PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams - please bring this guy home to Dallas

fitzgerald
02-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Deron's line last night:

33 pts. 12 asts. 6 rebounds 2 stls.

Anyone want to reconsider? He is 22 years old. This is his first full year starting. Coming from college to the pros is not easy. He is playing like a vet already. You might give credit to the system but the guy is the next solid point guard for years to come. Mavs would be awesome with a point like this. Send Devin Harris and Stack to Utah for this guy. I would do it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Deron's line last night:

33 pts. 12 asts. 6 rebounds 2 stls.

Anyone want to reconsider? He is 22 years old. This is his first full year starting. Coming from college to the pros is not easy. He is playing like a vet already. You might give credit to the system but the guy is the next solid point guard for years to come. Mavs would be awesome with a point like this. Send Devin Harris and Stack to Utah for this guy. I would do it.

I'm as certain Utah would make that move as I am that Washington would send Caron Butler to the Spurs for Barry and Beno.

But honestly, I just can't see what's holding Utah back from making that trade...well, other than the fact that they've devoted a huge amount of marketing to Deron, he's one of the team's most popular players, he's having a breakout season in his first full starting season and he's on a rookie salary.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm sure, after the Mavericks nab Deron Williams, that fitzgerald would also support a deal to ship Diop and Mbenga to LA for Andrew Bynum.

Bruno
02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I remember when Mavs fans have killed me when I've said that Williams was a better prospect than Harris. :rolleyes

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm sure, after the Mavericks nab Deron Williams, that fitzgerald would also support a deal to ship Diop and Mbenga to LA for Andrew Bynum.

Why stop there?

If the Mavs can pull off those kind of deals, they shouldn't even have to send anybody away.

MAVS Get:
C, Dwight Howard

MAGIC Get:
C, Mikki Moore

NETS Get:
G, J.J. Redick

fitzgerald
02-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Nah, just looking to bring Deron home. Could care less about Bynum. Harris will be fine but does not have the court awareness Deron has. Or shooting ability.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Why stop there?

If the Mavs can pull off those kind of deals, they shouldn't even have to send anybody away.

MAVS Get:
C, Dwight Howard

MAGIC Get:
C, Mikki Moore

NETS Get:
G, J.J. Redick

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
harris is overrated

Cry Havoc
02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Nah, just looking to bring Deron home. Could care less about Bynum. Harris will be fine but does not have the court awareness Deron has. Or shooting ability.

Home?

University of Illinois, pal. Hardly Dallas. Doesn't matter where he went to high school at, he's an Illinois-boy!

td4mvp21
02-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Why stop there?

MAVS Get:
C, Dwight Howard

MAGIC Get:
C, Mikki Moore

NETS Get:
G, J.J. Redick

:lmao

fitzgerald
02-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Home?

University of Illinois, pal. Hardly Dallas. Doesn't matter where he went to high school at, he's an Illinois-boy!

The hell with Illinois. He still has his family in Dallas plus his wife's family. Illinois was just a temporary residence. He is down here during off time. Not in Illinois.

StylisticS
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Home?

I sincerly hope you were being sarcastic with this comment. Because if you wasn't? :lol :santahat :santahat :rolleyes :lol :rolleyes :dizzy