PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement at work

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Tonight me and my girlfriend were driving home at around 3 am on 1604 from I-35 to 281, anyways, we encounter a horrible drunk driver, the car nearly swerves off the road 4 or 5 times, so we call 911 and tell the operator where we are and where we are headed, and basically I tell the lady that the guy is GOING to cause a wreck. She asks me what the license plate is, which I tell her that it's too dark to see it, and we aren't going to get close enough to see it.

Long story short, the operator does nothing about the situation, she even tells me "Just call back when you have more information on the car" and hangs up on me.

Wtf?? sounds really shittty to me

TheSanityAnnex
02-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Get closer and get the license plate number. You failed us all.

ZStomp
02-15-2007, 07:44 AM
What do you expect? Unless you stay on the phone the ENTIRE time- which isn't practicable, there isn't much police can do. If you place the call and the operator and are able to get the license plate- by the time police get there...there car will have traveled miles from that location-- especially on the highway.

I do agree that the operator should not have ended the call the way she did.

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2007, 07:48 AM
dont be tight on ur cell phone credit

ORION
02-15-2007, 08:59 AM
That was me ! There was a swarm of bees in my car !

MrChug
02-15-2007, 10:11 AM
The title of this thread should be "911 at Work" jacka$$. You were too much of a coward to even allow the operator to do her job and GET THE POLICE INVOLVED. You failed as a citizen. Hell, you failed as a man. You were too concerned about your own safety to put the safety of others (which you know the driver may have harmed) first. So good job "outing" yourself.

AlamoSpursFan
02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I called and reported a drunk one night who tried to play bumper cars with me on I-35 just north of New Braunfels. They didn't need any info other than what the car looked like and where we were. Apparently, trying to change lanes into the side of a 59' Frito Lay trailer constitutes probable cause because a Comal county deputy showed up 2 exits later and pulled the car over.

Normally I don't report minor swerving, because I've put more drunk miles on my car than sober ones over the years, but this guy was hauling all kinds of ass until he got up next to me and then he slowed down like I was going to toss some chips out or something. Then he got to within roughly 2 inches of the side of the trailer and I bailed over 2 lanes to avoid him. Luckily we were the only vehicles on the road at 3 am. Dude may not have been drunk, but there was something weird going on that I really didn't want to be involved in.

I didn't stop, but I left my contact info with the dispatcher and I never heard back from them. Guess they either let the guy go or they got him dead to rights...

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
That was me ! There was a swarm of bees in my car !

:lol

This dude always cracks me up.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I called and reported a drunk one night who tried to play bumper cars with me on I-35 just north of New Braunfels. They didn't need any info other than what the car looked like and where we were. Apparently, trying to change lanes into the side of a '59 Frito Lay trailer constitutes probable cause because a Comal county deputy showed up 2 exits later and pulled the car over.

Normally I don't report minor swerving, because I've put more drunk miles on my car than sober ones over the years, but this guy was hauling all kinds of ass until he got up next to me and then he slowed down like I was going to toss some chips out or something. Then he got to within roughly 2 inches of the side of the trailer and I bailed over 2 lanes to avoid him. Luckily we were the only vehicles on the road at 3 am. Dude may not have been drunk, but there was something weird going on that I really didn't want to be involved in.

I didn't stop, but I left my contact info with the dispatcher and I never heard back from them. Guess they either let the guy go or they got him dead to rights...

This definately wasn't minor swerving, this guy was driving everywhere but inside his lane, there were 3 or 4 times that we thought he was going to wreck.

Towards the end of call with the operator, the car pulled over to the shoulder right before redland road, I let the operator know that, and she didnt seem to care too much

RashoFan
02-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I have had some expirence with stuff like this....it is best to get a description and license plate #(I know it is hard to get those sometimes). If you are in city limits, you get SAPD...If you are in the county,you get BCSO... and sometimes you get transferred between the two. If the dispatcher stays online with you and you are following the vehicle, they will do what they can to help(even calling neighboring municpal PD or the next county's PD/SO if you are heading towards county lines.)Sometimes the dispatchers just don't have anyone in the area because of 911 calls.
If you are willing to follow the vehicle (at a safe distance) and the dispatcher is a good one...you will eventually get "the guy" or you will see when he/she wrecks and can report where they are so LEO's (and FD/EMS) will get them....

I do this when I can BUT having an ambulance following is a dead give away that I am on the phone/radio to LEO's and if they make a run for it, I am can not go chasing them down.

Fillmoe
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
law enforcement is a piece of shit everywhere..... shoulda known by now

Sapphire
02-16-2007, 07:25 AM
This town needs talking urinal cakes.

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Police sucks.

Chief
02-16-2007, 05:57 PM
drunk drivers should get their privates chopped off