PDA

View Full Version : Jackson for Harrington. What a steal!!!

Solid D
11-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Al Harrington is a joke and basically an immature waste of talent. Bruce Bowen deserves props for hitting his shots, but let's face it....Bruce was wide open on most of his shots tonight and that is ALL on Harrington. Did Al ever really stay with Bruce all night? He had A.D.D. and just played some kind of area coverage to go with a few cheap shots, shoves in the back, and a full court throw into the 10th row following a three second call against the Spurs, of all things.

Stephen Jackson for this guy? You gotta be kidding me. What a waste of money.

samikeyp
11-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Harrington blew that deal. He could have had a shot at a ring with Indy.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Al will be fine once they get rid of Walker.

T Park
11-14-2004, 12:16 AM
I was at the Indiana New York game tonight here in INDY, and I gotta say,

the Knicks blow, and the Pacers are NOT NOT impressive.

I know the Pacers are hurt, but there problems lie in there point guard, and there offense.

Here is Indy's offense.

Tinsley dribbles around for about 10 seconds, tosses to O'neal, who does a turnaround 20 footer.

OR

Tinsley dribbles around for 15 seconds, and tosses to Artest or Stephen Jackson for a three.

And to think som people wanted Jamaal Tinsley instead of Tony Parker.

I wouldn't trade TWO Tinsley's for 1 Parker.

Stephen Jackson on the other hand looks VERY good, and is making me think that passing on him this summer was a bIG BIG mistake.

Also letting Mike Brown go was a mistake as well.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Tinsley's having an awesome year so far, averaging 8.7 apg. But I still wouldn't want him over Parker.

T Park
11-14-2004, 12:24 AM
8.7 is awesome??

for a guy that just signed a new 40 million dollar deal he sould average more.

Once again, his PG skills are pathetic.

He has no ability to run a team what, so, ever.

The Pacers also have a problem holding on to leads.

They had huge 4th quarter leads two nights in a row and have totally blown them.

There offensive sets are a wreck.

there defense is even worse, Oneal was getting worked over by Muhammed inside big time.

Das Texan
11-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Mike Brown got a promotion with Indiana.....

He will hopefully be a head coach at some point in this league.

As far as Stephen Jackson....it happens...Manu is a better off guard than Jackson anyway.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2004, 12:43 AM
8.7 is awesome??

for a guy that just signed a new 40 million dollar deal he sould average more.

Umm... he's first in the league in total assists and fourth in assists per game. A $40M deal is MLE -- league average. He's doing a lot more than average.

T Park
11-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Manu isnt as good a shooter.

Missing out on Stephen Jackson was a big mistake.

write it down

T Park
11-14-2004, 12:45 AM
He's doing a lot more than average.

True, hes trying to blow games single handedly witht his team.

the only reason his assist total is up, is because guys like O'Neal and Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest are taking quick shots after they get the ball, and right now, are making them.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2004, 12:46 AM

Missing out on Stephen Jackson was a big mistake

Manu's career averages are 43%FG and 36% on 3's.
Jack's career averages are 42.5%FG and 33% on 3's.

So how is Jack a better shooter?

Kori Ellis
11-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Sorry TPark but you are looking like a fool with your assessment of Tinsley. You are saying he should average a lot more assists for $40M, but he leads the league in total assists. So how many assists should Tony average for $66M? 11 or 12 per game?

T Park
11-14-2004, 12:53 AM
I apologize for having an opinion.

Career numbers???

once again, I apologize for having a differing opinion.

BTW, just because the guy leads the league in assits, STILL does not mean, he is running his team correctly, OR, giving his team the best chances to win.

The Pacers damn near lost the game tonight thanks to Tinsley's bad ball handling, poor shooting, and horrid defense.

But, my bad, hes an allstar.

Kori Ellis
11-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Why are you acting like a bitch?

You originally said that 8.7 assists per game was nothing and that he should be averaging a lot more for making $40M. I was just pointing out that he has been running his team very well and deliver the ball to his teammates (his job) especially well considering since Jackson is shooting subpar right now, Artest missed two games, and they have so many injuries in the front line. It's a miracle that he's still able to put up assist numbers at all.

You saw one basketball game and you think you are a scout now.

JsnSA
11-14-2004, 01:04 AM
LOL. TPark does a lot of talking out of his ass, huh.

Its fine to have an opinion...but at least try to have some knowledge to back it up.

I almost spit out my drink when I read how you think Tinsley is sucking.

Right now the dude is #1 in the NBA in total assists (Not counting tonights games) and #4 in the NBA for total steals.

And when you get called out for discretiting his 8.7 apg average...which is very good (How the f*ck do you post on here so much and NOT know that 8.7 assists per game is damn good????) ... You try to say he should do more for the money hes making....but his deal is pretty good for the Pacers when you consider the stats he is putting up so far.

And no one is saying he is an allstar...just that he is nowhere near as sorry as you say he is.

I got to tell you...it will be hard for people to take your posts seriously in the future when you post dumb ass crap like this. :lol :drunk

T Park
11-14-2004, 01:11 AM
it will be hard for people to take your posts seriously in the future when you post dumb as crap like this

Damn, I wont be taken seriously on an internet forum.

Where is the rope......

My opinion is backed up with watching how he plays, and how the Pacers play, from tonights game.

Im sorry if "stats" dont back this up.

apology accepted

Das Texan
11-14-2004, 01:14 AM
this coming from the self proclaimed guru of scouting some 2-3 years back when he first arrived here.

T Park
11-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Yawn.

Take??

I see none.

JsnSA
11-14-2004, 01:21 AM
My opinion is backed up with watching how he plays, and how the Pacers play, from tonights game.

Im sorry if "stats" dont back this up.

apology accepted

:lol :lol :lol Dude...NOTHING backs the drivel you post up.

Since you have accepted my apology...I should probably go and offer one.

I am sorry you continue to make yourself look foolish by the stupid ass stuff you post.

But on the bright side...at least you give us all a good laugh with your posts.

:elephant

T Park
11-14-2004, 01:23 AM
NOTHING backs the drivel you post up

Pot, meet kettle.

Once again, I go off of what I SEE when I watch the games.

Dont like it? Tough shit, dont read the posts, and go away.

JsnSA
11-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Whos says I dont like it.

I find your posts HILARIOUS. :lol

Das Texan
11-14-2004, 01:26 AM
Yawn.

Take??

I see none.

and all i see out of you is a someone changing your story every 3 posts.

first his stats werent good enough...now its from an observation stand point.

damn.

tinsley isnt that bad. he is making parker seem shitty and extremely overpaid at this point in the year.

T Park
11-14-2004, 01:31 AM
You obviously didnt watch the Knicks Pacers game tonight.

Tinsley looks like he moves in cement.

Marbury wasnt even trying to play hard tonight and he ripped Tinsley a new asshole.

btw, I stand by, I wouldnt trade 2 Tinsleys for 1 Parker

JsnSA
11-14-2004, 01:40 AM
I wouldnt trade Tinsley for Parker either.

Because I know what Parker is capable of...he is just having a tough stretch now.

If someone like you saw parker play in one of his recent games...they would think he sucked. And Parker doesnt even have the stats this season to prove him wrong.

Which goes to show you watching ONE game doesnt mean shite.

Of course...Tinsley had 9 assists, 9 pts, 3 steals, and 2 blocked shots tonight...which you SAW...so you should know he doesnt SUCK as bad as you say. :lol Unless you actually think that 9 assists 3 steals and 2 blocked shots suck. Actually...it WOULDN'T suprise me if you did think that.

MI21
11-14-2004, 01:45 AM
For $40M he should be averaging more than 8.7apg?

That's comedy.

T Park
11-14-2004, 01:47 AM
what was his field goal percentage, and how many turnovers did he have.

How many times in the 4th quarter did he take a horrible shot without moving around the ball and giving the Knicks chances to come back.

How many..

Forget it, you know all about basketball, once again, forgive me for having an opinion.

I bow to the all knowledgable people of ST.

I dont know whys i thoughts of having my own opinion, ills keep quiet and waits for yours orders there boss, I apologize.

JsnSA
11-14-2004, 01:48 AM
I apologize.
Apology accepted. Just don't let it happen again.
:lol

SequSpur
11-14-2004, 01:53 AM
Ah.... tpark got to go to a Pacer game...

Big deal.

Das Texan
11-14-2004, 02:30 AM
what was his field goal percentage, and how many turnovers did he have.

How many times in the 4th quarter did he take a horrible shot without moving around the ball and giving the Knicks chances to come back.

How many..

Forget it, you know all about basketball, once again, forgive me for having an opinion.

I bow to the all knowledgable people of ST.

I dont know whys i thoughts of having my own opinion, ills keep quiet and waits for yours orders there boss, I apologize.

he did shoot bad.

but he had 2 turnovers.

4.5 : 1 assist to turnover ratio tonight.

4 : 1 for parker tonight.

parker also shot 1-7 which is about as shitty as tinsley's 2-12...wait..its worse.

Solid D
11-14-2004, 09:09 AM
I think I know where T Park is coming from on Tinsley's PG skills. I never have been that impressed with Jamaal's floor leadership, but he does have nice assist totals. He is a good passer. Indiana's offense is designed to hit guys cutting off screens - fed from the guard, so the PG should get fairly decent assist totals.

I can't help you there T Park. Manu is off to a particularly good start this season. He's currently ranked 11th in the NBA in FG% at roughtly 56%.

Solid D
11-14-2004, 09:18 AM
Getting back to the Jackson/Harrington comments, I'm sure Harrington will have some impressive games, particularly offensively and on the boards. He puts emphasis on rebounding and that's at the expense of playing defense.

He was a terrific 6th man for Indy but he really does not have maturity on the court, at all. Once he learns to play under control and how to stay focused and with his assignment on defense, he'll be a more complete player. One who maximizes the tremendous God-given talents he has.

pjjrfan
11-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Every team leaves Bowen open. He just doesn't always hit his shots. I'm not a big Harrington fan, but the game plan for every team that plays us is to leave Bowen alone and double TD, sometimes they leave TP alone and double TD. But against every team we play someone is always open, most times that guy is Bowen.

IcemanCometh
11-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Sorry TPark but you are looking like a fool

http://www.im-using-the-inter.net/img/fonz.jpg

http://www.im-using-the-inter.net/img/ohsnap.gif

pooh
11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
TPark, you only saw ONE freakin Pacers game. Tinsley plays better than what you saw last night. The Pacers right now are the "walking wounded". The fact they've only dropped two games is a miracle.

As for Al Harrington for Stephen Jackson trade being a steal for Indy you're wrong. The last thing Indy wanted to do was unload him. He's an emerging talent and should've received more consideration last year for Sixth Man of the Year. He left because he wanted more time and to start, period. Now he has his chance.

If you were expecting Al to blanket Bowen all night, then you're mistaken. Al is a shooter, he wasn't exactly known for his defense. He has his chance now to put up the numbers and the minutes he wasn't allowed to get while up in Indy.

Jackson on the other hand, knows his role and is willing to be a backup to Reggie. If Reggie wasn't hurt right now, Jackson would be coming off the bench. I look for Reggie to do that once he comes back after what I have seen so far from Jackson.

But trust me, the LAST thing the Pacers wanted to do was let Harrington go.

SequSpur
11-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Tinsley sucks.