of beating one another on each others floor.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
and once again this turns into a mavs vs suns thread :drunk

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
and once again this turns into a mavs vs suns thread :drunk

Is not a Mavs vs Suns thread. Read before you post is not like me and Ponky are smack talking about which team is better. We are simply talking about possible playoff seeding. BTW in my post I actually said the Mavs are the best in the West right now.

ponky
02-13-2007, 11:37 PM
True things can change in a heartbeat but as of right now D'Antoni has said he won't make it a point of emphasis to catch the Mavs even if it means having to concede homecourt to them in a possible WCF series. They feel confident that they can win on the road if necessary. Phoenix is 19-6 on the road as well as the Mavs. You know as well as I do that both of these teams are capable of beating one another on each others floor.

except, look at the mavs' home record this season, ridiculously scary! haha, just kidding, you know you and i are cool!

dirk4mvp
02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
howard is out 2 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Amare_32
02-13-2007, 11:40 PM
howard is out 2 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Nice try I saw the other thread. :lol

TheMulvany
02-14-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure how you can claim D'Antoni is conceeding the #1 seed. Nash is hurt. He can't play. D'Antoni wants the #1 seed bad because he thinks he might get to avoid the Spurs that way. I think the Spurs will be the #3 seed still, and the fact is that Phoenix hasn't proven at all that they can hang with the Spurs. I don't care about the win they had this year. It means nothing. The Spus have dominated Nash his entire career.

mabber
02-14-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm not sure how you can claim D'Antoni is conceeding the #1 seed. Nash is hurt. He can't play. D'Antoni wants the #1 seed bad because he thinks he might get to avoid the Spurs that way. I think the Spurs will be the #3 seed still, and the fact is that Phoenix hasn't proven at all that they can hang with the Spurs. I don't care about the win they had this year. It means nothing. The Spus have dominated Nash his entire career.

I'm sure the Spurs will make it a point of emphasis to try to get the #3 seed and avoid the Mavs in the 2nd round (assuming Dallas holds on to the #1 seed).

RonMexico
02-14-2007, 08:48 AM
except, look at the mavs' home record this season, ridiculously scary! haha, just kidding, you know you and i are cool!

Suns home record was decently impressive until 4th qtr meltdowns against the Hawks and Bulls.

I was watching my recording of the A&M/Tech game (dammit...) and flipping to the Mavs/Bucks game from time to time. At the end of the 3rd quarter, I left to get some food because I knew the Mavs were gonna come back and win it in the 4th... sure enough, I come back with 22 seconds left and they've got a 2 point lead and the ball.

It's like they were coasting the whole game and letting themselves stay down by double digits and then realized they were playing the Bucks. Unlike the Suns, who like to let Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Kirk Hinrich/Luol Deng beat them in the 4th (again: dammit...). Mavs have that killer instinct and "mental focus" D'Antoni says has been lacking from the Suns and they proved it again last night.

With Howard (is he really injured? I only looked at other thread), AI, Kidd, and Nash out, All-Star Weekend has become worthless... good thing I'll be in Austin to celebrate someone's b-day so I can watch it all on my DVR when I get back and skip the boring parts with WNBA players.

mabber
02-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Suns home record was decently impressive until 4th qtr meltdowns against the Hawks and Bulls.

I was watching my recording of the A&M/Tech game (dammit...) and flipping to the Mavs/Bucks game from time to time. At the end of the 3rd quarter, I left to get some food because I knew the Mavs were gonna come back and win it in the 4th... sure enough, I come back with 22 seconds left and they've got a 2 point lead and the ball.

It's like they were coasting the whole game and letting themselves stay down by double digits and then realized they were playing the Bucks. Unlike the Suns, who like to let Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Kirk Hinrich/Luol Deng beat them in the 4th (again: dammit...). Mavs have that killer instinct and "mental focus" D'Antoni says has been lacking from the Suns and they proved it again last night.

With Howard (is he really injured? I only looked at other thread), AI, Kidd, and Nash out, All-Star Weekend has become worthless... good thing I'll be in Austin to celebrate someone's b-day so I can watch it all on my DVR when I get back and skip the boring parts with WNBA players.

Howard was never even hurt in last night's game. D.George got his knee banged and is probably out until after the all star break. He might have a MRI today but they're not sure it's necessary.

LEONARD
02-14-2007, 10:14 AM
The Mavs 4th quarter defense is why I think they'll win the title this year...they've locked down on people in the 4th all season...

Dirk will get a triple double by the end of the season...

mabber
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
The Mavs 4th quarter defense is why I think they'll win the title this year...they've locked down on people in the 4th all season...

Dirk will get a triple double by the end of the season...

Yeah, I was just waiting for the "lockdown" to come. I knew it would, it was just a matter of if they started in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Xylus
02-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Gimme a break, Ron, you're comparing a healthy Mavs team to a Suns team minus 3 of their top 7 guys (including both of their best playmakers).

ponky
02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I was just waiting for the "lockdown" to come. I knew it would, it was just a matter of if they started in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Haha, my bf and I were talking about this during the game last night, even when the Bucks were up by 16 points. One of the Bucks announcers started talking about how great teams close quarters and how the Mavs were not doing that and I yelled back at the tv "great teams close games!" because I knew the Mavs would get it done in the end. This IMO, has been the biggest difference since last season. I hope George is alright!

ponky
02-14-2007, 02:31 PM

Have fun in Austin RonMexico! I think the Suns should've at least won the Hawks game, they were right there in it until the fourth and they had the roster to get it done. Anyway, hopefully the Suns will come back after the All-Star break with a healthy roster and D'Antoni will realize that he needs to open the rotation up just a little to give the main guys some rest and the bench players some time in case he needs them again.

RonMexico
02-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I think the injuries are a small blessing in disguise to give the bench guys a chance out there for the Suns. I mean, if they beat the Mavs in the next 2 head-to-head games then that closes a good chunk of the gap they've given up with dumb losses while Nash is out.

Xylus, I'm not discrediting the fact that key people are out, but I can also be pissed when that bench has enough talent on it to beat teams like Atlanta. I'm more angry that the right personnel (i.e. Jalen Rose) haven't been on the floor at times, and they haven't been utilized in an offense that fits their individual strengths instead of this wide open offense that only Nash can run. I want this bench to succeed and gain confidence because that will pay dividends come playoff time (esp. if anyone gets in foul trouble or something early in a key game).

After the all-star break, they can come back and rattle off some key victories, I believe, but I'm still going to grumble during this stretch when they give up games like Atlanta (Chicago is better, but they could have won that game with the way they were rolling in the 3rd quarter... and if Kirk Hinrich didn't go into Okur-mode).