Oklahoma 6-5 15-9
(18) Oklahoma State 5-5 19-6
Texas Tech 5-6 16-10
Nebraska 4-6 15-9
Iowa State 4-7 13-12
Missouri 3-7 14-9
Baylor 2-8 12-11
Colorado 2-8 6-14

Nebraska whips KSU by 11 tonight, Maric with a record 41 points. Get that man a Player of the Week honor, damnit!!!

K-State Spur
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Impressive game by the Huskers, Maric was a man amongst boys. I have to admit that this one had me worried earlier today. The Cats didn't come to play and Nebraska shoved it down the their throats.

But what was with the Dirk-like treatment for the Aussie? Twice as many free-throws as the entire K-State team?

SrA Husker
02-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Impressive game by the Huskers, Maric was a man amongst boys. I have to admit that this one had me worried earlier today. The Cats didn't come to play and Nebraska shoved it down the their throats.

But what was with the Dirk-like treatment for the Aussie? Twice as many free-throws as the entire K-State team?

Nebraska, at home Saturday against Texas A&M, attempted 3 free throws in the entire game. While shitty officiating might suck, it goes against every team pretty evenly in the end.

K-State Spur
02-13-2007, 10:59 PM
We didn't get the benefit of that A&M game, and we're not good enough to beat anybody when a single player on the other team gets twice as many trips to the line as the entire squad. (and for fairness, i do remember k-state getting a decent margin of free throws in their favor during the first meeting).

That said...

You could have given K-State a 2:1 advantage at the line tonight and I don't think it would have made a difference. Nebraska had a great gameplan of pounding the ball into Maric, then using him to open up the lane for the drivers and executed in perfectly. You could have missed every single shot from outside of 5 feet and still won the game comfortably. When things got down for the Cats, they got frustrated and folded like a tent. Congrats to the Corn. Things are lining up that we might see each other again in OKC.