PDA

View Full Version : Props to JJ

bdictjames
02-14-2007, 04:46 PM
LAS VEGAS, Feb. 14, 2007 – Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson has been named by NBA Commissioner David Stern to replace injured East All-Star Jason Kidd (back) of the New Jersey Nets on the Eastern Conference Roster for the 2007 NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, February 18 in Las Vegas.
Johnson, in his sixth NBA season, will be making his first NBA All-Star appearance.

The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 18, will air live on TNT and ESPN Radio beginning at 8 p.m. EST. The game will also be telecast in over 200 countries and broadcast on NBA.com.

bdictjames
02-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Cant believe nobody has posted this. (or at least that's what I think)

Props to JJ for making it. :clap

kingsfan
02-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Good for him, he deserves it.

JMarkJohns
02-14-2007, 05:03 PM
GD I wish the Suns still had him. He'd be making this period without Nash much more bearable. I know they wouldn't have Diaw or this upcoming pick, but I hated seeing him traded.

Great honor for him, considering how young and inexperienced the Hawks are. They are at least more competative.

RonMexico
02-14-2007, 07:51 PM
GD I wish the Suns still had him. He'd be making this period without Nash much more bearable. I know they wouldn't have Diaw or this upcoming pick, but I hated seeing him traded.

Great honor for him, considering how young and inexperienced the Hawks are. They are at least more competative.

And you know what, if the Hawks' record keeps them out of the top 3 picks, then the Suns will get it and I'll forgive the fact that JJ just destroyed them at home last week.

ponky
02-14-2007, 08:43 PM
congrats to JJ, very deserving!

mavs>spurs2
02-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I never got why Phoenix got rid of him....he fit their system perfectly and he is an all star caliber player.

JMarkJohns
02-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Phoenix didn't necessarily "get rid of him". It's a long story stretched out over two seasons, but ended when JJ, told to earn more than the 45 million over 5 years deal offered in the summer of 2004, hit the market in 2005 with an updated offer of 50 million over five years by the Suns, only to pull down a 70 million over 5 years deal from Atlanta. After Phoenix came back with a 60-million, 5-year offer, JJ felt he would never get te money nor the role he desired in Phoenix, so he asked the Suns not to match his offer sheet. When Phoenix threatened to, JJ forced a sign-n-trade, which was probably Phoenix's intention the entire time thanks to the cost of the Hawk deal.

Feelings were hurt, egos bruised, rediculousness attained by each side.

This is how JJ ended up in Atlanta.

Amare_32
02-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Phoenix didn't necessarily "get rid of him". It's a long story stretched out over two seasons, but ended when JJ, told to earn more than the 45 million over 5 years deal offered in the summer of 2004, hit the market in 2005 with an updated offer of 50 million over five years by the Suns, only to pull down a 70 million over 5 years deal from Atlanta. After Phoenix came back with a 60-million, 5-year offer, JJ felt he would never get te money nor the role he desired in Phoenix, so he asked the Suns not to match his offer sheet. When Phoenix threatened to, JJ forced a sign-n-trade, which was probably Phoenix's intention the entire time thanks to the cost of the Hawk deal.

Feelings were hurt, egos bruised, rediculousness attained by each side.

This is how JJ ended up in Atlanta.

In the end though who knew Diaw was this good. Besides there was no way that Sarver is going to pay the luxury tax. Nash,Amare and Marion already eat up a big chunk of the cap. I already expect the annual Marion trade rumors if the season falls short of the Finals.

Amare_32
02-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Congrats to JJ for making the All Star game.

leemajors
02-16-2007, 12:41 AM
I never got why Phoenix got rid of him....he fit their system perfectly and he is an all star caliber player.

i think he was up for an extension, they couldn't afford to give him a new contract/extension with what they were already paying nash, marion and stoudemire. they would have had even less wiggle room with those 4 big contracts.